Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Modular Units: a Mercenary tale of Mechs, Missions, and Money  (Read 2837 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Modular Units: a Mercenary tale of Mechs, Missions, and Money
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2024, 08:55:00 am »

So just to be clear I can use the 25000 from respec in addition to the 4000 I got from the mission? 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 09:06:30 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2024, 12:15:23 pm »

Rebuilding Bad Joke. Not sure if we can use the funds we got from the first mission, along with the base rebuild fund, in the rebuild, so I didn't use any. I'll probably edit it a bit if we are allowed.

Spoiler: Rebuild: Bad Joke (click to show/hide)

Edited: Added a few more weapons.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 05:08:56 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2024, 12:58:34 pm »

Yes you can use the funds from the 1st mission.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2024, 06:20:46 pm »

Upgraded SOVEREIGN, for exactly 33,000VC.
Spoiler: SOVEREIGN (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 06:34:32 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2024, 08:03:34 pm »

Not too late?

she/her

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2024, 10:29:34 pm »

Not too late?

Hmm going over six players might be stretching it. I will place you in the waitlist and reevaluate if I can handle more players after a few more turns.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2024, 02:19:06 am »

if only I could spend the last 500 on something neat

Spoiler: Longer Tommer (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2024, 07:02:03 am »

TURN 1 - DOWNTIME

This is Downtime, the moment for the GM to rest and for you to RP away.
You may describe your living quarters which are presumably not too far from your currently sole hangar.
There is a place called the Toad's Bay, which is a famous bar where HUB mercenaries like to meet up to widen their network, listen to rumors, and other stuff. Also drinks are half price for HUB mercenaries, which is neat.

There might be more interesting or uninteresting locations around, but you would have to ask or check.

Do bold your action if you do something you want me to see.

Mercy Smith "Caliber" [Reach Heaven] - (VermilionSkies)

Balance: 500 VC
Current MU: Reach Heaven
Hangar #1: Reach Heaven
----------

<Quarters description goes here>

Spoiler: Mercy Smith "Caliber" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MU: Reach Heaven (click to show/hide)

Rom-333 "Drifter" [BAD JOKE] - (Prophet)

Current MU: BAD JOKE
Hangar #1: BAD JOKE
----------

Spoiler: Rom-333 "Drifter" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MU: BAD JOKE (click to show/hide)

Zereth "Sovereign" [SOVEREIGN] - (Hawk132)

Balance: 0 VC
Current MU: SOVEREIGN
Hangar #1: SOVEREIGN
----------

Spoiler: Zereth "Sovereign" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MU: SOVEREIGN (click to show/hide)

Derek "Sting" [Longer Tommer] - (The Canadian kitten)

Current MU: Longer Tommer
Hangar #1: Longer Tommer
----------

Spoiler: Derek "Sting" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MU: Longer Tommer (click to show/hide)

Lu ██████ "Wrecker" [Skew] - (Egan_BW)

Balance: 4000 VC
Current MU: Skew
Hangar #1: Skew
----------

Spoiler: MU: Skew (click to show/hide)

Charles Chauffrey "Iron Wrath" [JACK_OF_HEARTS_MK_II] - (BlackPaladin99)

Balance: 0 VC
Current MU: JACK_OF_HEARTS_MK_II
Hangar #1: JACK_OF_HEARTS_MK_II
----------

Spoiler: JACK_OF_HEARTS_MK_II (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 12:20:47 am by Nakéen »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2024, 09:24:14 am »

[Heya, Chun. Just rolled on into town, and I was wondering if there's anything I should know about the area?]
[Places like these always have secrets.]

Mercy Smith "Caliber" [Reach Heaven] - (VermilionSkies)

Current MU: Reach Heaven
Hangar #1: Reach Heaven
----------

Spoiler: Quarters (click to show/hide)

----------

Spoiler: Mercy Smith "Caliber" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MU: Reach Heaven (click to show/hide)

I spent most of my money on Reach Heaven's new guns, I only have 500 left.
Looking at Mercy's character, I kind of wish I had gone with a medium-gun focused trait. Through Violence, maybe?
Also! I love your formatting for this!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 10:31:27 am by VermilionSkies »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2024, 05:35:05 pm »

To call Drifter's room quarters would be disingenuous, it was an out of the way storage room that he rented for it's isolation in a back alley location. A small bed with a trunk, mostly containing industrial workwear and piloting gear, were shoved into a corner. With much more care, a side of the storage had been converted into a makeshift workstation, tools and supplies meticulously organized and cared for on the shelves closest to the work table. Further away, organized into their own sections, one could see several metalworking projects in various stages of progress, and another dedicated to a small collection of firearms, kept cleaned and inspected frequently.

Drifter saves visiting the Toad's Bay for another day, instead checking for stores and services in the area that would be relevant to his piloting or mechanical projects.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2024, 06:15:22 pm »

TURN 1 - DOWNTIME - PART 1

[Heya, Chun. Just rolled on into town, and I was wondering if there's anything I should know about the area?]
[Places like these always have secrets.]

(...)

I spent most of my money on Reach Heaven's new guns, I only have 500 left.
Looking at Mercy's character, I kind of wish I had gone with a medium-gun focused trait. Through Violence, maybe?
Also! I love your formatting for this!

Thanks for pointing it out! I have retroactively updated your balance! I'm also really glad you like the formatting.

----------

<Incoming communication>

A bald dark skinned man with almond eyes hidden behind square glasses appears on the communicator screen. He has a cheerful demeanor like that of an old friend.

Chun C: [Hey if that isn't Mercy Smith! How have you been?! Finally got around to coming to Begreris right? Let me send you something real quick then.]

Chun sent you a detailed map of the area to Mercy, far more than what was officially available.

Chun C: [Welcome to Begreris, and to the Mercurio Independent Complex. The whole place is practically neutral grounds in the midst of all the saber rattling between the megacorps and the BIA, all thanks to HUB's influence as you might have guessed. You are sure to meet all manner of folks here. Here are some interesting places that you should check out when you have the time:
- given you are a MU pilot, the Parts Market is a must see. Sometimes there are some daily exclusive deals as part of promotion campaigns. Well maybe not today as it is closed for renovation.
- the Black Market ran by CORSAIR, which offers usually exclusive goods at outrageous rates. If you get on the bad side of a corp and you absolutely need one of their parts, the Black Market is your best bet. You will need to get in CORSAIR's good graces though, as it's members only.
- the Jackaster Clinic, ran by a good acquaintance. If you need affordable surgery and maybe some augments, just check them out. I will refer you to them, they will give you a good price. Better bet than the licensed MIC Medical Center if you ask me.]

Lastly, her contact gave Mercy a rundown of a certain ongoing situation: the suspicious movements of the Planetary Reclamation Initiative, and the sightings of the Zereon Star Order.

Chun C: [Lastly, work offers should skyrocket in a few days or weeks. Yeah I know there already isn't a shortage of work for people like us, but things are about to heat up soon. According to the survivor of a CORSAIR raiding crew, the PRI has ramped up its attempts at securing supply lines to Begreris. They are preparing something BIG, that's for sure. And that's not it. The uppity ZSO nobles have also started moving, they contacted the BIA already.]

Chun C: [In my opinion, that must mean the relics of Begreris are much more valuable than what we initially thought. Or there is something else about that backwater planet that's attracting all this merry crowd.]

Chun C: [That's about it. If you need me for something, you can find me here.]

He sent her some coordinates pointing to the office of a small "cleaning" company "Chun's Cleaning Services". Surprisingly, they also offered actual janitor work.

<Communication pending...>

----------

Caliber has acquired a detailed map of [Mercurio Independent Complex]
A more in-depth map of the Mercurio Independent Complex than what is available on official channels. Can be used to find a location that fulfill very specific criteria, if one could exist.

You may now access the following locations:
- MIC Parts Market [Unavailable at the moment]
- MIC Medical Center
- Black Market [Membership required]
- Jackaster Clinic
- Chun's Cleaning Services
- Toad's Bay

To call Drifter's room quarters would be disingenuous, it was an out of the way storage room that he rented for it's isolation in a back alley location. A small bed with a trunk, mostly containing industrial workwear and piloting gear, were shoved into a corner. With much more care, a side of the storage had been converted into a makeshift workstation, tools and supplies meticulously organized and cared for on the shelves closest to the work table. Further away, organized into their own sections, one could see several metalworking projects in various stages of progress, and another dedicated to a small collection of firearms, kept cleaned and inspected frequently.

Drifter saves visiting the Toad's Bay for another day, instead checking for stores and services in the area that would be relevant to his piloting or mechanical projects.

Drifter has acquired a map of [Mercurio Independent Complex]
An official map of the Mercurio Independent Complex.

You may now access the following locations:
- MIC Parts Market [Unavailable at the moment]
- MIC Medical Center
- Toad's Bay

----------

Drifter wandered towards the Parts Market, but his hopes were quickly dashed when he learnt the place was closed for renovations. Seems like they were improving the ramp system to withstand the weight of new heavy MU models. Oh well. The place was big enough to drift around, there was still time to find anything interesting. Right as he pondered his next move, a dwarf of a man hailed him. His appearance and demeanor didn't inspire trust, his rags were filthy with oil, and his body was half implants half man. He spoke with an incredibly rough accent, as if he was chewing on a raw potato.

Stokur U: "Yar' a MU pilot lookin' for parts? Nic-y hands. Fiddle with yar machine all ba yarself?"

He smiled - and surprisingly his teeth were clean and straight.
Stokur U: "Stokur U from SCRAP. Yar tha first MU-lot I see t'day that look'like he really KNOWS his machine, see? Nowadays MU-lots are all 'bout piloting piloting piloting. Anyway whaddya say about a tour?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 11:11:45 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2024, 07:16:30 pm »

Zereth's lodgings were a rather spartan ordeal - a place in which he could comfortably sleep, research and investigate. A workstation in one corner - the usual resting place of his PDA, his pistol and various tools - a wardrobe and shelves holding various baubles in the other, and a bed in another. A secure lockbox next to it held some items from 'home' - including a carefully folded banner with his House's heraldry. Sometimes, he considered hanging it on one of the walls, but he always shot the foolish idea down in the end.

Zereth heads to the Bay, planning to get up to date with the rumors amongst the mercs and perhaps starting to build a proper contact network.

(You forgot to add the -10 to my ZSO relations.)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2024, 07:29:32 pm »

Spoiler: Quarters (click to show/hide)

Rename Longer Tommer to Long Tom please I realized my terrible mistake
Also hang out at Toad's Bay, and listen to any gossip concerning BIA and WMB.  Sting needs an ego booster!

Also Nakeen, shouldn't my skill modifiers be 1/4, 1/4, 1/4 considering my cpu is now balanced instead of specialized?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2024, 07:53:32 pm »

I go out and schmooze with HPH and OBS
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2024, 10:19:37 pm »

Drifter greets the smile with a nod. The slight upturn of his lips the only faint indication of him feeling pleased about the only thing he can take pride in being noticed.
"I am Drifter, I've took apart and worked on MUs and Ships longer than I've piloted. A tour would be appreciated.

Drifter accepts the offer for a tour.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7