Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Alignment - N0  (Read 1935 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Alignment - D0
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2024, 09:32:22 pm »

Yes I'm sure it is a cult and I one that I explicitly cannot win with.

Great to know.

Do you know if this cult is already 'definitely in play' at start of game or if it is something that only could come to exist?

Like, if the cult had no members yet, and might never start - do your mechanics rule that out, or is that possible?
I win when there is no one in the cult, including the cult leader. Also, you seem to speak favourably about the cult, are you the cult leader, Imp?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2024, 10:21:55 pm »

Yes I'm sure it is a cult and I one that I explicitly cannot win with.

Great to know.

Do you know if this cult is already 'definitely in play' at start of game or if it is something that only could come to exist?

Like, if the cult had no members yet, and might never start - do your mechanics rule that out, or is that possible?
I win when there is no one in the cult, including the cult leader. Also, you seem to speak favourably about the cult, are you the cult leader, Imp?

No.  Everything I've stated is true.  I do not convert alignments, and I have no information about alignment conversion.

I suspect what I have is a distraction for the cult, if there is a cult, because I can bestow the ability to act twice in a night, and spread multiple status conditions.  One happens to be a wound; I am able to cure wounds at night, though that would be my one action.

However, what I have is not currently in play.  I am not a cult leader, or a cult member (as of right now).  I have no information about being able to start or create a cult, but wondered if that could be 'hidden info' I wasn't told was also going on.

What I can do, it is not currently in play.  As far as I have info on, it doesn't convert alignment.  And there's none in play right now that I know of.  Whatever you're looking for, it's not me or connected to this.  I have a likely distraction to make it harder for you to find and be sure of your cult.

This thing I can add to the game is not currently 'in play'.  I may not be bringing it into play at all.  I am not eager to create a cult (though I'm pretty sure that's not what it does) and I don't need to use this for my wincon, unless there's a very narrow set of circumstances going on.  I probably won't use it, especially not early.

Based on what you've said, you do have a cult to hunt.  The pool of possible cult leaders is very small because this game is very small.  Max did once claim his dream was to be a cult leader (back in FBYOR).  I have no idea if it's him or what he'd ask for in this game.

But if you currently have a cult leader/member(s) alive you need to destroy, which your wincon sounds like is the case - removing me won't gain you the win.  It would reduce my ability to help you though, should I chose to do so.

Imp, I intend to give you a small gift at the end of day, if you'll say yes to it. It's not really the most powerful thing ever but it could help you to help me, and is as far as I know harmless to both of us and anyone else.

I'm currently neutral about that, unsure.  I have gift or gifts to give at the end of the day as well, and haven't decided yet who I pick to give to.  I'm open to the idea of your gift, just nervous a tiny bit; the game is young.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2024, 10:27:08 pm »

Max did once claim his dream was to be a cult leader (back in FBYOR).  I have no idea if it's him or what he'd ask for in this game.
That was my dream that day, anyway, not a universal one. I am not a cult leader today, nor am I a member of a cult, nor could I join one.

Think I might also give a gift to Tric. Any thoughts on that, Tric?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2024, 10:27:30 pm »

Imp: Did you ever read the sequel, though?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2024, 10:31:50 pm »

Imp: Did you ever read the sequel, though?

shining eyes

The...sequel?

takes a step closer, those shining eyes agleam with joy

That's... FBYOR2, yeah?

so much hope

I will be reading it, I trust.  And helping write it, as a player!

Or do you mean something else?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2024, 10:34:30 pm »

Max did once claim his dream was to be a cult leader (back in FBYOR).  I have no idea if it's him or what he'd ask for in this game.
That was my dream that day, anyway, not a universal one. I am not a cult leader today, nor am I a member of a cult, nor could I join one.

Think I might also give a gift to Tric. Any thoughts on that, Tric?
Mm-mm-mm-mm~

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2024, 10:35:47 pm »

Well, I encountered no less than two books in my childhood featuring magical candy. Both of them had sequels. You'd make for a pretty good Willy Wonka-like, I figure, but there was also that other story with the candy-shop, and the sequels was focused on stickers instead, and, well, i can't quite remember the name of that one. Or its sequel.

That's... FBYOR2, yeah?

Well, FBYOR2 already happened, as has FBYOR3, and FBYOR4, and FBYOR5, and FBYOR6...

I think we're on FBYOR7 next time.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2024, 10:41:18 pm »

Well, I encountered no less than two books in my childhood featuring magical candy. Both of them had sequels. You'd make for a pretty good Willy Wonka-like, I figure, but there was also that other story with the candy-shop, and the sequels was focused on stickers instead, and, well, i can't quite remember the name of that one. Or its sequel.

That's... FBYOR2, yeah?

Well, FBYOR2 already happened, as has FBYOR3, and FBYOR4, and FBYOR5, and FBYOR6...

I think we're on FBYOR7 next time.

Oh.  Doh.  So, I loved your FBYOR 6 so much I decided the 6 stood for out of 5 stars.

I didn't read the history.  Perhaps I will one day!  But I do mean to be part of the future.

Umm. Umm-umm-dum-drum-drumroll please?

Could it be 'The Candy Shop War' by Brandon Mull followed by 'The Candy Shop War: Arcade Catastrophe' - but that's magical arcade tokens... only kinda sticker-like so maybe not.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2024, 10:44:27 pm »

Could it be 'The Candy Shop War' by Brandon Mull followed by 'The Candy Shop War: Arcade Catastrophe' - but that's magical arcade tokens... only kinda sticker-like so maybe not.

Yeah, that actually sounds about right. Hm. Yup. That would do it.

Of course, you don't have to confirm or deny, but you seem like a magical-candy type of person, y'know?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2024, 10:52:45 pm »

Yeah, that actually sounds about right. Hm. Yup. That would do it.

Of course, you don't have to confirm or deny, but you seem like a magical-candy type of person, y'know?

If I am, I'm probably not the only one.  Are you seek-and-destroy?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2024, 10:56:26 pm »

Do you mean 'are you going to daykill me because you're the player with the alignment dedicated to hunting down candy-dispensing nice magician people'?

The answer to that is... no.

(Dammit, why didn't I submit Gate of Dreams.)

But, no, me knowing you're (hypothetically) a candy-dispensing magician / magical chocolate factory owner / candy shop owner isn't going to make me hate your guts, no.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2024, 10:59:47 pm »

Do you mean 'are you going to daykill me because you're the player with the alignment dedicated to hunting down candy-dispensing nice magician people'?

The answer to that is... no.

(Dammit, why didn't I submit Gate of Dreams.)

But, no, me knowing you're (hypothetically) a candy-dispensing magician / magical chocolate factory owner / candy shop owner isn't going to make me hate your guts, no.

Oh, great.  'Cause I don't like night kills either.  And I'd like to be useful alive.

Also, in case you loved that Candy War series, the 3rd came out just last year:  Carnival Quest.  May all your dreams come true even if the retroactive 'I did not choose wisely?!?!?!' is perhaps unfixable.

I hope you don't hate me even if I'm not a candy-dispensing magician / magical chocolate factory owner / candy shop owner.  I'm probably a neat and useful ally to anyone and everyone who can have or handle allies!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2024, 07:37:36 am »

Imp: If you currently have a status that is given to you by the modifier, then you count as a cult member for my wincon.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2024, 07:55:42 am »

Sorry to double post.  I'm about to head out to my workday, gone for 9+ hours, but I have an answer from the mod.

If what I can do that lets someone double act at night and spread status does convert alignment, that would be something some other player makes happen, not me/my ability.  That would be a bastard mechanic, which the game allows but only if someone else's alignment/role/abilities causes to happen.

I have other things I can do, and this 'double action that spreads status effects' is only needed for my wincon under a narrow range of situations that are not currently in play - I have other ways to try and win, many of them, and I currently intend to delay use of, or not at all use, the one that gives 'double actioning and more' to someone.

However, I do want to ask if anyone is willing to discuss if they do not currently have any day abilities at all.  The main downside that's visible and not caused by someone other than me if it exists at all - this 'thing' could mess someone up who has day abilities they want to use later, so if I ever use it, I'd want to use it on someone who doesn't have any day abilities if possible, so that person would retain the fullest range of choices of how to play without gaining problems.

1)  But, Crystalizedmire, if you have a cult problem (and maybe if we all do; I don't know what the cult needs to do to win - my wincon is not cult opposed and I probably prefer not to be converted without knowing the cult's wincon, though I could potentially like it more than my own) but like if the cult needed to convert 3 people to win and I don't need to be one of those 3 people; I can win with that cult (whether they convert me or not) and they can win with me whether they convert me or not - the issue is you can't win with them.

That's cool, that's not a me-problem.  I can also win with you, as far as I know, presuming you just need to destroy the cult and I don't get converted; my wincon's totally unrelated to that.

However, getting me elim is not gonna win the game for you - and while you do that, if that's what you work on - your cult's probably doing something effective.

That said, today's top vote, unless Tric or someone else makes it deadly or permanent, is just for 'out of play N0'.  That doesn't affect me much as far as I know; I have no concerns or preference towards being able to act during N0.  It'll be awesome to be alive to do stuff later in the game, both for fun and my wincon may need it - hopefully never to use that double action, but if it's needed, we'll see.

But you have a cult to stop.  I am only a distraction, if I'm even that.  Good luck against your cult, I'm neutral there.

2) If I have or can give candy, it's totally unconnected to this 'double action' thing, and is also, from my visible mechanics, unrelated to cult stuff.

Have a great day all!

PPE:

CM: I currently have no status effects at all.  I currently have none of those modifier thingies either, like that 'useful' example.

I'm not your person.

But if you are throwing a fit about status stuff, you can die.  I'm not part of a cult, but I am interested in status stuff, which you said isn't the alignment issue you have a problem with.

I don't need you out of play N0, but if any status effect at all or any modifier at all is a problem for you, we have a problem and you're gonna be handled somehow.  I will be moving to see you dead if you oppose status effects and/or modifiers entirely, regardless of if they have anything to do with a cult.

Wanna be enemies?  Need to be enemies?  This can be arranged.  I'm designed to be friendly, but you need to be at least neutral or I'll find a way to fight once I can kill (currently that's a lethal vote, which doesn't exist D0, but I will try to get a wagon on you D1+ if needed.  Do I need you out because you need me out?  If not, hunt your cult in peace - I'm not part of it right now in any way).

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2024, 08:10:11 am »

I may as well claim a bit, considering I don't think my role is particularly offensive to anyone here.
My night action mildly inconveniences people, and checks them off of my list for 'people visited.'
My day action can be used on any dead player, whether they are in the game or not, prevents actions from or against them, and checks them off of my list.
I can't eat any candy, unfortunately for any candy dispensers in the house.
Once I visit everybody, I win.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10