Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Alignment - N0  (Read 1924 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Alignment - D0
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2024, 08:28:45 am »

I may as well claim a bit, considering I don't think my role is particularly offensive to anyone here.
My night action mildly inconveniences people, and checks them off of my list for 'people visited.'
My day action can be used on any dead player, whether they are in the game or not, prevents actions from or against them, and checks them off of my list.
I can't eat any candy, unfortunately for any candy dispensers in the house.
Once I visit everybody, I win.
Oh to feel for one. To have feelings reject. Turn down the light, turn down the wind, turn down these voices inside my head.
Are you friend? Are you foe? Brother, companion, Mirror of my soul? I can't make you feel love.

Here in the dark, I lay down my heart. Same wincon, same start~

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2024, 08:57:52 am »

oh god tric is quoting songs at me

No post by Juicebox yet, which seems a little odd to me? It says they've been online, but they might just be busy currently.
Cult seems a little ominous to me, but they shouldn't interfere with my wincon unless they leave early.
On that topic, is there anyone who will be winning/losing early on who I should add to the list first?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2024, 09:35:48 am »

No post by Juicebox yet, which seems a little odd to me? It says they've been online, but they might just be busy currently.
Cult seems a little ominous to me, but they shouldn't interfere with my wincon unless they leave early.
On that topic, is there anyone who will be winning/losing early on who I should add to the list first?
To break the strings, see the sea, it's Crystal clear for you and me.
Imp you see, target we. A promise made, not to eat.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2024, 03:02:02 pm »

Sorry for the inactivity, I wasn't checking for the game to start last night, and I've had a busy day today. Also, I'm always logged in, so I may appear online even when I'm not.

I don't have any information to share right now, but I am wondering how we're going to come to a consensus on who to vote today. Maybe we try to vote the person who'll interfere with more people's wincons, but still that's quite hard to determine.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2024, 03:34:09 pm »

I don't have any information to share right now, but I am wondering how we're going to come to a consensus on who to vote today. Maybe we try to vote the person who'll interfere with more people's wincons, but still that's quite hard to determine.
I think I'm just going to vote yes, thanks.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2024, 05:35:32 pm »

I'm open to us voting someone, I just don't know who I want on ice.

I'm cool with yes at this point.

Anyone we vote today, they get delayed but also protected.  We get less info about anyone we're maybe concerned about, and if they're someone we want dead, for sure they don't die N0 unless, well.

There is no elimination on the first day, and the voted player is instead removed from the game for the duration of the first night. They may take no actions and any actions targeting them will fail

I doubt even Tric can kill through that protection.

To break the strings, see the sea, it's Crystal clear for you and me.
Imp you see, target we. A promise made, not to eat.

Well, promise sounds promising.  I'm not sure if Tric suggests they both target me, or I target them both?

In any case, I actually don't think I win early.  Maybe if someone else does stuff I can't predict.  However, far as I know some people winning or losing does not mess me up, though I'm more interested in the people who are gonna stick around than those out like a flash (they probably don't need my help anyway... or really need all the help they can get!  I like helping so it's okay to speak up if you're maybe dead without help)

I may as well claim a bit, considering I don't think my role is particularly offensive to anyone here.
My night action mildly inconveniences people, and checks them off of my list for 'people visited.'
My day action can be used on any dead player, whether they are in the game or not, prevents actions from or against them, and checks them off of my list.
I can't eat any candy, unfortunately for any candy dispensers in the house.
Once I visit everybody, I win.

I really appreciate this info.

Are you willing to say more about how you 'mildly inconvenience' people when you night visit?

When you day action a dead player, when does it prevent actions from or against them?  Forever?  That same day?  The following night?  Or what?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2024, 05:42:58 pm »

--snip--
Are you willing to say more about how you 'mildly inconvenience' people when you night visit?

When you day action a dead player, when does it prevent actions from or against them?  Forever?  That same day?  The following night?  Or what?
For the first one: My visit applies a status that does nothing the first time it occurs, but kills the second time. It shouldn't be an issue, though, because I don't intend to double-visit anyone, because it doesn't benefit me at all.

For the second one
i uh
i'm not gonna lie i just eat them
is anybody gonna finish that *points at the dead body*

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2024, 05:53:06 pm »

--snip--

For the first one: My visit applies a status that does nothing the first time it occurs, but kills the second time. It shouldn't be an issue, though, because I don't intend to double-visit anyone, because it doesn't benefit me at all.

For the second one
i uh

That's cool.  Glad to hear someone has a way to kill.

Does your first-time status cause a 'wound', or is it something different?  I happen to cure wounds and doing so is part of my wincon, arguably my preferred way to win (the only thing I have that isn't a one-shot)  Be aware any redirectors may mess with you to kill their enemies if they have any.

I can one-shot bring someone back to life, so if-when we see bodies, should we both be alive I'll discuss if I'm actually wanting a different finish than a meal for it, see if we can agree.  I definitely don't want to waste that one shot on a corpse going down a gullet.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2024, 05:58:27 pm »

--snipsnip--

That's cool.  Glad to hear someone has a way to kill.

Does your first-time status cause a 'wound', or is it something different?  I happen to cure wounds and doing so is part of my wincon, arguably my preferred way to win (the only thing I have that isn't a one-shot)  Be aware any redirectors may mess with you to kill their enemies if they have any.

I can one-shot bring someone back to life, so if-when we see bodies, should we both be alive I'll discuss if I'm actually wanting a different finish than a meal for it, see if we can agree.  I definitely don't want to waste that one shot on a corpse going down a gullet.
It does apply Wounded, yes!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2024, 06:05:43 pm »

--snip--

For the second one
i uh
You're a sneaky little imposter, aren't you? Aren't you?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2024, 06:41:51 pm »

CM: I currently have no status effects at all.  I currently have none of those modifier thingies either, like that 'useful' example.

I'm not your person.

But if you are throwing a fit about status stuff, you can die.  I'm not part of a cult, but I am interested in status stuff, which you said isn't the alignment issue you have a problem with.

I don't need you out of play N0, but if any status effect at all or any modifier at all is a problem for you, we have a problem and you're gonna be handled somehow.  I will be moving to see you dead if you oppose status effects and/or modifiers entirely, regardless of if they have anything to do with a cult.

Wanna be enemies?  Need to be enemies?  This can be arranged.  I'm designed to be friendly, but you need to be at least neutral or I'll find a way to fight once I can kill (currently that's a lethal vote, which doesn't exist D0, but I will try to get a wagon on you D1+ if needed.  Do I need you out because you need me out?  If not, hunt your cult in peace - I'm not part of it right now in any way).
I'm just trying to win. One last question(if you are comfortable in answering): Under what circumstances does it activate?
--snip--

For the second one
i uh
As long as you're actually eating the dead bodies and not resurrecting them, we have no conflicts as I do not need to be alive for my wincon.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2024, 06:46:28 pm »

CM: I currently have no status effects at all.  I currently have none of those modifier thingies either, like that 'useful' example.

I'm not your person.

But if you are throwing a fit about status stuff, you can die.  I'm not part of a cult, but I am interested in status stuff, which you said isn't the alignment issue you have a problem with.

I don't need you out of play N0, but if any status effect at all or any modifier at all is a problem for you, we have a problem and you're gonna be handled somehow.  I will be moving to see you dead if you oppose status effects and/or modifiers entirely, regardless of if they have anything to do with a cult.

Wanna be enemies?  Need to be enemies?  This can be arranged.  I'm designed to be friendly, but you need to be at least neutral or I'll find a way to fight once I can kill (currently that's a lethal vote, which doesn't exist D0, but I will try to get a wagon on you D1+ if needed.  Do I need you out because you need me out?  If not, hunt your cult in peace - I'm not part of it right now in any way).
I'm just trying to win. One last question(if you are comfortable in answering): Under what circumstances does it activate?

What are you asking?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2024, 06:51:12 pm »

-snip-

What are you asking?
I mean what do you mean by this:
However, what I have is not currently in play.  I am not a cult leader, or a cult member (as of right now).  I have no information about being able to start or create a cult, but wondered if that could be 'hidden info' I wasn't told was also going on.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2024, 07:02:50 pm »

-snip-

What are you asking?
I mean what do you mean by this:
However, what I have is not currently in play.  I am not a cult leader, or a cult member (as of right now).  I have no information about being able to start or create a cult, but wondered if that could be 'hidden info' I wasn't told was also going on.

I am not a cult leader.

I am not currently a cult member (If there is a cult, I presume most can become converted, you spoke of 'protection')

I have a 1-shot ability that can allow my target of that ability to become a double night actor and it gives status effect(s)/modifier(s) and potentially spread those to other people - which can seem like a type of conversion.  But it does not convert alignment or change or affect alignment in any way, based on info I have and checked with the mod.  It sounds similar to what you warned us about the cult being able to do, which got my attention so I asked specifically about it.

Based on info I have, it's not an alignment conversion and nothing about my role or abilities can make it convert alignment.  Someone else can potentially have an alignment/role that may cause it to act differently (I suppose that's true for any of us, any ability).

This is an ability.  It would 'activate' when I use it, if I use it.  I may not need it to win and am currently considering not using it at all.

But I have no status effects or modifiers, right now.  I am also not a cult and have no ability that converts alignment.

If you're hunting a cult/alignment conversion target, you are not furthering your wincon by taking me out.

It does apply Wounded, yes!

Are you yourself immune to wounds?

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2024, 07:08:44 pm »

I do not believe so, no.
As well, applying the Wounded isn't needed to fulfill my win condition, it's just a side effect.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10