Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4433 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, Day 1)
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2024, 08:17:44 am »

If it was self-inflicted, no indication of that. There was no warning of it either, they jut got ghosted. So someone denied town any chance of talking to them today. Couldn't be hector given I targeted them today. Which leaves an Imp(notfreakinglikely), an animebird(plausible), NJW, and the hydra(likely).

-
Makes sense, thanks for the answer.

Ok, just to clear up any lingering doubts about how this works:

CrystalizedMire
Not sure why this post NJW. For now Sofajackelis on the menu.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2024, 08:57:56 am »

To be honest, I was Pfp and thought he just used a vote-removing power, didn’t really read the flavour text. Guess day commute makes more sense, especially if he doesn’t show up again today.

Hm. Given we could theoretically hit endgame start of D2, I can see it being CM or his scum partner simply keeping him out of trouble. Chaotic choice if CM is town and ability was used by mafia… denies town info, I guess. Weird.
One wheel short of a wagon

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2024, 09:46:05 am »

I'm currently vote immune for the day, I activated this ability myself.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2024, 10:21:11 am »

Why?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2024, 11:02:27 am »

Okay.

Everyone (I hope) knows my stance, I just wanna live.  Finding a winning side is nice, my comments are not intended to attack anyone.  I mean, I have this beef with Hector who seems to have a beef with me, and sure it's scary to hear people say stuff like
So far Hector's side of the arguement seems resonable
'cause I don't know exactly what you mean by that.

CrystalizedMire, what you did is very impressive.

If what you did was done from Contraband, then the OP tells us you had to do it today or give it away end of day.  So that may make using it today especially tempting.

But as was said earlier:

the vote ... as it is usually the only surefire way of dealing with scum

So you have perhaps ensured you cannot be elim today and you may or may not be able to do this every single day to come (if it's contraband I guess you have to pass it to someone else when today ends)

at the end of every day or whenever you die, you must choose a living player to whom to pass off your CONTRABAND

But, the way you spend the rest of D1 probably does matter a lot.  Like.... I dunno if you and any team you're on got a plan to handle any kills that may come your way at night, or how sure you are that you can beat an early D2 'gotta hammer CrystalizedMire first thing, in case it's not too late and it's the only chance we ever get'.

I have no idea how far ahead you have planned here, what the heck you're doing.  But as a friendly 'um, so' in case you view it as friendly.... 'maybe' use the rest of your day to make sure folks want you alive N1 and D2 and onwards, 'cause...

As is, you -maybe- have made yourself 'the most tempting target in the game' for a number of folks.

I don't intend to touch you, I hope I don't have to.  I'm cool winning with you, hope I can and am allowed.  In case that's possible, I sure hope you have a plan because from my perspective, you look either:

- likely to be part of the winning team, please take me to the win with you, or

- likely to be a target to everyone not explicitly knowing they are on your team, who now think they can't elim you at least D1 (the evidence is pretty compelling) but may think it's important to take you out or otherwise control you any other way possible.

History lesson:

The first Spin game had at least 5 'can't elim me' powers in it, both direct and indirect.

D1 special, whoever was elim D1 was fated to come back as scum.

As of D2:

We had a town, who could not be elimed unless they used an ability that could kill someone;

We had a converted town-ally-to-scum-ally who in the process gained the ability to nullify votes on one person, even post-hammer;

We had a two-life SK who we watched 'change form, drop from the elim scaffold, and run away' (without a flip);

We had a two-life survivor who would have come back from the first elim, with a flip to help 'prove' they were not a town enemy and the killing efforts could stop (but most of the anti-town could not win if anyone not explicitly teamed with them was still alive).

There may have been other means to survive or prevent elim in the first Spin game, it was really complex and not everything that could happen did happen, I'm sure!

So, far as I'm concerned, I don't know anything about CM except they can make themself immune to the vote D1, and maybe have to pass that ability to someone after D1 regardless of if they used it or not (Contraband?) or possibly can do this every single day.  I think in a Spin game any alignment can have that ability and I think it could be 'have to pass it' or 'get to keep it' in this game too ----

So, CM.  How you play today probably affects the rest of the game, unless you're mech-locked to have a win method from D1.

Umm.... we Spin.  If you think you have a mech locked D1-onwards way to win.... either:

1) You're right, congrats on the rand.

2) 1+ others were designed to have a way to counter your abilities, and you were not informed they might even exist.

I have no current intention to interfere and make no claims about if I could or not.  I'm perfectly content to win with you if allowed and possible and I have no idea what your alignment is, but -

Heads up, if you're not planning to mech through the entire game, possibly against strong opposition then you probably need to, umm, have more of a post-based day game.  But you do you, of course.  Just my neutral observations.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2024, 11:19:18 am »

The first Spin game had at least 5 'can't elim me' powers in it, both direct and indirect.
The first one you were in. The first Spin game was long ago and had even weirder things.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2024, 11:25:23 am »

Spin, is End of Day end of Day, or Night. For passing stuff along.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2024, 11:33:48 am »

Spin, is End of Day end of Day, or Night. For passing stuff along.
End of Day.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2024, 12:17:08 pm »

Hmm. I'll leave that to who I pass mine to then. Crystal, you do know you have to die right? I don't trust mafia getting it and using it on the final day. And if you're the mafia, there isn't a reason not to use it if you were feeling pressured. Keeping it secret likely would have been better.

Of everyone here, I think Euchre-Sof are most likely to be mafia at this point.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2024, 12:37:08 pm »

Is this how Crystalizedmire usually is?

Because using a Contraband to make yourself vote immune, whilst players are voting you for you to add more content to the game is super super sus.

A few words from CM may have been enough to satisfy myself and NJW but then you pull this trick and it makes you look terrible CM.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2024, 01:25:04 pm »

Lame

...it just means we should probably vote CM tomorrow, unless CM can stop being useless by actually playing.

@Crystal: You got anything else in your bag of tricks?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2024, 01:34:30 pm »

Oh, it appears that Crystalizedmire can just keep being vote immune for the entire game, and never has to post.

Actually, that probably means that Crystalizedmire is more likely to be Town, as Town has no means of reliably eliminating Crystalizedmire.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2024, 01:47:10 pm »

Not reading posts and ignoring the vote on you.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2024, 01:49:35 pm »

Oh, it appears that Crystalizedmire can just keep being vote immune for the entire game, and never has to post.

Actually, that probably means that Crystalizedmire is more likely to be Town, as Town has no means of reliably eliminating Crystalizedmire.

So confusing.

So, EuchreJack, umm.  You want us to think/believe what about you:

- That you are not really following the game and don't get what's been discussed, including by Our Glorious Leader and the info in the opening post?

- That you don't know there is or could be Contraband and it's traded end of the day? 

- That you think CrystalizedMire can do this day after day, instead of it being something like contraband that has to be passed?

- That you seem sure town has no means to kill besides elim - and given the possibility of contraband which maybe can be given to town and maybe can allow for kills, that this won't happen either?

- Maybe I should be thinking of more stuff you may want us to think you think.  I'm so confused by your apparent understanding of the game.

What's going on?

EuchreJack, what do you understand about Contraband?  And can you explain your reaction to CrystalizedMire, and the game itself?

I try to understand what your hydra is doing, and I get kinda 'going through the motions' plus some really odd moves that don't really add up in my head to anything, like your question:

@Everyone else: Anyone think Tric is scum?
Tric certainly sounds like Tric when he gets a gun and is town...

That seems really weird to me, I mean, the only people who know what alignment are, are the people who get specifically told.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2024, 01:53:47 pm »

Everyone (I hope) knows my stance, I just wanna live.  Finding a winning side is nice, my comments are not intended to attack anyone.  I mean, I have this beef with Hector who seems to have a beef with me, and sure it's scary to hear people say stuff like
So far Hector's side of the arguement seems resonable
'cause I don't know exactly what you mean by that.
What I mean is that it is reasonable that a townie would come to that conclusion
Also, I'm town so I still need to scumhunt
Is this how Crystalizedmire usually is?

Because using a Contraband to make yourself vote immune, whilst players are voting you for you to add more content to the game is super super sus.

A few words from CM may have been enough to satisfy myself and NJW but then you pull this trick and it makes you look terrible CM.
It is not a one-shot so the only downside to using it right now is that it can't be used for this night phase. I also didn't want to pull an all nighter just to post and I have a null read on most people playing so I activated my contraband just to be safe
@Crystal: You got anything else in your bag of tricks?
That's my only contraband but the night version also prevents death
Hmm. I'll leave that to who I pass mine to then. Crystal, you do know you have to die right? I don't trust mafia getting it and using it on the final day. And if you're the mafia, there isn't a reason not to use it if you were feeling pressured. Keeping it secret likely would have been better.
Contraband can't leave the game due to the rule that dead players must pass their contraband to someone living so killing me won't change the fact that the contraband is still in circulation. Also, doesn't it say that contraband must be passed to another player at the end of the day?
Of everyone here, I think Euchre-Sof are most likely to be mafia at this point.
Is it because their posts lack much substance or did you come up with another reason?
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15