Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4459 times)

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, Day 1)
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2024, 03:59:01 pm »

Does the day end if you shoot someone Tric? If not, y’all have work to do while I sit back and get drunk.
Getting Drunk due to Scotland's loss?
Having a BBQ at a friends’ hoose.

Scotland fans were singing “you’re not singing anymore” when they scored to make it 4-1. It was brilliantly funny, and restored my joy at being Scottish.

I notice I’m not dead Tric, why do you tease me so :(
I'm in a Prediction League for the Euros, I've predicted Switzerland will win the Euros.

Going well so far!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2024, 05:47:37 pm »

Well, I've seen worse D1s, but this one hasn't been great.

Couple of ways to move forward here. One way is talking about contraband, but ech... I don't like power talk D1, and most games aren't solvable. Honestly, the most suspicious thing Hector's said is that we might try to solve the game that way, tbh. Does he have a reason to want to know who has or is using contraband?

Imp claimed survivor, then swung onto someone for not taking that at face value/suggesting we might kill them anyway. Thus far, this is in character for surv-Imp, so I'm inclined to believe their claim.

Hector made reasonable points, became irate when presented with a dubious challenge, and voted in retaliation to a weak case. So far, this is in character with town!Hector... from what I remember, scum!Hector stays calm just gives town rope to hang themselves, but I haven't seen him in this kind of position as scum. So maybe NAI there - Hector has been defensive, but if he's scum, you don't catch him out by giving him something to be genuinely defensive about.

EuchreJack being extremely sensible is sometimes a bad sign, but in this case it seems a bit more like frustrated surprise at other people's posts than the calmness that really indicates something's off with them. Sofa makes some interesting points about the possibility of a role outside of the capitalist wreckers... 3P fishing can be a bad sign D1, but for some reason I liked their thinking there. Town for now, I think they might be on our side.

Tric asking to die is in character for town!Tric. Need to see more here to be sure.

CM hasn't shown up yet, and that's in character for CM.

AnimePigeon is going to be a struggle to read, as I haven't played with them before, and they're clearly nothing like a new player. May need to read past games. There was one thing that pinged me the wrong way though... their vote on Hector13 came across as a little opportunistic, coming straight after Imp's vote and with slightly minimal explanation. Their reasoning seemed to be that they read Hector as scum faking the exasperation and desire to remove a survivor, which is something, but again a little odd. Scum would make an instant enemy by getting into a spat with a survivor, while losing a potential friend, so it would be a very costly way to fake a town-tell, and one that would invite much more pressure from the survivor. And to be honest... I didn't read Hector as trying to do that. They seemed more concerned with defending themselves in the argument than appearing townie, to be honest

Hm... that's not much to go on, but it's something.

AnimePigeon: why did you unvote hector and switch onto CrystallizedMire here?
One wheel short of a wagon

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2024, 08:10:14 pm »

Well, I've seen worse D1s, but this one hasn't been great.

Couple of ways to move forward here. One way is talking about contraband, but ech... I don't like power talk D1, and most games aren't solvable. Honestly, the most suspicious thing Hector's said is that we might try to solve the game that way, tbh. Does he have a reason to want to know who has or is using contraband?

Imp claimed survivor, then swung onto someone for not taking that at face value/suggesting we might kill them anyway. Thus far, this is in character for surv-Imp, so I'm inclined to believe their claim.

Hector made reasonable points, became irate when presented with a dubious challenge, and voted in retaliation to a weak case. So far, this is in character with town!Hector... from what I remember, scum!Hector stays calm just gives town rope to hang themselves, but I haven't seen him in this kind of position as scum. So maybe NAI there - Hector has been defensive, but if he's scum, you don't catch him out by giving him something to be genuinely defensive about.

EuchreJack being extremely sensible is sometimes a bad sign, but in this case it seems a bit more like frustrated surprise at other people's posts than the calmness that really indicates something's off with them. Sofa makes some interesting points about the possibility of a role outside of the capitalist wreckers... 3P fishing can be a bad sign D1, but for some reason I liked their thinking there. Town for now, I think they might be on our side.

Tric asking to die is in character for town!Tric. Need to see more here to be sure.

CM hasn't shown up yet, and that's in character for CM.

AnimePigeon is going to be a struggle to read, as I haven't played with them before, and they're clearly nothing like a new player. May need to read past games. There was one thing that pinged me the wrong way though... their vote on Hector13 came across as a little opportunistic, coming straight after Imp's vote and with slightly minimal explanation. Their reasoning seemed to be that they read Hector as scum faking the exasperation and desire to remove a survivor, which is something, but again a little odd. Scum would make an instant enemy by getting into a spat with a survivor, while losing a potential friend, so it would be a very costly way to fake a town-tell, and one that would invite much more pressure from the survivor. And to be honest... I didn't read Hector as trying to do that. They seemed more concerned with defending themselves in the argument than appearing townie, to be honest

Hm... that's not much to go on, but it's something.

AnimePigeon: why did you unvote hector and switch onto CrystallizedMire here?

Still generally cautious regarding the Imp/Hector paradigm, Hectors stance whilst understandable, just felt very forced.

I decided I wanted to apply pressure away from Hector, and further onto CrystallizedMire - as I haven't seen anything from them, so they are more than just a Null Seat to me currently.

I appreciate the courtesy & general comments from both yourself and Hector towards me - as much as I like to insist I'm not a big deal. I have played a lot more Social Deduction than I should have 😂

But sometimes boredom is only fixed by a fixation on these interesting games.

Regarding your thoughts on Contraband, I generally agree with you, that and role powers i am in agreement that they would be better placed for discussion tomorrow onwards.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2024, 08:16:33 pm »

Sorry for the delay you guys, I was unaware game started due to procrastinating on youtube
she/her

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2024, 08:19:21 pm »

Sorry for the delay you guys, I was unaware game started due to procrastinating on youtube
No worries :)

I'll keep my vote on you for the moment until I've had chance to read your posts once you've made some.

I totally understand the procrastination, I get lost on this site quite a bit 😂

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2024, 08:58:37 pm »

Let's see if I still know how to be town
CM you are a sneaky deaky. Who would you want to be teamed with as scum?
I have no idea for some of the people here's scum meta so I'm going to say sofajack because I believe they won't get caught from inactivity unlike me who has strong inclinations to stay quiet as scum
So far Hector's side of the arguement seems resonable
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2024, 09:22:19 pm »

Been an hour....

I have no idea for some of the people here's scum meta so I'm going to say sofajack because I believe they won't get caught from inactivity unlike me who has strong inclinations to stay quiet as scum

blinks

Umm.  Man, you post a lot.

So, I'm not putting someone at L-1 particularly now and particularly in this game.  But if, like, this elim ends up happening I'm sure not fighting it as is.  CM, are you okay?  Do you need anything?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2024, 10:41:46 pm »

blinks

Umm.  Man, you post a lot.

So, I'm not putting someone at L-1 particularly now and particularly in this game.  But if, like, this elim ends up happening I'm sure not fighting it as is.  CM, are you okay?  Do you need anything?
I was uhh processing information?
Hector seems town but from my perspective hector has stated that they want to move on from the survivor debate but I feel they haven't actually done much to move from the conversation. Frustrated town lean.
Njw and hector don't share a chat based on the misinterpretation of NJWs question. I'll probably be more active tomorrow as I need sleep.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2024, 11:26:47 pm »

On first day were many heated arguments all around. Some village men started to accuse CrystalizedMire of something, nobody sure what, but was looking bad. Then things changed - mama wouldn't let me see, but somehow CrystalizedMire slipped away while rest were distracted. When I asked one if he still wanted CrystalizedMire dead, he just went red, shook his head, and turned away.

AnimePigeon (0):
CrystalizedMire (0): AnimePigeon, hector13
hector13 (1): Imp
Imp (0):
NJW2000 (0):
sofaJack (1): TricMagic
TricMagic (0):

Not voting: CrystalizedMire, NJW2000, sofaJack

4 to hammer. In the event of a tie, the lynch will be determined by the Party.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2024, 11:35:53 pm »

In the event of a tie, the lynch will be determined by the Party.

Huh.

CrystalizedMire (0): AnimePigeon, hector13

Huh.

I was uhh processing information?

Uh-huh.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2024, 12:21:51 am »

Well then. You wanna explain what happened CM?

Test vote, don’t worry about it:

TricMagic

Vote count, please.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2024, 12:50:01 am »

AnimePigeon (0):
CrystalizedMire (0): AnimePigeon
hector13 (1): Imp
Imp (0):
NJW2000 (0):
sofaJack (1): TricMagic
TricMagic (1): hector13

Not voting: CrystalizedMire, NJW2000, sofaJack

4 to hammer. In the event of a tie, the lynch will be determined by the Party.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2024, 05:55:23 am »

-
Makes sense, thanks for the answer.

Ok, just to clear up any lingering doubts about how this works:

CrystalizedMire
One wheel short of a wagon

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2024, 07:26:42 am »

Not sure why my Vote isn't standing at the moment so let's redo it - CrystalizedMire

Still not heard anything more from this seat yet, was hoping they would grow into the game but they seem either busy or uninterested.

This mindset and mentality isn't going to solve this game sadly though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2024, 08:11:21 am »

Someone just got Day Commuted. Doubt we're be hearing anything from them for the rest of the day.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15