Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4372 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2024, 01:40:51 pm »

Well played all.

I think this game did illustrate Hector's point that a survivor being alive is not good for town. Imp effectively killed more people than I did, despite me using the only factional kill.

In general, I was pretty lucky here. Ruined days for town was incredibly beneficial - I was mainly worried about mechanical endgames from a very early point, as town was so fragmented. Imp's argument with Hector also helped me out, as it mostly stopped him scumhunting, and of course was ultimately what kept me safe. It was a pretty passive win, but frankly, with the blender of kill abilities and vote powers, any kind of mechanical or psychological gambit was very likely to take my head off.

The daygame mechanics definitely made for a pretty unusual experience, especially with someone controlling the hammer via actions. I think in future games I'd prefer to see day abilities that activate simultaneously at the end of the day, rather than what we had here... I suspect many day resolutions were dependent on who posted an action first, which feels a little arbitrary given the different timezones. Pretty good way to evoke Soviet era paranoia, denunciations, people being whisked off, that kind of thing, though.

I did make a few notes, mostly to get my own thoughts in order. The below is mainly speculation about contradband and power usage.

Spoiler: NJW's Journal - N1&N2 (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2024, 03:21:15 pm »

I wasn’t interested in scumhunting, I could’ve won with contraband being used by folk other than me.

Hopefully everyone learned that survivors are bad and should be shot on discovery. Literally hammered town all game long and the exact situation I posited on D1 came true at LYLO, though town were all dead at that point.

I don’t think even if I had gone through with trying to swap another of the three contraband I had on N2 for a gun would’ve mattered because it looks like Imp would’ve just got another AK-47 anyway.

I did really enjoy the game though. Thanks for running it Max!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2024, 03:27:31 pm »

I did really enjoy the game though. Thanks for running it Max!
I'm glad.

And right, the only solution was to be Han Solo and shoot first.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2024, 04:21:55 pm »

I'm just going to say that, in my humble opinion, the game was heavily scum sided.  But it was an experimental setup, so it happens.

Ah, I fondly remember the original Armed Forces Mafia. I gave Mafia a Machinegun. Fun was had by the Mafia. Not so much Town, who probably still get angry at me when they think about it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]