Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 24036 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging
« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2024, 12:46:44 pm »

Second verse, same as the first. 

With suspiciously similar results, the first attack misses while the second hits! You kick a random unspecified tick into the ground, breaking several of its giant legs in the process. The tick is now at 4 HP.

Decoy attack mite.

It leaps away from your attack with unsurprising agility, but is now left in stuck under several heavy blades of grass leaving it vulnerable to your comrades.

Keep doing the thing until further notice.

You do the thing. Thanks to the previous decoy attack, you actually manage to hit this time! You squish the kicked tick, leaving it twitching only briefly before what remains of it curls into a ball and remains still. Your mount auto-fails its attack, with no excuse about its natural weapons being inaccurate like yours.

Van follows up on the injured bug it nearly killed last round, mana striking it again

Unwilling to let you finish the job, the dying mite twitches out of the way meaning your mana explosion struck nothing but earth. It is a pitiful sight for the both of you.

Cast Targeting sight, and Solid bullet and watch as George proceed to miss every single shot that he will take

Indeed he does. He really needs to get his martial stats up.

ENEMY TURN!

Now down to four ticks, they continue leaping around like circus performers looking for their opportunity to sink their teeth into your party. One tick hops onto Kyros's exposed neck, biting deep into his transformed flesh and holding fast. He takes 7 damage, leaving him at 17 HP. The second tick, perhaps sensing an opportunity, latches on to the nightmare's right arm and begins its feast. He is now at 8 HP. I guess they are making up for lost time since the third tick also hits impressively, this time latching on to the massive hunk of fur and muscle that is Lanith's back. Being much less of a glass cannon she only takes 3 damage, leaving her at 20HP. This is probably why people donned armor historically. The final tick misses its own attempt to hit Lanith, so at least she only has one bloodsucker to contend with.

PLAYER TURN!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2024, 04:24:22 pm »

Attack twice, mana striking the second time. prioritize the one that just attacked me.

Dang... 16 damage?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 03:44:39 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2024, 05:22:18 pm »

Decoy attack the mite on the nightmare
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2024, 07:58:10 pm »

Attack the other nite on the mightmare.

Wait, can I do that without hitting him? Guess we'll find out.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2024, 04:12:28 am »

Van hisses "Damned blood suckers," as it mana strikes the nearest tick

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2024, 03:59:22 am »

George mutters "I swear that I am not this terrible"
Targeting sight and solid bullet, you know the usual

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2024, 01:02:56 pm »

Decoy attack the mite on the nightmare

You make feint to expose the tick's back to your comrades, though you don't do any damage yourself.

Attack twice, mana striking the second time. prioritize the one that just attacked me.

Dang... 16 damage?

You kick at the creature lodged into your upper body twice. With an impressive display of gymnastic prowess, you manage to kick the creature with your mana strike. It holds fast, refusing to dislodge despite the force of the mana infused kick that very nearly knocked you off your own feet. Tick is at 7 HP.

Attack the other nite on the mightmare.

Wait, can I do that without hitting him? Guess we'll find out.

You are usually pretty bad at hitting things, I think he'll be OK.

Or maybe you got better at hitting things, since you manage to hit the tick without hitting the guy who was kicking himself. Its probably fine since he was fine with doing it to himself though. The flail breaks one of the tick's legs near off, but it remains stubbornly in place for the next person who wants the excuse to whack the nightmare. Tick at 12 HP.

And the next person who wants a wack at it is your mount. With a mighty swing of its paw it tears part of its torso off. It stomps on it leaving a pile of blood and guts, probably including a lot of Khyros's blood. Tick is at 7 HP.

Van hisses "Damned blood suckers," as it mana strikes the nearest tick

The nearest tick being the nearly dead one you have been contending with. You skewer it effectively, finishing it off even before the mana blast insures there is little corpse left for whatever scavengers call the grass forest home. Tick is dead.

George mutters "I swear that I am not this terrible"
Targeting sight and solid bullet, you know the usual

Lying as easily as he breaths, George puts a big hole in a big mite. Kyros can see the other side of the tick on his arm clearly, but it stubbornly clings both to him and life. Tick at 1 HP.

ENEMY TURN!

The Arm-tick drinks the nightmare's blood, recovering 6 HP and bringing it back up to 7. Neck-tick does the same, recovering back to 9 HP. Both seem to heal magically, their wounds filling with the newly ingested blood forming new flesh before your eyes.

Not being one to miss out on the feast, the remaining tick leaps on to Van. It doesn't seem to mind that this creature is not organic, jabbing through Van's leather armor into the mechanical body below. It latches hard to the Runefolk's lower torso. Van takes 4 damage and is now at 22 HP.

PLAYER TURN!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2024, 01:26:00 pm »

Lanith swipes at a nightmare's tick.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2024, 02:51:30 pm »

Hit whichever tick is closest to death.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2024, 03:32:09 pm »

2 attacks, mana striking on the second one. 

((Why is it always my second attack that connects?))
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 02, 2024, 06:10:10 am »

Fluids flowed around inside Van's internals. Fluids that were meant to carry nutrients to Van's semi-organic components. It was blood in every way that mattered. Van felt oddly weak, and light-headed as the insect siphoned off some of this vital fluid, some of this blood. Even though Van's face remains passive and expressionless its voice rings with rage. "OFF OF ME," it angrily commands. Van stabs at the vile creature imbuing mana into the strike.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2024, 03:05:15 am »

Clearly, this calls for celebration the moment George is back in safe lands. But first, some bugs needs to be squashed with lead.
Solid bullet, and Targeted sight hanging off the Nightmare's arm

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2024, 08:20:48 pm »

Lanith swipes at a nightmare's tick.

You stab through one of the ticks on the nightmare, destroying the newly made flesh as quickly as it reformed with your beastly strength. It is back down to 1 HP.

Hit whichever tick is closest to death.

Probably the tick closest to death is one of the dead ones, but the second closest is the almost dead on on the nightmare's upper body. You miss it anyway.

But your mount manages to pick off the tick and tear what remains up with its teeth. It makes a dreadful mess. Another tick dies.

2 attacks, mana striking on the second one. 

((Why is it always my second attack that connects?))

Breaking the cycle, both attempts to hit the tick making its home on your arm fail miserably. You feel the wind from your own strikes rushing through your hair but can't kick your own arm as easily as you can kick other people's apparently.

Fluids flowed around inside Van's internals. Fluids that were meant to carry nutrients to Van's semi-organic components. It was blood in every way that mattered. Van felt oddly weak, and light-headed as the insect siphoned off some of this vital fluid, some of this blood. Even though Van's face remains passive and expressionless its voice rings with rage. "OFF OF ME," it angrily commands. Van stabs at the vile creature imbuing mana into the strike.

You have the same problem, finding it impossible to stab your own lower torso effectively enough to harm the creature without also stabbing yourself in the process. It remains attached to your body despite your authoritative order to knock that nonsense off.

Clearly, this calls for celebration the moment George is back in safe lands. But first, some bugs needs to be squashed with lead.
Solid bullet, and Targeted sight hanging off the Nightmare's arm

By some miracle you are one of the ones who hits! It flies off his arm along with your bullet, what little remains splashing across the Nightmare and the grass forest. Another Tick is dead.

ENEMY TURN!

The final tick sucks Van's life force, healing to 7 HP. The flesh reforming takes on a metallic sheen, but it otherwise the move seems to function normally.

PLAYER TURN!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2024, 08:32:37 pm »

Murder last tick.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2024, 10:16:22 pm »