Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 23997 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging
« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2024, 05:12:16 pm »

Lanith examines the soup closely and gobbles it down.

From what you can tell it is a hunter's stew, the family likely left it on the hearth for perpetuity and threw ingredients in the pot whenever they had a moment to spare. Lots of root vegetables and generous amounts of meat, likely (giant?) rabbit pemmican from the fat content. The vegetables are chopped finely so it is difficult to tell, but there are some hints that they had once been a part of a much larger vegetable. 
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2024, 05:34:58 am »

"I thank you for your hospitality," Van says bowing its head as it accepts a bowl of soup. "Do the giant tick creatures give you much trouble or are they a new addition to the local ecosystem?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2024, 10:39:57 am »

"I thank you for your hospitality," Van says bowing its head as it accepts a bowl of soup. "Do the giant tick creatures give you much trouble or are they a new addition to the local ecosystem?"

"Big creatures have been here for longer than any of us, at least. Some scholoring types think the grass forest got made from some leak in the Precursor greenhouses sometime after their civilization fell. Makes enough since to me. Nothing gives us much trouble here in town."

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2024, 06:20:34 pm »

"Curious. I wonder what wards them off?" Van looked around. It thought about the possibility that the creatures staying away was the result of the smoke from the cookfires. There could be some form of irritant in the grass that such enlarged creatures were sensitive to and the grass runners burning it had unintentionally protected them. Van didn't verbalise this thought as it didn't want its arson happy party member to get any funny ideas. But the more it thought about it the more unlikely it seemed. The grassrunners had been here a long time, there was no way they wouldn't have noticed something as obvious as that. The idea that Van could have some kind of incense burner that would keep those vile things from drinking its internal fluids again was unfortunately just wishful thinking.

"There must be something in the ruins keeping them away. I'm sorry, as you might have guessed the ruins are why we've come to your fine village. I hope we are not transgressing by investigating them.,"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2024, 07:13:24 pm »

"Curious. I wonder what wards them off?" Van looked around. It thought about the possibility that the creatures staying away was the result of the smoke from the cookfires. There could be some form of irritant in the grass that such enlarged creatures were sensitive to and the grass runners burning it had unintentionally protected them. Van didn't verbalise this thought as it didn't want its arson happy party member to get any funny ideas. But the more it thought about it the more unlikely it seemed. The grassrunners had been here a long time, there was no way they wouldn't have noticed something as obvious as that. The idea that Van could have some kind of incense burner that would keep those vile things from drinking its internal fluids again was unfortunately just wishful thinking.

"There must be something in the ruins keeping them away. I'm sorry, as you might have guessed the ruins are why we've come to your fine village. I hope we are not transgressing by investigating them.,"

"Could be I suppose, could be. Maybe the Gods are just looking out for us? Don't matter much as long as we can sleep easy at night."

She looks in what is probably the general direction of the ruins.

"I just figured the lot of you where passing through. The greenhouse portion of the ruins is open enough, but we sealed off all the doors to the underground part. Someone messing around down there could make the greenhouse stop working, or worse let loose all the Precursor contraptions on the village. Don't gain nothing from letting an adventurer loot it and we could lose everything...so it ain't a smart gamble on our part."

Come to think of it an adventurer would have no reason to publicly mark an unlooted ruin right? If they allowed looting the adventurer that marked it on the map would have just looted it themselves.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 22, 2024, 07:55:33 pm »

Come to think of it an adventurer would have no reason to publicly mark an unlooted ruin right? If they allowed looting the adventurer that marked it on the map would have just looted it themselves.
Were we supposed to be looting it? I just thought we were looking for quests or something.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 23, 2024, 12:09:41 pm »

((I mean, we can do both.)) 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2024, 10:22:39 am »

The room is awkwardly quite for some moments.

"Are you folk planning on staying the night? You are welcome to sleep here if you like. It gets awfully cold once the sun goes down."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2024, 10:25:09 am »

"That would be very kind, thank you."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2024, 06:30:33 pm »

"My thanks as well"
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2024, 11:44:29 am »

"That is very generous of you,"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2024, 12:16:52 am »

Are there any preparations anyone wants to make for the night, or any particular action beyond sleeping?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2024, 08:48:52 am »

Nope

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2024, 11:35:54 am »

Are there any preparations anyone wants to make for the night, or any particular action beyond sleeping?
Not hugely! I think Ethan would probably want to find out how he can be of help around the house as repayment, though.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]