Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 16094 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2024, 11:35:29 am »

Ethan looks at the rope uncertainly and sniffs it, but accepts it for now.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2024, 02:32:06 pm »

grab the rope
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2024, 04:05:14 pm »

After preparing a meal with your now meager rations, you line up like children in preschool and begin the trip through the tall grass while holding a long rope.

The journey is not altogether different than moving through a normal forest with thick underbrush, with Lysia presumably leading the way having the most difficulty fighting the grass at every step and those after being able to follow her trodden path with progressive ease. It seems to be teaming with life, every blade of grass that is pushed aside sends bugs of all shapes and sizes scattering away from the party. They seem to be larger than those that grow in normal-sized grass, as if you had simply shrunk down to fist size in the previous grassland. A bright red ladybug flies by the size of your head, a horsefly the size of a dog buzzes above the grass, hungry hungry caterpillars the size of a man graze high above your heads. You carefully avoid a normal-sized anthill that acts as evidence that the usual ecosystem of insects remains intact. A field mouse, the size of a horse, peaks through at you before rushing away full speed in a panic showing that other lifeforms are likewise enlarged compared to their grassland cousins.

The plants themselves offer shade in thanks to how thick the grassforest is, but if you desire to see the sun pushing enough grass down to see the sky is something even the weakest among you is capable of. Most of the grass appears to be of the same species, but occasionally other plant life is found. This includes mushrooms and mold growing on dead grass, giant weeds attempting to claim the grassland for their own, and various flowering plants that seem to be especially tiny as if to contrast with the forest's main gimmick. None of the rangers find anything particularly noteworthy while literally tied to several hundred pounds of dead weight, but you assume that you could forage or hunt as if this was a normal forest if you had the time to do so.

As the morning passes you make good time, though you now find yourself assaulted by the noise of giant crickets somewhere beyond your field of vision.

And giant ticks. Giant ticks also assault you.

COMBAT START!

A group of 6 Giant Ticks has dropped down from above your heads on the party. As animals they don't appear to have any ranged weapons, the entire group is likely to be in the frontline. This does not count as an ambush, however you will only be able to use spells and abilities marked as precombat in the precombat phase. For most of you this will be readying weapons.

PRECOMBAT PHASE

The enemy has no spells, or at least none they can use is the precombat phase if we assume they are magical bugs.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2024, 07:24:47 pm »

Take frontline and ready my weapon, I guess. Can't think of any other good options.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2024, 07:26:36 pm »

Lanith takes frontline as well, readying her weapon (go into beast form if possible)
she/her

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2024, 10:59:23 am »

Van casts protection on itself and takes a frontline postion

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2024, 05:30:22 am »

Lysia takes a backline position, and focuses on watching our backs for in case there's more trying to circle around behind us rather than watching the group's fight.

((Will not be participating in the fight unless something unexpected happens))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 11:06:28 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2024, 07:52:59 am »

Frontline, I shapeshift into my nightmare form, and cast Tempe weapon enhancement spell. 

((If I don’t post, assume my combat action is to attack twice, mana striking on the first attack.))
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2024, 10:18:12 pm »

George takes backline

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2024, 08:48:48 pm »

Lanith takes frontline as well, readying her weapon (go into beast form if possible)

It isn't, unless you can make a compelling argument that you where already in beast form for some reason. Changing into beast form takes an action.

Van casts protection on itself and takes a frontline postion

Casting protection also takes a turn!

Frontline, I shapeshift into my nightmare form, and cast Tempe weapon enhancement spell. 

((If I don’t post, assume my combat action is to attack twice, mana striking on the first attack.))

You on the other hand can transform! But Weapon Enchantment takes a turn!

Actually looking through your spell list I don't think anyone but George can actually cast anything right now, and he probably shouldn't. Huh.

MONSTER KNOWLEDGE CHECK

Monster check success, discover weakpoint failed.

Accuracy Damage Evasion Defense HP MP
 4(11)     2d+1     3(10)     4         14 8

Special: Blood Drink. May take a Major Action to heal self power 10 after successfully damaging an enemy.

Initiative goes to the party. This was balanced assuming Lysia would do something so try not to die!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2024, 12:58:54 am »

((What am I supposed to do? shoot my teammates?))

change to beast form and keep watch for flankers
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2024, 03:32:21 pm »

Van will cast protection on itself

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2024, 07:31:34 pm »

Cast Targeting sight, and Solid bullet and shoot one of the big ticks

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2024, 07:42:33 pm »

I'm just going to stab one. I don't have any fancy tricks and turning into a dog would be declasse.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2024, 10:51:33 am »

Attack one of the ticks, will not decoy strike for the turn.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17