Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where should the next fortress be?

Embark upon the cavern layer! Survive the depths!
- 3 (60%)
Reclaim our destroyed capital after filling it with divine weapons and armor! March with the fury of heaven!
- 2 (40%)
Other(post a comment with idea)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Longnight the Umbral Souls: Building the largest world conquest fort series  (Read 28014 times)

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Within the Shadow's Grasp
    • View Profile
Re: The Forests of Burning: Building the largest world conquest fort series
« Reply #285 on: July 10, 2024, 09:01:02 pm »

"You know what they found there, down in the depths."

"Shadow and Flame..."

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2024, 12:38:35 am »

goddamn FIRE imps KILLED the WHOLE fkin FORtrESS .

fireballs are deadly af

I’m not sure how the imps got in. There are no exposed magma squares. I built the smelters and forges over only one exposed tile. I’ve never had problems like that before.

another premium feature removed the blocking tiles in workshops, but also removed the blocking tiles in workshops.... thus the issue is borne from decades of habitual tricks gone to dust as time ticks ever onward

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2024, 03:41:12 am »

Wait so you need to build a grate or something over the magma square and then build the forge?

That’s counterintuitive for someone playing since 2013!

It seems I’ve wrecked the fort, yet again. Sorry!

If it helps I can load it up, install grates and reupload for Otto?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2024, 05:06:44 am »

Wait so you need to build a grate or something over the magma square and then build the forge?

That’s counterintuitive for someone playing since 2013!

It seems I’ve wrecked the fort, yet again. Sorry!

No way to have known that feature was gone! I didn't know either.

Because of the smoke produced by fire I figured most of the military was screwed the moment I read the start of that.

Easy to replace troops with a year of training. Replacing my namesake will be a pain though since it took three years to train leadership to legendary

"You know what they found there, down in the depths."

"Shadow and Flame..."

That is definitely the vibe lol. Legendary fire imp will live on through our peoples history

Sad part is they have the physical durability of a kobold

I think we may have a less trained squad left? Could set them to full time training, make sure they are fully staffed, and ready to repel elven invaders. Other than that rely on the drowning chamber for a year while we fully train two new squads. Enough steel around to fully equip them all I think.

MaiseNow

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels task: interrupted by werebison
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 11, 2024, 07:58:14 am »

Holy nuts, that took a hard left turn. Also, it feels weird having my dorf be male haha. Female dorfs only for me in the future, please. This is not a problem, just an FYI. I'm a girl IRL after all.

Regardless, looks like I'll have my work cut out for me once Otto's turn is over and the save is posted. I'm already getting ideas for what to do, but I'll hold off on any planning until I get my hands on the file.

Also, fuck that ramp lmao. Glad it got upgraded so it stops killing our clumsier citizens.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2024, 08:38:26 am »

I’ve just read the updated wiki on fire imps. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in fort mode before, plenty of magma crabs. Apparently they are butcherable and you can make fire imp leather which is immune to fire.

Now I’m imagining an artifact fire imp leather cloak…

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2024, 09:03:59 am »

Fire and Shadow
Earthenjungles, the !!Forests of Burning!!
Fall and winter of 171

Okay true, fixed the title

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not sure but i'm scared that fire imps could still shoot through a grate and fry somebody's butt, so i like to do this and secure the whole passage

Thanks, but I've already played a whole year. Also, would that count as save-scumming? Anyways what is the rule on that? Rules says everything is allowed, so is it just "do it on your discretion"

I’ve just read the updated wiki on fire imps. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in fort mode before, plenty of magma crabs. Apparently they are butcherable and you can make fire imp leather which is immune to fire.

Now I’m imagining an artifact fire imp leather cloak…

Oh thats cool... The second one's still alive but i hope the first one's body got butchered

The funniest thing is that 'Otto_K' and 'Otto_K II' are both still alive after all this. When do we admit they just can't die?

Succession fort runs!
Gateheaven by Maloy / Bannerblunts / Fightquests

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023, Fightquests
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2024, 09:42:20 am »

AHA!!!!! If this is right, we can basically hem the little bastard in, dismantle the forges, slap in some grates, and then rebuild and get on with work. No need to leave the forges (and all that lovely dwarven steel) to go to waste.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2024, 02:06:43 pm »

Thanks, but I've already played a whole year. Also, would that count as save-scumming? Anyways what is the rule on that? Rules says everything is allowed, so is it just "do it on your discretion”

Well, my point was really that this is the second time my turn has lead to the near downfall of the fort. My turn in Gateheaven was retconned to never have happened. This time it was due to a “feature” that I wasn’t aware of.

Since Maloy lost his military leader he’d spent so long building up, I thought we could fix this pretty easily by rebuilding the forges the way I should have done had I known about the changes rules.

Whatever you think is best.

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2024, 03:52:02 am »

I've done a lot of building and hauling and producing stuff, but also our military took big damage. So i don't know, maybe this time it's my turn didn't happen?

If you guys want to say this never happened. Maybe it could go like this

1 You fix forges, post save
2 MaiseNow plays
3 I play a turn after MaiseNow

I would hate to have to wait a long while to play a turn because some bad stuff happen on my turn. I'll try to wrap up today and post save, then we can decide if we continue with my save or Kesperan's save
Succession fort runs!
Gateheaven by Maloy / Bannerblunts / Fightquests

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023, Fightquests
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2024, 06:38:43 am »

I changed the poll if we wanna vote on that.

I'm actually fine with either, but voted no only because to bounce back we will have to have one of us basically spend their whole turn tediously sending out a pillage squad for three in-game years, but also timing it perfectly so the squad doesn't return when the elves are sieging us otherwise they will die.

It's a lot of planning just to have a chance to be able to attack larger settlements.

That said Losing is Fun! I hate being as neutral as I am about most things lol

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2024, 10:48:33 am »

I’ll get a modified save uploaded tonight either way because I won’t have access to pc for next couple of weeks, then there’s options based on what way the poll goes.

MaiseNow

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels task: interrupted by werebison
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 12, 2024, 11:55:04 am »

I'm fine with using my turn to hunker down and rebuild. We have the technology. If that's what we decide on, anyways. I'm not very good at timing squad missions though, so it's a dwarven roulette if it works out lol.

Either way, send me over the save(s) anytime! I'm free from today at 3pm ET until Sunday at like midnight ET, and I am stoked to have extended time in the mines this weekend.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 12, 2024, 01:45:57 pm »

Right, here is my save, version 2.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17144

Slightly modified forge halls, with more protection:

The new forge halls are the layer above the old ones. The old forge hall level is now a magma cistern which has been pumped through a masterwork iron grate, so this should stop any wee beasties from getting in.

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 12, 2024, 03:02:49 pm »

Excellent! Plus, we now have a source we can draw magma from to unleash against elves if we want. FUCK THE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27