Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 11075 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (6/7)
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2024, 11:13:19 am »

[Extra Action, Mafiakill, Day] My Personal Butler: [Player] is Town. However, they are also your Butler. A handy scapegoat if needed. A useful ally if not. When you use this action, target a player. Your Butler will kill them in addition to their Action. This is not known to the Butler. Your Butler is unaware of your existence on the boat due to hypnosis performed upon them.
[/quote]

Spoiler: when I flip you'll see I'm third party with a stupidly difficult win condition that I was never going to fullfill. Survive and find the thief and kill everyone else. After asking the DM for clarification a few times I still don't understand how that's supposed to work and I'm happy with a D1 elim tbh. quarque

We've seen the flip now.

I'm posting too much but my brain won't shut off, NAI, this is maybe important and my mind won't shut off.

Could we be looking at a mafia team that are not teamed.

Why does this mafia member have a flip that identifies someone specifically as town (who cares if it's actually me or not, unless you think it's very pro-town to probe that.  I'm not interested in it).

What matters to me - the heck is this mafia person told X is town.  And claiming confusion, self voting, and claiming to be looking for the theif.

I suspect Qua didn't know who the 'thief' was, and genuinely felt they needed to find that person to 'win' (that is not my read of their apparent wincon, but I think it was Qua's read of it).

The thief may know who Qua is though, even if Qua didn't know who the thief is.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (7/7)
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2024, 01:53:07 pm »

the flip post would display false/null information.
Hey, I was partially right!  We still don't have Quarque's win condition; whether or not he was aware of that as a factor in play is a different, possibly more important, question...
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2024, 02:01:18 pm »

The thief may know who Qua is though, even if Qua didn't know who the thief is.
There could also be two thieves, with the second one rehiding the necklace upon catching wind of our intentions to search their culprit's cabin.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2024, 02:17:52 pm »

There could also be two thieves, with the second one rehiding the necklace upon catching wind of our intentions to search their culprit's cabin.

I know I'm hunting anti-town, not specifically mafia.

Qua is anti-town, and has a 'mafiakill' ability.  Seems confused about being mafia or not, if word of Qua can be believed.

[Red Agent]

[Extra Action, Mafiakill, Day]

This is a anti-town roleflip.

It's also designed to make the player with that role not want to kill one specific player, specifically identified as town and usable as described.

But how many anti-town can we possibly have in a 7 player nightless game?

Could we have more than 2?  3 is the most I can imagine, and I think that very unlikely, even if the others don't have kills.

NJW:  Extremely likely to be town.
CM:  Likely to be town.
sof:  more likely to be town than anti-town.

Now I die on the hill of Max vs Oliv.

Oliv's been on today, after D2 started.  Still hasn't posted.  Everything looks consistent to a Oliv being scum.  Talk or die bud.
Max has not been on since D1 ended, roundabouts.  Is super sus.  Behaved perfectly consistently if Qua and Max are not teamed but are both anti-town, and Max and Qua need to find each other.  Qua said "I'm your bud" and Max said....

Oliverz144, then.

If it's a gambit, then I'm proud of you and you deserve a second try.

If he's going to claim SK, I think we probably need to elim him. I'm not going to understand if people disagree.
Personally, I'd rather lynch the thief first if possible. A demoralized, outed SK doesn't matter that much and can probably be vigged in the night anyway. I won't say no to a Quarque lynch, but it seems like a waste.

I guess I understand that impulse. As things stand, would an Oliverz elim be more worthwhile?
Only extremely slightly, but I'm working with what I've got.

And then Max bails end of day, which if Max is anti-town, that's a lost partner that wasn't saved, and Max is again in a last-game-like position where he visibly tried to save Web and then, D2...
I like Max proposing the no elim here, I think, as I imagine him being passive at this point as town-elim. Not sure if I’ve seen it happen though… yeah, hard to say.
The word you're looking for is "utterly crushed". It's happened a few times, but I'm not sure if you were ever there.

I'm extremely open to the idea that Max may also be a godfather.

But I think NJW is pro-town and honest, however a 'insane cop' or a 'insane, short, simple mafia game' with a sane cop who is hands-tied... but a mafia also hands-tied... might work for the lulz.

Do we remove Oliv or Max first?

I sure hope one of them talks.... no.  I hope they both talk.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2024, 02:52:38 pm »

if word of Qua can be believed.
Something I've advocated against since day one.
I'm extremely open to the idea that Max may also be a godfather.
I might soften up to such absurdity once we see what Oliver's role is.  Right now, Imp, you're the second on my radar in terms of dubiousness.

Oh, and yeah, NJW is most certainly town; why else would he clear a suspected player and claim to be an officer of the law, all the while being among the first (second, specifically) to push for Quarque's execution? :)

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2024, 03:23:41 pm »

test test test 1 2 3 hello HELP
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2024, 03:24:11 pm »

Hallelujah guys Hello its workin

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2024, 03:27:09 pm »

wat
This is so suspicious, why don't you try to focus on the posts directed at you?
she/her

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2024, 03:28:42 pm »

Edit: Oliver is here! Eager to hear his thoughts on the game so far.

Yep... I could see godfather Max and godfather Quarque. It is a heist themed game after all. That would also chime with Quarque claiming to find their wincon confusing - just making shit up to waste town's time with mechanical speculation is definitely in Max's scum playbook.

If Quarque was genuinely confused about their wincon, that suggests there is a thief, and scum have to kill town, find the thief and survive. So it's 4 v 2 v 1. Plausible.

NJW: Can you inspect one of the lurkers next?

I would've believed that Imp was just a confused town but, she was the first to vote Oliverz during the Quarque wagon. Oliverz is null but they are an easy target for mafia to eliminate due to their lurking.
Sorry about missing this. I think the only one I'd call a lurker is Oliverz at the moment... and they're back. We'll see if they're the elim.

You are right that Imp was willing to use the Oliverz wagon, though they eventually showed willingness to vote Quarque. Not voting them on it for now.

Oh, and yeah, NJW is most certainly town; why else would he clear a suspected player and claim to be an officer of the law, all the while being among the first (second, specifically) to push for Quarque's execution? :)
Never say never. Scum are under no obligation to do things that make sense.
One wheel short of a wagon

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2024, 03:35:35 pm »

Ok hello Guys
I am very very sorry for not having played here
i was "online" yes, but only because i have my notebook running with all those tabs open, whenever i start the browser they auto reloads so it might appear as i am online, but i am not, i was not sadly
anyways i just flew over the thread
i had another message like this already written but that one didnt post
anyways
i sadly did not really play d1 nor "n1", which is a very sad thing.
I just skimmed thread, like maybe the last 30-40 posts were glanced over by me, and i have some things to say:

I AM TOWN and should be treated as such. Reading off of activity, or even further, the lack of activity is a very strange thing....
if i am not here, how can i have done scummy things? ergo. so please, dont lynch me
I saw we hammered a mafia yesterday and have one left.
I would start going off of that, and not of some null =) [apparently i was the counter wagon yesterday... i think there may or may not be a scum on me, will deeply look into that]

Thank You for Your patience and understanding =) If You right now have any questions, Can You write them a bit bigger or with deep blue colour? i will see it better then... because right now i will reread d1 with the scum flip in mind... dont hammer me

i already started reading a bit (there was no nk apparently? or is there always none in nightless?)
oh and also imp first you say i wasnt online, then you say i was... both times you use it to scumpaint me... feels like an agenda kinda, doesnt it??
Finger of suspicion on imp, yeah

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2024, 03:35:56 pm »

wat
I had technological errors

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (7/7)
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2024, 03:36:13 pm »

Oliverz144, we don't have a lot of time, this vote's easy to shake off.  Days are very short, hope you realize that and plan for it, we need you involved.

Without hearing more from Qua, I don't think I can accept anything but a Qua elim today, for all my vote's elsewhere and I'd typically accept a Oliv or Max elim on a read-set like this.  As is, I'd vote-manip to get a Qua elim if people came off him.  So, Qua, if you have any interest in anything but a jester wincon, you got some talkin to do, maybe?

I don't think this matters, but should anyone think this is worth digging into at any point:

My D1 vote of Oliv was initially pressure, problem was 'not talking enough'.  My intended D1 elim is stated clearly, later once I had a intended elim.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2024, 03:40:53 pm »

I AM TOWN and should be treated as such.

Great.  We judge town and treat them how they move towards their wincon.  Expect that.  You're getting treated like 'town'.  You want better treatment, you earn it.

Reading off of activity, or even further, the lack of activity is a very strange thing....
if i am not here, how can i have done scummy things? ergo. so please, dont lynch me

So, did you read what happened 'N1' (we don't have nights, but end of D1).

Weirdly, no kill.  And a likely anti-town killer dead early by hammer, so if Qua intended to do the kill, you wouldn't need to, as Qua partner (I'm not convinced this game has teams, but it could).  But you can do 'something else' or nothing - which doesn't mean you're clear, since there's no clear anti-town action that you didn't do.

Game isn't over, we still have anti-town.

I only want you dead if I think you're anti-town, period.

Now, read the game.  Answer my question already asked, please:

i just joined and i will take a look at the other posts here... =)

Oliv, awesome.  It's crazy early, but what do you think about what each of us 6 is trying to do so far?  Is anyone trying to do anything specific that you can tell?

And what stands out so far about each of us?  What have you already noticed about the other players in game with you?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2024, 03:57:22 pm »

wat
I had technological errors
Oh okay. You know you can vote Imp, right?

I think that mafia being double godfathers isn't unlikely and due to Maximum Spin's interactions with Quarque(Taking Quarque's claim at face value and saying that a player who might be town is a better vote than a player who claimed Anti-Town), I think that a tracker should track them first.
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2024, 04:14:49 pm »

if i am not here, how can i have done scummy things?
Strangely, there was no kill last night day, so it reads as if you're arguing that you're anti-town here!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20