Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 11064 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (7/7)
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2024, 08:20:03 am »

I think hammer is 4 and current votes are:

Quarque: [3] NJW2000, Quarque, sofanthiel
Oliverz144: [2] Imp, Maximum Spin,
Maximum Spin: [1] CrystalizedMire,
CrystalizedMire:
sofanthiel:
NJW2000:
Imp: 

Reminder:
make sure your actions are in too before that happens everyone. I'll accept them before any flips, but not after.
2 hours an 35 minutes remain.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2024, 08:31:08 am »

If he's going to claim SK, I think we probably need to elim him. I'm not going to understand if people disagree.
Personally, I'd rather lynch the thief first if possible. A demoralized, outed SK doesn't matter that much and can probably be vigged in the night anyway. I won't say no to a Quarque lynch, but it seems like a waste.
I guess I understand that impulse. As things stand, would an Oliverz elim be more worthwhile?
Only extremely slightly, but I'm working with what I've got.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2024, 09:24:22 am »

We have 7 players.  I presume we have mafia; I know I inspect as mafia (Oh hey, homage to a game where a player inspected as a pirate; there were no actual pirates?)

Can we have a SK and mafia?  There are 7 of us, weird game setup.

Is qua some weird 3rd party anti-town and our sole anti-town, who didn't get that and doesn't like it and everything's weird so they do this?

Max supports it.  2 Mafia with 7 players, but the weird game setup?

My reads:

NJW: Probably town.

Max: null, no lean, but participating

CM: Probably town.

sof: small town lean

Oliv: Mafia game to Oliv; 'did not realize days this short' strong lean.  crying shame null read.

Qua:  Ignoring Qua's 3rd party claim: Focused on CM from start, RVS I think but never gets off; thinks I don't/won't make bold strategies as mafia, thinks he knows what CM is thinking, points firmly at CM/sof.  Claims having no kills (only person besides myself to answer that question), urges give quiet players space to speak (said to me, historically has urged me to talk less, but am I that bad this game?  Laconic so hard), thinks CM's reasoning is weird.  Says is wrong about CM, so probably sof but 'difficult to care'.  Flip will 'prove Imp is town'?  Is our sole anti-town far as Qua knows, game over with elim and feels already outed before making role claim?  That is one way to prove Imp town.

Considering wincon claim:  'Survive and find the thief and kill everyone else'.

The part that makes no sense to me is 'find the thief'. Do what when thief is found?  The whole thing does feel like Qua doesn't believe the game ends with their death.  There's some kind of weird gambit/protest in that post.  All of their posts feel off/oddly focused.

It's incredibly hard for me to not see Qua as anti-town, all my predictions change the flavor of antitown.

Qua doesn't even feel jester to me, but I think something weird is going on that I don't understand at all.

Without hearing more from Qua, I don't think I can accept anything but a Qua elim today, for all my vote's elsewhere and I'd typically accept a Oliv or Max elim on a read-set like this.  As is, I'd vote-manip to get a Qua elim if people came off him.  So, Qua, if you have any interest in anything but a jester wincon, you got some talkin to do, maybe?

Qua:
I hate waste-of-time elims, and I am listening for a 'okay, here's the facts' story from you.  I have two other people I could accept as an elim that are not you, and one's the easiest alternate elim, but as is I'd hammer you rather than risk the other person being elim.

I literally cannot give you any more rope in my mind.  And I'll hang you with it if you don't use it (no promises I won't if you talk, but I hate mis-elims).
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2024, 09:27:46 am »

If he's going to claim SK, I think we probably need to elim him. I'm not going to understand if people disagree.
Personally, I'd rather lynch the thief first if possible. A demoralized, outed SK doesn't matter that much and can probably be vigged in the night anyway. I won't say no to a Quarque lynch, but it seems like a waste.
I guess I understand that impulse. As things stand, would an Oliverz elim be more worthwhile?
Only extremely slightly, but I'm working with what I've got.
Oliverz has barely any interaction with other players so that is by far the worst way we could use an elim. We don't even know if Quarque is telling the truth about being sk. Also, their post is blatant appeal to emotion
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2024, 09:49:51 am »

Not every lynch is about collapsing the system of linear equations implied by player interaction. You'd be surprised how often you end up lynching scum when you lynch the guy who's doing the least.

Still, I'm good with either outcome, so I'm not telling you to change your vote here. Just reminding you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2024, 09:51:22 am »

And that's hammer.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (6/7)
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2024, 10:06:59 am »

Quarque: [4] NJW2000, Quarque, sofanthiel, CrystalizedMire
Oliverz144: [2] Imp, Maximum Spin,
Maximum Spin: []
CrystalizedMire:
sofanthiel:
NJW2000:
Imp:

The votes come to a close.

'Tis not I, believe me. There is another, would I lie to you?" states the nobleman. And though he pleads, none listen to his appeal. This must be the culprit. When their body is searched, and quarters checked, no evidence other than a boatload of money is found, and papers connecting them to the MAFIA. The true treasure is nowhere to be seen still.

Agent of the Malicious Agency of Fell Interstellar Agendas [Red Agent]
[Auto] Noble Connections: Your connections to the MAFIA have you investigate as Town to any cops in the crowd. An upstanding member of society with no reason to steal the Venus Fluorite Necklace. You do, after all, have all the money.
[Day] Polite Donations: You "donate" some of your money to another Player, giving them a target and an additional action for the Day. They must use one action to target that player today, if possible. Alternatively, they can use this to refill one of their shots.
[Extra Action, Mafiakill, Day] My Personal Butler: [Player] is Town. However, they are also your Butler. A handy scapegoat if needed. A useful ally if not. When you use this action, target a player. Your Butler will kill them in addition to their Action. This is not known to the Butler. Your Butler is unaware of your existence on the boat due to hypnosis performed upon them.

The talks reconvene after a short recess. In the time spent, what have you learned?

Day 2 begins. It will end in 24 hours. (If I failed to give you your action results, PM me.)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2024, 10:16:20 am »

Sure hope I'm not the sleeper agent!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2024, 10:34:02 am »

Purely from D1 interactions, Maximum Spin.

Not sure what to ask, do want to hear stuff, back to practicing laconism.

I have nothing to report that is useful to anyone, if things are said that I can confirm or deny I'll do so then.  Nothing's changed my reads from D1 yet.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2024, 10:49:56 am »

Yeah, Max looks dodgy as hell after yesterday.

Problem is, I inspected him and got a town result. So he's clear, unless we're dealing with a double godfather team and a miller... in which case I'm practically an insane cop.

I wouldn't usually claim a town result D2 like this... but Max is a powerful clear, and he'd be the logical elim today given Quarque's flip otherwise. On account of how he basically tried to push for eliminating someone else.

Interesting that there weren't any kills. If someone's stopped it, no need to claim, unless you're pretty sure you roleblocked mafia and can solve the game.

Imp - Your lower postrate is greatly appreciated by the way - this feels like a much calmer game.
One wheel short of a wagon

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2024, 10:52:30 am »

Imp, what were you up to last night?  While Quarque's roleflip only corroborates your claim, appearing as a mafia member when investigated is a burden that requires more openness than the rest to bear.

Oliver, now that the obvious choice is out of the picture, it is time to make a case for yourself.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2024, 10:53:54 am »

NJW: Can you inspect one of the lurkers next?

I would've believed that Imp was just a confused town but, she was the first to vote Oliverz during the Quarque wagon. Oliverz is null but they are an easy target for mafia to eliminate due to their lurking.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2024, 10:56:29 am »

eyeroll When I flip, I flip town that inspects as mafia.

I can read CM's suspicion as confused town.

Sofanthiel's probe is antitown, and I think sof understands that there's pro-town things not to say.

Oliver better talk more.  I don't really want a sof elim, but I do want sof thinking a lot.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2024, 11:03:30 am »

Oliv's probably a very good elim target though.

No kill, so someone stopped the kill, maf chose not to kill, or maf didn't get online to change an action.

Oliv's been offline a lot of hours, and if Max is going to be considered 'likely town' then I'm looking at someone who wasn't active or got stopped.

A Qua-Oliv team - they could have liked Qua's kill and intended for Qua to kill, and Oliv do something else, and then Oliv never back to kill instead.  Mafiachat and doesn't have to be on here at all blurs that, but I do wonder.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2024, 11:09:56 am »

Jumping to vote for me after a simple inquiry?  You seem rather on-edge, Imp.  Here's a thought that crossed my mind: what if Imp made the original claim after talking it over with Quarque in their shared top-secret confidential chat for evildoers?  That would actually explain Qua's eagerness to pass on--a validation of Imp's miller status; otherwise, he volunteered to die for no apparent reason whatsoever.  I will repeat the question once more...
Imp, what were you up to last night?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20