Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 11013 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (7/7)
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2024, 05:58:56 pm »

Are there hammers in this game?
As stated in OP, yes. And make sure your actions are in too before that happens everyone. I'll accept them before any flips, but not after.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2024, 06:08:23 pm »

Killing:  Maybe some town can, for sure maf can and likely must.  I'm comfortable saying I don't kill and narrowing down the pool of possible killers, I don't think I'm risking exposing town that should be hidden by doing so.  I'm sus of killers this game, especially unclaiming ones.

Both CM and Qua seem odd so far this game to me, but I don't think I see two scum yelling at each other and nobody else.  I definitely want to see more talking from everyone but me.  Especially Oliv

I think votes are:

Quarque: [2] Maximum Spin, NJW2000,
CrystalizedMire: [1] Quarque,
sofanthiel:
NJW2000:
Maximum Spin:
Imp:
Oliverz144:

make sure your actions are in too before that happens everyone. I'll accept them before any flips, but not after.

Tric, how often are you okay with us changing our targets for actions, in case we choose to target early, then keep changing our mind as more posts are made?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2024, 06:11:50 pm »

It honestly looked weird to me because it's such a strange reasoning.

Is there anyone else you suspect CM?
If we have any reason to suspect Imp, we should find their scum partner first. How is that strange?
I suspect you, but I don't want to vote in case of hammer. Imp's probably town, Sofanthiel is null, Maximum Spin is scumish null, and NJW is nullish town. Oliverz is also null. 2/4 of the nulls are because they haven't interacted that often.
Oliverz + sofanthiel: What do you think of the possibility of an Imp + Quarque scum team? I don't think it is that likely but Quarque reacted weirdly to my take on millers.

Why kills?
Don't you think it's important to find out? Somebody's going to be doing some killing, probably more than one someone.
Do you think, at any point, it will work? Because I'm pretty sure both scum and town wouldn't want to claim to be able of killing.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2024, 06:13:26 pm »

make sure your actions are in too before that happens everyone. I'll accept them before any flips, but not after.

Tric, how often are you okay with us changing our targets for actions, in case we choose to target early, then keep changing our mind as more posts are made?
You can change your mind up to the flip. I'll use the latest one.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2024, 06:52:15 pm »

Oliverz144, we don't have a lot of time, this vote's easy to shake off.  Days are very short, hope you realize that and plan for it, we need you involved.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2024, 01:37:35 am »

Crystalizedmire, good luck, I was probably wrong about you. My best guess is Sofanthiel at this point but I find it difficult to care.

Spoiler: when I flip you'll see I'm third party with a stupidly difficult win condition that I was never going to fullfill. Survive and find the thief and kill everyone else. After asking the DM for clarification a few times I still don't understand how that's supposed to work and I'm happy with a D1 elim tbh. quarque

my flip will also prove that Imp is town, so you should go ahead and lynch me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2024, 01:52:25 am »

Oliverz144, then.

If it's a gambit, then I'm proud of you and you deserve a second try.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2024, 01:56:32 am »

Crystalizedmire, good luck, I was probably wrong about you. My best guess is Sofanthiel at this point but I find it difficult to care.

Spoiler: when I flip you'll see I'm third party with a stupidly difficult win condition that I was never going to fullfill. Survive and find the thief and kill everyone else. After asking the DM for clarification a few times I still don't understand how that's supposed to work and I'm happy with a D1 elim tbh. quarque

my flip will also prove that Imp is town, so you should go ahead and lynch me

Cool, so... How about before you throw away whatever the heck you are or got, you discuss with the class.

Got a few really smart fellow players, and maybe we have a missing piece that goes with your stuff to know how to use you for mutual benefit.

Sure, your flip's proof, but that's kinda messy and a waste if you're useful.

We got some manipulative players here, some probably are town.  Whatcha got?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2024, 02:08:08 am »

Survive and find the thief and kill everyone else.

If that is your literal wincon, you sound serial killer-like, and anti-town, but I would still like to make sure I understand you correctly, and also, I'd like to know what you're supposed to do with that thief.  Are you like an evil's best friend guardian angel or what?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2024, 02:48:19 am »

Two posts and no content. How do you plan to find scum this game?
I plan to account for their day actions during my analysis tomorrow.  For the time being, being on the lookout for any obvious missteps and suspicious claims is all we can really do.

Sofanthiel comments that they really hope this will not be a repeat of that game. What?
That remark specifically referred to the fact that the game in question was a bust, and my inability to make a single post largely contributed to the tragedy.
K. Clearly this game was dead in the cradle. If you can't be on, at least let the GM know.

sofanthiel: What do you think of the possibility of an Imp + Quarque scum team?
I am of the opinion that Imp's claim is town-leaning, which is something I can't say about Quarque--self-voting is almost always a mafia gambit, as pretending to be indifferent/willing to perish has no benefit for the good guys; it's only a charade useful for the mafia and evil third parties.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2024, 03:09:53 am »

I think hammer is 4 and current votes are:

Quarque: [3] NJW2000, Quarque, sofanthiel
Oliverz144: [2] Imp, Maximum Spin,
Maximum Spin: [1] CrystalizedMire,
CrystalizedMire:
sofanthiel:
NJW2000:
Imp: 

Reminder:

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2024, 05:41:40 am »

Welp, I guess that's one down.

Huh... are there players here that would coach Quarque into claiming 3p as a desparate gambit scum partner? Maybe Max, especially with the jumping off him straight away. That would be extremely weird and last-ditch though, and his situation didn't look bad enough to justify it. Could be a jester... but nah, I don't think so, the initial dubious play looked like his scum game.

If he's going to claim SK, I think we probably need to elim him. I'm not going to understand if people disagree.

Reads:

Sofa looks... a bit better. Stilll not quite playing the way I've come to expect from them as town, but the aggression is good.

I understand Oliverz as a policy elimination here, but not when someone's claimed SK. We do need to see more from them.

Max is... don't know yet. They've been being fairly helpful, but not very talkative.

Imp - I think they have the potential for a D1 miller claim, as they'd be worried about discovery from the get-go and willing to try gambits. Seems worried about vigs. I am dubious.

Crystallised - I think town for now, seems to be trying to solve the game.

I am of the opinion that Imp's claim is town-leaning, which is something I can't say about Quarque--self-voting is almost always a mafia gambit, as pretending to be indifferent/willing to perish has no benefit for the good guys; it's only a charade useful for the mafia and evil third parties.
Do you think Quarque self-voted as a gambit and is pretending to want to be eliminated?
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2024, 06:10:03 am »

If he's going to claim SK, I think we probably need to elim him. I'm not going to understand if people disagree.
Personally, I'd rather lynch the thief first if possible. A demoralized, outed SK doesn't matter that much and can probably be vigged in the night anyway. I won't say no to a Quarque lynch, but it seems like a waste.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2024, 06:49:59 am »

Do you think Quarque self-voted as a gambit and is pretending to want to be eliminated?
Anybody wanting to die as the sole and only representative of their win-state does not compute from a game perspective.  The purpose of this facade could be to try and rely on Max's reasoning, i.e., townies should avoid wasting the first day on a disheartened serial killer lynching, as a last-ditch effort to survive.  There is, however, another possibility: Quarque's accomplice might favor Qua being elected when already under suspicion because the flip post would display false/null information.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2024, 08:15:24 am »

Admirable paranoia from Sofanthiel. Going to put them down as town for now.

Personally, I'd rather lynch the thief first if possible. A demoralized, outed SK doesn't matter that much and can probably be vigged in the night anyway. I won't say no to a Quarque lynch, but it seems like a waste.
I guess I understand that impulse. As things stand, would an Oliverz elim be more worthwhile?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20