Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 57988 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 A surprising proposal
« Reply #1845 on: February 06, 2024, 04:45:18 pm »

Best thing might be having qarques protect back in the game, from the little I can tell. Could get fairly OP.

I like Max proposing the no elim here, I think, as I imagine him being passive at this point as town-elim. Not sure if I’ve seen it happen though… yeah, hard to say.

Apologies for the unnecessary swearwords and disappearance, I let time stress get to me more than I should have. Fingers crossed for the night.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 06, 2024, 04:46:45 pm »

I like Max proposing the no elim here, I think, as I imagine him being passive at this point as town-elim. Not sure if I’ve seen it happen though… yeah, hard to say.
The word you're looking for is "utterly crushed". It's happened a few times, but I'm not sure if you were ever there.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 06, 2024, 04:51:33 pm »

Fingers crossed for the night.

Yep.  I see you as either town MVP or anti-town.  I am delighted to get more evidence for MVP.

Needs a lot, because scum can fake MVP for a night if it helps them.

We can work on my distrust tomorrow, if we're all alive.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 06, 2024, 04:56:34 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 06, 2024, 04:59:45 pm »

Max Spin just in case.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 06, 2024, 05:00:23 pm »

Heh. Okay.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 06, 2024, 05:04:14 pm »

End of Day Two

After a very long day in which many words were shed, and not very many votes were made, the electors finally let the time run down.* They had had plenty of time to deliberate but various fillibusters had kept things going. At last, Maximum Spin is chosen to be exiled, unfit to elect the Doge.

"We shouldn't be exiling anyone!" he protested. "This is so absurd. There aren't even any candidates for the Doge. This is all a farce. The rules are made up and the points don't matter!"

But they had made up his mind and he had to go.

Maximum Spin was eliminated. Maximum Spin was mafia.

Spoiler: Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [5] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire, Euchrejack, Tricmagic, ToonyMan
- NJW2000 - [2] Imp, FallacyofUrist
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination - [1] Maximum Spin

Current Elimination: Maximum Spin

Matching Trades:

Imp: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter
NJW2000:Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald

Wait to receive your trade items before submitting night actions.

Night Two Begins

It is night. Send me actions within the next 24 hours. If everyone submits in a timely fashion I may end the night sooner.

*This game is now somehow the second longest game in the history of the mafia subforum, and the longest for 14 years.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 06:03:26 pm by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D3 Begins
« Reply #1852 on: February 07, 2024, 07:42:55 pm »

End of Night Two

The electors start the day groggy, dragging themselves back in for some more punishing debate.

"So who died this time?" one asks flippantly. "Not me."

Not anyone! Everything was is it should be.

No one died in the night.

Day 3 begins

For all the lack of ritual murder, everything was still not at ease. Another would have to be exiled.

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade -
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- NJW2000 -
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: No Elimination

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 12th February 11pm GMT. (Time picked to be when I'll actually be awake)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #1853 on: February 07, 2024, 07:54:19 pm »

Busy night!

I:
— Used the magnifying glass on Quarque and got Fruit-Selling. None of his abilities are self-targeting and I don't believe anyone claimed a Fruit-Selling action on him yesterday, so I assume he got got by a (Fruit-Selling)-tagged mafiakill
— Used my spherecop on my town hall, targeting Vulnerability, and got No; as of the end of N2, neither Toonyman nor anyone who shares a groupchat with him (except potentially me) has any abilities or items tagged Vulnerability
— Had ALL of my crap stolen: the Magnifying Glass, the Magic Marker (as a refresher: as a nonfree night action, you rename an item), and my emerald
— Had my first chat invite made free (cool)
— Joined Jack's chat
— Had Toony and FoU join my second chat despite me not performing the (single-target) invite action. Presumably I got Wishboned? This action has a realllllly gnarly downside that both of them should be able to confirm, and which will complicate the NJW situation

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 07, 2024, 07:58:11 pm »

OK, FoU has shown up in chat and confirmed he has it, so I'll claim my second chat action: it invites someone to the Secret Basement (my other groupchat) and gives them a Ritual Knife, a [Kill] item that targets specifically me and kills the target.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 07, 2024, 08:01:48 pm »

— Used the magnifying glass on Quarque and got Fruit-Selling. None of his abilities are self-targeting and I don't believe anyone claimed a Fruit-Selling action on him yesterday, so I assume he got got by a (Fruit-Selling)-tagged mafiakill

That could possibly be explained by this flip ability:

(Mafiakill)(Meta)(Mutation)(Flux) Improvise [blue sphere]: A random player with a non-item ability matching your chosen sphere will mafiakill themselves with that sphere.

Which suggests that Max didn't fix FoU.

FoU, who supposedly dupped 'overpowered'.  Except, we see a flip of someone with overpowered, and I don't see a dup of overpowered.

FoU, would could confirm Max's action N1.

I wonder if FoU was using dup to try and help Max find someone with a specific sphere.

I have EP's lost yellow emerald and Magnifying glass, but I don't know anything about a Magic Marker.  The two items that left EP that I know about are safe and will be properly used/moved as we need.  I intend to help confirm the results EP and Tric have told us, among possible other uses.

I will reserve more of what I could claim based on what others say, I'd rather help confirm than speak for any other purpose.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 07, 2024, 08:05:18 pm »

I'm also all aboard the FoU train but I'm going to wait for claims to come in before I get to questioning. They shouldn't affect my intended line of questioning much, but it'd be nice to have them.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 07, 2024, 08:07:42 pm »

I'm also all aboard the FoU train but I'm going to wait for claims to come in before I get to questioning. They shouldn't affect my intended line of questioning much, but it'd be nice to have them.

100%.  Egads, I do not want a hammer.  My vote's my level of suspicion and concern, and could even be unvoted if I hear a clear explanation that works for me/others help me understand what makes sense.

I remind, I had an ability duped.  There's nothing that I see that could explain 'but on death this second copy disappears'.  So I am super interested in FoU's ideas.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 07, 2024, 08:08:11 pm »

FoU, who supposedly dupped 'overpowered'.  Except, we see a flip of someone with overpowered, and I don't see a dup of overpowered.

I have no idea what the heck is up with that.

However, we can confirm that I did use Duplicate on Overpowered. You have the ability itself. What spheres does your ability that was duplicated have?

This Night I used Accelerate #2 on Cascade and Accelerate on Improvement. Those should be in the hands of other players, now. Accelerate is like Duplicate, but instead of duping an action, it makes an action Free.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 07, 2024, 08:09:28 pm »

I can confirm that my ability that was made free has the Cascade tag.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 153