Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59145 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #1965 on: February 07, 2024, 10:54:34 pm »

FoU, does Duplicate affect autos?

No, only actions. Only actions can become Free, is the reasoning NQT gave.

Yeah, we also know this about autos:

[Auto]: This isn't an ability you use, but an 'always on' effect.

And I independently DM questioned about the duplicate ability and that, and got additional confirmation directly, anything auto won't be able to be affected by duplicate.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 07, 2024, 10:56:39 pm »

This Night I used Accelerate #2 on Cascade and Accelerate on Improvement. Those should be in the hands of other players, now. Accelerate is like Duplicate, but instead of duping an action, it makes an action Free.

Here.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 07, 2024, 10:57:13 pm »

Thanks.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 A surprising proposal
« Reply #1968 on: February 07, 2024, 11:00:29 pm »

I'm not at this time including claimed spheres or role names.

N2 claims:

- Crystalizedmire - "I gained an exhausted version of Accelerate" Targeted EP:  "I stole the sharpie(not magic marker but does the thing you described) from you and I mimiced you without the with my role ability."
- Elephant Parade - Complex list of events here.  Used glass was direct action.
- Euchrejack - Not posted yet.
- FallacyofUrist -  "used Accelerate #2 on Cascade and Accelerate on Improvement. Those should be in the hands of other players, now. Accelerate is like Duplicate, but instead of duping an action, it makes an action Free."  CM confirms has Accel #2.
- Imp - Has not full claimed all N2 stuff yet.  Wants to confirm folks.  So far says:  Gained emerald and Magnifying glass from EP.  Caused airsoft rifle to go to Tric, who says did not get it.
- NJW2000 - Not posted yet. 
- Toonyman - Complex list of events here. Copped spheres and joined ability was direct actions.
- TricMagic - "Well, I had nothing happen last night. Rather boring honestly."  Did not get the airsoft Rifle Imp transferred to EP (checking for possible mod error)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: February 07, 2024, 11:10:16 pm »

Oh.  EP, if you're concerned that I can take items I know the names of:  No.

I move items.  I can move any items a player has, it's random which ones if they have more than 2.  I move them in sets of two (one item if they just have 1), and potentially I can move up to two full sets, but conditions have to be just right.

However, no idea if others can do stuff to items by name.  I'm concerned about the magic marker/sharpie thing because if there are 2 items doing that in play, you at least should know you don't know where your one is and maybe an item has a name change that we should know is possible.

Otherwise, I'm not concerned.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: February 07, 2024, 11:11:24 pm »

Oh.  EP, if you're concerned that I can take items I know the names of:  No.

I move items.  I can move any items a player has, it's random which ones if they have more than 2.  I move them in sets of two (one item if they just have 1), and potentially I can move up to two full sets, but conditions have to be just right.

However, no idea if others can do stuff to items by name.  I'm concerned about the magic marker/sharpie thing because if there are 2 items doing that in play, you at least should know you don't know where your one is and maybe an item has a name change that we should know is possible.

Otherwise, I'm not concerned.
I just misremembered the name. It is definitely named Sharpie.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 07, 2024, 11:13:57 pm »

You asked D2 about how many non-emerald items we started with.  I'm comfortable enough now, with the number of dead scum to answer.

I started with 2 non-emerald items, and no emeralds.  I removed both my starting items from play.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: February 07, 2024, 11:31:48 pm »

The word choice is weird and I would like CM to explain how her mimic ability works.

CM previously claimed, D2:

Guys, you know how I mentioned that I have an ability that applies limitation to an ability and how I was a double actor with a side effect? Well, I used my double acting last night. I stole the wishbone and I applied limitation to one of Maximum Spin's abilities and I don't think Maximum Spin has ever mentioned that.

When I double act, I apply cascade to all my actions for the night. The curse applies the limitation sphere and turns the ability to a one shot. When applied with teh cascade effect, the target of teh ability gets the curse passed down to them. Since it seems like you don't have many abilities with a target, I guess it isn't that suspicious afterall. I still find you suspicious due to your bazaar and day1 behaviour.

The curse is also contagious(causes the player you targeted to have that effect) and causes the ability to become a one-shot and I feel this should be mentioned when setting up your bazaar

The wishbone randomizes the target of the target if the target doesn't have a single target ability. My thwart ability uses the stolen item and randomizes the target.

Anyways I claim to be a double actor but double acting applies a flaw to my actions for that night.

I'm fine with CM's claims, though I do note she claimed that really late in the day that she limited MS.  MS does not have limitation among his chosen spheres on flip.  I'm fine with townie secrets and vagueness, CM's pretty townie to me.  But if CM thinks it's pro-town to explain, glad to hear; if CM thinks it isn't pro-town to explain clearly, glad to hear that.  But it seems likely CM didn't limit EP, I take it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 07, 2024, 11:32:48 pm »

OK, here's something that bothers me a little bit about Fallacy's claim. They say that they lost two abilities and gained one N1:
(...)

-(auto) Butterfly Effect (vulnerability, flux),
-(auto) Integrate (improvement, overpowered, convolution, meta),

(...)

Butterfly Effect, back when it existed, chose a random player at the start of each Day, and until the next Day, if that player died, I would too.

Integrate would have, if my actions ever cumulatively targeted seven or more different spheres, cause me to gain a new ability based on those spheres.

(...)

Currently, I have the Purple Chaos Emerald, a Ritual Knife, and (auto) Butterfly Integration (meta, flux, fruit-selling), which I gained Night 1 after losing both Butterfly Effect and Integrate.

Whenever a player dies, Butterfly Integration gains a random sphere that player had as part of their abilities. (If a sphere would be gained twice, the gain is cancelled.) If it ever reaches seven spheres, it transforms into a new form based on the spheres it gained.

But Maximum Spin described his ability as transforming a single ability by changing one sphere into another:
Fine, I'll bite, if only to get more information out of you. What exactly are you proposing?
I can remove your ability and replace it with an ability that is more good and less bad. Hopefully. I have no actual control over what you get except at the sphere level.
I have no idea what it'll do! It's a secret to everyone! It'll definitely stop being the sphere I use, though, so presumably it will no longer make you vulnerable.

Any other spheres you want cleaned off it? I'm not saying precisely what I can do, but let's go with, there's possibly more than nothing, and I'm gonna use a shot on this so it might as well count.

Fallacy told him to zap Vulnerability, which is only on Butterfly Effect, not Integrate:
Fallacy, seriously though, do you want me to relieve you of that auto or not. Because I think we're going to lynch Jack eventually, and it might be nice to not get dragged down too, right? Just gimme a sphere or two.
Vulnerability.

Fallacy wasn't specific about what happened to their ability D2:
Everyone else: Did something happen to you tonight(that you were informed of)?
Two things happened to me, the first was the aforementioned transformation of my previous weakness into... something new. The other thing I won't claim other than to say it was my own fault and entirely expected.

And Maximum Spin flipped with an ability that mutated a single ability, not fused two or more:
Maximum Spin
The game where the r[u/o]les are made up and the points don't matter.
Meta, mutation, flux, cascade, overpowered.

[one shot](Limitation)(Flux)(Meta)(Mutation)(Cascade)(Overpowered) New Sketch Idea [blue sphere]: Name a blue sphere. Everyone with that sphere has one of their abilities with it permanently mutated into a different ability based around a random blue sphere and the non-mutated spheres that ability had. This can transform actions in progress. This has no impact on [items]. The mafiakill is untargetable. If this ability successfully mutates, it is transformed into an ability which combines all the new spheres it had just created.

(Mafiakill)(Meta)(Mutation)(Flux) Improvise [blue sphere]: A random player with a non-item ability matching your chosen sphere will mafiakill themselves with that sphere.

It's plausible that Maximum Spin's first ability was substantially different. If we assume Fallacy isn't lying about being cleansed, then there must be at least two differences between it and New Sketch Idea: (1) it must've targeted red spheres, and (2) it must not have targeted all players (I have an ability with Vulnerability and nothing happened to it). It is possible, I guess, that MS was lying and (3) it merged all of a player's autos, including ones without the target sphere, into one. But I think it's more likely, if we assume MS wasn't bullshitting about that ability targeting a sphere, that it replaced, not fused, in which case FoU's claim doesn't make sense.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 A surprising proposal
« Reply #1974 on: February 07, 2024, 11:33:54 pm »

I don't like my wording, so EBWOP:

Max didn't pick 'limitation'.  But the ability is limited, sure could have come from CM's claim, and not obviously from MS's original sphere choices.

[spoiler=Maximum Spin]
The game where the r[u/o]les are made up and the points don't matter.
Meta, mutation, flux, cascade, overpowered.

[one shot](Limitation)(Flux)(Meta)(Mutation)(Cascade)(Overpowered) New Sketch Idea [blue sphere]: Name a blue sphere. Everyone with that sphere has one of their abilities with it permanently mutated into a different ability based around a random blue sphere and the non-mutated spheres that ability had. This can transform actions in progress. This has no impact on [items]. The mafiakill is untargetable. If this ability successfully mutates, it is transformed into an ability which combines all the new spheres it had just created.

(Mafiakill)(Meta)(Mutation)(Flux) Improvise [blue sphere]: A random player with a non-item ability matching your chosen sphere will mafiakill themselves with that sphere.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: February 07, 2024, 11:36:51 pm »

It's also possible that Spin's final partner used whatever the ability was that fixed me, while Spin just used his special mafiakill to kill Quarque with fruit-selling.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 07, 2024, 11:42:30 pm »

Word of scum, and scum we know needed to find folks with specific spheres to have any hope of targeting kills, but...

It must most likely be a "vulnerability" sphere, right? Does anyone else have a "vulnerability" sphere ability? I'm not trying to rolefish here, but I could potentially handle this.

Fine, I'll bite, if only to get more information out of you. What exactly are you proposing?
I can remove your ability and replace it with an ability that is more good and less bad. Hopefully. I have no actual control over what you get except at the sphere level.

You know, it does occur to me, though.

Fallacy, if you really have such an auto, you could tell me a relevant sphere on it. I could potentially change it to something else that might be less destructive.

I have no idea what it'll do! It's a secret to everyone! It'll definitely stop being the sphere I use, though, so presumably it will no longer make you vulnerable.

Any other spheres you want cleaned off it? I'm not saying precisely what I can do, but let's go with, there's possibly more than nothing, and I'm gonna use a shot on this so it might as well count.

I note the 'use a shot on this'.

I have no idea how to read known scum MS who plays so fast and loose with truth and lie.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1977 on: February 07, 2024, 11:45:01 pm »

The other thing I won't claim other than to say it was my own fault and entirely expected.

FoU.  I understand you also released Dup ability into the world.

But what's this 'your own fault and entirely expected'?  Is that how you were 'joking' or whatever about your use of Dup?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1978 on: February 07, 2024, 11:48:41 pm »

But what's this 'your own fault and entirely expected'?  Is that how you were 'joking' or whatever about your use of Dup?

Speaking about the creation of the Acceleration copy.

Yes, 'fault' is typically used to refer to negative things, EP poked me about this in the basement chat. I used it to refer to me gaining an ability copy because I'm weird.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 07, 2024, 11:53:44 pm »

It appears that now might be a wise, potentially pro-town time for me to reveal more about my remove item from play function.

It's selective, works differently for me than the rest of you.

Any item I remove from play, is out of play for the rest of you, as far as I know.  As in, can't steal it, trigger it, whatever.

I can, under some circumstances, use it for various purposes including uses you probably could not do with it; however I cannot trade it.  However, I can potentially use items I have removed from play.  Exactly if, when, and how I can use them is complicated, and there's conditions when I can't.

I can potentially give those items and use 'variants of give' with those items, so anything I remove from play can come back into play if I choose.

If I die, I take the items with me out of the game.  There are circumstances I intend to control where they could re-enter play, distributed to everyone but me, while I'm still alive.  Insofar as possible, I'm controling those circumstances really well.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 153