Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58051 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1725 on: February 05, 2024, 05:18:49 pm »

Guys, you know how I mentioned that I have an ability that applies limitation to an ability and how I was a double actor with a side effect? Well, I used my double acting last night. I stole the wishbone and I applied limitation to one of Maximum Spin's abilities and I don't think Maximum Spin has ever mentioned that.

Thanks, CM.

To my read, it's NAI that he hasn't mentioned it.  It's very slightly, and in this game not enough, to say 'so he should live longer', to hear that he's limited.  I catch that you probably sus Toony enough to steal from and Max enough to limit.

What matters is, is Max anti-town?  If he is, he has to die, soon as possible, and your limit's a good use in my eyes, he's reasonably sus and we're probably solving this game on how we talk and vote... especially who we vote.

To me there's higher odds anti-town available to vote; Max is null to me.

But if we allow Max to live today, that (1 or more of) his abilities are 'limited' in some way.  This may reduce the danger he poses or perhaps changes it.  He could have the limitations sphere and that could already be on the ability(ies) you hit.

It's not a bad play.  If we get lucky, a limit can even make stuff more pro-town if used.

Do you have concerns or questions about this, or want to discuss?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 05, 2024, 05:19:39 pm »

CM: Why did you steal from Toony and limit Max, but, in the morning, park your vote on me?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 05, 2024, 05:22:50 pm »

Can you be absolutely clear whether you did know about it?
I did know about it. It's just that it was completely harmless, and once I figured out who did it, it didn't seem like it mattered. I actually thought it was CrystalizedMire's wishbone action, which is part of why I was convinced it worked the way I said... so I guess I don't know if it works like that or not anymore.

I don't usually just spill information for no reason.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 05, 2024, 05:37:59 pm »

... Sorry Max. That might have been more useful during the wishbone discussion. I just don't trust you.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 05, 2024, 05:41:11 pm »

Anyways my reads(most to least suspicious):
Maximum Spin - Most suspicious due to d1 behaviour aka probably Webadict's partner(I think I already discussed this before) and also not mentioning my curse on him
Elephant Parade - I find him suspicious due to his precieved closeness with Webadict
NJW and Fallacy - I don't like NJW's interactions with max nearing end of d1 but I don't find anything suspicious about him. I feel Fallacy should talk about the effect of their night action
EuchreJack - bad vibes
Toony - It is understandable that they trust Webadict so much due to their role
Imp - Plays like town Imp(way too many posts with filler inside which is something that Imp always does) and eliminated Webadict
Tricmagic - Plays like Tricmagic and role indicates probably not scum
Can you be absolutely clear whether you did know about it?
I did know about it. It's just that it was completely harmless, and once I figured out who did it, it didn't seem like it mattered. I actually thought it was CrystalizedMire's wishbone action, which is part of why I was convinced it worked the way I said... so I guess I don't know if it works like that or not anymore.

I don't usually just spill information for no reason.
The curse is also contagious(causes the player you targeted to have that effect) and causes the ability to become a one-shot and I feel this should be mentioned when setting up your bazaar
CM: Why did you steal from Toony and limit Max, but, in the morning, park your vote on me?
Because during N1 I impulsively submitted my votes without looking at the end of day votecount.

I didn't mention it earlier because I was afraid of scum targeting me and town targeting me anyways so I kept quiet when I shouldn't have.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 05, 2024, 05:43:53 pm »

Toony - It is understandable that they trust Webadict so much due to their role
How much weight do you give this?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 05, 2024, 05:44:26 pm »

... Sorry Max. That might have been more useful during the wishbone discussion. I just don't trust you.

To be clear, because this could matter a lot.  Your case on Max is based on distrust, yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 05, 2024, 05:44:53 pm »

The curse is also contagious(causes the player you targeted to have that effect) and causes the ability to become a one-shot and I feel this should be mentioned when setting up your bazaar
Um, if that's true, I'm not aware of it. I'm also not targeting any player tonight anyway.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 05, 2024, 05:48:34 pm »

It wasn't useful at any point. It just informed my own suspicion, which I justified on its own, successfully, without needing to muddy the waters by implicating CM, whom I thought was (and continue to think is) town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 05, 2024, 05:51:12 pm »

To be clear, because this could matter a lot.  Your case on Max is based on distrust, yes?
Pretty much. I've narrowed down the players into town/not mafia, and the rest. Crystal, you, NJW, and me. Toony is still suspisous, but eh. At the end of the day, if I can't trust someone to actually give information during discussion.

I still don't trust Jack, but you have to realize how many are tired of this day. The only info I can collect is from the flip, I have no more night actions. Therefore I can only use the lynch to gather information outside discussion. And honestly, this bazaar business sounds like a reason to keep them around, but roles aren't alignment indicative. And at the end of the day, I beleive it's either Jack or Max.

Honestly Crystal isn't going to get implicated as mafia at this point.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 05, 2024, 05:52:42 pm »

Do you know if your action you used does or could affect every ability Max has?

Please ask nqt if you have any uncertainty about this and share if you are willing.  At very least, you should know.

If this affects everything that Max does, it's interesting to know he doesn't tell us - but

It also may not apply to the one ability that Max was discussing offering to use, either because it's not on that, or because given the broad range of Max's change sphere ability, it doesn't apply because of targeting - only you can tell us that (and Max).  I figure Max is doing Max's job, and if he's about to curse/limit whomever he alters and chose not to tell us, that's interesting.  But who has kill sphere and how are they using it?  Currently the admits are Tric, who says he can't use it at all or anything right now, so turning his power into a usable 1-shot... it already was a one shot.  And it's used up.  So no new harm to Tric, and I think Tric shared this without Max exploring much.

The other is EJ, who is actually talking about choosing to use the kill despite the Page, course the Page-holder is talking about waffles.

But a limit on EJ, that Max didn't tell us ahead of time; I have zero problem with this.  This is completely acceptable, and to my read you 'allowed' Max the chance to share or not, and then decided to share.  Completely reasonable NAI play for you both.

Max also, when I looked into kill sphere on the item told us 'hey, I won't be affecting items'.  Which is a polite way to tell me without telling me he's also not cursing me, even if he is the others.  I could figure it out later - and/or, the curse's on a different ability, and who knows if Max can/will use it instead/too.  What I care about is how pro-town is the outcome of whatever happens.

So I'm not very excited or concerned or even changing my stance on anyone's townieness yet over this, though I note professional, reasonable, subtle play.  If Max is town, I cannot tell you how much I want him alive.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 05, 2024, 05:53:14 pm »

To Imp, we can either have 5 more pages of you and I talking, or we can move on to N2 and D3. Which sounds better to you?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 05, 2024, 05:54:41 pm »

Honestly Crystal isn't going to get implicated as mafia at this point.

It's not about Crystal.

it's about tomorrow, if you and I are alive and Max flipped pro-town.  And I have scum on the table and a case and you have 'distrust' so you don't vote my case.

I don't give a fig for your 'distrust'.  Though I'll be grateful if you kill scum.  But if you don't, you risk town very, very, very badly.

I want your case.  It also helps if Max's not mafia anti-town.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 05, 2024, 05:56:14 pm »

It wasn't useful at any point. It just informed my own suspicion, which I justified on its own, successfully, without needing to muddy the waters by implicating CM, whom I thought was (and continue to think is) town.

it is at least weakly pro town (to very) to allow another player to hide information they chose to hide, if you think the player is town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 05, 2024, 06:02:10 pm »

Crystal, can you explain what your ability does a little more thoroughly? Because I didn't get told anything you think I was, except that the ability I had that was already one-shot before it would transform into something new now had the Limitation sphere. Which doesn't even stick around after it transforms.

In particular, should it have passed on to the player I targeted that night? Because if so, that's reason to be suspicious of Fallacy, which would be kind of a big deal overturning my understanding of the game.

As of right now, I don't have any abilities that target a player, so, otherwise, there's no way for me to pass any curse on. My "bazaar" offer targets a blue sphere. I do not believe that this constitutes targeting players who have that sphere, either, based on what NQT has told me. So your mistrust is based on bad assumptions.

it is at least weakly pro town (to very) to allow another player to hide information they chose to hide, if you think the player is town.
Exactly my thinking. It didn't hurt me and doesn't impact anything as far as I could see, so it's not for me to share.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 153