Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59135 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1215 on: February 02, 2024, 12:08:18 pm »

I usually get 6 hours of sleep and two dawndreaming. Not a difficult request to fulfill.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 02, 2024, 12:10:55 pm »

I need to ask the GM something

Cool beans.  I leave this choice fully in your hands.  I have already asked the GM everything I can about me and the Page.  Reconfirming for the many-th time, if you think you can handle that Page, it belongs in your hands.  If you think it can't - I think it belongs in mine.  I am 100% certain I can do pro-town things with that item, and I will survive doing so.  However, it will not function as expected, I directly and strongly state that.  If you give it to me, I cannot promise any control over kills, and lean towards promising I cannot control the kills with it, and have nothing else to say about it except:

Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page

If you choose to take that offer, great.  I will take that as having no bearing on your alignment or anything else of note; you simply learned or decided that was the best answer.  I know my having that item is a good answer. But I cannot know if your options are better than mine, and I fully support your claims of what you think you can do with the item.  I recommend, since you now see the item, and you see all the rest of your role, ask up to 1 million questions.  Get the answers you need.  nqt has been endlessly patient with my questions, and when I ask what I know I get really great answers.

I don't need to know more about that Page to know I can do pro-town with it, no matter what else - and that your claim about how you thought it would work in your hands is better for town (if true) than what I can do.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 02, 2024, 12:11:36 pm »

EBWOP:

If you choose to take that offer, great.  I will take that as having no bearing on your alignment or anything else of note; you simply learned or decided that was the best answer.  I know my having that item is a good answer. But I cannot know if your options are better than mine, and I fully support your claims of what you think you can do with the item.  I recommend, since you now see the item, and you see all the rest of your role, ask up to 1 million questions.  Get the answers you need.  nqt has been endlessly patient with my questions, and when I ask what I know I get really great answers.

I don't need to know more about that Page to know I can do pro-town with it, no matter what else - and that your claim about how you thought it would work in your hands is better for town (if true) than what I can do.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1218 on: February 02, 2024, 12:12:39 pm »

"Poor fruit vendor. How many more deaths is it going to take...?"

"Depends... how many more daggers do we have..."

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade - [2] Crystalizedmire, Euchrejack
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [1] NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Toonyman - [1] TricMagic
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: Elephant Parade

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 6th February 10pm GMT.

Current Trades:

Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page

Reminder: Trades can be overriden by newer trades, but not rescinded.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 02, 2024, 12:27:09 pm »

For whatever it's worth:

Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Yellow Chaos Emerald

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 02, 2024, 12:36:29 pm »

@NJW: I'm in a private chat with someone, as that is my ability. That should explain why I am saying and doing at least a few weird things. Or at least different than Day 1.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 02, 2024, 12:48:27 pm »

EBWOP:

Pretty sure that was mine Imp.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 02, 2024, 12:57:48 pm »

Pretty sure that was mine Imp.

I do apologize.  I wasn't sure how and if I was going to use it, and there are other things I can do with it too.  If NJW decides that his not holding the Page is the better answer for him or for town, then my having it is the correct answer for town - or people have hidden info.  I have a 'good' pro-town use for it.  And this is my current best use for that emerald too.

I hate using folks, even in service to town.  If the game goes on long enough and I am not outright prevented I'll make sure you can do neat stuff, I am very strongly convinced you're either town or SK, and I am comfortable working with you within limits as either.

The problem is, I can only do so much, so fast, and there's a lot of variables.

Screwing you over isn't one of my goals, even in the service of town.  However, I owe you, and I will repay as I can and is within the town wincon.

I can't do that right now, as in mid-D2.  But having you, as you claim, actionless - isn't ideal in my eyes, and I trust you to be town or SK, and if SK, playing reasonably towards a town win.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 02, 2024, 01:16:35 pm »

You stole two items?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 02, 2024, 01:21:05 pm »

Tric, strategize with me, both from a town viewpoint and a SK one, theoretically yours.  Also, I think you're town, but I could be wrong.  But I want both viewpoints and think you can give them easy.

But hypothetically, let's say I can both refill your oneshot, and confirm that I refilled yours and not someone elses... or confirm that I refilled someone else's not yours.  But I can be sure that those two are linked, so I know if I fail that.

Let's say we 9 today lynch someone, and regardless of if they're scum or not - game isn't over.

Let's say the Page is kept by NJW and no kill happens N2.

There's 8 of us alive D3 in this hypothetical.

Discuss for me the impact of you having your double elim on D3, if you are town, and if you are SK.  Let's make it easy for you - I claim I know I refilled your double elim, that I mod confirmed I linked two things; both happened so I know it was you I refilled.  If I know I refilled someone else, I wouldn't even mention it to you - you wouldn't know (as far as I know) if I tried and failed or did something else.  But let's say you have the refill, and I say you have the refill, so there's no secrets between you and I.  (If I say you have it and you don't, that's another story, you discuss that if you choose).

I need to know how likely pro-town that is, for a D3 8 alive scenario (but it could be fewer, I have to decide before I know if anyone dies N2).

Please tell me some flavor of 'that's not pro-town to discuss' or discuss.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 02, 2024, 01:22:59 pm »

You stole two items?

I support Tric's claim that he lost those two items last night.  I confirm my trade offer is real, as in, if someone who has that Page offers it for the item I offer, it will happen.  I don't believe it is pro-town for me to confirm anything else at this time, including exactly what you asked or any variants of it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 02, 2024, 01:28:13 pm »

Eh, was mostly to point that out, not too bothered by it. You might have a second wincon based upon collecting those items, but eh.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 02, 2024, 01:32:17 pm »

Eh, was mostly to point that out, not too bothered by it. You might have a second wincon based upon collecting those items, but eh.

Understood.  I do not have a second wincon.  I can use the items I have stated I can use in a pro-town way, in a pro-town way.  Toons claims there is 1 person with a second wincon sphere.

My thoughts on the second wincon sphere, waste of a blue sphere given I can only choose 3, and there's 3 I want more.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 02, 2024, 01:33:24 pm »

Can't even steal items in peace.

Anyways I claim to be a double actor but double acting applies a flaw to my actions for that night.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 02, 2024, 01:37:43 pm »

Can't even steal items in peace.

Anyways I claim to be a double actor but double acting applies a flaw to my actions for that night.

Cool.  Totally believable; conditions met, we see web's flip, he could have done I believe up to 15 things a night:

1x of the 7 'previous' abilities (he might be limited to what he actually had, not just got the emerald for, so if he got 2 emerald at once, he might 'skip' being able to use the first emerald gained ability when he has 7, because he never actually 'had' the ability unlock)

1x nightkill on one of the 7 'previous' abilities.

up to 7x emerald steal... if all 7 targets of abilities happened to have 1+ emeralds.

I'm not surprised someone else can do 2+ actions a night, with or without penalties.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 153