Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59095 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #780 on: January 31, 2024, 05:58:16 pm »

When is End of Day? Specifically, how many more hours/minutes do we have from the Eurotrasher Mod's viewpoint.
Many of us Godly Americans have no idea otherwise when the day ends.totally not due to our defective educational system

More than 10 hours, maybe closer to 12.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 31, 2024, 06:01:09 pm »

When is End of Day?

actually really close to 12 hours from now.  Really sure it's 6 AM EST.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 31, 2024, 06:04:10 pm »

@Crystal: You should probably pick one person and try to get votes for that person. Flipping around nilly-willy doesn't help much.

Also
Also, we secretly talk about you when you're not here, and it's really funny.

Can we shrink the field from 5 to 4?

Euchre, would you mind swapping?  Fallacy, you too?  I don't really care to which of the other four, but I don't think it's Quarque, especially with a semi-confirmable Night action.
I dunno. People tend to Unvote whomever I vote. Fallacy is the exception to that, so maybe Fallacy should be the one to move their vote?
But I'll expicitly sheep you, if that helps.
Ultimate Sheep Mode Activate! Vote Crystalizedmire.
Probably solid, since Max is unlikely to give in to peer pressure, and is explicitly too lazy to change his votes sometimes.
I am reasonably sure if I say anything else, it will disrupt the vote matrix.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 31, 2024, 06:05:12 pm »

When is End of Day?

actually really close to 12 hours from now.  Really sure it's 6 AM EST.
I should do that thing where I say I won't be around at End-of-Day, then post at 5:45am because I woke up thinking about the game, then get voted out because "I lied".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 31, 2024, 06:09:30 pm »

I feel like I should change my vote, how about to...

nah, I'm kidding, but Jack, that is literally the towniest you have been all Day. I'm still detaching Fallacy from you so we can kill you though.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 31, 2024, 06:10:30 pm »

Both. It was a statement to you, and a statement towards others.
Ask a specific question, get a specific answer.
Insomuch as it was directed at me, who did you mean?
It would help if you quoted more, so I understood where this small snippet fit into my train of thought almost a day ago.
Frankly, I would ignore this rather pointless line of inquiry, except you get very very very anxious when anyone ignores even the tiniest nitpick that you make.
So I will go back, myself, and research the crap out of this issue. The point, as I recall, was to imply that you were being stupid, and maybe others were being stupid, in your analysis of me, by making a comparison to another error in judgment.  I was trying to inspire thought. It clearly failed, and I am frankly sorry to have ever even addressed you in any way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 31, 2024, 06:11:44 pm »

I feel like I should change my vote, how about to...

nah, I'm kidding, but Jack, that is literally the towniest you have been all Day. I'm still detaching Fallacy from you so we can kill you though.
No objection from me. Well, maybe a minor objection to the "killing me" part, but the rest is solid.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 31, 2024, 06:13:10 pm »

Anyway, Imp, you've got to understand that I have implicit trust for Toony so far this game. If he says he can work with webadict, I just don't think we should get rid of webadict yet. There will be more time.

Hey, what you do is totally on you.

Can you help me understand why trust of Toony - that's fine, I don't mind you thinking toony town or just that you trust him...

And that Toony can work with webadict... means we shouldn't get rid of webadict?

Powers that can help scum or town are potentially implicitly in the game for anyone.  Especially if they picked certain spheres - but can happen for other reasons too.

Cause, I really don't think web's town.  And I am not sure about you.  I get that you moved to web because at that time, it was you and CM, and it could stay that way pretty easy - way more are interested in you going out than web going out, which I totally don't get.

But if we were 30 seconds to end of day and the current board was it, if nobody else moved, I would.  Because I am facing a choice of a sof lynch alone, or a choice of a sofAND or a sofOR second person.

I can't make that other be web as is.

But I could make it be sof and/or any of CM, Qua, or you, again presuming this is it right before day end and nobody else does anything, super unlikely.

Honestly, your reasoning here, 'Toony can work with web, so let web stick around' sounds like garbage to me.  Anyone can work with anyone, especially in this game.

I presume it's 'better web than me, but better not web either'.  But a non-garbage reason works really well with me.

What are your cases again?  Did you do a reads list yet, MS?  I keep missing it.  And I really don't know what I'd choose if I had to choose between those three joining the and/or sof pool, or just taking the sure sof pool, yeah.  Dunno yet.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 31, 2024, 06:14:02 pm »

No objection from me. Well, maybe a minor objection to the "killing me" part, but the rest is solid.
I'm not saying we have to do it, but I want the option.

By the way, just learn your own timezone offset - for example, EST is GMT minus 5 - then remember to account for daylight time - eg, in summer, which this is not, EDT is GMT minus 4 instead.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #789 on: January 31, 2024, 06:16:31 pm »

I will also add that Max generally hates playing the day game on Day 1 as town. He only truly relishes it as mafia.  Which tends to give Max away a lot. Max just isn't his obtuse annoying Day 1 town self.
This isn't the usual Day 1, IMO. We skipped RVS entirely, for one thing.
Oh, this isn't the usual Day 1, hm? Does that mean, I dunno, that other things could be different? Hm?
And if Max's meta read is invalid, could perhaps the meta read of some other person or people also be invalid? Hm?
But Max has been in other games that mostly dispenses with RVS, so it doesn't change my opinion. I assume that was your reason for bring it up, hm?
The point of this post, that Elephant Parade seems to think is very very very important, even though it's really not, was to say:
If I was wrong about Max, in your eyes, perhaps you should also see your assessment of me as scummy as also wrong.
Or: If the game is different, and you are able to see Max as Town because the game is different, then why the hell don't you give me the same benefit of the doubt?
It was an incredibly flippant post that EP seems to be spending way too much time analyzing. What a waste. Eh, the slow elephant takes a few days to warm up...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 31, 2024, 06:19:19 pm »

It would help if you quoted more, so I understood where this small snippet fit into my train of thought almost a day ago.
Frankly, I would ignore this rather pointless line of inquiry, except you get very very very anxious when anyone ignores even the tiniest nitpick that you make.
So I will go back, myself, and research the crap out of this issue. The point, as I recall, was to imply that you were being stupid, and maybe others were being stupid, in your analysis of me, by making a comparison to another error in judgment.  I was trying to inspire thought. It clearly failed, and I am frankly sorry to have ever even addressed you in any way.
But I hadn't analyzed you. Unless I forgot something and missed something when going back through my posts, my only mention was my reads list, where I had you as MIA ("WHERE YOU AT"). That's why I was so baffled.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 31, 2024, 06:19:36 pm »

I'm not saying we have to do it, but I want the option.

By the way, just learn your own timezone offset - for example, EST is GMT minus 5 - then remember to account for daylight time - eg, in summer, which this is not, EDT is GMT minus 4 instead.
This is why you're smart idiot.
You can figure out that time zone stuff, probably in your head.
You can't figure out that the 1-hour discrepancy due to daylight savings time not always being factored correctly could be fatal in a fast-paced game.
Hence, why every good mod should say how much time remains for them. So no errors occur, either in the calculations of the mod, the user, or the forum itself.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 31, 2024, 06:20:28 pm »

Do you have a better explanation? What are your reads?
Yes; however, it is an out-of-the-game matter.

My reads haven't changed much, but that's because I feel that most of what everyone's been yapperin' about the past 24 hours wasn't very consequential in the grand scheme of things, though a possible cause of that is my prolonged absence, meaning I need to get back into the action now.  I have caught onto a few things from scanning the thread, however!  On the first days of the games in which Max happens to be scum, he usually tries some mind-tampering nonsense and doesn't play, well, like normal.  I've observed less of that here.  Imp is hard to analyze due to (keep in mind, this may just be me) their specific style of writing, which makes it inherently hard to parse the player's intentions based on mannerisms on a meta level.  This was the main reason behind my request to summarize the discourse during my leave; a shame to see it fall flat.  EP, you seem town to me--the most town, in fact.  I also do not suspect Crystal, but that could easily be because I have not properly dissected the arguments for and against the lynching in my head.  Tric, I believe, is not to be trusted under any circumstances, regardless of alignment, for reasons stated earlier; all we know about this player is that lynching a townie is in their interest.  web is a third party + Fallacy together with Jack are the mafia team.  I'm pretty confident I have the puzzle figured out, and I stand by my past opinions. :)
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 31, 2024, 06:21:15 pm »

I m very annoyed at my reading of things.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 31, 2024, 06:21:29 pm »

But I hadn't analyzed you. Unless I forgot something and missed something when going back through my posts, my only mention was my reads list, where I had you as MIA ("WHERE YOU AT"). That's why I was so baffled.
Sorry dude, you're great and wonderful and swell. Can we stop talking now?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 153