Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58058 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #750 on: January 31, 2024, 04:49:12 pm »

@Max:  I have a couple ways to play my role, but the two are "Focus on one emerald and don't pick up more" or "Pick them all up"

I just get a bonus for doing the later, but I don't see it being possible.  I asked NQT about Emeralds on dead players, and they are likely stuck there unless someone lets me target a dead player, which...

So, getting them all sorta stopped being a possibility if I don't get people to send them to me.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 31, 2024, 04:51:10 pm »

Huh... so it's either 2 or three.

Looks like a perfectly timed lie to me, but maybe I'm biased because of the other scumtells I'm seeing.
Not even sure it matters, when mafia can simply nightkill one of them.

One final question for the day Toony, I vaguely recall NJW saying that this cursed item lost its effect now that you no longer own it. Is that correct? NJW?
It no longer effects Toony and has a delayed effect for me, so I only draw a kill N2. According to Toony.

You know what? I like the Maximum Spin votes, and how they probably won't overwhelm but could easily equal the CM votes. I like the idea of killing the obvious target and the person that started the wagon on the obvious target.
I forgot I wanted to respond to this.

I'm down to be your sacrifice if you want, but that was Elephant Parade, lol.

That's true... though I'd say EP is less responsible for eliminating CM than you or Web, as Elephant would sincerely do it simply because they're sheeping.

Imp... is making strong points, so I'm starting to think town. Obviously it doesn't always work that way.

Not much time right now, but will have more towards the very end of day. Thinking the CM elim might be more sensible, after the self-vote...

CrystalizedMire: what were you thinking when you voted yourself - was it out of annoyance, or strategy?
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 31, 2024, 04:54:43 pm »

Also, for the sofa smokescreen, in a way, we weren't entirely sure if it showed sofa, but we also didn't think too much about it because sofa brought it up last minute to use it.

However, sofa considered it a possibility they would show up, and part of it was my pressure to do it, buuuut, I still think sofa can be bold like that, especially if someone told them to.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 31, 2024, 04:57:20 pm »

CrystalizedMire: what were you thinking when you voted yourself - was it out of annoyance, or strategy?
I was hoping that self voting would tell me how many scum are on my wagon. If there weren't many then there shouldn't be many hopping onto my elimination wagon. I don't consider myself a particularly useful role either so I don't think town has anything to lose from my lynch.
Also, for the sofa smokescreen, in a way, we weren't entirely sure if it showed sofa, but we also didn't think too much about it because sofa brought it up last minute to use it.

However, sofa considered it a possibility they would show up, and part of it was my pressure to do it, buuuut, I still think sofa can be bold like that, especially if someone told them to.
Can you explain why sofanthiel is acting audacious in this game? My theory is that they're serial killer or other third party.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 31, 2024, 04:59:41 pm »

OK I'm bored of waiting and I'm not sure it matters anyway. Sofanthiel, I don't like that you were active at the start when you were screwing around, continued to be active while you were defending yourself from an active wagon, and quieted right down after people moved on to other targets. I think that's a scummy activity pattern: active when it provides little information or keeps you alive, quiet otherwise. Do you have a better explanation? What are your reads?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 31, 2024, 05:01:06 pm »

(I was waiting because I wanted to see if he started engaging more without prompting/wagoning, but with a developing wagon on him that's out the window.)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 31, 2024, 05:02:26 pm »

Actually, this could explain web's extraordinarily self-centred read attitude here, too. If he really believes that his gems are the key to an optimal town win, he'd act like this, I think.

And what about his scumhunting?

His gems are so key to a town win, that his play is fine for that town win?

... am I really supposed to believe you believe this?  I'll bite, but you already commented on his scumhunting, so please, would you comment further?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 31, 2024, 05:05:41 pm »

Imp, I play however I want.  Where did I hear that before?  Damn, not sure, Imp will find it when I tell them, though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 31, 2024, 05:07:00 pm »

Also, we secretly talk about you when you're not here, and it's really funny.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 31, 2024, 05:07:34 pm »

Web paranoia doesn't make sense to me, maybe because I have information that other players don't.

Still interested in this.  Is your info NAI or 'web good?'  Your earlier answer made me think NAI.
My role makes less sense to me if Web isn't town. It's not exactly solid proof though.

I'm not very useful besides providing players information.

That seems kind of messed up if my information isn't helping town.

There's other things I can learn. Web is the only one that has publicly come out though so that's who I am referring to.

It's D1.

Web has publicly strongly claimed that he can use a type of info from you.

I've not stated why, but told you that your information is very helpful.  Course, if you don't read my posts, how do I tell you anything?

Please don't presume that web is your reason for existence.  Do you really need to know who and how to help with information D1?

You're looking for someone who didn't say 'me'.  That doesn't mean they don't exist.  Nothing I know about what you've said means you're lookin' to help web with his emeralds.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 31, 2024, 05:09:38 pm »

And what about his scumhunting?

His gems are so key to a town win, that his play is fine for that town win?

... am I really supposed to believe you believe this?  I'll bite, but you already commented on his scumhunting, so please, would you comment further?
I mean... yes? Look, web is pretty full of himself. I don't think anyone is going to pretend that's not the case. What did he clearly state at the beginning of the game? He has gems, him getting the gems is good for town, anyone else trying to keep him from getting the gems is scum. That's his premise from which he's operating because he only knows his own role so, in his head, he's the one who has to do all the work and save town.

I'm certainly not accusing him of great play, but I think this makes sense from his perspective. You asking me to think about this is only having the opposite of the effect you wanted.

I think I switch back to CrystalizedMire here, because I think it's almost certain that pair of lynches with sofanthiel hits at least one scum, and very possibly two.

Okay, so Imp wants to eat all the writer artefacts, that doesn't surprise me. I'm still curious if the Wishbone has something to do with it or is just a funny coincidence, though.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #761 on: January 31, 2024, 05:16:46 pm »

Tick, tick, tock... the electors started filling out their final ballots. One of their number would not be returning tomorrow. Possibly two...

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [2] webadict, Maximum Spin
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [2] FallacyofUrist, Euchrejack
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [3] TricMagic, Toonyman, Elephant Parade,
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- Webadict - [2] Imp, Crystalizedmire
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: Sofanthiel

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 12.5 hours.

Trades

Well constructed trade offers:

TricMagic: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Webadict: Trade Green Chaos Emerald for an Apple.
Quarque: Trade an apple for a green emerald.
NJW2000: Trade Wishbone for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Toonyman: Trade Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page for Wishbone

I'm going to bed now. I'll be back at day's end, where some of you may be asleep and some of you may be eliminated!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 31, 2024, 05:17:38 pm »

Anyway, Imp, you've got to understand that I have implicit trust for Toony so far this game. If he says he can work with webadict, I just don't think we should get rid of webadict yet. There will be more time.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 31, 2024, 05:20:52 pm »

Only 3 can be Lynched. 2 Minimum will be lynched.

What's the circumstance where 3 would be lynched, could you spell it out for us exactly?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 31, 2024, 05:21:19 pm »

Can we shrink the field from 5 to 4?

Euchre, would you mind swapping?  Fallacy, you too?  I don't really care to which of the other four, but I don't think it's Quarque, especially with a semi-confirmable Night action.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 153