Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59132 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #765 on: January 31, 2024, 05:21:57 pm »

Only 3 can be Lynched. 2 Minimum will be lynched.

What's the circumstance where 3 would be lynched, could you spell it out for us exactly?
TricMagic literally stated in the same exact post you quoted.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 31, 2024, 05:24:21 pm »

There's other things I can learn. Web is the only one that has publicly come out though so that's who I am referring to.

I recommend tonight you do what you think will help town the most, in terms of which information you track, and/or hurt anti-town the most.

If you have no idea what that is, go for what you think will give you the most information total, especially about things either you think you know nothing about and that might be important, or track stuff similar to what you already know for sure if you can't pick any other likely path.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 31, 2024, 05:24:47 pm »

Then I don't understand it.  Can you state exactly the circumstance that gets 3 lynched?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 31, 2024, 05:27:14 pm »

In case of ties for the secondary lynch, 2 die, not 1. Not counting the original lynch that already kills one. Logic helps.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #769 on: January 31, 2024, 05:28:29 pm »

The ordinary rules for a tie: nobody dies.

Today, as indicated by the votecount, there is the possibility of a second elimination. If the top vote is tied, two players may die. If it's tied 3+ ways, two players will die. How that is resolved may depend on abilities that are not public knowledge, or otherwise it could be randomly assigned. As has been apparent in the counts, if the top vote is not a tie but the secondmost vote is a tie, then only that top player will die.

(My apologies if I unintentionally veered into bastardry in how the vote count was displayed, or through flavour: as a mod in the game you should expect not to receive misinformation in public-facing information, and vote mechanics are usually public-facing.)

As I read this, there's a way for 1 or 2 to die, and no way for 3 to die.

If we have 1 first place and 1 second place, Tric but not nqt has said both die.

If first place is a tie, there's abilities that may matter, and it's possible that 1 or 2 of those first place players will die.  However, if 3 players are tied for first place, 2 of them will die.

If the 1st place is 1 player, but second place is tied, then only 1st place player dies.

So, what's the circumstance that gets 3 eliminated?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 31, 2024, 05:29:22 pm »

Then I don't understand it.  Can you state exactly the circumstance that gets 3 lynched?
Imagine people are ranked based on how many votes they get. Normally only one person is lynched and they are the person that ranked number one. However, TricMagic makes it so that the second place player is also lynched. But if the second place player is tied with the third player then both are lynched including the number one player. If there are more player tied with second place then two of them are randomly selected to be lynched including the first player.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 31, 2024, 05:30:09 pm »

As a question, is there the possibility of shortening the day? Would need 7 but we could more easily lock in votes.

Not a huge issue, but I'm not gonna be around at end of day.

Imp, I'm not talking to you anymore. If you want, search my recent posts via my profile. Should be easy to find.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 31, 2024, 05:31:45 pm »

But if the second place player is tied with the third player then both are lynched including the number one player. If there are more player tied with second place then two of them are randomly selected to be lynched including the first player.

But, CM, doesn't NQT say the opposite?

if the top vote is not a tie but the secondmost vote is a tie, then only that top player will die.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 31, 2024, 05:33:21 pm »

Imp, I'm not talking to you anymore. If you want, search my recent posts via my profile. Should be easy to find.

Okay.  My confusion is I think I see information that is unclear or contradicting.  Sadly, rereading doesn't seem to fix that for me at this time.  Have fun with whatever.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 31, 2024, 05:34:18 pm »

But if the second place player is tied with the third player then both are lynched including the number one player. If there are more player tied with second place then two of them are randomly selected to be lynched including the first player.

But, CM, doesn't NQT say the opposite?

if the top vote is not a tie but the secondmost vote is a tie, then only that top player will die.
You're right, it is suspicious. Unfortunately we do not know if it is because Tricmagic chose suspiciosu or is lying
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 31, 2024, 05:35:02 pm »

Cool, me, Sofa, Crystal, let's run this train.  Anyway, when I flip Town, throw Imp up here, please and thank you.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 31, 2024, 05:40:08 pm »

NQT:  Are you willing to correct any errors in my understanding of what the D1 elim based on votes would look like in these cases?

1st, 2nd, 3rd place have one player in them: I expect only 1st and 2nd players are elim.

1st place has 2 players in it, 2nd place has 1: I expect only 1 or 2 of the 1st place players to be elim.

1st place has 3+ players in it, 2nd place has 1:  I expect only 2 of the 1st place players to be elim.

1st place has 1 player in it, 2nd place has 2+:  I expect only the 1st place player to be elim.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 31, 2024, 05:44:29 pm »

Yes that looks correct to me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 31, 2024, 05:46:15 pm »

You're right, it is suspicious. Unfortunately we do not know if it is because Tricmagic chose suspiciosu or is lying

no.  I'm not saying it is suspicious.  I'm saying it's wrong.  Now, that can be for any reason, including he misunderstood and didn't see any reason to think he misunderstood.  But I do not understand how there can be 3 elims.

3 deaths, if EJ is one of the elims and FoU is not, but that's the only way I know of.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 31, 2024, 05:57:06 pm »

When is End of Day? Specifically, how many more hours/minutes do we have from the Eurotrasher Mod's viewpoint.
Many of us Godly Americans have no idea otherwise when the day ends.totally not due to our defective educational system
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 153