Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58917 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #795 on: January 31, 2024, 06:22:20 pm »

I m very annoyed at my reading of things.
Do stupid things, get stupid prizes. It was your ability that triggered this Day 1...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 31, 2024, 06:22:32 pm »

K, so second place ties mean neither die. Can I get a votecount NQT?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 31, 2024, 06:23:37 pm »

Sorry dude, you're great and wonderful and swell. Can we stop talking now?
Sure. But for the record, man: you implied I did A. I was nearly certain I did not do A. I am not some kind of horrible fiend for seeing the contradiction there and asking you to resolve it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 31, 2024, 06:23:49 pm »

[passim]
I'm eating, so I'm not going to write the long post you probably want. I hate using my keyboard while I'm eating.

But to put it simply, it's about priority. I want to see where the Toony/web interaction goes. I want to see where Quarque's kill block thing goes. Others want to see where my offer to cure Fallacy goes (and so do I, for that matter). So counting EuchreJack for the last one, that's seven people I don't want to lynch yet, given that there are plenty of choices. Well, I'm counting myself for the last one and I don't think I'll want to lynch myself ever, but all the rest are things I'm open to changing (but I will probably not change my mind on ToonyMan barring something unexpected). I also kind of don't want to lynch NJW2000 or TricMagic so we can see where their own claims go, too - and these are all separate from actual read factors, which I also have for many of these people. There are enough players that I can focus on the ones I both suspect and have no particular reason to want to keep around - otherwise I'd probably still be going for EuchreJack, although I admit his recent posts might change my mind, but luckily I don't have to actually think about that yet.

So I'm giving web a chance. If Tomorrow he shows me that his emerald focus helped town after all, that's great. Otherwise, I'll reconsider.

Oh my god, eight new posts, I'm going to hit post and then regroup. Now it's nine. One more try...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 31, 2024, 06:24:09 pm »

I don't think EP is ever a good D1 execute, and even if they're scum, they've provided good insight.  There's really only a couple of iffy posts that I remember, but I like them here.

Do you have a better explanation? What are your reads?
Yes; however, it is an out-of-the-game matter.

My reads haven't changed much, but that's because I feel that most of what everyone's been yapperin' about the past 24 hours wasn't very consequential in the grand scheme of things, though a possible cause of that is my prolonged absence, meaning I need to get back into the action now.  I have caught onto a few things from scanning the thread, however!  On the first days of the games in which Max happens to be scum, he usually tries some mind-tampering nonsense and doesn't play, well, like normal.  I've observed less of that here.  Imp is hard to analyze due to (keep in mind, this may just be me) their specific style of writing, which makes it inherently hard to parse the player's intentions based on mannerisms on a meta level.  This was the main reason behind my request to summarize the discourse during my leave; a shame to see it fall flat.  EP, you seem town to me--the most town, in fact.  I also do not suspect Crystal, but that could easily be because I have not properly dissected the arguments for and against the lynching in my head.  Tric, I believe, is not to be trusted under any circumstances, regardless of alignment, for reasons stated earlier; all we know about this player is that lynching a townie is in their interest.  web is a third party + Fallacy together with Jack are the mafia team.  I'm pretty confident I have the puzzle figured out, and I stand by my past opinions. :)
I sure am, champ.  I guess we'll just have to execute you, me, and Crystal!

K, so second place ties mean neither die. Can I get a votecount NQT?
lol, okay, never mind.

Fucking five ninjas.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 31, 2024, 06:24:45 pm »

Sure. But for the record, man: you implied I did A. I was nearly certain I did not do A. I am not some kind of horrible fiend for seeing the contradiction there and asking you to resolve it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 31, 2024, 06:25:25 pm »

This is why you're smart idiot.
You can figure out that time zone stuff, probably in your head.
You can't figure out that the 1-hour discrepancy due to daylight savings time not always being factored correctly could be fatal in a fast-paced game.
Hence, why every good mod should say how much time remains for them. So no errors occur, either in the calculations of the mod, the user, or the forum itself.
You presume too much. I am completely aware of what you think I "can't figure out", I just don't care if people make mistakes based on their own stupidity.

You're kind of an asshole sometimes, do you know that?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 31, 2024, 06:27:06 pm »

Yo, Euchre, I don't wanna yank the chain, but let's cool our jets.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 31, 2024, 06:29:37 pm »

EP is extremely town here and we should lynch anyone saying otherwise.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 31, 2024, 06:30:58 pm »

I guess we'll just have to execute you, me, and Crystal!
Nope, just you and me, webadict.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 31, 2024, 06:31:32 pm »

Do you have a better explanation? What are your reads?
Yes; however, it is an out-of-the-game matter.

My reads haven't changed much, but that's because I feel that most of what everyone's been yapperin' about the past 24 hours wasn't very consequential in the grand scheme of things, though a possible cause of that is my prolonged absence, meaning I need to get back into the action now.  I have caught onto a few things from scanning the thread, however!  On the first days of the games in which Max happens to be scum, he usually tries some mind-tampering nonsense and doesn't play, well, like normal.  I've observed less of that here.  Imp is hard to analyze due to (keep in mind, this may just be me) their specific style of writing, which makes it inherently hard to parse the player's intentions based on mannerisms on a meta level.  This was the main reason behind my request to summarize the discourse during my leave; a shame to see it fall flat.  EP, you seem town to me--the most town, in fact.  I also do not suspect Crystal, but that could easily be because I have not properly dissected the arguments for and against the lynching in my head.  Tric, I believe, is not to be trusted under any circumstances, regardless of alignment, for reasons stated earlier; all we know about this player is that lynching a townie is in their interest.  web is a third party + Fallacy together with Jack are the mafia team.  I'm pretty confident I have the puzzle figured out, and I stand by my past opinions. :)
Thanks. What about NJW, Quarque, and Toony?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 31, 2024, 06:31:54 pm »

So I'm giving web a chance. If Tomorrow he shows me that his emerald focus helped town after all, that's great. Otherwise, I'll reconsider.
I have offered to let web have my Blue Emerald in exchange for his sharing the Setup Knowledge, should it not greatly imperil Town to do so.
But I don't want to give up my night action to do it, and Web has nothing to trade me Day 1.
So...we're working on it? Setup Knowledge shared with town is good, right?

(I'll ignore the other posts, as per Web. And if anyone wants to call me out on it, I'll let my secretary Web handle it)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 31, 2024, 06:32:56 pm »

I'm just going to go to bed. Will check on phone sometime later, and that will be that..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 31, 2024, 06:33:48 pm »

Hence, why every good mod should say how much time remains for them. So no errors occur, either in the calculations of the mod, the user, or the forum itself.

Does this help?

I note the time the post was made, and the remaining time, though approx, in it, and a set time too.

Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 12.5 hours.[/b]

I'm going to bed now. I'll be back at day's end, where some of you may be asleep and some of you may be eliminated!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 31, 2024, 06:34:45 pm »

Does this help?

I note the time the post was made, and the remaining time, though approx, in it, and a set time too.

Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 12.5 hours.[/b]

I'm going to bed now. I'll be back at day's end, where some of you may be asleep and some of you may be eliminated!
Yes Imp, you were very helpful. I also appreciated your previous posts on this topic. Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 153