Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58340 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2024, 02:24:47 pm »

How can you not be sure?
A myriad of reasons, the main one being that I'm, strictly speaking, not Tric.
Sofanthiel: I understand your excitement but please stop posting so much, the last eight or so haven't been very helpful and they're really clogging up the thread. Maybe have a careful reread, you seem to be seeing third party claims where there are other explanations. If you have further questions, collate them into one post.
Sorrey.  I was experimenting with a mechanic I was confused about, but you're right--there's enough junk on the internet as is.  I can also now envision (and always have been able to a minor extent) Tric submitting something along the lines "KILL TOWN, PROTECT MAFIA" and rolling the very TOWN he KILL! I don't have any new questions per se, but that's purely because web has already refused to answer my past ones.  I definitely see him as the optimal day one lynch, though I'm also in the process of rereading the thread to make sure I didn't miss Quarque saying that he's planning to skin me tonight.
Do you have any ACTUAL day actions?
Can I see your fishing license, pal?  I will confirm the following: I have not killed web yet.
I'm not fishing, I'm trying to figure out WTF you were doing earlier. So I guess I'll ask you straight-up:

Sofanthiel: Why did you make all those colored text posts? Is that what you were referring to in your answer to NJW?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2024, 02:26:46 pm »

I was trying to make Tric kill webadict.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2024, 02:27:46 pm »

Why?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2024, 02:28:42 pm »

The cyan text nonsense reminds me of ominous-and-unhelpful FBYOR D2 Sofanthiel.

The Cyan text was also how players talked to God in Max's last game, not sure if that's meaningful.

Pray is a very odd choice when mixed into a sentence. Why not make it the whole sentence? they also put in Revive, and the aforementioned KILL. Which suggests a lot of confusion and a Jack of All Days type. Likely the last one used will come into effect at the end of the day. Believing Quarque as about to be instantly eliminated, they used Revive as soon as they could in hopes of getting their day action in.

Ninja. Or you beleive I'm a machine that takes orders. But Revive is not really something I can do. QED.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2024, 02:29:56 pm »

Tric seems to have turned the day into a double elimination day. Like, I'm all for that, but preferably on any day other than the very first, where we have the least info?

Just casually throwing a power like that out there makes me think Tric is town. Or SK. If only because if he had a team then he'd be told not to use it, unless his team was particularly insane.

Okay, maybe that's not a giga towntell, then. Still going to reluctantly assign some town cred. Because if you trust nobody in a game like this, you go crazy, so better to trust a little bit, even if you're wrong.

Your last hosted game, Jim used the daykill D1.

Maybe it's better to do stuff later, but I'm not sure it's 'bad' to do this today.  It could be used pro or anti-town.  He probably gained the ability before his alignment was determined, for sure the spheres that allow the ability are NAI.

Tric's also revealed it, and informed about how it works in general.  If we're bothered enough, Tric is potentially one of the two that die today, so SK/NAI ... and Tric's kinda always SK-like, so "Tric" alignment confirmed.

I wonder at your reasoning though.

You say using this is not best for DI, then say using it is a town choice or SK, that a team would tell him not to do so.

If he's mafia/otherwise on a team, the team knows who they don't want dead.  D1 has the most possible 'want dead' targets for that team, and the best chance to guide the elimination to kill two 'not team' people, before anyone on the team has a chance to mess up and get suspected much, or have the person with the double elim maybe die before it gets used.

I also wonder why you picked this to focus on, compared to other things.  I get you're at work.  And double vote is big and noticeable.  Is that the only reason?  I understand you've got limited time to read and type, but any other reason why this to give that limited time to?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2024, 02:31:29 pm »

Tric....take orders....LOL

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2024, 02:34:39 pm »

I guess he could be forced to use an ability, if the other player had an ability that could force that.

I notice that sof's doing this in the thread openly, and very attention-gettingly.

And not doing this to everyone willy-nilly, looking for the right target.  And not doing a bunch of other things.

Why, sof?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2024, 02:35:20 pm »

Daytime > Limitation > Self-Preservation >...

More likely

Daytime > Limitation > Self-Preservation > Suspicious > Kill > Blowback > Necromancy

I don't see Necromancy unless you've taken Kill > Blowback too. But the most likely is the above. Am I correct?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2024, 02:38:12 pm »

I guess he could be forced to use an ability, if the other player had an ability that could force that.

I notice that sof's doing this in the thread openly, and very attention-gettingly.

And not doing this to everyone willy-nilly, looking for the right target.  And not doing a bunch of other things.

Why, sof?
An alternative is Convolution, Flux, Cascade. Which means removing them before their brainwashing starts up in full. Their ability spreads over time, or a single player has to activate the abilities themselves, Sof just inputs the commands.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2024, 02:39:19 pm »

In the latter case, it might be Mafia-ally? Someone providing additional actions to folks. But that's a bit much. Why go crazy over Quarque's instant elimination though?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2024, 02:40:54 pm »

Why?
1. I believe adict poses the most significant threat to town as of right now.
2. There is a somewhat amusing meta reason that will be revealed at a later day/after the game's end.
Or you beleive I'm a machine that takes orders. But Revive is not really something I can do.
Maybe, just maybe, anything is possible with the right combination of characters and colors!... Who knows?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2024, 02:44:13 pm »

Why?

Why?

I notice, though I'm still scanning and playing catch-up, that web seems more like the web in Max's last game (so dangerous anti-town) than the web in FoU's last game (super useful town).

What are you going by to believe this?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2024, 02:47:21 pm »

Why?
2. There is a somewhat amusing meta reason that will be revealed at a later day/after the game's end.
OK, but "right now" is like six hours into D1. Hector hasn't even posted yet. You might think someone entirely different is the biggest threat in twelve hours! So it's a little early to bring out the daykills, no?

I know Jim did something similar last game, but that was because someone claimed Serial Killer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2024, 02:51:02 pm »

I think my gem is a little different, but I have only been skimming the thread.
The gems specifically don't have their Spheres on them for other people, but Blue, Purple, and White are the ones that will probably be the most useful, with Blue being Setup Knowledge and the other two being a combination of Protection and... Don't worry about it.

Also, Tric, I don't want ToonyMan executed, specifically because he can confirm my Actions and find Emeralds, plus his existence makes sense to me.  I can keep reseting Quarque, which might allow us to get a couple of free executions.

@sofa:  I didn't answer your questions because if you were Quarque's Mason, that would explain your mania and sheeping.  I probably still won't answer your questions but only because I don't want to find them while I'm on my phone.

@Imp:  Rude!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2024, 02:51:57 pm »

Why?

Why?

I notice, though I'm still scanning and playing catch-up, that web seems more like the web in Max's last game (so dangerous anti-town) than the web in FoU's last game (super useful town).

What are you going by to believe this?
If webadict is town and alive by day 3, chances of town winning are way up. If webadict is scum and alive by day 3, chances of town winning go way down. It's a fact of life. And sofanthiel is scared on day 1, they don't want them around.

Ninja. Fair enough.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 153