Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58233 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2024, 12:17:36 pm »

Lynching non-town with this won't refill it. As NQT put it, mission accomplished.
Okay, thanks.  Will you tell me your Emerald color?  I can offer you power in exchange.

I think it actually matters quite a bit!
Yeah, but I don't wanna answer it.  You have offered me nothing.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2024, 12:48:54 pm »

Yep. Barring ties in the second lynch. If town gets lynched, I gain another shot. If any other alignment is lynched, I don't. Very much Kill Town.

That said, if I killed two anti-town in one lynch, then I won't get refilled. But that's both unlikely and really bad for them anyway.

Double up, two chances to lynch scum, twice the chance of hitting, and twice the info.

As a question webadict, do you need this?

I did in fact do that. It's this yellow one. may or may not be a fake.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2024, 12:56:20 pm »

I will tell you whether or not I have an emerald.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2024, 12:59:17 pm »

Lynching non-town with this won't refill it. As NQT put it, mission accomplished.
Okay, thanks.  Will you tell me your Emerald color?  I can offer you power in exchange.
My role seems quite weak if you aren't town so maybe I should just assume that for now.

I know a bit more about Chaos Emeralds.

They come in seven colors: green, red, blue, yellow, purple, turquoise, white

Fakes can exist. If a player possesses two of the same color then one will be revealed as a fake and destroyed. I don't think you can tell if one is a fake otherwise.

One of my abilities let's me determine where each Chaos Emerald is at the end of a night. Yes, every single one.

Chaos Emeralds do nothing for me.

I also believe it's likely I die tonight because of reasons unrelated to Sonic the Hedgehog. I believe a Town player took a Blowback red sphere when creating their role which has given me a highly negative effect as a result. If one of you guys has a role related to a Scottish novelist then thanks for that, jerk.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2024, 01:03:33 pm »

Spoiler: individual replies (click to show/hide)

The bad puns do, but he was way more sensible in that one. The cyan text nonsense reminds me of ominous-and-unhelpful FBYOR D2 Sofanthiel.
Interesting. He seems about 150% more ADHD here than in the armed forces game, but the aggression, mechanical confusion and over-excitedness are all there. I also struggle to see a mafia player reacting that way to Tric's ability activation, unless they were faking confusion.

I may have to read some of FBYOR2, which is irritating, because avoiding that was one of the reasons for not playing in it.

Hm. Thus far, if QQ is mafia, he's developed quite a bit since last time I played him, so definitely a pass for now. Tric looks like town!Tric, which means he's town or possibly SK. I struggle to read anyone as methodical as EP but he seems to be trying to help. Web is obsessed with Emeralds, Imp and CM don't seem to have waken up yet, and Max is marking time D1 as usual. FoU mainly seems to have been here for RVS.

Toonyman is fading into the background, talking about mechanics, and prodding Sofa in an unconstructive but potentially lethal way.

Ok, he posted the above as I was writing this, but broadly speaking my point stands.

Toony: Certain or likely? Do you have plans for avoiding this death?
One wheel short of a wagon

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2024, 01:03:45 pm »

I also believe it's likely I die tonight because of reasons unrelated to Sonic the Hedgehog. I believe a Town player took a Blowback red sphere when creating their role which has given me a highly negative effect as a result. If one of you guys has a role related to a Scottish novelist then thanks for that, jerk.

Just finished first skim of the thread, I'm not caught up.  This caught my eye,  I have a lot to reread but checking fast: Toons are you willing to say more so folks that could possibly help might be able to tell if they can help, what their price might be, and how?  You don't need to say more than what you choose about what you know.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2024, 01:06:04 pm »

The first kill or mafiakill action tonight will be redirected to target me. I'm probably going to die.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2024, 01:07:08 pm »

The first kill or mafiakill action tonight will be redirected to target me. I'm probably going to die.

Willing to say because why?  Does it happen to be an auto, an item, or what?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2024, 01:08:11 pm »

Just finished first skim of the thread, I'm not caught up.  This caught my eye,  I have a lot to reread but checking fast: Toons are you willing to say more so folks that could possibly help might be able to tell if they can help, what their price might be, and how?  You don't need to say more than what you choose about what you know.
Are you the Scottish novelist?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2024, 01:11:23 pm »

I did in fact do that. It's this yellow one. may or may not be a fake.
[/quote]
I misread something that said two non-Town, my bad.  Also, you might be joking, but my role explicitly mentions fake Emeralds, so I hope not.

Regardless, Yellow looks kinda meh, and wasn't what I was hoping for, but maybe it gives me something good.

I will tell you whether or not I have an emerald.
Yeah, but I already know you do because you asked me about having a second wincon, which isn't something that matters if you don't have one.  What you can instead offer me is which color it is because if you don't have one, my answer fucks me more than it helps you.

Ninja'd by Toony.  Well, might as well admit that I don't have a second wincon, he's pretty correct on my Emeralds and their powers.  I have access to different Spheres based on my Emeralds, but I can potentially help with two of them.

Also, it's hector.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2024, 01:12:07 pm »

Willing to say because why?  Does it happen to be an auto, an item, or what?
It's an item I started the game with thanks to someone else's role. I don't think anybody is going to want to trade with me and I'm not going to lie about what it does.

I could give it to someone tonight I guess as my night action. I think that would save me if that works but would probably get someone else killed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2024, 01:14:01 pm »

Also, it's hector.
That's impressive considering he's not in this game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2024, 01:14:08 pm »

Do you want to trade then?

To webadict's latest post. A fake emerald was devised by Tails in Sonic Adventure Battle 2 to tric eggman and blow up the doomsday weapon. If any of them are fake, it's probably the yellow one.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2024, 01:14:32 pm »

Are you the Scottish novelist?

Definitely not.  If you're fishing for your novelist, sorry.  I remind, I played other games too checking if I or others could save folks, that's even how I picked who to inspect our last game together, the folks I thought were scum or most likely mislynch the following day.  I checked to see if I could save CM the alien, who I couldn't save.  I just think that way, and I know what I can and can't do.

If you don't want to die and think you will, might want to talk in a way that lets people know more who could and likely would help.  If you just wanna hunt writers, okay, I'm not rolename Scottish novelist or any specific Scottish author.

Any more rolefishing you wanna do while your supposedly timed life ticks away?

It's an item I started the game with thanks to someone else's role. I don't think anybody is going to want to trade with me and I'm not going to lie about what it does.

I could give it to someone tonight I guess as my night action. I think that would save me if that works but would probably get someone else killed.

Great.  I have to ask some questions of the GM, but you maybe already saved your life without killing anyone else.  I'll know more later.  If you want to say even more about it, that might not-hurt-anyone even more than what's already said.  But I need to confirm a bunch of stuff.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2024, 01:17:20 pm »

Posting from phone during my lunch break at work.

Toony seems to know a lot about emeralds. I wonder if he knows anything actually useful?

Tric seems to have turned the day into a double elimination day. Like, I'm all for that, but preferably on any day other than the very first, where we have the least info?

Just casually throwing a power like that out there makes me think Tric is town. Or SK. If only because if he had a team then he'd be told not to use it, unless his team was particularly insane.

Okay, maybe that's not a giga towntell, then. Still going to reluctantly assign some town cred. Because if you trust nobody in a game like this, you go crazy, so better to trust a little bit, even if you're wrong.

ToonyMan: Based on your intel, what do you think web's alignment is?

I'll say I am not a Scottish novelist. I don't even know any Scottish novelists.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 153