Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58226 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2024, 02:55:12 pm »

First and most important question: where my mason buddies at? You know who you are.

Why are you looking for your mason buddies, appearing not to know who they are, and appearing not to expect us them to know to reach out to you?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2024, 02:57:47 pm »

web seems more like the web in Max's last game (so dangerous anti-town) than the web in FoU's last game (super useful town).
web used a very particular tactic last game by pretending to be an immortal jester (or something along those lines).  I doubt that's how web plays every time he is bestowed with a villainous role; it's overtly conspicuous.  The rationale behind my suspicion lies within one of the unaddressed questions I asked earlier:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2024, 03:01:28 pm »

Why are you looking for your mason buddies, appearing not to know who they are, and appearing not to expect us them to know to reach out to you?
No, I know who they are, I just wanted them to represent.

Right now EuchreJack is my favorite mason buddy.

Everything else going on is stupid and I refuse to comment at this time, except to say I don't have any fun items.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2024, 03:02:33 pm »

I don't have any fun items.
Maximum Spin probably has an emerald.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2024, 03:03:39 pm »

web seems more like the web in Max's last game (so dangerous anti-town) than the web in FoU's last game (super useful town).
web used a very particular tactic last game by pretending to be an immortal jester (or something along those lines).  I doubt that's how web plays every time he is bestowed with a villainous role; it's overtly conspicuous.  The rationale behind my suspicion lies within one of the unaddressed questions I asked earlier:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're not being serious, right?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2024, 03:07:26 pm »

I don't have any fun items.
Maximum Spin probably has an emerald.
I actually don't, I would've admitted it if I had.

Why does everyone want to read so much into what I say this game? I'm usually a pretty open book about the things that matter, ie, not my role powers.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2024, 03:11:55 pm »

Toony, my thoughts on things you can do with that object.

If you do not trade it today, you can give it to someone tonight.  Give happens before the kill (I recommend you directly ask the GM and confirm that, but I also know this) so you can essentially either vig someone tonight, or force everyone with a kill besides yourself to go 'whoa, maybe I use another ability tonight, I don't want that given to me or those I want alive'.

TM appears eager to take it, and that worries me.  I think TM tends towards bold, direct moves as NAI, and I don't have much other read of TM yet, so I kinda prefer TM does not get the dagger today (not my choice, of course).  However, if TM uses 'give' to give it to someone else, then they're not using anything but free actions, and they did discuss they could and might refill Qua's oneshot, with an implied drawback and I suspect that isn't a free action for them (But who knows, maybe it is, even one that can be done every night, huh?  Sure, maybe.).
Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass to Toony for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page

This appears to be another potential trade option, and not overeager, so I'm less alert about it.
If whatever Imp has falls through, possibly I can take the item. Things may go better if I have it than you.

I think anyone you trade that to can then use it like you can tonight. If you happen to give it to mafia, then they really know who will dies, but they use two actions to make it happen, one to give, one to kill.

I don't think you're likely to be mafia, so I'm pretty okay with you giving it to your pick, like a vig, tonight.  I think that actually could be the most pro-town option I'm currently aware of.  However, you could have a better action to take tonight than 'give' a vigshot.  If so, you really should trade it to someone.

And I'm okay with you trading it to someone, though I'm uneasy about TM getting it, that eagerness... I can't tell if it's TM going 'hey, I'm no coward and I know who I want to give it to tonight, thanks!' or if it's TM going 'heh, I get my hands on that and it powers me up bigtime, and I'm anti-town'.  I'm fine with the first.  TM seems strong enough already if anti-town, so I want more evidence.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2024, 03:18:34 pm »

I have a oneshot ability that can save you pretty reliably, Toony.
Mafia might kill me because I said that, but if you're town your life is more valuable than mine.

Just eh.. some reassurance that you're actually town would be good.

Oh, and there's also this offer, no idea if you want to mess with this or how it might be interfered with.  I lean towards 'give as vigshot probably is the best use, make killers think', but I don't know how many pro-town NK folk we have.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2024, 03:19:02 pm »

You're not being serious, right?
As long as I've existed, I've never not been serious.
I would've admitted it if I had.
You said that you don't have "fun" items.  This distinction, along with the uselessness of emeralds others have noted, causes me to believe that you were being only technically honest when making that assertion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2024, 03:20:52 pm »

@Max:  It ain't just you, but I like seeing you vote, and I'm currently a baby Quarque sheep, but you know... I do take bribes.

@sofa, that is verifiably not true, given this game.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2024, 03:22:17 pm »

Last time I checked, maximum spin was suspicious. I'm currently reading it so please wait
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2024, 03:23:44 pm »

It should read like me saying something absurd to make fun of Quarque's paranoia. Converting masons probably don't exist.

I can't confirm they exist.  But my last private chat with you was kinda nice, if you want to explore that again and don't have a better candidate by the time you might be deciding.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2024, 03:25:19 pm »

Hey Imp, Maximum Spin is blatantly just fucking with us

This is what I've concluded. He'd rather stir everyone into chaos Day 1 than leave things steady.

I don't really think that's alignment indicative, though, much like wubba's sense of humor.

Try reading ToonyMan instead, he's more up-front. Relatively speaking.

At least he doesn't screw with everyone like some mad catgirl jester in a clown car. And he's the more important lynchpin of this day, given his claims.

(I still need to decide if I can trust him or not, and spewing information is a valid scum strategy, see Spin's play in FBYOR 6. Makes me nervous.)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2024, 03:27:01 pm »

@sofa, that is verifiably not true, given this game.
Being serious and competent are three different things. :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2024, 03:31:35 pm »

I'm neither. Please help me.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 153