Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58394 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2024, 11:09:36 am »

Also did you seriously just kill webadict?
I think it instantly eliminated the person with the most votes, but I'm really not sure.
How can you not be sure?

Your actions have been game-throwingly bad so far if you're town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2024, 11:12:34 am »

This is why you don't pick corrupted. Corrupted programming is bad sofanthiel

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2024, 11:14:52 am »

...There's absolutely no chance that ability could have been used any day other than D1, Tric?

Ok, unless he's being coached, I think I can read somebody's alignment now.

@NJW: ... Did you just imply you want me gone?!  However, the answer is technically yes.  Do you happen to have an Emerald?  Also, telling me not to target you makes me want to target you more.
On the emeralds front, I can very easily make your life much easier or much harder. Currently, I'm going to do the second one, but I can offer you one thing.

If you find and kill at least one scum player, I won't hold you hostage here.

Also, you can try to target me. It's not the end of the world, it's just that your actions are less likely to work as intended or help town if you do so.

Quarque: if I offered you something mediocre in return for fruit, would you take it? Because I can give you something mediocre in return for fruit.

Elephant Parade: does this remind you of sofa in the Armed Forces game?

Sofanthiel: I understand your excitement but please stop posting so much, the last eight or so haven't been very helpful and they're really clogging up the thread. Maybe have a careful reread, you seem to be seeing third party claims where there are other explanations. If you have further questions, collate them into one post.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2024, 11:17:11 am »

@Quarque:  On the contrary, votes with or without cases tells stories about their owner.  If they didn't, why else would suspect me now?  The purpose of voting is multifaceted.  By not putting down a vote, that tells a story about you, too.

Votes don't need reasoning to be right, they don't need evidence to kill, and they don't have to be logical to be placed.  You can vote anyone for any reason.  The purpose of cases is get other people to vote with you.

That is why I want you to pick someone to vote.  I want you to make a split second decision without factoring everything in because I don't want a filtered version of you.  And the thing is, I don't really need this.  I don't plan on voting you much longer for my own reasons.  I want everyone else to see those same reasons in case someone does insane shit later in the game and there becomes a need to trust Players using their words from earlier.

This isn't a trick.  I'm not putting a gun to your head to answer the question.  I'm not literally calling your apple a bribe.  But if you suspect someone, now is the time to show it.  For ANY REASON.  We're in RVS, lil' buddy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2024, 11:18:51 am »

How many chats are there?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2024, 11:23:21 am »

@NJW:  Okay, I just assumed that was already the case, but being explicit is nice.  If it makes you feel better, targeting you probably doesn't help me, either.  But I want to do it because it's funny to not listen to you.

@Tric:  Can you do that any Day?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2024, 11:24:29 am »

Also, is your emerald actually yellow, or is it another color?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2024, 11:26:25 am »

fair enough
Maximum Spin

Quarque: if I offered you something mediocre in return for fruit, would you take it? Because I can give you something mediocre in return for fruit.
Yeah. You can have an apple for a mediocre thing.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2024, 11:26:59 am »

Reason to use it day 1 is because voting d1 usually comes down to 2 people. Mafia usually manages to push votes off of them enough to survive, if we get the right target. That isn't going to happen. If there are two leading votes, both will be eliminated.

Likewise, not using it Day 1 would fit a more cautious strategy. Save it for when it's really needed, or when more information is available. But there is no hiding I'm the one who benefits. If we catch town with the lynch, I get refilled. If we don't, that's two anti-town out of the way Day 1. Mafia have to deal with the fact any suspicion is likely to result in their death via lynch, and thunderdomes will have very immediate results.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2024, 11:41:20 am »

Maximum Spin

@Tric:  So, if we execute only one non-Town, does it refill?  I have a stupid idea based on the Emerald color.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2024, 11:43:55 am »

Elephant Parade: does this remind you of sofa in the Armed Forces game?
The bad puns do, but he was way more sensible in that one. The cyan text nonsense reminds me of ominous-and-unhelpful FBYOR D2 Sofanthiel.

Reason to use it day 1 is because voting d1 usually comes down to 2 people. Mafia usually manages to push votes off of them enough to survive, if we get the right target. That isn't going to happen. If there are two leading votes, both will be eliminated.

Likewise, not using it Day 1 would fit a more cautious strategy. Save it for when it's really needed, or when more information is available. But there is no hiding I'm the one who benefits. If we catch town with the lynch, I get refilled. If we don't, that's two anti-town out of the way Day 1. Mafia have to deal with the fact any suspicion is likely to result in their death via lynch, and thunderdomes will have very immediate results.
Meh, of the three games I've been in since coming back, two lynched scum D1. Maybe they're outliers, but...

webadict: Do you have an alternate wincon?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2024, 11:49:32 am »

Sofanthiel: I know everyone else is fucking around too, but you shouldn't fuck around THIS hard on a double-execution day unless you want to get executed, especially when you did the same thing last game as scum. Do you have any ACTUAL day actions?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2024, 11:57:17 am »

Maybe I do.  Maybe I don't.  If I never collect all seven Chaos Emeralds, does it really matter?  I'm just looking for one specifically at this point.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2024, 12:04:08 pm »

Lynching non-town with this won't refill it. As NQT put it, mission accomplished.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2024, 12:04:20 pm »

Maybe I do.  Maybe I don't.  If I never collect all seven Chaos Emeralds, does it really matter?  I'm just looking for one specifically at this point.
I think it actually matters quite a bit!

Also, please claim if you have any Chaos Emeralds.  I'm looking to collect them all, for no particular reason at all.  If you hand them over to me, I promise to use my powers for... good.
Do you win and exit the game when you get them? Because if so, I'll help any way I can.
NJW: Could you explain your train of thought here?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 153