Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35396 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #855 on: January 15, 2024, 03:57:36 pm »

OK, so updating with the revised Sofa claims:

N1
--
Web: Dead.
CM banished Tric - CONFIRMED
nqt blocked sofa - CONFIRMED
Sofa: was blocked while self-targeting - CONFIRMED
FoU: Might have protected someone, might have done nothing - UNCONFIRMED
Imp tracked sofa, confirming the block - BASICALLY CONFIRMED
Quarque: Died, flipped town - might have shot someone immune to silver bullets - there's no evidence of jailing, but could have jailed FoU. - - UNCONFIRMED
EJ could have killed Quarque. It's weird but not impossible for someone to have a kill and a poison. - UNCONFIRMED
Tric: Was banished but could have been Quarque's killer- UNCONFIRMED

N2 - No kill
Imp claims track nqt out of town to Jack - claim was after NQT's so could be a lie - UNCONFIRMED
nqt investigated Jack as a 'blue' banshee - CONFIRMED
EuchreJack poisoned CM-  CONFIRMED (unless they're in cahoots)
CM returned TM and banished/captured web - - CONFIRMED  - claims to be a poisoned grey alien - sort of CONFIRMED by Sofa
Sofa claims to protect NQT - UNCONFIRMED
Web: ??- UNCONFIRMED

End of night:
TM returns and claims to be dragonkin, and is confirmed to still be impossible to vote and claims they remain not-eliminationable until they kill. - UNCONFIRMED
Qua is returned to life as Hector - CONFIRMED

All to say:

1. Either we have a double actor or the N1 killer was Tric or Euchrejack. Knowing this might explain Tric's extreme reluctance to eliminate EJ.
2. Either mafia didn't or couldn't kill and Sofanthiel is lying scum OR Web or Imp performed the N2 kill and Sofa prevented it (or we have a double-actor).

It's possible Web is the only scum (after EJ, who, I remind you, town need to eliminate to win). He could have a 'come back from the dead and kill someone' type power, as well as a regular kill.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 15, 2024, 04:07:06 pm »

Aliens, I want to help you understand how precarious your position may be here.

Maybe you already get this.

I don't know who, besides Jack, needs to die.

Today, Jack needs to die.  No question.  Because there's maybe 3 alive on a anti-town team and if that exists, Jack's one of the three.  Jack dies today, I cannot imagine my mind being changed.

But I'm not convinced you're town ally.  I can read you as scum too.  I think it unlikely, but possible.  All it takes is for me to think it's more likely that you two are anti-town than I think qua or TM (or them together) is anti-town.

And how much do I think one or both of you is probably scum?

sof.
sof
Sofanthiel.
Sof

Do you guys get how unsure I am of sof's townieness?

N1, I targeted sof.  I can tell you why, too.

There's very little chance I vote for anyone but Jack, today.

I'm extremely openminded to TM being someone I can win with.

And qua being someone I can win with, though wow can I not comfortably talk with that person recently.

And I'm openminded to CM and sof being the players that I cannot win with.

I recommend you decide what you are going to say and do.

Because I'm equally openminded to the idea that CM and sof are perfectly fine for me to win with, and it's TM and qua who are indeed the threats to humanity that remain.

I haven't boxed nqt and web, and given this exact game, they're free-range to me now.

But I have no reason not to want you four solved.  Not roleflip solved.  But I want to feel like I see 'person who I wincon with' when I evaluate you.

And you are not there yet, alien team.

Granted, if killing Jack doesn't save CM, I don't have to worry about CM+sof team enemy for long.

I'm thinking about all of this.  Sof, you have a life to save, your own.  See all them times I've already voted you?  You not-town, as far as I know, killed a town with vote manipulation, God-described as seems shady to me, for all that's likely just flavor and not intended to be taken as God's word - It would be easy, sof, for me to vote you tomorrow.  Considerably harder based on extremely pro-town events that happen from you and CM visibly between now and D4.

But if we have threats to humanity in play, and things don't go your way... I can totally see more sof-votes from me after today.

Try to fix that, would you?  I like feeling like I understand my allies.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 15, 2024, 04:08:44 pm »

CM, did you expect anything in particular, when you targeted TM n1?

Why'd you target TM n1, instead of anyone else?
Didn't I already answer this question. I was hoping that would give me the chance to inspect them.

... hey, so, you knew or thought N1 when you gave your target, that you would be doing an inspection of your target?

You were ready to kill, or poison, or roleblock, or protect, or whatever....

Knowing you didn't know what you'd do, you wanted to do that to TM?  Or you had reason to think inspect?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 15, 2024, 04:09:30 pm »

the situation where you vote manipulated, you shady whatever the bleep... that one.
I was at high risk of being hanged (or is it "hung" for non-organic and soulless vanilla townies?), which would have severely impaired our ability to complete the primary mission.  Crystal was unavailable, the entire game depended on nqt's ability to discern truth from the Jack-sourced misinformation, and Fallacy was acting incredibly unhuman (the perpetual lie about being vanilla town after my repeated requests for a more legitimate non-direct claim, for example), which all culminated in me making a somewhat rushed decision.  Also, shielding and being in a secret chat are not both necessarily non-vanilla-town things; God never said that vanilla townies can't have an interesting peculiarity or... three!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 15, 2024, 04:13:36 pm »

TM returns and claims to be dragonkin, and is confirmed to still be impossible to vote and claims they remain not-eliminationable until they kill. - UNCONFIRMED

Adding to this a second/third claim, possibly involving power use:

I, the Dragoon Knight.
So I have spoken, as Vanilla Town.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 15, 2024, 04:16:38 pm »

CM, did you expect anything in particular, when you targeted TM n1?

Why'd you target TM n1, instead of anyone else?
Didn't I already answer this question. I was hoping that would give me the chance to inspect them.

... hey, so, you knew or thought N1 when you gave your target, that you would be doing an inspection of your target?

You were ready to kill, or poison, or roleblock, or protect, or whatever....

Knowing you didn't know what you'd do, you wanted to do that to TM?  Or you had reason to think inspect?
I said I was hoping I would inspect. Did I accidently imply somehow that I had any reason to think otherwise?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 15, 2024, 04:17:07 pm »

Only says I'll die next night. The flavour text stated that a bird prophesized my death.

Nqt seems to be right about euchre being a banshee since my flavour text seems to indicate that my death is forewarned. However it is less screaming lady and more birb

But I just realized these clues.  Poultry, bird, birb.  Perhaps 'pirate' jack is a parrot pirate banshee or something.  But maybe bird is part of that one's flavor for reason that supports banshee bird ghost dust stuff.
The only bird involved is a Red Herring. I didn't even know about the bird stuff until you mentioned it.

nqt, this may also softclaim confirm N2 as well, if you wish to consider the flavor-link.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 15, 2024, 04:18:28 pm »

I said I was hoping I would inspect. Did I accidently imply somehow that I had any reason to think otherwise?

Not that I see.  I'm trying to understand and keep track of everything.

When I targeted sof, I had no idea what I would do to sof.  But because of sof's actions D1, I was aOK with that.

Do you just tend to go with your hopes when you don't know?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 15, 2024, 04:19:40 pm »

Yeah.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 15, 2024, 04:21:11 pm »

nqt, this may also softclaim confirm N2 as well, if you wish to consider the flavor-link.

Initial poultry flavor stated here.

I don't know how much that confirms anything.  God's said:

Also, Euchre Jack couldn't have done the kill because the kill was vampire flavoured and they're a banshee.
Don't read that much into flavor. I can do what I want.

So flavor links might be pure random.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 15, 2024, 04:29:14 pm »

Which suggests it's not a time zone thing, but a scum tactic.
It's more of an "I haven't slept in three day-night cycles" thing.  Fret not, however, for I have gotten the rest my organic form desired oh-so-much!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 15, 2024, 04:34:51 pm »

Team alien, or team alien-and-other, are you choosing not to answer my question about the name of your shared chat?

Everyone, given the recent vote count:

CrystalizedMire (0)
EuchreJack (4): notquitethere, CrystalizedMire, sofanthiel, Quarque
Imp (0)
notquitethere (0)
Quarque (0)
sofanthiel (0)

In the event of a tie, all teamed players will be lynched.

Day ends in about 29 hours, if I am not mistaken.

Unless votes change, it's me or TM to hammer.

While I'd like, and really want, more info from sof, that one's answered all but the team-chat name question as far as I know.

What else do we want before day-end?  I am still very motivated for a D3 Jack lynch, and delay my vote because I'd love more answers, but don't think they're coming.  I kinda wanna allow TM to sink his teeth into a conversation with sof, or have a pleasant one instead, and not sure if TM has questions I and qua didn't ask.

Sof, reads would be kinda nice, but presuming you're not scum, I -really- like the idea of nqt being protected by you again.  Heck, even if you are scum I'd take a protect nqt, it seemed fine N2.  I'd have totes taken your protection last game I knew you were scum in, would have saved my perfectly-tailored-to-me role even!  You guys could have freaking farmed me, protect+killing me every night, any item I made going to scum team.  Y'all had better stuff to do, surely, and I'd have made items intended to mess up their theives, but we could have played that delightful game....

Anyway.

Who has more questions before we end the day?

Just to note, I'm gonna go offline to play Age of Zodiac for a few hours. See you tonight. (On my side.)

It's been just over an hour.  Delay for TM's direct questioning, or not?  Would just be a 'few' more hours at most, it seems.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 15, 2024, 04:44:17 pm »

Note: started this a few hours ago, got distracted by things, haven’t read a lot since, maybe it’s all been covered.

@Imp the questions are calm, if incredulous you’re not seeing what I’m seeing. The frustration was expressed in the big post, tapering off during it. You can come back to the questions later if you want.

We continue to not communicate.  Why is that?

If you want to make it easier for me, put them in a separate post from expression of anger, especially at me.

Then again, you do you.  I have no clue from you so far that you have any desire to make anything easy or anything but unpleasant for me.  You do you.

Cool, I’m the bad guy, glad we cleared that up.

Sof, did you get to choose what you were doing N1?
No, but I did decide to target myself.
How do you know yo successfully defended NQT?

Did you start the game in a chat with CM?
1. It is outright stated in my night PM.
2. No; we were only given the chat after the first night.
It’s basically a kill. “What benefit tdo the scum get from killing?” is basically what you’re asking.
That is not what my argument was about; the choice of who is kept in our custody is the real justification for us being the good guys.

So basically what you’re saying is someone else tried to kill, we know EJ poisoned CM, and CM seems to think I’m scum despite my action being pretty clearly not a kill. Also, Tric was abducted N2, so he can’t have performed the kill either, so why is CM Tric and I are scum?

So, what, possible killers are CM, Imp, webadict?

NQT won’t look themselves, and their action has been confirmed by the target so they weren’t redirected back to themselves.
EJ poisoned CM, confirmed by CM
Tric was abducted.
I was dead.

Maybe sofanthiel tried to kill and was told it was protected from and is trying to find them?

Anyway, I need to fold clothes and eat, I’ll think about this some more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 15, 2024, 04:49:29 pm »

So basically what you’re saying is someone else tried to kill ...

Maybe sofanthiel tried to kill and was told it was protected from and is trying to find them?

Sof, are you saying you believe there was a kill attempt N2?

If not, can you try to explain more clearly what you were saying?  Very much more clearly would be great, help me for sure.  Thoughts and stuff.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 15, 2024, 05:02:36 pm »

Quarque: I'm suspicious of you because you came back from the dead.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 76