Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35658 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #510 on: January 13, 2024, 01:15:06 am »

Quarque: You got me. I am a double actor because i only have two actions and god decided my second action could be used with my first. Satisfied

There were three other questions for you to answer in that post. I could also remind you that the game you were scum you were a little less than forthcoming with the details on that final day.

I should also ask you why you’re defending sofanthiel so hard, in the sense that it doesn’t sound like it would affect your wincon at all if they die, just maybe make it a bit more tricky to find an “interesting specimen”.

Do you know how your abduction thing works? Are people able to perform actions the same night they get abducted or… what?

Do you do anything to them before they’re released? Like. Tric is apparently lynchable now, was that your doing?

What do you call a blind deer with no legs?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imp

So, the whole you and NQT thing indirectly confirming each others actions is just a lot of paranoia regarding cover for kills and such. If you have a scumchat obviously you can coordinate things to to cover for each other, hide you performed the kill, make it harder for town to piece together night actions; nonsense like that. Given what we’ve got going on right now it’s not a big priority, but it’s something I would like to explore.

I can’t be bothered looking for it but I think you said you had flavour that suggested NQT discovered EJ was SK (or a banshee?) from N2, but your flavour from N1 didn’t make you feel confident that NQT had blocked sofanthiel N1?

I’m not really sure how or what to ask about that, but can you speak about the difference there? ‘cause sofanthiel (I think) claimed to have been beaten up in the center of town, which sounds like a blocking action to me, so I guess I’m just not sure why you would get such a high confidence rating from one track but not the other.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 13, 2024, 01:25:44 am »

As a compromise, I will switch to CrystalizedMire. Having them die at end of Day probably means that Web remains banished, which is a desirable outcome. If their team is Mafia, we'll know. If their team is town-ally, we'll have one remaining.

Reads list:

Imp seems to be their normal floundering town self
TricMagic requires more analysis by me, but is probably town
Quarque can give evidence they are still town by their night actions
notquitethere has successfully identified my role
Webadict seems anti-town, admitted to being survivor, quite possibly did the Night 1 kill without knowing, note no Night 2 kill
sofanthiel & CrystalizedMire, since I think they have the same alignment

It would seem to me that if sofanthiel & CrystalizedMire are town-allies, as claimed, then the scum team would probably have Web on it. As HecQuarque brings up, a NQT-Imp scum team is possible, although I tend to think that it is less likely than sofanthiel & CrystalizedMire just being a scumteam with a banish ability.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 13, 2024, 01:27:31 am »

To be clear, I am saying that we should keep HecQuarque around for tonight, where their night actions on Night 3 are likely to give solid evidence they are in fact town by using their pre-resurrection abilities.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 13, 2024, 01:35:11 am »

See… I think lynching CM is a good idea, because we don’t know what will happen with all the abducted folks if CM is allowed to act this night, but I am also less for it because the SK inspect is suggesting it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 13, 2024, 01:43:44 am »

Imp

So, the whole you and NQT thing indirectly confirming each others actions is just a lot of paranoia regarding cover for kills and such. If you have a scumchat obviously you can coordinate things to to cover for each other, hide you performed the kill, make it harder for town to piece together night actions; nonsense like that. Given what we’ve got going on right now it’s not a big priority, but it’s something I would like to explore.

I can’t be bothered looking for it but I think you said you had flavour that suggested NQT discovered EJ was SK (or a banshee?) from N2, but your flavour from N1 didn’t make you feel confident that NQT had blocked sofanthiel N1?

I’m not really sure how or what to ask about that, but can you speak about the difference there? ‘cause sofanthiel (I think) claimed to have been beaten up in the center of town, which sounds like a blocking action to me, so I guess I’m just not sure why you would get such a high confidence rating from one track but not the other.

About N2:  No, my flavor does not confirm EJ being SK/banshee-like. Doesn't disprove it either, but leans away.  Here's what I said, bolding the most direct statement, rest showing for close-meaning context:

I was also given some flavor about EuchreJack.  I will say it does not sound like 'banshee' to me, or obviously be of death, rot, that kinda stuff.  It's only flavor, and my target was nqt, not Jack.  However, I'll discuss specifics after we've heard more from Jack, unless people want me to discuss specifics first.  I have a small amount of clue, and no idea how valid it is, but flavor defines it as how I recognized the target EuchreJack.

The flavor I got for Jack in my tracking last night was that nqt joined up with one of Jack older tracks, and the flavor clues I was given was of dust and poultry.  It's not very conclusive at all of anything, but had me openminded that Jack might not be an anti-town banshee, if such a thing even could be possible.

About N1, I wasn't even given clear results, just flavor from which I initially inferred results.  God has granted something possibly akin to mercy on me since then, having apparently understood my interpretation of this and wishing to guide me to the understanding God wants in a way I am better able to use, perhaps something about how God doesn't want me completely confused about my own role and results, just everything else ... if I understand God correctly.

My initial understanding and claims for N1 results:

Hey, God, how close is the parson's body on this street to the center of town?
  That's me boggling at the flavor.  All I knew was where sof had been.  Not what he did, who he interacted with.  But he seemed to spend a lot of time in the center of town.  So, that body... is it in the center of town?  Here's how confused I was from the very start.

Sof, I also acted on you blindly last night.  I tracked you hanging out in the middle of town square, then to your farm outside town.  As we all had to target someone, that says perhaps interesting things about you, but still, you didn't appear that I can tell to have gone to anyone else.  However, our dead Qua is dead somewhat near the center of town, so I don't know what to think.  Seems disturbing though.  The dead and returned to us webadict was buried under the stocks, so that's also center of town.

Also, I have no information about nqt or anyone else targeting you.

However, since our parson was found in the city street, I hope that's not where and why you were lingering in the center of town.  I'm not sure how I feel about you possibly ressing webadict, if that's what you did in town center.

That's how I open.  I knew web, buried center of town, was ressed.  I knew qua-the-first was dead nearish center of town.  I had no understanding of what God wanted me to know, I needed help.  I had asked for help.  I didn't understand the help.  I thought I was using the information God intended me to have.

Later, Jack steps in and directs me how to talk to God.  Why and how, I don't know yet.  Jack, would you inform us why and how you knew that might help me?

*groan*
@Imp: Please send Maximum Spin a PM asking him to clarify your night results. It seems to me that you saw sof take no action.
However, the Mod can not confirm/discuss your night action in the open, or that would be confirming the validity of your claimed night action (aka cheating).

OMG.  Thank you so much.  This game is far less bastard than I thought.  I was having very dark thoughts indeed.

Yep, I am grateful to confirm that sof did not in fact target anyone last night that I can detect.  Because of roleblock, because of other reasons, no idea.  But sof didn't do anything to anyone that can be tracked by me.

I'm reminded of some older supernaturals where there were actions one could target and take without visiting, like reading runes and whatnot.

But I do not track sof to anyone N1.

God's actual and specific words of clarification to me help me understand that sof had not acted on any targets, and the flavor supported the possibility of being delayed, or self-targeting, or no-targeting.  I was also told that my results could be wrong, but if they were right that is what they meant, and that if sof had interacted with any of the bodies, I would be expressly told.  However, my flavor is not confirmatory for anything except the targeting, anything else could potentially be supportive, that's it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 13, 2024, 01:48:39 am »

Only says I'll die next night. The flavour text stated that a bird prophesized my death.

Nqt seems to be right about euchre being a banshee since my flavour text seems to indicate that my death is forewarned. However it is less screaming lady and more birb

But I just realized these clues.  Poultry, bird, birb.  Perhaps 'pirate' jack is a parrot pirate banshee or something.  But maybe bird is part of that one's flavor for reason that supports banshee bird ghost dust stuff.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 13, 2024, 02:11:41 am »

Gonna add though, my N1 results on sof.  I'm -tracking-.  The information I was told does not support evidence of a fight.  That might be because that's none of my business, I'm tracking sof, not his pummeler if he has one.

In the flavor I was given, he looks delayed, lingering; he took a while to leave the center of town.

There's no mention of an attacker's tracks or other evidence he had a fight there.

That might be because it's flavor, and my actual ability is tracking him to his target if he has one he successfully reaches.  So maybe I cannot possibly get flavor of the rest of the situation, even if it might make sense 'story-wise', because that's outside my actual ability itself.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 13, 2024, 02:29:12 am »

Only says I'll die next night. The flavour text stated that a bird prophesized my death.

Nqt seems to be right about euchre being a banshee since my flavour text seems to indicate that my death is forewarned. However it is less screaming lady and more birb

But I just realized these clues.  Poultry, bird, birb.  Perhaps 'pirate' jack is a parrot pirate banshee or something.  But maybe bird is part of that one's flavor for reason that supports banshee bird ghost dust stuff.
The only bird involved is a Red Herring. I didn't even know about the bird stuff until you mentioned it.

See… I think lynching CM is a good idea, because we don’t know what will happen with all the abducted folks if CM is allowed to act this night, but I am also less for it because the SK inspect is suggesting it.
...fair enough

HecQuarque
HecQuarque
Who?
Fine, Quarque then.

Quote from: Imp
Later, Jack steps in and directs me how to talk to God. Why and how, I don't know yet.  Jack, would you inform us why and how you knew that might help me?
Clearly, I am Jesus, Son of God  8)

The How is: You were unclear about how your role worked and your night results, and traditionally the Mod can answer those questions in PMs.
The Why is: I was trying to get you to understand your results, so you could clearly share them with the rest of us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 13, 2024, 02:32:23 am »

Clearly, I am Jesus, Son of God  8)
Ew. No.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 13, 2024, 03:16:40 am »

Like. Tric is apparently lynchable now, was that your doing?

Oh.  I just spotted this.

I tried to test it.  I voted for TM today here, and quoted God's D1 votecount where TM had been voted and God confirmed there were 0 votes on TM, despite having a voter.

Then I asked God for a votecount.  God said they didn't see any votes as of my request, though God noted that EuchreJack since gained two.

I believe that means that TM cannot be eliminated, votes on TM count as 0.  I may be misunderstanding, but I don't see how.

Do we need more testing?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 13, 2024, 03:39:19 am »

Like. Tric is apparently lynchable now, was that your doing?

Oh.  I just spotted this.

I tried to test it.  I voted for TM today here, and quoted God's D1 votecount where TM had been voted and God confirmed there were 0 votes on TM, despite having a voter.

Then I asked God for a votecount.  God said they didn't see any votes as of my request, though God noted that EuchreJack since gained two.

I believe that means that TM cannot be eliminated, votes on TM count as 0.  I may be misunderstanding, but I don't see how.

Do we need more testing?
God probably doesn't recognize TM as a player. Try using the whole name, or at least Tric.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 13, 2024, 03:48:29 am »

@Imp ah right right right, I was thinking you also targeted NQT N1 as well, not sofanthiel - even though you said as much at the time - that would probably explain the uncertainty about NQT’s block and a fight thing N1.

I’m not sure we need to test Tric’s lynchability, at least not in the face of SK inspects and CM’s cageyness, but possibly something to keep an eye on.

PPE: though EJ makes a point.

What do you call a blind deer with no legs at the side of the road?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[late night thoughts]

I’ve been thinking a bit about CM and EJ. We can probably lynch CM and then deal with EJ safely in the night, as we have a blocker and I have a silver bullet that should hopefully deal with a supernatural threat like a Banshee? Even if I’m a bit unsure about NQT and Imp, if they are scum they still have to worry about the SK right?

[/late night thoughts]

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 13, 2024, 03:52:58 am »

God probably doesn't recognize TM as a player. Try using the whole name, or at least Tric.
I'm not the robot here. I understood what was intended.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 76