Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35636 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #420 on: January 11, 2024, 11:03:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure web can't be town based on his comments.  Neutral or anti-town, I don't know.  I can probably live with a web lynch, but I'm concerned because I'm certain web could not have called the kill.  If he was raised and killed, there's still the one in control.  Someone caused a kill, don't think it could be web, don't think it's a town or town friendly person.
This is the most logical argument for me being scum, covers for my not having a vote, and allows for someone to target two people.  It's a solid argument.

It's wrong because I don't have a teammate or a master or even an underling that I'm aware of, but it's actually the best one I've heard, and pretty believable.
Underlined the most important part.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2024, 11:05:16 pm »

Of the options.

Fal and Jack are claimed no targets.  Wouldn't that be a hoot if that's how God decided to pick the scum team.  'Defy Me and carry this burden, now you are the enemy of all goodly town'.

CM's claim of being the banisher works for me.  We'd need a scum team D1 and they'd need to be part of it.  It's possible. The real scumteam chat could be on the main mafia discord, for all we know, and when we show up in the game's chat a distraction.  But I lean towards believing CM's claim of targeting TM.

TM's fully unknown.

sof/nqt/me are entangled in claims, which if sanctuary/Qua is also involved, doesn't clear either of them.  ... Doesn't clear either of them.  Whew.

Okay.  I can support this.

It would take Qua targeting sof and defaulting to a sanctuary use.  It would take sof targeting anyone with a physical kill default.  Or anyone targeting sof with a physical kill default... but if so, sof's not scum.

Sof under stress, which I guess he was earlier, looks loads more town to me than sof just doing whatever, or normal play.

Still, it's possible.

But sof can't have been the killer either.  I know this.  Sheesh.  Unvote.
If it makes you feel any better, one-shot unblockable kills are a thing, so it could have been sofanthiel. Also, recall that Quarque's flip revealed multiple kill types.

But I tracked sof.  I know sof didn't target successfully, in any trackable way - if I wasn't somehow redirected, which was mentioned.  But I also specifically asked about if sof couldn't target because of the sanctuary, but default-or-otherwise-used a kill.

At best I'd see flavor, and it's an edge case.  Man, nqt seems the better target.  I do think fal's not anti-town.  Sof's claim, or at least statement of a dream of being the only vanilla townie.

Why do so many of us have really weird play?

Between Fal and sof, sof.  I still would prefer nqt over anyone, and take web over either sof or Fal.  And I'm really thinking we may not have room for a lot of mislynches, or any.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2024, 11:07:15 pm »

I have no idea why we're voting sofa over Fallacy.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2024, 11:17:14 pm »

Lord above, can you please, in your infinite grace, supply us with an up-to-date votecount?  Amen.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2024, 11:23:07 pm »

CrystalizedMire (0)
EuchreJack (0)
FallacyofUrist (3): CrystalizedMire, notquitethere, sofanthiel
Imp (0)
notquitethere (0)
sofanthiel (3): FallacyofUrist, EuchreJack, Imp
webadict (0)

In the event of a tie, all players will be lynched.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2024, 11:25:16 pm »

Hammer has just occurred.

FallacyofUrist was hammered. If you don't believe me, present votecount:

CrystalizedMire (0)
EuchreJack (0)
FallacyofUrist (4): CrystalizedMire, CrystalizedMire, CrystalizedMire, notquitethere
Imp (0)
notquitethere (0)
sofanthiel (3): FallacyofUrist, EuchreJack, Imp
webadict (0)

After FallacyofUrist drives all the villagers into a spirited squabble that takes up most of the day, sofanthiel, tired of seeing argument after argument deflected, finally snaps. FallacyofUrist is struck over the head with a clang and remanded into the custody of CrystalizedMire awaiting the deacon's return. He's running a little late, but in due time the hour comes. CrystalizedMire pushes the prisoner forward for inspection, and the deacon rakes FallacyofUrist with a contemptuous gaze. "An extraterrestrial interloper, I see? You certainly didn't do much good here, did you? Your lot are always so prideful. Don't worry, we came prepared for this."

The King's hangmen rummage in the ox-cart and pull out a long spear, tipped with orange crystal glowing softly in the gathering gloom. The deacon calmly takes the weapon while the hangmen secure their quarry, one at each soldier, and at a nod from the one at the left, the deacon stabs FallacyofUrist's chest clean through. The spear is just as quickly withdrawn and heaved back into the ox-cart almost without a second thought, while the hangmen carry Fallacy's slumped body up the gallows steps, symbolically string it up for several minutes' display, then cut it back down and bury it in the convenient recently-vacated hole. Quarque is also dragged over and thrown in, to save labor, since it's hard to say how many people will be left to dig graves when this is all over.

FallacyofUrist was:
Superhero
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Auto) Bulletproof: You're very hard to kill, as long as there are no pieces of your home planet around or anything like that.
(Night) Protector of the Innocent (target): You protect your target. If your target is targeted by a kill action that could kill you, you die.
(Night) X-ray Vision (target): You learn your target's nature.
(Night) Lasso of Truth (target): You roleblock your target.

"Well," the deacon says lightly, "you've done another day's excellent work, although I'm afraid you haven't quite managed to find the right targets. This one was a bit of a grey area, but it pretty much counts as a human, at the end of the day. Certainly not the evil we're looking for. Try again, though, I think you've got a couple chances left before it all goes to Hell. Don't feel too bad about it - we can always send the army in to clear out whatever's left."

And with that, he leaves you again.
Night has fallen. Send in your night actions if you have any, within the next 24 hours.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 11:48:19 pm by Maximum Spin »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 has begun.
« Reply #426 on: January 12, 2024, 07:42:05 pm »

Notice: hector13 has replaced in for Quarque. For the foreseeable future, you will refer to hector13 as Quarque and all votes and actions on Quarque will apply to hector13.

Dawn breaks over the village, and everyone who is left wakes up, not without a certain trepidation, variously worried and eager to see what new corpses the sunlight might fall upon today. By the time everyone has had a look into all the obvious hiding places and finally given up and congregated in the center of town, where a proper headcount can be arranged, it becomes clear that not only are there no corpses around at all, but Quarque actually seems to have come back to life, looking perhaps slightly different but apparently no worse for wear. TricMagic is also back in town, but it seems webadict has gone missing this time.

A chilly wind blows, heralding the coming of fall and reminding you that evil presumably still lurks. You can safely assume the deacon will return by nightfall to claim another of your number. You have 48 hours from 8 PM (2000) Eastern Standard Time, or a little under 48 and a half from now, to make your decisions. Day 3 has begun.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #427 on: January 12, 2024, 07:43:22 pm »

Me and sofanthiel are town allies
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 12, 2024, 07:44:44 pm »

Can you explain more?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 12, 2024, 07:45:20 pm »

I decided to release TricMagic in case scum killed a townie
Can you explain more?
We win with town but we have another wincon
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 12, 2024, 07:48:11 pm »

I have also been poisoned and will die the next night. I think this is because of abducting webadict after I returned TricMagic.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 12, 2024, 07:53:05 pm »

I have also been poisoned and will die the next night. I think this is because of abducting webadict after I returned TricMagic.

What do you know about the timing of your death?  End of night, or start, or what?

Know anything about the type of poison?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2024, 07:55:42 pm »

What do you know about the timing of your death?  End of night, or start, or what?

Know anything about the type of poison?
Only says I'll die next night. The flavour text stated that a bird prophesized my death.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 12, 2024, 07:59:00 pm »

Only says I'll die next night. The flavour text stated that a bird prophesized my death.

I wonder if you will ask God many questions about this, and share whatever info is provided.

I wonder if anyone alive can possibly do something about your death, if they chose to, and if sharing such details might allow someone to decide.

I also wonder if you think a more-or-less-full roleclaim might be useful, but you can surely decide that.  You're clearly setting up to not be lynched today, since you die tonight, and if you're alive tomorrow we can deal with that then.

But if you're actually poisoned and dying and someone can actually do something about this, it might be interesting for that someone to know enough to decide if they want to help or not.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 12, 2024, 08:01:42 pm »

I suspect that only Webadict can undo this. Also, I already roleclaimed before, I can only abduct people and throw them back out. Hopefully webadict is considered an interesting specimen and I'll fulfill my second wincon.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 76