Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: A Mischief of Birbs: Forgotten in the Night: Mafia Victory  (Read 8759 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Day 1 - Scatterbrains in the Trees (6/6)
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2023, 09:13:46 pm »

we're golden... Get it?

I'll just lay this out because somebody has to eventually:
sofanthiel -> Max -> Imp -> hector -> Egan -> Crystal -> sofanthiel, once again.

Hey, golden sof up in heaven.  Waving to you in these final hours, since it doesn't seem to matter what we do with them at this point and I can't think of any scumhunting or other useful stuff to do.  So, mentioning now, as I decided who to track N1... while I had other reasons too.  Your pointing me at him was something I noticed before I tossed my DM to Tric, that I wanted to track Hec.

If Cry is town, I'm the only one that followed your pattern.  Max didn't investigate me (two players say, has to be true).  Hector didn't investigate Egan.

Cry... would have investigated you.  Except you were gone, so Cry would have investigated Max.

Well, back when you said that, I thought we were investigating.

If Cry's scum, Cry had to have targeted Max.  So, maybe Cry and I followed your plan.  Be a few hours before we know.

Thanks for the plan.  I'm sorry I didn't understand it before you died.  I hope I never misunderstand you that badly again.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2023, 09:21:25 pm »

- Crystalizedmire (2)-
Eh, I'll jump on the Crystal-wagon!

Huh.  This too.

Psychic are the dead, even before they die?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Day 2 - Slip a bird on the barbie (4/6)
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2023, 09:53:04 pm »

I honestly can't add much to the conversation. I can't defend myself without even looking scummier and I don't have any reads.
In that case, I guess we have little reason not to wrap this up and hammer.

Well, besides the fact that we won't have to wait very long for day end.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2023, 09:55:07 pm »

Scum aligned thinking.

Notices that the plan would make game unfun for scum (would it?)  Doesn't seem to consider if it would make it unfun for town.

Odd thinking about 'town points'.  Sidenote - when I'm scum I don't go for town points.  I go for extremely reasonable town play.  Everyone can do that, it can really up your play.

That misread of sof's attitude towards the plan... Sof was the only player in the game to support the plan at all besides myself when I proposed it.  Cry misreads that or represents that as sof 'not wanting to truly commit to the plan'.

Every other player said not do it.  I had already said not do it, once Tric stepped in.

Weird the focus Cry gives sof's reaction to the plan, 'not wanting to truly commit to the plan'.

Also says that's scummy, but balances to a null read.  All the other players were against the plan (me too after Tric spoke about it).  A very scum-thinking sensitivity and presentation.

Since the plan that Imp proposed makes the game unfun for scum, I think Imp is town It is possible that they just proposed a strategy that they knew the gm won't allow happen to get town points but I find that unlikely.

Sofanthiel not wanting to truly commit to the plan makes perfect sense for a townie who wants to have fun. But it does make sense for a scum who wants to win so I say it is a null read.

Sof said do it, twice.  I read a strong lean towards do or at least explore doing the plan, though maybe joking.

Sounds like a plan to me!

I say we stick to Imp's idea for tonight; there's still much we can gain from this ourobirdos inspection

Bolding mine.  Interesting triple negative.

I wouldn't because I don't think a 4 person townbloc is probably not a good idea. Besides, I don't trust you enough
Anyways sorry for being silent.

To me, towniest post Cry's made:
Last time Sofanthiel was town, they were scum hunting. Here it seems like they're not scum hunting at all. The only time they voted was on Maximum spin near the beginning and me after Imp post the vote count.

Null tell but feels honest.
The reason why I said it was a bad idea to me is because I spent way too much time on mafiascum wiki so I had it drilled into my head that someone who asks for a townbloc is likely not going to succeed in maintaining it.

Fair enough, I also went for sof for lack of town presentation.
To clarify, I don't find them suspicious because of the number of times they've voted, I have find them suspicious because both of those votes seemed to be jokey votes, not a genuine attempt at scumhunting.

And now into D2.
I visited Hector

Solid, factual, saying minimum.
You are not lying about visiting Maximum Spin.

Decent, honest statement.
Assuming that scum can't track their victim, then it would be unlikely Egan is scum. But we can't be sure that scum!Egan will make a rational choice.

So low effort.  The quoted post leads to the possible show of the possible suspect, but again, like some of the D1 posts Cry made, shows a likely 'from scum' mental perspective/reaction.

Egan posted somethings which includes them as a possible suspect:

... (from imp: follow quote to see what Cry quoted from Egan, I edited out, but it's all talk of scum thinking)

Though, since we're at melo, it is possible that these posts are a show made by scum!Egan

Hector and you are null to me. I have trouble absorbing Imp's long posts so I'll probably have missed a lot of scumtells.

I edit loads of quotes out to focus on Cry's actual words:
You're absolutely not crazy. I really want to contribute but none of my thoughts were original.

It is the only thing that pops up as remotely scummy to me. Even then, I don't find Egan as all that scummy. My instincts tell me that Egan is town but thinking about it for any amount time comes to the conclusion that Egan may be scum. Hector and you comes off as null to me because I fail to find anything scummy about you two. I think a nolynch is a better option because this means that we have one more day to find scum.

Can answer about who NK would be more clearly than can answer any town reads.  Can give a reason for the NK, but thinks we all look pretty town.
Hector. They're the one that would arouse the least suspicions on me

I reread the posts that were posted today but I can't form any reads that are reliable in any way.

Perhaps another chance at tracking down the killer.

Offers hugs and comfort and friendship and yummy food and drink, wishing to give comfort and security and hope and help
I honestly can't add much to the conversation. I can't defend myself without even looking scummier and I don't have any reads.

Okay.  My doubts are mostly eased.  If I'm wrong, I'm fooled.  I'm ready to vote for Cry, and it sounds like Hec is too.

Egan, I absolutely will not force a hammer.

Do you care to remove your vote?  I am ready to vote for Cry, and if Hec does too, this is done if you don't shift.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2023, 09:56:02 pm »

EBWOP

Didn't check who said that, saw the wrap up.

In that case, I leave this in Hec's hands.

Cry

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2023, 10:08:13 pm »

Crystalizedmire
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Forgotten in the Night: Mafia Victory
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2023, 11:26:03 am »

The birds decide that Crystalizedmire must be the culprit, pushing him out and taking his shinies. But no Shiniest to be found, who could it be?

Why Hector13, you see. An easy time to frame another, and push out the last with rhetoric clutter. All the shiniest are theirs, with none left atop the tree.

Game Over: Mafia Victory

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2023, 11:36:05 am »

*Applauds Hector with glee*

Well done, you scummy masterpiece!

Cry... how could we have better supported you?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2023, 11:48:53 am »

It's not your fault. It's just that I have trouble forming reads. I should've tried to scumhunt a lot more.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2023, 12:01:17 pm »

Your first hint it was hector should've been when he was postulating that Imp was Mafia, because Imp was scumhunting very well, but hector did play pretty well by making sure no one found that.  I think this version of hector played a rather selfish Town game, so it would've been worth investigating exactly that further.

The takeaway from this game is probably "If you don't know who it is, find out who it isn't and work backwards."  It was safe to say it wasn't Imp, and Egan_BW was cleared by hector13, which means that it had to be hector13 in your eyes, Crystal.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2023, 12:22:57 pm »

Yeah Egan claiming who Max visited before I did really messed me up D2, and the idea of a track-kill (they were actually separate, I could have visited another person to track but too risky) should have been explored a lot better.

Your first hint it was hector should've been when he was postulating that Imp was Mafia, because Imp was scumhunting very well, but hector did play pretty well by making sure no one found that.  I think this version of hector played a rather selfish Town game, so it would've been worth investigating exactly that further.

The takeaway from this game is probably "If you don't know who it is, find out who it isn't and work backwards."  It was safe to say it wasn't Imp, and Egan_BW was cleared by hector13, which means that it had to be hector13 in your eyes, Crystal.

What do you mean by “selfish town game”?

I probably would have found the points I raised against Imp suspicious when I was town too, probably to the point of convincing myself they were scum, because I’m silly like that. At least on D1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2023, 12:26:43 pm »

Mechanically, everyone was a tracker. Mafia would need a way to kill without being outed for having no result. As it's not a bastard game, and no one put forth the existence of additives to their roles, would mean that the only one to kill would have had to have visited the kill target?

Ninja bird. And yeah, I split them up for some reason. Mostly as a gambit if it was needed. (The circling Imp suggested could be broken easily if you guys kept to it. Just kill the one who was supposed to track you. Or, as mentioned, Mafia doesn't ever do anything until town breaks, but that's boring and draining to morale. Not something I wanted with Fal's game coming up.)

Any critics for this game though? All trackers is a very silly idea.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2023, 12:36:21 pm »

Could’ve done with more vote counts, but other than that I thought it was good.

It was maybe a bit OP I could both kill and track at the same time, but I don’t think I’d ever do it to two different targets, as my playstyle does tend to draw attention. On the other hand, going into D2 without any information whatsoever would have been unpleasant, and I needed to remove one of Imp or Max, so not killing was not an option.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2023, 12:40:21 pm »

I found killing me very suspicious, but I'm not surprised nobody else did. I mentioned it in the spec chat... I think the only other one who would've done that in that case was Egan, who was just definitely town.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2023, 12:45:18 pm »

Cry... how could we have better supported you?
Maybe it helps to stop using a shorthand as cringy as Cry. :P
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16