Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: A Mischief of Birbs: Forgotten in the Night: Mafia Victory  (Read 8764 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Day 1 - Scatterbrains in the Trees (6/6)
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2023, 02:40:24 pm »

Well, the piece of information we’re missing is what else the scum can do in the night and how that works. So yeah, it could be scum!Imp trying to deceive the town into doing something that will actively hamper town, but it could just as easily be a mistake in reading the PM.

I was going to say what I thought of Tric’s interjection, but I’m not huge on using things out with the game to draw conclusions, but nothings stopping anyone else doing it.

A tracking circle still "works" in the sense that it can still be game-breaking
Mind chewing it up and spitting it out in a few brief sentences?
Infinite stalemate. Unless the scum have a means to beat tracking in the night or have to kill, there’s no reason for them to do anything other than track, and if nobody is being eliminated in the day… kafkaesque horror ensues.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2023, 02:43:24 pm »

The way I see it, Tric said "that won't work, and if it did work then I would adjust the setup". Not that the setup NEEDS to be adjusted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2023, 02:45:42 pm »

I say we stick to Imp's idea for tonight; there's still much we can gain from this ourobirdos inspection, even if the result is a day of confusing !!FUN!!  That's what this game is all about, remember?

So new plan.  I'm sorry, sof, you gave yourself away.  I'm glad you're gold though, I hope you enjoy it for the little time you have left.

Does everyone else see the reveal, or should I explain it?
If I say "yes, obviously it was because sof said 'for tonight', meaning that they don't truly want to commit to this gamebreaking plan", would you start posting again?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2023, 02:47:48 pm »

If I say "yes, obviously it was because sof said 'for tonight', meaning that they don't truly want to commit to this gamebreaking plan", would you start posting again?

If that is even something I'm waiting for, I confirm I'm also waiting/hoping for something(s) else too/instead.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2023, 02:51:49 pm »

Fine, but if you decide to cough up after I've already gone to bed I'll be displeased.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2023, 02:58:43 pm »

What's your unavailability schedule?

I note that game started approximately 5 hours ago, I think, so we have approximately 19 hours of day left.  We also have some folks not yet posted even once.  Which, 5 hours in is normal for many games! deadly for this one? not sure what to say about it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2023, 03:02:17 pm »

Given the day is 24 hours, it’s probably best to spit it out now. I, for one, have maybe three or four hours a day to dedicate solely to mafia, but that’s by foregoing other fun things, which I’d rather not have to do, and given how frequently slips turn into “slips”, I’d rather we sort it now and move away from critical analysis of a single post.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2023, 03:12:25 pm »

Imp

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2023, 03:14:08 pm »

Infinite stalemate. Unless the scum have a means to beat tracking in the night or have to kill, there’s no reason for them to do anything other than track, and if nobody is being eliminated in the day… kafkaesque horror ensues.

I have a dispensable eternity!  We can probably automate the nights and forego days altogether.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2023, 03:15:34 pm »

Votes so far:

Almost 1/3 of D1 has passed.  I see this as our vote count and voting statistics:

- Imp (1)- Egan, Max
- Egan_BW (0)-
- Maximum Spin (1)- sof
- Crystalizedmire (2)-
- Hecter13 (0)-
- sofanthiel (0)- imp
- No Lynch (0)-

Not voting: Cry, Hec

~18 hours remaining

Vote switches:
imp switched from sof to Hec to sof

Have never voted:  Cry, Hec

Imp 16
Egan 8
Max 4
Cry 0
Hec 3
sof 8

Working on a communicative post, not just a tracking one, next.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2023, 03:17:14 pm »

And vote count numbers are off, so correcting that briefly:

Almost 1/4 of D1 has passed.  I see this as our vote count and voting statistics:

- Imp (2)- Egan, Max
- Egan_BW (0)-
- Maximum Spin (1)- sof
- Crystalizedmire (0)-
- Hecter13 (0)-
- sofanthiel (1)- imp
- No Lynch (0)-

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2023, 03:19:12 pm »

- Crystalizedmire (2)-
Eh, I'll jump on the Crystal-wagon!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2023, 03:19:52 pm »

It's one of those rare days when Egan and I are in complete agreement. Well, that worked out in Fallacy's Horrible Cults, so I'll roll with it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2023, 03:20:11 pm »

Imp

I’m inclined to agree right now, but we’ll see what they say next. Not willing for L-1 just yet.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2023, 03:35:33 pm »

Explanation:

Imp interpreted 'track' from before play started as 'track alignment', aka inspect.  A decade ago I probably did learn the difference.  I've definitely played in a long ago game that had tracking happen, don't think I was ever a tracker.

My focus on what inspect meant mechanically was real, just incorrect.  I believed it totally until right after this post:

Please spell it out for me, at least!  That way, I can try to disprove such a surprisingly sudden revelation to the best of my abilities, haha.

Until then, the mention of track that Tric and sof made, I translated to 'synonym for inspect'.

After that, I was coming out of the corner, and getting unconfused and trying to think of a new strat to achieve my wincon based on newly understood facts.

However, I'm innocent about if the inspect situation I described works for tracking **at all**.  And I haven't thought that deeply about it yet, I actually was thinking about my inspect ideas/concerns for more than a day.  I didn't consider the track as track worked angle at all really, still haven't deeply considered it.

But at least one person did.  Tric.  Who reacted strongly.  Trying to ignore that, but it's hard.  I'm smart and I said a lot, I had a real (just totally off base) idea.

Ignoring that it shook Tric so bad that trick didn't say 'that's player playing, that's something a mod needs to get involved with' (And hrm... this isn't, post my realizing I messed up and getting over my instant 'wish I could just die from embarrassment'... this is potentially useful)... who else reacted and how?  Thus next is Evaluation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16