Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: A Mischief of Birbs: Forgotten in the Night: Mafia Victory  (Read 8750 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Day 2 - Slip a bird on the barbie (4/6)
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2023, 06:44:22 pm »

Most recent point I could make was where CM pointed out that scum!Egan might not necessarily action rationally. Which I'd already alluded to, but CM didn't quote me or anything. And earlier in day 1 where CM quoted Imp's post and more or less just wrote the same conclusion which was already in Imp's post.

Aha!  Egan, if you would entertain me.

How can I improve my play and interaction to better interact in mafia games with players similar to yourself?

What are some things I maybe could do differently, that might help me more successfully learn about players like you?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2023, 06:46:41 pm »

I'm seeing what I consider a trend of CrystalizedMire repeating observations that I or others have made without any real elaboration, but phrased as though they're original thoughts. Am I crazy or is this a form of active-lurking?
You're absolutely not crazy. I really want to contribute but none of my thoughts were original.
Egan posted somethings which includes them as a possible suspect:
Hey, a track-kill seems thematic for this game. Who knows what magical surprises tric has in store?
If you're scum, Egan, you're making really weird choices.
And do you think that scum!Egan tends to make rational and measured choices?
Though, since we're at melo, it is possible that these posts are a show made by scum!Egan

Hector and you are null to me. I have trouble absorbing Imp's long posts so I'll probably have missed a lot of scumtells.

Okay.  Is this the only thing that pops as scummy from Egan to you?

Hey, a track-kill seems thematic for this game. Who knows what magical surprises tric has in store?

I'm sorry my posts are hard to track.  What about others' posts?  Hec and I are null, really, with all that's happened?

What about no-lynch vs lynch Egan, since Hec and Imp are null?  Or better go with a null and why?

How do we move towards your wincon?  How are you moving towards your wincon?
It is the only thing that pops up as remotely scummy to me. Even then, I don't find Egan as all that scummy. My instincts tell me that Egan is town but thinking about it for any amount time comes to the conclusion that Egan may be scum. Hector and you comes off as null to me because I fail to find anything scummy about you two. I think a nolynch is a better option because this means that we have one more day to find scum.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2023, 06:53:32 pm »

It is the only thing that pops up as remotely scummy to me. Even then, I don't find Egan as all that scummy. My instincts tell me that Egan is town but thinking about it for any amount time comes to the conclusion that Egan may be scum. Hector and you comes off as null to me because I fail to find anything scummy about you two. I think a nolynch is a better option because this means that we have one more day to find scum.

If you were scum, who would your NK be this night, and why?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2023, 06:55:02 pm »

And second question, also for Cry:

If you're town, what are you doing to help town win?

Can you help me identify your scumhunting, your ideas, your reads, your efforts to help ensure you and your team wins?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2023, 06:57:02 pm »

I think a nolynch is a better option because this means that we have one more day to find scum.

But how would we use this day?

What can we do tomorrow that we can't do today?  Or what can we keep doing tomorrow that we can't do today?  What do we need tomorrow for, and why do it tomorrow instead of do it today?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2023, 07:08:26 pm »

I’m gonna third this pressure on CM ftm.

Egan gave town vibes D1, that’s not really changed D2.

Imp by rejecting my ill-thought out support for a track circle makes me feel a bit more comfortable with the idea of them being town.

PoE leaves CM, but we’ve got time. I’ll keep track of the thread but probably not say a whole lot for the next 5-6 hours.

PPE:
Most recent point I could make was where CM pointed out that scum!Egan might not necessarily action rationally. Which I'd already alluded to, but CM didn't quote me or anything. And earlier in day 1 where CM quoted Imp's post and more or less just wrote the same conclusion which was already in Imp's post.

How can I improve my play and interaction to better interact in mafia games with players similar to yourself?

What are some things I maybe could do differently, that might help me more successfully learn about players like you?

Probably a question+answer better left to the post-game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2023, 07:09:18 pm »

If you were scum, who would your NK be this night, and why?
Hector. They're the one that would arouse the least suspicions on me
And second question, also for Cry:

If you're town, what are you doing to help town win?

Can you help me identify your scumhunting, your ideas, your reads, your efforts to help ensure you and your team wins?
I reread the posts that were posted today but I can't form any reads that are reliable in any way.
I think a nolynch is a better option because this means that we have one more day to find scum.

But how would we use this day?

What can we do tomorrow that we can't do today?  Or what can we keep doing tomorrow that we can't do today?  What do we need tomorrow for, and why do it tomorrow instead of do it today?
Perhaps another chance at tracking down the killer.
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2023, 07:09:26 pm »

EBWOP I meant to say the Imp track-circle rejection wasn’t super strong evidence of them being town, but it’s better than the pro’s column for CM atm.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2023, 07:37:51 pm »

I'm a social sorcerer, not a social wizard. I can't really lay out a list or flowchart of actions to follow, I just do what feels best. Generally I think my play style is to watch and try to pick up on details and ask questions, but I'm not so good at forming a solid theory which I feel like pushing. Problem of doubt, but that can help you avoid closing yourself off to new options as information emerges.
When I see people talking past one another, I do my best to clear it up. I prefer to just go ahead and share information and see what happens rather than agonize over the right moment to do so.

When I've mafia, I do the same but try to guide discussion away from my team mates if I can. But I get pretty demoralized as scum after a couple rounds. Mafia is very tiring.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 08, 2023, 07:38:38 pm »

Also, who else IS like me?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2023, 08:18:11 pm »

Probably a question+answer better left to the post-game.

it's a great RVS and an even better out of game.

I'm pretty cosy with you being town, Hec.  If you're scum your wow good.

I'm semi-cosy with Egan being town.  If Egan's scum they're pretty awesome, but I do have some measurable doubts.

I don't have to worry about what my alignment is.

I was way cozier until Egan/Cry helped us notice that the scum likely track with kill.  Until them I was 'Kk, I know who my town mates are, now they just choose between me and Cry.'  Then I flipped out about what ifs and Egan.  But still, Egan looks pretty town, or really skilled scum.

Cry... I don't know how to get more out of.  I don't get a teammate feel.  I don't get an attempt for a town win.  I don't feel 'anything there' of town.  I don't even feel confusion and a wish they knew how to help town.

I felt very little town from Sof, and Sof died town.

But it's D2 and we may be done with discussion.

I do mind that I didn't question sof more.  My RVS-like questions to Egan are trying to question more now.  I tend to find flaws and attack; possibly something you were indicating when you mentioned my D1 lack of scumhunting.  I think I scumhunt pretty intensely, but it may not look like it - and also, I'd be doing nearly the same thing as scum, as best I could.

I'd like to question Egan more.  I prefer to use situations and reactions to determine intent.  That's why I wanted sof's head and why I don't want Hec's head now, despite wanting it badly earlier.

I don't know how to question Egan more, except oh, about how to question Egan?  Seems about right, and not easy to answer maybe if Egan's scum.  Seemed worth a try, and if town loses I'm going to kick myself harder if I hadn't.

Egan, thanks for the answers.  I don't think I'll learn more about your townieness or not this game.  I can't think of anything else to ask and I don't see Cry or Hec asking either.

But it looks like, unless Cry has more to add, that it's time to decide if we want to wrap up and hammer, or if we want to insist on a nolynch/tie and ensure we go to a D3 with, I expect, one less townie - or are there last minute anythings from anyone?  We have more than half the day left, but I bet we sleep for much of that, so discussion time gets thin.

I am pretty content with a Cry lynch.  If we lose and the scum's Egan, I'm uneasily impressed but say Egan earned it..  If the scum's Hec, I'm absolutely floored and say wow, Hec, you earned it (though when D2 started I was really sure of Hec being probable scum).

I'm also okay, but unsure why, to go to a D3.  If we wake up D3 and Cry's dead, that's someone scum showing off, I think.  Otherwise I think the choice is between Cry and the other person, for whichever two of us remain.

So, my vote is hammer Cry, as I think we're done talking.

But I vote with words, because others may not want the hammer, and I want to hear those words if there are any.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2023, 08:29:11 pm »

Probably for the best to wait and see what Cry says. Closing the day out now seems mostly appealing to someone who's scum and knows that Cry is townie, thus speedrunning to victory.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2023, 08:32:40 pm »

I try to not care if I look scummy or townie, as town or scum.  I move to a town win as best I can at all times.  Speed doesn't matter, except it means I take my focus back from the game and give it to other things.

I will be sure to be here and awake well before day end.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2023, 08:37:39 pm »

I honestly can't add much to the conversation. I can't defend myself without even looking scummier and I don't have any reads.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2023, 08:45:09 pm »

I honestly can't add much to the conversation. I can't defend myself without even looking scummier and I don't have any reads.

Cry.

If you die as town, your teammates, whoever they are, die with you.

Three of us are town.  If you are one of them - can you find it in yourself to rise up and help your teammates win?  Only scum need to defend themselves, right?

Do you feel a drive to save town, and any idea in that motivation how to do so?

For if you are town, your town dies with you.  I don't want to see that.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16