Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80629 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2595 on: January 01, 2024, 04:46:48 pm »

I would also like to know the specifics of the ability in question, mainly if it’s classed as a bus or a protect.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: January 01, 2024, 04:49:59 pm »

Max, what nights did you use this self bus/protect?
1, 2, 3. Esteemed webadict first, then Esteemed Lenglon, then you.

I would also like to know the specifics of the ability in question, mainly if it’s classed as a bus or a protect.
To the best of my knowledge, it's a protect, at least insofar as I asked Most Esteemed Fallacy whether it works if I break the post restriction and it definitely does not.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: January 01, 2024, 04:50:23 pm »

Hey, do you think I can normally target you when you're not vulnerable?

And did you mean to call that 'steam' thing a 'status'?
Right, it's an auto. I wasn't meaning to be specific, but I should have said "that my role is not immutable".

As long as not with a kill, you can presumably target me 100% of the time, yes. I tried to indicate that you could safely do so without giving too much away, when you asked the other day.

Thanks, just double checking, because I'd asked you then, and now is now.  I had considered that you might have to be targeted twice in a row to be targetable at all, but as the factors played out, Esteemed hector13 for my N4 target was the way to go, even with that maybe.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: January 01, 2024, 04:55:50 pm »

Max, what nights did you use this self bus/protect?
1, 2, 3. Esteemed webadict first, then Esteemed Lenglon, then you.

To the best of my knowledge, it's a protect, at least insofar as I asked Most Esteemed Fallacy whether it works if I break the post restriction and it definitely does not.

I would expect that not to work, then.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: January 01, 2024, 04:57:29 pm »

Not fully caught up on thread, just skimmed for anything directed at me.
I want your fullclaim so I can look for inconsistencies with previous claims and what we've seen happened. I recognize that it's annoying to type all that out, but I think it's a reasonable request given that you were caught in a contradiction yesterday and your role is really weird.
When did I get caught in any contradiction? My role is really weird, though, it's true.

Max, what's the nature of you being normally untargetable? Are you passively bussing yourself with people?
Yes. This is actually my protect action: I swap myself with a player and neither of us can be killed.

I protected Esteemed Jim Groovester night before last, yes, which means I brought this upon myself, making it worse. Last night I couldn't do this and was in fact fully targetable and killable, I just hoped nobody would notice.

Tonight, should I survive the day, I will be protecting Esteemed hector13, the apparently confirmed town. That's why I've decided to ask Esteemed Elephant Parade to roleblock Esteemed hector13. I know that sounds weird, but I already confirmed with Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist that this action (but not any other) takes place before a roleblock. Esteemed hector13 should be able to confirm not being roleblocked, hopefully nobody else gets roleblocked so it's obvious that it was in fact me, and then you can confirm me for the next day. If you can see when bombs get attached to people, that's even better since it will prove both that it worked on me and that my role can actually have statuses so you know I wasn't lying about the Esteem.

I'm currently inclined to lynch Esteemed ToonyMan for throwing random, poorly-thought-out mud on everyone, but out of the options that have votes now... well, I could do either, really, but I'm going to go with Esteemed Secretdorf.
I should have been clearer—you were caught in a contradiction with Lenglon yesterday, not a self-contradiction. I recall you claimed mirror or something on D1 and then claimed that was false, though.

I still would like you to claim ALL OF YOUR ABILITIES and ALL OF YOUR ACTIONS in one post. I know that's annoying but come on, man, you're a flavor cop/tracker with a free-action protect-bus, you know this stuff is hard to follow. I don't trust myself to compile your claims without getting mixed up somewhere.

I don't immediately see any holes in your plan to confirm your action tonight, though it'd use up my roleblock, which can confirm any player's action.

I also want ToonyMan dead for that (his NK theory was full of holes; I feel like he started from me and Jim being pirates and worked backward) but he can presumably be acted on directly so I want you dead more. In other words, I think you have more ways to throw a wrench in the works tonight. I would rather lynch scum than an SK, though.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: January 01, 2024, 04:59:21 pm »

I frankly don't see myself unvoting you unless you fullclaim or something crazy happens. I know you don't want to because it's annoying and you feel like you shouldn't have to, but come on, dude.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: January 01, 2024, 05:00:54 pm »

Esteemed Maximum Spin, If you protected Esteemed webadict N2, why didn’t you die in his place?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: January 01, 2024, 05:04:42 pm »

Never mind I just don’t know how to read anymore.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: January 01, 2024, 05:06:02 pm »

Esteemed Maximum Spin, If you protected Esteemed webadict N2, why didn’t you die in his place?

Yeah, this was said D3:

I have little of especial interest to say. I repeated my action and learned some flavorful things. I actually had also protected webadict n1 and clearly should have stuck to that, but I decided to try protecting someone else so let's imagine that it might have helped, at least.

Doesn't prove anything, but seems consistent to me with 'didn't protect that person N2'.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: January 01, 2024, 05:08:15 pm »

Hey, Esteemed Maximum Spin, this thing you stated here:

I think I'll choose Imp for a deal with God tonight.

Voice shakes E... Esteemed Maximum Spin, I never stopped fearing you.  I... I... I... claim to worship Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist and while I live, I actually 'deal' with that worthy night and day.  I hope it is your pleasure and intention to not be openly discussing what you said I'd never know about until it happened or I was dead.
It's not that kind of deal. Don't worry, God is Good.

is that something you can discuss, or is that just fluff and bluff?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: January 01, 2024, 05:13:37 pm »

By the way, I almost protected Esteemed Imp n2, and had made a comment to that effect at the time - very softclaimed, about "making a deal with God", because I had been listening to 80s music that day and had "Running Up That Hill" on my mind - which would presumably have resulted in me getting bussed with Esteemed webadict, possibly nobody dying(?), and me losing my role, so I'm glad I changed my mind.

I would expect that not to work, then.
Huh, so you are yourself immune to protects like you mentioned you can make others? That WOULD explain why "being immune to protects" is even a thing that makes sense to have in this game. Is anyone else game to try?

I should have been clearer—you were caught in a contradiction with Lenglon yesterday, not a self-contradiction. I recall you claimed mirror or something on D1 and then claimed that was false, though.
I didn't think of that as a contradiction - I didn't know for sure whom Esteemed Lenglon had targeted, I just knew that Esteemed BlackHeartKabal had to be one, for reasons I really still don't want to explain because I'm afraid of necromancy.

I still would like you to claim ALL OF YOUR ABILITIES and ALL OF YOUR ACTIONS in one post. I know that's annoying but come on, man, you're a flavor cop/tracker with a free-action protect-bus, you know this stuff is hard to follow. I don't trust myself to compile your claims without getting mixed up somewhere.
You know what, sure, I'm having dinner now and feel more amenable when I'm not in a hurry.
I have aforementioned protect-bus. I do agree I feel like this is a little much to be able to do for free, but I think the bus was supposed to be taken as a drawback.
I can also target a player or myself to observe actions taken BY or ON that player. I think the self-targeting is mainly to allow it to work well with my protect-bus. I find out the name, tags, and flavortext of the ability. I don't learn about factional mafiakills. I have, in the past, exaggerated exactly how much I know to try to get people to follow my gut, but, come on, you can't deny that it's worked.
I was able to use a second, stronger version of that that can do by AND on before, which also allowed me to use both at the same time, but I used up the shots. No, this didn't involve merging the players in any way, nor did I generally target the merged players.

n1, I targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed webadict (well, myself, but then bussed onto Esteemed webadict). n2, I targeted myself and Esteemed Lenglon (Esteemed Lenglon and myself) because I felt really sure I'd soak a kill and, since the previous turn I saw a non-factional kill, I figured there could be more so I might learn something useful again. n3, I was randomized by Esteemed hector13 - I just remembered and went back to put the Esteems in - but I believe I understand what happened; that was also the first night I could only target one player. Last night I targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten and learned the thing I said earlier which I'm not going to go back to my night PM to remember what it said but Esteemed The Canadian kitten confirmed it was right. By the way, Esteemed EuchreJack apparently used the protect power on either Esteemed Lenglon or me n2, that's why I wanted Esteemed The Canadian kitten to check up on that.

Ugh, more posts.
Never mind I just don’t know how to read anymore.
I assume you realized that was n1.

Hey, Esteemed Maximum Spin, this thing you stated here:

I think I'll choose Imp for a deal with God tonight.

Voice shakes E... Esteemed Maximum Spin, I never stopped fearing you.  I... I... I... claim to worship Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist and while I live, I actually 'deal' with that worthy night and day.  I hope it is your pleasure and intention to not be openly discussing what you said I'd never know about until it happened or I was dead.
It's not that kind of deal. Don't worry, God is Good.

is that something you can discuss, or is that just fluff and bluff?
I'm glad you mention that because that's exactly what I was talking about at the beginning of the page! I referenced a few different song lyrics that day because I was just feeling playful, and at that minute I'd just listened to a song, like I mentioned above, where you make a deal with God to swap places with someone. It made a lot of sense to me at the time. Most things I say do.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: January 01, 2024, 05:16:01 pm »

Beginning of the post*, sorry, distracted while eating :P

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: January 01, 2024, 05:24:31 pm »

I didn't think of that as a contradiction - I didn't know for sure whom Esteemed Lenglon had targeted, I just knew that Esteemed BlackHeartKabal had to be one, for reasons I really still don't want to explain because I'm afraid of necromancy.

You know what, sure, I'm having dinner now and feel more amenable when I'm not in a hurry.
I have aforementioned protect-bus. I do agree I feel like this is a little much to be able to do for free, but I think the bus was supposed to be taken as a drawback.
I can also target a player or myself to observe actions taken BY or ON that player. I think the self-targeting is mainly to allow it to work well with my protect-bus. I find out the name, tags, and flavortext of the ability. I don't learn about factional mafiakills. I have, in the past, exaggerated exactly how much I know to try to get people to follow my gut, but, come on, you can't deny that it's worked.
I was able to use a second, stronger version of that that can do by AND on before, which also allowed me to use both at the same time, but I used up the shots. No, this didn't involve merging the players in any way, nor did I generally target the merged players.

n1, I targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed webadict (well, myself, but then bussed onto Esteemed webadict). n2, I targeted myself and Esteemed Lenglon (Esteemed Lenglon and myself) because I felt really sure I'd soak a kill and, since the previous turn I saw a non-factional kill, I figured there could be more so I might learn something useful again. n3, I was randomized by Esteemed hector13 - I just remembered and went back to put the Esteems in - but I believe I understand what happened; that was also the first night I could only target one player. Last night I targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten and learned the thing I said earlier which I'm not going to go back to my night PM to remember what it said but Esteemed The Canadian kitten confirmed it was right. By the way, Esteemed EuchreJack apparently used the protect power on either Esteemed Lenglon or me n2, that's why I wanted Esteemed The Canadian kitten to check up on that.
I remembered you being extremely confident that BHK and Jim were targeted, but looking back, you did emphasize BHK more.

Thanks for claiming, seriously. I'll go over this for consistency later on.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: January 01, 2024, 05:28:25 pm »

I remembered you being extremely confident that BHK and Jim were targeted, but looking back, you did emphasize BHK more.
I knew I had bussed myself with Esteemed Jim Groovester so it would have made sense for Esteemed Lenglon to hit him. (It was also my assumption that I was the real merge target.) I also didn't want people thinking hard about how I knew that just yet, so I did kind of... enhance the truth a little, but I tried to be very clear on which one I was more sure about.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: January 01, 2024, 05:30:55 pm »

I knew I had bussed myself with Esteemed Jim Groovester so it would have made sense for Esteemed Lenglon to hit him. (It was also my assumption that I was the real merge target.) I also didn't want people thinking hard about how I knew that just yet, so I did kind of... enhance the truth a little, but I tried to be very clear on which one I was more sure about.
Fair enough.

Immediate question: when you said you don't learn about factional mafiakills, did you mean [Mafiakill] actions or the generic mafiakill?
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 207