Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80623 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2580 on: January 01, 2024, 04:03:43 pm »

I didn't say I was going to definitely kill Secretdorf last night. I chose not to because I didn't want to risk Imp dying if scum went for an Imp kill. I know this is my own doing, but I've been stuck in this position since after N2. I don't think I've submitted the same action so many times in one game.

It's a good reason why Imp wouldn't have inspected Secretdorf though since it would be double-dipping if I did go for it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 01, 2024, 04:05:20 pm »

At this moment I can't even predict my N5 target (presuming I live to N5) because the elimination is probably going to be a factor in that decision, from vote pattern to all else.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 01, 2024, 04:11:39 pm »

Somehow he keeps not getting redirected off of defending my life each night, or if he is, somehow I'm still not dying. That N2 swap certainly didn't redirect either.
Wild speculation:

If I had to guess nobody tried to kill you on N1 or N2.
BlackHeart marked you on N1 but it got removed, nobody probably tried to kill you.
I don't think anybody tried to kill you N2 either, which makes me believe someone (probably Max?) used a super-kill to silence Webadict so their superinspect would have no chance of revealing them as scum. However, my swap meant the superinspect was still in play via Imp.
Someone may have tried to kill you N3, or no kills happened because BlackHeart got role-blocked via shenanigans thanks to Lenglon. If a superkill happened on N2 it was probably only a one-shot as a superkill every night would be broken.
Probably nobody tried to kill you on N4. Again though, whatever way Webadict was killed on N2 was likely spent for good, and they'd have to hope you didn't inspect them. If Jim and Elephant were scum I would be sweating most of this game. Maybe points in their favor since they have seemed pretty open to inspection on D4.

At this moment I can't even predict my N5 target (presuming I live to N5) because the elimination is probably going to be a factor in that decision, from vote pattern to all else.
Inspect who you feel is most suspicious.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: January 01, 2024, 04:16:37 pm »

Also, I would still like to hear NQT's N4 results via Canadian Deadcat.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: January 01, 2024, 04:20:58 pm »

I think we’ve got a 50% shot of hitting someone bad if we lynch within Esteemed The Canadian kitten, Esteemed ToonyMan, Esteemed Secretdorf, and Esteemed Maximum Spin.

We should give Esteemed Secretdorf a deadline to trigger their vengekill thing, otherwise I’m for lynching them.

There are at least two baddies in play, one did the kill, and one redirected Esteemed The Canadian kitten, or Esteemed The Canadian kitten is lying about their result/action.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 01, 2024, 04:21:35 pm »

Though if Esteemed The Canadian kitten is lying, it’s probably just them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 01, 2024, 04:28:26 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Maximum Spin     --2-- The Canadian kitten*, Elephant Parade*,
Imp                 --1-- Lenglon*,
Secretdorf          --1-- Imp*,
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Lenglon             --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --10-- hector13*, Jim Groovester, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, ToonyMan,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on December 30, 2023 at 18:00 Central Standard Time (-45 hours and -29 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 01, 2024, 04:29:47 pm »

Also, I would still like to hear NQT's N4 results via Canadian Deadcat.

Well, Esteemed notquitethere is active on the forum recently/currently.  No idea if they're also active in the deadchat.  But perhaps we find out before day end.

I'd also like to know Esteemed notquitethere's results!

Though if Esteemed The Canadian kitten is lying, it’s probably just them.

mmm, yeah.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten!

I'd like to discuss with you if you're open to being one of the people I consider targeting tonight for the basic inspect.  You're a low probability target for me, but if you can be a target you probably should have a choice so you can decide if to target me or not.

Failing that - do we want to ask Esteemed The Canadian kitten to target me?  If I use a kill, or target them, I die (if Esteemed ToonyMan can't save me from that, presuming they're trying).  Now, I can't be redirected, though Esteemed The Canadian kitten probably could be, but since I can't be forced to target them, if they do successfully target me I die if I use a kill that time.

I lean towards wanting anti-town to consider spending redirects on sending Esteemed The Canadian kitten at me, hoping to catch me taking a peek back at them.  I would eventually need to inspect that worthy, if we get that far.  But whatcha think?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 01, 2024, 04:31:29 pm »

@Fallacyofurist: By default, what happens to stolen votes when the original owner dies?
The votes are still stolen. They don't magically vanish or anything like that.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 01, 2024, 04:32:08 pm »

Not fully caught up on thread, just skimmed for anything directed at me.
I want your fullclaim so I can look for inconsistencies with previous claims and what we've seen happened. I recognize that it's annoying to type all that out, but I think it's a reasonable request given that you were caught in a contradiction yesterday and your role is really weird.
When did I get caught in any contradiction? My role is really weird, though, it's true.

Max, what's the nature of you being normally untargetable? Are you passively bussing yourself with people?
Yes. This is actually my protect action: I swap myself with a player and neither of us can be killed.

I protected Esteemed Jim Groovester night before last, yes, which means I brought this upon myself, making it worse. Last night I couldn't do this and was in fact fully targetable and killable, I just hoped nobody would notice.

Tonight, should I survive the day, I will be protecting Esteemed hector13, the apparently confirmed town. That's why I've decided to ask Esteemed Elephant Parade to roleblock Esteemed hector13. I know that sounds weird, but I already confirmed with Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist that this action (but not any other) takes place before a roleblock. Esteemed hector13 should be able to confirm not being roleblocked, hopefully nobody else gets roleblocked so it's obvious that it was in fact me, and then you can confirm me for the next day. If you can see when bombs get attached to people, that's even better since it will prove both that it worked on me and that my role can actually have statuses so you know I wasn't lying about the Esteem.

I'm currently inclined to lynch Esteemed ToonyMan for throwing random, poorly-thought-out mud on everyone, but out of the options that have votes now... well, I could do either, really, but I'm going to go with Esteemed Secretdorf.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: January 01, 2024, 04:36:42 pm »

and that my role can actually have statuses so you know I wasn't lying about the Esteem.

Hey, do you think I can normally target you when you're not vulnerable?

And did you mean to call that 'steam' thing a 'status'?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: January 01, 2024, 04:37:53 pm »

Cause, dun dun dun... yeah.

I got it N1, when I got... and lost... a status.

Fairly big part of the storyline that... steam ain't a status.

Least the version of this game I've been livin' in.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 01, 2024, 04:39:30 pm »

Hey, do you think I can normally target you when you're not vulnerable?

And did you mean to call that 'steam' thing a 'status'?
Right, it's an auto. I wasn't meaning to be specific, but I should have said "that my role is not immutable".

As long as not with a kill, you can presumably target me 100% of the time, yes. I tried to indicate that you could safely do so without giving too much away, when you asked the other day.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: January 01, 2024, 04:41:10 pm »

Cause, dun dun dun... yeah.

I got it N1, when I got... and lost... a status.

Fairly big part of the storyline that... steam ain't a status.

Least the version of this game I've been livin' in.
I have previously said this, yes, and referred to it by name. This isn't a slip. If it was, though, you would have just blown it by giving away the answer right away, easily allowing me to cover for myself. I actually wrote my response above before your new post had come in, but if I had seen it first, I could have just lied and said the same thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: January 01, 2024, 04:44:02 pm »

Max, what nights did you use this self bus/protect?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 207