Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80578 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2610 on: January 01, 2024, 05:34:00 pm »

Immediate question: when you said you don't learn about factional mafiakills, did you mean [Mafiakill] actions or the generic mafiakill?
The generic mafiakill, because it isn't a "real" ability. I do learn about [Mafiakill] actions - Esteemed Egan_BW's was one - so be warned if you have one of those. :P

I also can't confirm whether there actually is any generic mafiakill, because I asked Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, he didn't volunteer the information to me; but if there is one, I wouldn't see it. I did consider that there may be a special-kills-only mafia instead.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 01, 2024, 05:35:29 pm »

I figured that was what you meant for exactly that reason, but I thought I might as well try to catch you out on it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 01, 2024, 05:37:02 pm »

I feel almost offended when people do that. Even if I were lying, I'm a better liar than that!

Anyway, I'm going to be AFK for another while.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 01, 2024, 05:39:58 pm »

n1, I targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed webadict (well, myself, but then bussed onto Esteemed webadict). n2, I targeted myself and Esteemed Lenglon (Esteemed Lenglon and myself) because I felt really sure I'd soak a kill and, since the previous turn I saw a non-factional kill, I figured there could be more so I might learn something useful again. n3, I was randomized by Esteemed hector13 - I just remembered and went back to put the Esteems in - but I believe I understand what happened; that was also the first night I could only target one player. Last night I targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten and learned the thing I said earlier which I'm not going to go back to my night PM to remember what it said but Esteemed The Canadian kitten confirmed it was right. By the way, Esteemed EuchreJack apparently used the protect power on either Esteemed Lenglon or me n2, that's why I wanted Esteemed The Canadian kitten to check up on that.

Could you be a little clearer about the bus protect and your flavor inspection targeting, and why your number of inspect targets seem to be dropping?

Can you explain why you had 2 'non-self' inspect targets N1, but only 1 non-self inspect targets N2, and then N3 you only had one randomized not self target?  Or what else are you explaining?

And N4, could you have targeted two for the flavor inspection?

I'm really just not seeing sense about what you're claiming about targeting numbers and stuff with that.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 01, 2024, 05:43:33 pm »

@Max:
I'm going to be extra pedantic and request role name and name of abilities too.

I'm about to watch more One Piece so I'll be back later.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 01, 2024, 05:44:01 pm »

He could also have targeted me last night which would explain the SK result for Esteemed The Canadian kitten.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 01, 2024, 05:46:23 pm »

He could also have targeted me last night which would explain the SK result for Esteemed The Canadian kitten.
That would make perfect sense. MS's story checks out to me so far but it requires him to be the victim of at least two horrible coincidences, which I find less plausible than him just being an SK.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 01, 2024, 05:47:49 pm »

Well, I guess targeting the merged players twice is only one coincidence if you take the first time as happenstance. You get what I mean.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 01, 2024, 05:51:26 pm »

I was pretty skeptical about the vote steal target coincidence too.  I do understand every coincidence is its own thing.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 01, 2024, 07:12:01 pm »

Hey Maximum Spin, I need some clarification:

I have aforementioned protect-bus. I do agree I feel like this is a little much to be able to do for free, but I think the bus was supposed to be taken as a drawback.
I can also target a player or myself to observe actions taken BY or ON that player. I think the self-targeting is mainly to allow it to work well with my protect-bus. I find out the name, tags, and flavortext of the ability. I don't learn about factional mafiakills. I have, in the past, exaggerated exactly how much I know to try to get people to follow my gut, but, come on, you can't deny that it's worked.
I was able to use a second, stronger version of that that can do by AND on before, which also allowed me to use both at the same time, but I used up the shots. No, this didn't involve merging the players in any way, nor did I generally target the merged players.

n1, I targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed webadict (well, myself, but then bussed onto Esteemed webadict). n2, I targeted myself and Esteemed Lenglon (Esteemed Lenglon and myself) because I felt really sure I'd soak a kill and, since the previous turn I saw a non-factional kill, I figured there could be more so I might learn something useful again. n3, I was randomized by Esteemed hector13 - I just remembered and went back to put the Esteems in - but I believe I understand what happened; that was also the first night I could only target one player. Last night I targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten and learned the thing I said earlier which I'm not going to go back to my night PM to remember what it said but Esteemed The Canadian kitten confirmed it was right. By the way, Esteemed EuchreJack apparently used the protect power on either Esteemed Lenglon or me n2, that's why I wanted Esteemed The Canadian kitten to check up on that.
I take it that when you used your combined watch/follow, you could watch and follow separate people. I also take it that on N1, you watched NQT and followed webadict (since you caught someone actioning NQT). Finally, I assume that on N2, you watched yourself and followed Lenglon, since the opposite wouldn't make much sense. That leaves me with one point of clarification and one thing I really don't understand:

1. On N3, did you watch or follow? I know you were randomized, but who was your original target?
2. You watched NQT N1. On N1, NQT was merged. Why didn't you see the merge happen?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 01, 2024, 07:12:25 pm »

Might be coming down on something, might miss questions, also too much imp posts about the posting restriction

From NQT
I think the merger must be Jim, though it could be Max.
Mafia    Claim
BlackHeartKabal:    Blocked Imp
Egan_BW:    Killed NQT, merged to Sofa
sofanthiel:    ?

Dead Town
webadict:    Roleblocked by Egan's kill on NQT
notquitethere:    Followed EP
Knightwing64:    Tried to steal Web's inspect

Weren't Merging
Imp:    Blocked by BHK
Lenglon:    Tracked Hector to Imp
Crystalizedmire:    Targeted Hector but was roleblocked
Elephant Parade:    Bombed Crystal

Probably weren't merging
Secretdorf:    Did 'nothing'
hector13:    "Blessed" Imp
The Canadian kitten:    RB'd visiting Sofa (probably due to Egan's Broken Door effect
ToonyMan:    Protected/blessed Imp

Could Be Merging
Maximum Spin:    Maybe doing something active to discover about Egan

Most likely merging:
Jim Groovester:    Stole Sof-NQT Vote
I might be missing a claim here, but I think I've accounted for all the blocks: they were mostly due to a side-effect of Egan's mafiakill interacting with the merge.
Also from Web: (paraphrase) "Stop talking to imp because they don't want to cooperate, and if they don't listen to hector, they are throwing the game"
Web: I trust Imp is Town, and I know that's weird, but I don't have any reason not to

will do answering questions after this

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 01, 2024, 07:18:42 pm »

I know Jim isn't the merger because we're masonbuddies, but if I take the View from Nowhere, he still doesn't look like the merger to me because he has a confirmed action N1. Yes, said action was stealing the mergees' votes, but even a hypothetical combo merge/vote-steal action doesn't explain why neither of the other presumed merges had their votes stolen (though I suppose we should ask FoU whether it's possible to steal a vote from a banished player).

Funnily enough, Jim and I have our own breakdown of who the merger should be, but I'm waiting for MS to pin down his N3 action, just in case.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 01, 2024, 07:24:03 pm »

I disagree with NQT's analysis in some other places but again, I'm waiting on MS.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 01, 2024, 07:27:42 pm »

Right, well, I’m lazy, so my plan for the day is to let you guys do whatever you’re doing and have Esteemed Secretdorf do violence to either Esteemed ToonyMan or Esteemed Maximum Spin, and then we collectively do violence to the other one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 01, 2024, 07:29:32 pm »

I'm not sure Secretdorf is willing to play ball, unfortunately, helpful as that would be. At least, last they said they weren't planning on it.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 207