Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79901 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1740 on: December 28, 2023, 08:30:28 pm »

This doesn’t explain Esteemed Crystalizedmire being banished again.
A certain individual seems to have made it possible for the dead to act.

If that was me and known to have happened because of me - I have no idea what is going on.

That power empowered only the Esteemed EuchreJack, locked to him, to take night actions.  We would need someone who could change the dead, and knew how to change them, to mess with that.

There was a terrible price, one I was dreading how to discuss, however it only happens when the person with that item dies and when that death happens, everyone is informed.  That is part of the item.

I confirm it is an item, it is complex, but while its possessor lives, it frees a certain player that should only be Esteemed EuchreJack to take night actions. Stuff I define as 'bad stuff' happens when the person with that item dies, however... it's perfectly fine and I'm glad if Alignment Mafia have that item, that's absolutely ideal - but they couldn't get it from my corpse because the moment the person with the item dies, the price happens.

If someone successfully stole it from me and I wasn't told, and thought it and my other item(s) disappeared because of the apparent role change:

1) We have not seen that item's bearer die.  We would.  That is woven in, in a big way.
2) It potentially harms every alignment except the one that died with the item.
3) Until the bearer dies, it only empowers one specific player, which I believe can only possibly be the Esteemed EuchreJack.
4) I have no idea if that item is in play or what may have happened to it.  Its bearer is 'its safe harbor' and it isn't clear what happens when there is no longer safe harbor for that item.

I cannot confirm what happened to the 'missing' parts of my role, including that and other items.  Some of them were or may be autonomous.  Some of them were certain to continue to take effect after my death, I even asked about and was told what others who were somehow continuously watching me might see after my death happened.  I didn't die.  I have no idea what is going on with those items, all I can do is 'don't worry about it'.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: December 28, 2023, 08:31:48 pm »

EBWOP

Big error here:

2) It potentially helps every alignment except the one that died with the item.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: December 28, 2023, 08:34:16 pm »

Yeah. Step one is the thing you’re worried about. You have enough information to figure out step two, to be perfectly honest.
To be perfectly honest, 1) yes I got the thing, 2) no I don't want it, 3) get it off me get it off me get it off me, 4) you can't even do that because I can't be targeted normally, 5) this sucks ( and 6) you probably can't even upgrade it to unkillability because I can't be targeted normally, right? If I do have enough information, I'm much too annoyed about this to figure out how it works)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: December 28, 2023, 08:38:39 pm »

Being calm and kind, which makes you an unstoppable force in relation to your target or whatever since I can’t be bothered checking Esteemed webadict’s flip.

Thank you.  I have asked the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist to confirm, and yes, if I don't break my calm and kind nature, my targets cannot be redirected even if they otherwise would be.  My understanding is, if my action happens, I do not miss.

To my understanding, I did not break my calm and kind post restriction.

I believe we can consider the Esteemed notquitethere to be confirmed town, unless you wish to consider that I may be anti-town.

I'ma point out, if I was anti-town, my day game would have eaten you all by now, unless the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist stepped in, as that worthy absolutely could because my original day game goes through that Most Worthy's interpretation.  But that's why I was begging my head off to protect me from conversion, because I think I could easily destroy town with what I had, and being town meant I really didn't want that to happen.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: December 28, 2023, 08:43:41 pm »

Yeah. Step one is the thing you’re worried about. You have enough information to figure out step two, to be perfectly honest.
To be perfectly honest, 1) yes I got the thing, 2) no I don't want it, 3) get it off me get it off me get it off me, 4) you can't even do that because I can't be targeted normally, 5) this sucks ( and 6) you probably can't even upgrade it to unkillability because I can't be targeted normally, right? If I do have enough information, I'm much too annoyed about this to figure out how it works)

I got redirected, presumably. My question was answered, it would say I targeted Esteemed Jim Groovester if I got redirected.

Step 2 isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. There’s no penalty beyond what it says to not sticking to the restriction, which may be a problem for you, sorry.

I suppose the question can be asked why I was redirected to you with what I said was a kill immunity, but maybe the scum were more interested in the randomised target part given how much trouble you appear to be causing them.

PPE: so we know Esteemed notquitethere is town, hopefully we can determine Esteemed The Canadian kitten’s limitations so we can say Esteemed Secretdorf is town and work from there.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: December 28, 2023, 08:44:10 pm »

This doesn’t explain Esteemed Crystalizedmire being banished again.
A certain individual seems to have made it possible for the dead to act.

I really believe that we would know, without any shadow of a doubt, if the item that allowed the Esteemed EuchreJack act again, had instead been turned to evil's use - evil being defined by the alignment of the person dying with it.

There's two possible deaths that could set it off so it could enable Esteemed sofanthiel to act from death the next night -

Esteemed Webadict's, who died without the item and the item didn't show its broken free power.  However, that method of death could have enabled Esteemed sofanthiel to again act, that one next night.
Esteemed sofanthiel, who died without the item, and the item didn't show its broken free power.  However, that method of death could not have enabled Esteemed sofanthiel to act again, ever, period.

A third possibility:

The great ship has no port, and is not actually gone, and I have no idea what it is doing, what rules now control it, and what might be going on, 'on the other side'.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: December 28, 2023, 08:44:48 pm »

so we can say Esteemed Secretdorf is town and work from there.

Can you help me understand why you are so interested in us saying the Esteemed Secretdorf is town?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: December 28, 2023, 08:45:37 pm »

so we can say Esteemed Secretdorf is town and work from there.

Can you help me understand why you are so interested in us saying the Esteemed Secretdorf is town?

Esteemed The Canadian kitten said as much, and didn’t die and revive in the night as they did when they inspected Esteemed sofanthiel.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: December 28, 2023, 08:46:16 pm »

The only issue I have is how that interacts with roles like Millers and Godfathers.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: December 28, 2023, 08:48:00 pm »

Max: You seem to have deduced my night results accurately. I'd wanted to wait to share for the same reasons I waited on D2. You said this broke the game open, but I haven't taken the time to map out everyone else's night results yet. What have you discovered?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: December 28, 2023, 08:54:12 pm »

Step 2 isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. There’s no penalty beyond what it says to not sticking to the restriction, which may be a problem for you, sorry.
Well, I have been protecting people right along. I'm not entirely clear on whether my protection qualifies as an "action" (I mentioned before that it's passive), but I'm trying to stick within the limits of the requirement anyway. That said, it turns out I really hate having to speak in a defined way, so, as you can see, I've just been referring to everyone elliptically instead.

By the way, if you were wondering, yes, being redirected to me is one way to get around my own defenses.

Max: You seem to have deduced my night results accurately. I'd wanted to wait to share for the same reasons I waited on D2. You said this broke the game open, but I haven't taken the time to map out everyone else's night results yet. What have you discovered?
Nothing. Maybe I was a little overeager. My chain of deduction was thus: You previously claimed an ability which detects whether someone is in a chat, and I saw that exactly such an ability was used last night, so I infer that's what you did. You said you received two different results, so it stands to reason one of them was "yes, is in a chat", since there are only two possible answers to that. So if we could figure out who you hit, that would "break the game open" because we would definitely have a guilty verdict on one party (and an innocent verdict on another, which is also pretty good). That was probably a little bit of an overstatement, sorry, I was just a little excitable.
Unfortunately, I don't know who you hit, so I can't actually give you anything good, but I assume it must have been an instance of the "player fusion" we've seen so far. If the highly esteemed man who guards the toons is right, that would be one logical possibility for who it could have been, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: December 28, 2023, 08:59:41 pm »

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist did say it isn’t super strict, but I did get the impression not to take the piss about it.

You’d probably be best speaking to him about it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: December 28, 2023, 09:01:09 pm »

So you weren't told that not following that restriction would prevent you from using kills or protects?

Esteemed Maximum Spin:

I was informed, shown the full ability, as I expect you see it.

As of D2, when I informed I received the ability, I had at that time no kills or protects and was mostly sure I wouldn't gain any for use N3 (but potentially could later)

That meant, to me, I could break it freely D2, and lose what I don't have N3, and then decide D3 if I want to follow it D3 (I could have gained some number of kills or protects, potentially, though I wasn't trying to) so I could use them D4, if I had them.

Despite my openly saying 'this doesn't matter to me' - the Esteemed hector13 told us all this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will explain this about why I am still following it:

I don't know what happened to my original role, except the name.  I know the name is dead.  But what about the rest?

I honor myself, just in case.  That is my choice, my freedom, my power, and I use it.  Just in case.  I don't worry about it, just do it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: December 28, 2023, 09:04:45 pm »

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist did say it isn’t super strict, but I did get the impression not to take the piss about it.

You’d probably be best speaking to him about it.

I note I have repeatedly referred to people in an elliptical fashion, and was not informed if that was a problem.

I can understand and follow how the Esteemed Maximum Spin is directing attention.  I understand it and don't personally myself view it as a break of the ruleset, however I am certain that the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist can be asked about indirect indications.  From the original post:

Exact wording really, truly matters, and subtle details can help or hinder you, so be aware of them.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: December 28, 2023, 09:13:43 pm »

The only issue I have is how that interacts with roles like Millers and Godfathers.

We have seen already:

Pirate King (Town)
(Innate, Auto) King of the Pirates: The title is pretty self-explanatory - you’re the freest pirate of all seven seas! You alignment inspect as a Pirate, and have a private Piratechat. Before the first Day ends, you must submit the names of three living players other than you. Once the first Day ends, all three of those players are added to your Piratechat, but they also alignment inspect as a Pirate, as long as you are alive.
(Night) King’s Orders [target][choice]: You won’t tolerate any mutiny. If your target does not target your chosen player this Night, you are informed. This is a Free action if used on a member of the Piratechat.
(Night) King’s Protection [target]: You keep safe those precious to you. You protect your target from kills. This is a Free action if used on a member of the Piratechat.
(Item, Auto) King’s Crown: A pristine top hat. When the player with the role ‘Pirate King’ dies, this Item becomes ‘King’s Legacy’.
(Reference, Item, Auto) King’s Legacy: A ragged top hat. You have an additional vote, and you may use King’s Orders as though it was part of your role.
(Reference, Modifier) Item: A player with an Item ability may give it to any player they share a private chat with. This is done during the Day, and resolves at the end of the Day.

Reaoh (Mafia)
(Auto) Corrupted Domain: Something’s gone terribly wrong. You alignment inspect as Town. Players targeted by Tainted Power alignment inspect as your choice of Town, Mafia, Pirate, or Hunter during that Night.
(Night) Tainted Power [target][choice(delayed)]: The freedom you grant is inverted. Your target may make an additional action the next Night. On that Night, you may choose a player - the primary target of their actions is redirected to your choice.
(Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

I also stated, D1, and not knowing I potentially lied, that I inspect as town.  My original role was town, but had no information about how it inspected as (but at that moment, as far as I knew I'd inspect as town, because I was town, and others had made claims about their inspecting incorrectly.

Since we have the Esteemed Webadict's inspection in play, and have already seen two people's roleflips that would have inspected 'incorrectly', why is anyone rushing to say 'that person was inspected, we know they are for sure what they appear to be inspected as'?

I calmly and kindly think that's really unwise and don't understand how anyone but anti-town can think that, can anyone help me understand how this is fine to believe?

I do believe Esteemed Webadict's inspection is certain, though, when used properly.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 207