Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79948 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1485 on: December 26, 2023, 12:01:00 am »

One might consider the stakes first, no?

On one hand, how much I trust you, (which is?) and what I can confirm of the claims you have made (which is?).  On the other, the risks (which are?).  There's other stakes.  But I do not know what to say, or think.  You do, do you?

The only thing that’s bothering you is my motivation, and there are other ways to divine that than how it relates to you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 26, 2023, 12:02:31 am »

I've returned a bit from winter holidays.

First reads list
Second reads list
Third reads list (sort of)

My current thoughts:

Town
Imp - I'm very confident Imp is town, I strongly recommend they inspect a player they find suspicious tonight while staying calm and nice

Leantown
Knightwing - currently missing, maybe because of Crystal? pretty sure they're town
Lenglon - they've soft-cleared me as town on N2 and I think their track action on N1 is probably legit, could be scum but not seeing it right now
Canadian Kitten - they're probably town, or at least not Mafia since they've been spending the game trying to catch Mafia, I need to know Sofanthiel's flip to understand better
Jim - I didn't like that Jim had this mysterious additional third vote because why would someone keep quiet about that, but now it looks like Secretdorf has them? Could be scum, but I'm giving benefit of the doubt for now. My least confident of the leantowns.

The Neutral Box
Ambivalence
BlackHeart - I think they're probably not mafia, but I think it's very scummy how they didn't claim the N1 role-block on Imp during D2, but this could just be a player thing. Their claims line up with what we know and now two more players have been Marked by Death. Couldn't do anything on N2 because NQT role-blocked them.
Max - I highly doubt they're Mafia with Egan since they just completely stepped over them on D2. However, I have a hard time trusting Max when it feels like he has all the cards in his hand. His play is pretty on point and not someone worth voting currently.
Hector - I think they're been okay. I don't know if I trust them more or less than Max. I think I trust them...less, but not worth voting at least.

Indifference
Secretdorf - I don't have strong feelings, has all the Jim votes now? I think they're completely wrong to suspect Imp.
Crystalmire - Don't know, I think they're probably why themselves and Knightwing are missing? Shadow Realm makes me think "Yugioh".
Elephant Parade - They're bombing people? I don't have feelings one way or the other on their alignment.

Suspicious
NQT - I don't think it's likely they're with Egan because I think that would mean Egan would have tried to kill NQT on N1, unless some dumb trick that backfired was involved. I think it's fairly possible they're the one that blocked Webadict on N1 and are lying. I don't see them as being capital M Mafia, but their actions are suspicious and still worth looking into. It's possible they're also responsible for Webadict's death on N2 (being still afraid of the inspect), but this would mean their team had a way to circumvent my bus because they wouldn't have targeted Imp. This feels possible to me that this scum team used a superkill, because I don't understand why you'd try to kill Imp on N2. If NQT is town I don't feel great about Max I think.

Very Suspicious
Sofanthiel - Won't help town, acting the same as Egan the previous day. The Canadian Kitten probably caught them on N2, which only seems more sure when Sofantheil won't cooperate. I think it's very likely they're a capital M Mafia with Egan.

Will keep looking at the game...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 26, 2023, 12:08:48 am »

I might have mixed up Secretdorf and Blackheart when talking about suspecting Imp.

In either case I think it's incorrect to suspect Imp.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 26, 2023, 12:08:53 am »

Jim - I didn't like that Jim had this mysterious additional third vote because why would someone keep quiet about that, but now it looks like Secretdorf has them? Could be scum, but I'm giving benefit of the doubt for now. My least confident of the leantowns.

Hey, weirdness in votes.

D2 Esteemed notquitethere had no vote, but has it D3.  Whatever Esteemed Jim Groovester does to take vote(s) does not last?

D2 Esteemed Sofanthiel had a vote, but does not have it D3.

Esteemed Jim Groovester exclaimed about wanting that Esteemed Sofanthiel vote and says someone needs to fess up about what was done to him last night.  However, did not say that it had to do with votes (unclear if it does).

I am concerned about the claims made by Esteemed Secretdorf, would you please look over here where I list them?  If you pay attention to the actual vote count too, I accidentally put Esteemed Jim Groovester instead of Esteemed Maximum Spin as voting, otherwise all seems correct, but that shows the claims and numbers.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 26, 2023, 12:10:59 am »

Also, Esteemed Secretdorf has two extra votes today (hoarded from the 1 excess from the D2 hammer, where 3-vote person hammered to +1 from needed kill number?   Esteemed Secretdorf does claim to be able to hoard votes) and I am concerned about collusion, possibly Esteemed sofanthiel wants to die today for a useful reason, like buddy  Esteemed Secretdorf keeps the vote if it can't be given back.  I am guessing and concerned.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 26, 2023, 12:13:31 am »

BlackHeart - I think they're probably not mafia, but I think it's very scummy how they didn't claim the N1 role-block on Imp during D2, but this could just be a player thing. Their claims line up with what we know and now two more players have been Marked by Death. Couldn't do anything on N2 because NQT role-blocked them.

Claim is much more complex.  This player claims that any 'living' player that visits them at all prevents them from taking any action that night, and the visitor gains the Marked By Death status.  Which, when this player dies, lets them name a player and if the player has a Marked By Death status, the player is one shot.  Most useful for visited players, as has to potentially guess about who visited.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 26, 2023, 12:14:48 am »

@Imp:
Can you explain specifically what is scummy about Secretdorf? I don't really follow.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 26, 2023, 12:18:32 am »

@Imp:
BlackHeart has a vengekill he can use on a player Marked by Death when he dies, right? I think that's a believable claim. I've also read his posts and can follow his logic. I think not claiming on D2 is scummy, but his others actions (such as suspecting Jack, or targeting you Imp on N1) makes sense from their POV.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 26, 2023, 12:19:06 am »

Elephant Parade - They're bombing people? I don't have feelings one way or the other on their alignment.

I'm highly okay with who they are bombing though.  So far, Esteemed CrystalizedMire and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, which while not my most concerned-about players, are up there up there and I view as reasonable targets.

Bombs and their other claims and observations:
My themes are vanilla power roles and military hardware.
I nearly forgot to ask: Crystalizedmire, why did you wait to claim being blocked and bombed?
EP, and, again, what does the bomb do? Should we be worried about it taking loads of other people out?
In case you missed it:
EBWOP: None of those words mean anything to me. The bomb will kill CM if a certain condition is met; revealing that condition right now would not be in the interest of Town.
No, it won't kill anyone else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1494 on: December 26, 2023, 12:26:47 am »

EP, and, again, what does the bomb do? Should we be worried about it taking loads of other people out?
In case you missed it:
EBWOP: None of those words mean anything to me. The bomb will kill CM if a certain condition is met; revealing that condition right now would not be in the interest of Town.
No, it won't kill anyone else.
@Imp:
Can you explain specifically what is scummy about Secretdorf? I don't really follow.

Okay.  In order:

One, two, three,

And D3 stuff which I step into here.  I mean this though, I am deeply concerned:

I have a theory that the Esteemed Secretdorf and friends are scum and working very hard to get the extra votes they need to win.  I think the Esteemed Sofanthiel is very willingly helping ensure this, and that the banishing may be part of it - if not, it's being gleefully used.

Would more experienced and capable players please get involved in an effective and useful way to help sort this out?
Right now, to this newbie's eyes and evaluation, we lynch the Esteemed Secretdorf today, or we lose.  This looks like direct, nearly unstoppable goal seeking behavior from capable scum who think they are one move from winning.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 26, 2023, 12:28:37 am »

@Imp:
BlackHeart has a vengekill he can use on a player Marked by Death when he dies, right?

I'm not sure venge-kill is the perfect thing to call it.  He says doesn't know who targets him (helps if they tell him, surely), he says he has to pick who to target, so he's likely to pick who he targeted, not quite his targetter.  Otherwise, yes as far as I understand the claims.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 26, 2023, 12:30:51 am »

The puzzle of the extra vote.  Esteemed Secretdorf, explain your mention of vote hording and your other vote weirdness.
Ah! the puzzle of the extra vote. That is one I am too dim to figure out. But I can explain my vote hoarding. As I said, if the eliminated person has 7 or less votes at the end of the day, I gain another vote. If I fulfill another player's call for a votecount, I gain another vote. If both conditions are seen to everyday, I get 2 votes daily. That's why I said I could have 6(2×3) votes after D3. Morever, I can steal somebody's vote. It is a temporary bonus... unless the theft victim dies the next day, in which case I gain the stolen votes permanently. Pretty simple, right?

So if we lynch Sofanthiel today, yes, I will have the extra 2 votes with me rest of the game, unless y'know, Jim decides to relieve me of all my votes, which is possible, and if you people are scared of so many votes being in my hand, I have no objection to 'giving' my votes to Jim, whom I very much trust.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 26, 2023, 12:32:50 am »

What makes you very much trust Esteemed Jim Groovester?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 26, 2023, 12:35:08 am »

Looks calmly around.

Esteemed Jim Groovester, what do you think of Esteemed hector13 and Esteemed Secretdorf?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 26, 2023, 12:36:32 am »

So if we lynch Sofanthiel today, yes, I will have the extra 2 votes with me rest of the game, unless y'know, Jim decides to relieve me of all my votes, which is possible, and if you people are scared of so many votes being in my hand, I have no objection to 'giving' my votes to Jim, whom I very much trust.

What are you willing to say about how Esteemed Jim Groovester might decide to relieve you of all your votes?
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 207