Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79773 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1725 on: December 28, 2023, 08:13:29 pm »

If what I'm thinking that NQT said is true, then I'm starting to suspect that the non-Mafia scum team tried to kill me and Imp last night in one attempt and failed because I protected us both.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 28, 2023, 08:14:06 pm »

Hmm. I know for suresies I acted on you, though I haven’t actually asked how my abilities interact with redirects or things of that ilk.

I've already asked about this privately, but let's confirm we all can understand from the source:

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, please would you explain how you would handle a redirect, including provide an example?  Perhaps if Player1 targeted Player2 for an inspect, and was successfully redirected to Player3, what would you inform Player1 of?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 28, 2023, 08:14:48 pm »

It's pretty clear who the "merger" targeted on N2, it would have been Knightwing and Crystal because both got banished when Sofantheil's ability can only target one player normally.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 28, 2023, 08:15:21 pm »

Esteemed Imp, can you ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist if your post restriction thing activated?

Esteemed hector13, which post restriction?  And what kind of activated?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 28, 2023, 08:15:40 pm »

Max: I targeted you, I was fulfilling my D1 implied promise of checking the miller claims. In case it wasn't retroactively obvious since yesterday why I kept asking for Jack to not include our millers in his group chat offers day 1.
That's what I suspected. I don't know who you actually hit, but I don't have any group chats.

But it also sounds like you hit a pair of merged players, right? So, the logical conclusion from what was just stated is... that the player of that pair who you hadn't already confirmed was a "no", must be the "yes".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 28, 2023, 08:17:35 pm »

Hmm. I know for suresies I acted on you, though I haven’t actually asked how my abilities interact with redirects or things of that ilk.

I've already asked about this privately, but let's confirm we all can understand from the source:

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, please would you explain how you would handle a redirect, including provide an example?  Perhaps if Player1 targeted Player2 for an inspect, and was successfully redirected to Player3, what would you inform Player1 of?

This doesn’t apply to my ability, but whatever.

Esteemed Imp, can you ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist if your post restriction thing activated?

Esteemed hector13, which post restriction?  And what kind of activated?

Being calm and kind, which makes you an unstoppable force in relation to your target or whatever since I can’t be bothered checking Esteemed webadict’s flip.

It's pretty clear who the "merger" targeted on N2, it would have been Knightwing and Crystal because both got banished when Sofantheil's ability can only target one player normally.

This doesn’t explain Esteemed Crystalizedmire being banished again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 28, 2023, 08:18:32 pm »

In such a case, I would inform Player 1 that Player 2 inspected as whatever Player 3's result was.

So if Mephansteras targeted Shakerag, but was redirected to TolyK, and Shakerag was Town, but TolyK was Mafia, then Mephansteras would learn 'Shakerag is Mafia'.

I used to inform players when they were redirected, but after feedback, I stopped doing that because it made it too easy to figure out setups.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 28, 2023, 08:19:39 pm »

This doesn’t explain Esteemed Crystalizedmire being banished again.
A certain individual seems to have made it possible for the dead to act.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 28, 2023, 08:20:40 pm »

I will also note that following said post restriction appears to control the ability to use kill actions, which is why it's awfully concerning that I already know a player is following it.

Presuming you're talking about me, I stated before I started following it that I had no need to, that I could break it and suffer, currently, no known consequence and gladly would to hide the bestower, as I thought that Courtly one might be town and have things to hide.

However, the Esteemed Hector told me there was an additional benefit to following it, presumably under that one's control, and I would learn later what that benefit was.

Of note, nothing that one claimed has happened to me, absolutely nothing.  That might be because of other meddling and innocent misunderstanding of how the abilities work.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 28, 2023, 08:23:03 pm »

In such a case, I would inform Player 1 that Player 2 inspected as whatever Player 3's result was.

So if Mephansteras targeted Shakerag, but was redirected to TolyK, and Shakerag was Town, but TolyK was Mafia, then Mephansteras would learn 'Shakerag is Mafia'.

I used to inform players when they were redirected, but after feedback, I stopped doing that because it made it too easy to figure out setups.

Alright cool the maybe it does apply to me. I was told I targeted Esteemed Jim Groovester.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 28, 2023, 08:23:37 pm »

Toonyman, can you confirm you self-targeted and targeted Imp? Or are you saying you only targeted Imp?
I only targeted Imp. I can't target more than one person with my protect. Are you saying I also targeted myself last night? Because this is sounding like the unclaimed "merger" at work again, making me and Imp "merge".
Possibly! Or it was the unclaimed randomisation effect Max says may be in effect and I was randomised to someone else.

OK, I'm sleeping for real this time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 28, 2023, 08:23:54 pm »

Presuming you're talking about me,
No, I was referring to the source of all esteem. Remember, when you presume, you press you to me.

So you weren't told that not following that restriction would prevent you from using kills or protects?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 28, 2023, 08:26:08 pm »

We’re forgetting the two-step process I mentioned. I was prevented from acting on Esteemed Imp because Esteemed ToonyMan is a dick decided to bus Esteemed Imp and Esteemed webadict.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 28, 2023, 08:27:44 pm »

I was under the imp-ression that step 1 had gone off, but not step 2 (because of that).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 28, 2023, 08:30:14 pm »

Yeah. Step one is the thing you’re worried about. You have enough information to figure out step two, to be perfectly honest.

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 207