Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79202 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1155 on: December 21, 2023, 11:17:21 am »

Related to why Jim has my vote? (What's "defensive" about vote theft?)

It's defensive in the same way a day kill is defensive.

Fallacy is still bitter about me (but not actually me) superkilling him and then claiming to be a mason (which wasn't my idea) so he baked some irony into my role and abilities.

Max and Jim, do you mind if I say nothing and see who else votes me instead of obvscum Egan_BW?

I want to see who joins.

Knightwing is Town, btw.

I'm probably not doing anything until I get home from work anyway, so, by all means.

Web, I still am missing how you and Jim knew it was Egan

RIDE OR DIE THAT'S HOW
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 21, 2023, 11:57:34 am »

My power is based on building things out of words and I'm not really sure what those words do.

I have been thinking about it and Secretdorf gives me scummy vibes I can't really explain.

I would say the above exactly like Esteemed Egan_BW if I talked like that one.  I don't know what it means that we're sort of maybe twinsies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I understand why I felt twinsies with Esteemed EuchreJack, this is not the same kind of key-in-lock twinsies.

Esteemed Knightwing64:
I wonder if you could be tricked.  For example, please carefully read this from the OP, can you rule out every single one of these possible ways to fail, including the last two?

[Action Failure Types]
Failure to target: Congrats, your target is outside of the game space due to a banishment effect or commuter ability, and cannot be targeted. Your action failed, because you couldn't even use your ability in the first place. Any shots you would have used have not been used.
Failure upon use: Something jammed you at the moment you used it. 'Target player's action will fail' would fall under this category, as would action failure due to "(Status) Curse: Your actions have a 50% chance to fail when used!" or such. Any shots you would have used have not been used.
--Roleblock: A roleblock is a specific type of power that forces action failure. Unlike other failures, if someone is roleblocked, they are explicitly given the message You were roleblocked. - but only if they attempted to act. If a player was roleblocked and did not attempt to act, they do not receive this message. This also does not consume shots.
Failure upon arrival: You successfully used your ability, but alas, woe is you, you hit a player who causes all non-kill actions used on them to fail. Unfortunately in this case your ability fully resolved, it just didn't do its job, so you do lose any shots you tried to use.
Sneaky failure: You successfully used your ability, you got the You performed your action message - and your killshot on webadict hit a protect action. You aren't told your action failed, and technically it didn't - but the effect failed completely even if your action didn't.

Imp: Survivor or another third party with an agenda? What happens if you don't post according to your restriction?

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal ,
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 21, 2023, 12:40:27 pm »

I have some more information about what happened last night but I need to finish the thread first. Don't do anything stupid.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 21, 2023, 01:01:56 pm »

Spin: If you're not mistaken? I want to put you in town coded. You give the vibes of an investigator or such who knows what's up but doesn't want to confirm that. You're certain what you're claiming is true and verifiable?
Yes but maybe don't put questions for people into spoilers, I could easily have missed that.

Max and Jim, do you mind if I say nothing and see who else votes me instead of obvscum Egan_BW?

I want to see who joins.

Knightwing is Town, btw.
I don't mind that at all, and also, Knightwing is Town, btw.

I guess if web doesn't want me to explain everything yet, then it's not a big deal and I'll just leave it at that.

The only other thing I want to say is come on, Eileen.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 21, 2023, 02:04:31 pm »

Not claiming yet.

I've found Egan sussy from the start so I'd be down for their execution. Add me to the list of people who don't understand why sofanthiel and NQT, sussy lurkers extraordinaire, would be mafiakill targets. I could almost buy that Egan did it on accident... if I didn't already suspect them.

I am wary of a possible webadict/ToonyMan scumteam but otherwise do not find webadict particularly suspicious right now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 21, 2023, 02:11:00 pm »

Huh, so, I think these two folks haven't yet been spotted in today's dream:

Esteemed Elephant Parade, and Esteemed sofanthiel.

Some plans I am considering once everyone's clearly had a chance to speak up -

Several things happened to me last night, in an order I lived to share.  We have two people openly claiming they protected me last night.  I haven't spotted anyone counterclaiming them, and I don't think they conflict, but I don't want either of them currently to say more, because if there's a counterclaim I mean to use what I was informed of that hasn't been said yet to try and sort through or even confirm stories if there's conflict.  Unless, Esteemed Hector13, you choose to counterclaim Esteemed Toonyman yourself?  This was stated of that worthy's protection - does yours overlap in any way you choose to discuss beyond protection with this claim?

It's not just a protect. It will also fix all your disabled abilities, so if you have an ability that is disabled that disabled will be removed. And it removes all your status conditions. So like if you had that thing Tric gives then I would remove it. It's basically a protect from kills plus remove bad stuff.

If not, I say again we probably need the Esteemed Toonyman for reasons I itch to discuss, but can't yet for counts a minimum of three reasons.

Also, anyone else wanna discuss what they might have come and done or tried to do to me last night?  Cause, I'll be discussing my experiences of N1 before end of D2, I hope, and those of you who can read order of actions well probably understand even more than me.

PPE:  Two reasons now, and haven't heard anything from Esteemed sofanthiel yet is one of them.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 21, 2023, 02:18:59 pm »

Imp, what did you do last night and was it by any chance targeted on webadict? Be clear, concise, and truthful.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 21, 2023, 02:19:54 pm »

My protection wasn’t for N1, it’s… a little more complicated, but you’ll be immune from kills after D2. I know it doesn’t seem that way, but I’d rather not go into more details about it right now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 21, 2023, 02:22:18 pm »

Actually no, the thing I did wasn’t a protect at all in game terms, I can say that and remain cryptic.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 21, 2023, 02:25:06 pm »

OK, on a computer. Amazing how my thinking opens up when I can actually read the posts on a proper sized screen. I feel cramped, harrassed, distracted on a phone. I missed the details of Max's claim before. (Embarrassing.) OK, so Max is saying he specifically saw Egan make the mafiakill and hit Sofa instead of me. OK, the bussing theory makes more sense now. (But who tried to kill me?)

As for what I did last night, I already hinted as much. I did an investigative action to rattle a pith helm internee.

Max, could you explain a bit more about how you know each of these elements.

1. The kill was a mafiakill.
2. It was meant for me but hit Sofa.

Web, so if you were lying about having an inspect, what was it? Are you saying you didn't try to kill me, you just tried to delete my role? That's worse but I'm not sure I had any specific defence against it. Was Sofa's role obliterated?

If you want to dodge the murder allegations, you're going to have to be a bit less shady. And why are you saying I tried to dodge a (non-existent) super-inspect? I said on D1 I could have done something to avoid your threat of role obliteration, but I didn't do it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 21, 2023, 02:26:34 pm »

@Hector:
If you messed with Imp's role in any way then I probably fixed it last night. I don't think I would remove a future kill-immunity unless it counts as a status effect though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 21, 2023, 02:29:03 pm »

I don’t think you did, given Esteemed Imp’s claim so far.

I also don’t know about how your abilities would interact with what I did.. Can you give an example of what a status effect is?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 21, 2023, 02:29:09 pm »

Imp, what did you do last night and was it by any chance targeted on webadict? Be clear, concise, and truthful.

I did not target the Esteemed Webadict.

I have more to say about what I did or attempted, but I would prefer to do so after two other things have happened.  One is an answer from the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 21, 2023, 02:29:58 pm »

I don’t think you did, given Esteemed Imp’s claim so far.

I also don’t know about how your abilities would interact with what I did.. Can you give an example of what a status effect is?
If you don't know what a status effect is, your role doesn't use status effects.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 21, 2023, 02:30:05 pm »

Actually no, the thing I did wasn’t a protect at all in game terms, I can say that and remain cryptic.

This is highly adequate for my needs, thank you, Esteemed hector13.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 207