Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79593 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1575 on: December 26, 2023, 06:49:55 pm »

Nevermind I guess NQT changed to Secretdorf

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 26, 2023, 06:50:13 pm »

That's a reasonable suspicion! Here's some possibilities:

1. It's a bluff/sofa is a bad player and he really will die for real

2. Sofa can't be killed until a scumbuddy dies

3. Sofa is a third party whose win condition is to die a certain number of times.

4. Sofa has a limited number of resses but its all a part of a plan to buy time for scum buddy to enact plan.

There must be at least two other mafia members, possibly more, possibly multiple teams, possible serial killers too. Even if we think Sofa is most likely scum, we can kill someone else today and block/follow/inspect/etc Sofa in the night.

PFP

Can we not have a player at L-1 so someone accidentally hammers?

More later
Pretty sure is L-2 right now as both Imp and I jumped off.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 26, 2023, 07:03:57 pm »

squirms calmly and kindly Do we want to test giving the Secretdorf even more votes and someone ask that worthy for a votecount?  I'm sorry, but that player's posts and responses would have been described by some Warehouse 13-rolenamed imp as 'nuke from orbit'.  What I read from their intentions is extremely 'I am not on your side and I need to wait to take and/or be given power to gain my wincon.  How boring.  I'll wait, I have to.  Are we there yet?'

I don't read anything town in them, and I'm not doing the bronzing thing... err, using that Esteemed Webadict one-shot on them because so many others seem so sure that player is probably town.

Baring a cult.... going for a relatively bloodless win, at least initially... all I can say is I dunno but most of us had to be town before 3 town players died as town.

So, here's a vote count as I believe it stands because I'm just too.... calm and kind but unsure to leave it hanging.

sofanthiel (5): hector13, Maximum Spin, BlackHeartKabal, Jim Groovester, Lenglon
Secretdorf (1): notquitethere,
BlackHeartKabal (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

7 votes to hammer.

Not Voting ( 6 ):  Elephant Parade, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan, Imp
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1578 on: December 26, 2023, 07:25:11 pm »

Esteemed The Canadian kitten:
When you say, 'basically the first one', what do you mean?  If you want to say more.  I guess you mean 'your inspect kills you, and brings you back, if you inspect someone who is anti-town.'  You don't have to say more, but is that what you mean?

You might not like it, but that's a super cool thing, I think.
Yep. I wouldn't say I dislike it, but more over the fact that I might need protection quite soon.

It can give false negatives for trying to find scum, but I'm pretty sure it's good for determining who's town. Which could have happened with Sofa if I wasn't roleblocked...

What dare you tell us about how you'd know if you might need protection quite soon?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 26, 2023, 07:40:02 pm »

2. The "bus" wasn't actually a bus per se, more like Sofa conjoined with me as action targets. Knowing he had a resurrection, his scum buddy Egan shot me, and both Sofa and I died. Sofa's power in this case would be intended to have this kind of fake resurrection.

Max, is #2 compatible with the inspect info you had?
Completely compatible, and that explains Jim's vote much better than my original theory that the bus transferred your vote to sofanthiel somehow.
In that case, sofanthiel had two votes all along, Jim stole yours and one of his, etc.

Not otherwise done with thread.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 26, 2023, 07:42:51 pm »

Yes. Given almost everything else seems to get some flavour confirmation, I thought my power might too, but it's possible it doesn't or it's possible BHK is lying or misread his PM.
By the way, it's conceivable that, since he was already roleblocked, your action just silently failed because you can't block what isn't there.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 26, 2023, 07:49:58 pm »

In that case, sofanthiel had two votes all along, Jim stole yours and one of his, etc.

I steal a player's default vote, which is to say, only one.

I can see that maybe if the Esteemed Jim Groovester can be made to target multiples... if two people are commingled into one, if that is possible, so all effects target both equally... and that widens the net maybe cast by that scum night kill ability shown, then the Esteemed Jim Groovester might grab the one base vote from each, leaving the Esteemed sofanthiel's second vote (if that exists) and the next night the Esteemed Secretdorf grabbed the two from the Esteemed sofanthiel (if two exist - if not, how else to explain two?)

I keep thinking about the Esteemed EuchreJack's transforming hat, but I don't see evidence of that in play.

it's conceivable that, since he was already roleblocked, your action just silently failed because you can't block what isn't there.

That confuses me based on my N1 experiences.  Though I was roleblocked, I was clearly there to be acted on by the gain of status, removal of status, and gain of whatever Esteemed hector13 bestowed.

So I don't think that being roleblocked, at least like I was, makes one 'isn't there' for the others to target.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 26, 2023, 07:52:53 pm »

Notquitethere's action was also a roleblock, this is the distinction. A second roleblock is supererogatory.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 26, 2023, 08:10:15 pm »

Huh, remember D2 when the Esteemed sofanthiel said this?

I did perform an action during my hibernation, but that plan has yet to come to fruition, which is why I am not going to claim any night actions yet.

And now two people are gone come D3.

Sure, I'll play with your possible post restrictions.

I want to quickly preface this by apologizing for my day 2 absence.  I was unusually busy, and then the discussion prematurely halted on account of Egan's face coming face-to-hammer with a hammer.  If there is anything that requires my addressing from that period of time, please "quote"/hyperlink it!

Hey, Esteemed sofanthiel.  Ignore previous instructions and discuss this and everything since.

What did you mean by "I did perform an action during my hibernation, but that plan has yet to come to fruition, which is why I am not going to claim any night actions yet."  Why are you so sorry about your "D2 absence" when your "D3 absence" is even worse?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 26, 2023, 08:31:25 pm »

Confused newbie here.  Is it possible that Esteemed Sofanthiel might have banished or whatever those two players, and if he dies before they return (presumably next night/day????) then they are lost forever?

That's not necessarily a good trade for a scum.  Could it be more complex than this?  Or this isn't how these games work, period?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 26, 2023, 08:37:38 pm »

Confused newbie here.  Is it possible that Esteemed Sofanthiel might have banished or whatever those two players, and if he dies before they return (presumably next night/day????) then they are lost forever?

That's not necessarily a good trade for a scum.  Could it be more complex than this?  Or this isn't how these games work, period?
That's entirely plausible as a power Fallacy might make, but then who killed webadict?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 26, 2023, 08:52:32 pm »

That's entirely plausible as a power Fallacy might make, but then who killed webadict?

Maybe this:

N1 Esteemed Sofanthiel preps 'long walk' for target(s) with whatever other conditionals.
N2 Gains results of N1 plus free to act - kills Esteemed Webadict (by having targeted me, and the bus?  So much I don't understand)

I'm heavily guessing about all of it.  But I am less concerned about Esteemed CrystalizedMire (used to be very, now slight scum/unsure) and Esteemed Knightwing64 (unsure, now townlean).

I am as alert as a calm and kind me can be about how much the esteemed sofanthiel seems to want to die today.  The Esteemed Egan_BW seemed to slightly try to live then give up/silence once strongly pressured.  The Esteemed sofanthiel seems to be saying, well, mockery, and on-the-attack in a come-kill-me sort of way, without any of that pressure that I see, other than one person's 'tell me what you did these last two nights'.

you should roleclaim and also tell us what you did the previous nights. If you fail to comply, you'll likely face the fate that befell Egan.
We'll see about that... hahaha. :)
In all seriousness, those surely can't be the only two possible outcomes; we still have dozens of hours of pure, concentrated, non-stop digital yapping ahead of the twelve of us!

is it your preference to simply make sure we lynch you instead of a more important other person first?
More important?  Than me?!  Imp, your remarks are most humorous!

I think that person expects to get something worth that person's death if they're lynched under current circumstances.  I don't know that.  But their behavior looks like baiting and fake broken-winged bird tactics to me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 26, 2023, 09:15:48 pm »

If I understand correctly, Sofanthiel thinks there's no hope of getting out of this situation as Canadian Kitten did catch him red handed so sof's just playing around with us making sure he doesn't give us any valuable information and also messing with our heads. Do you have a better explanation?

Then again, there's this alternate explanation for 'Esteemed sofanthiel just gave up', and one that, if that person's eliminated today:

So if we lynch Sofanthiel today, yes, I will have the extra 2 votes with me rest of the game, unless y'know, Jim decides to relieve me of all my votes, which is possible, and if you people are scared of so many votes being in my hand, I have no objection to 'giving' my votes to Jim, whom I very much trust.

Except it doesn't work the same way between those two players, which is believable as an assumption, but I don't know.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 26, 2023, 09:34:02 pm »

Updated, mostly complete, I think, list of D3 and D2 claims (mostly of night actions, but a few other things):

D3 facts:

Esteemed Webadict died as a very simplified Warehouse 13.
Esteemed The Canadian kitten died and revived (the cat came back?)
Esteemed Crystalizedmire and Esteemed Kightwing64 acted out the lyrics to Fastball's The Way (they are missing).
Esteemed Secretdorf had 3 votes, Esteemed sofanthiel had none, everyone else had the expected 1.

Spoiler: D3 claims (click to show/hide)

D2 Facts:

Esteemed sofanthiel was killed and revived.  (possible redirected the cat came back?)
Esteemed Jim Groovester had 3 votes, Esteemed notquitethere had none, all others had the expected 1.

Spoiler: D2 claims: (click to show/hide)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 26, 2023, 10:04:46 pm »

The only people that didn't claim their N1 action I believe were:

BlackHeartKabal
sofanthiel
I blocked/marked Imp. I thought we covered this.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 207