Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79299 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1185 on: December 21, 2023, 03:22:14 pm »

I don't know why you're lying about this.
In what way?  See, I know that I'm being truthful (all I received was a bite of flavor text), and you claiming to be certain that I'm withholding some details means one of two things:
1. You're trying to maliciously throw me under the wagon by portraying me as deceitful, or...
2. You know more about my night activities than I do; however, you mistakenly assumed that I too have access to that intelligence.

As dissatisfied as I am with Jack's role flip, I wouldn't be surprised if it went deeper than what was revealed yesterday.  How hard would it be to imagine that EJ showing up as town after being lynched was just a passive ability of his?  That would explain why all three of his avid supporters (web, Max, and Imp) jumped on and off the Jackwagon several times with inconsistent logical explanations while being keen to begin defending him the second others caught onto Jack's untown-like behavior.  In fact, I recall Imp mentioning that EJ could be more beneficial to his team in death as a justification for his repeated attempts to get eliminated here!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 21, 2023, 03:26:30 pm »

I don’t think Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist would put a selective censor on role flips in a game that is not specifically said to be bastard, but we could ask him if you want?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 21, 2023, 03:28:00 pm »

Sofanthiel, it is kind of weird for you to not know why you were revived. When someone revives, the default assumption is that it was caused by an auto ability on their end. It's not impossible that you were granted a revive or (less likely) targeted by some kind of bizarre kill-and-revive effect, but it would be surprising—and in the former case, we should expect someone to claim the revive. Of course, not everyone has claimed.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 21, 2023, 03:31:43 pm »

Sofanthiel, it is kind of weird for you to not know why you were revived. When someone revives, the default assumption is that it was caused by an auto ability on their end. It's not impossible that you were granted a revive or (less likely) targeted by some kind of bizarre kill-and-revive effect, but it would be surprising—and in the former case, we should expect someone to claim the revive. Of course, not everyone has claimed.

We do have this information, but I don't know what to make of it other than 'sounds phoenix-like to me'.  Do any of you worthies know a game mechanic that might explain why someone's claimed power might appear to affect someone else, without the claimer understanding why?  Is that how copy works?

I got roleblocked while visiting Sofathaniel

Either someone roleblocked me or Sofa's role did something/might have copied my ability results.

Not quite sure which.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The result (Sofa dying and reviving) is essentially what is supposed to happen to me if Sofa had been discovered to be anti-town/used a kill action. Unless there are people who can revive Sofa last night and knew to revive Sofa, or Sofa has an ability that operates differently but with the same effects as mine. I don't see any other way how Sofa would have died and revived.
Could be totally proven wrong though.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 21, 2023, 03:32:46 pm »

It's not impossible that you were granted a revive or (less likely) targeted by some kind of bizarre kill-and-revive effect, but it would be surprising
Except for one extremely unlikely case, it's impossible.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 21, 2023, 03:32:55 pm »

OK, on a computer. Amazing how my thinking opens up when I can actually read the posts on a proper sized screen. I feel cramped, harrassed, distracted on a phone. I missed the details of Max's claim before. (Embarrassing.) OK, so Max is saying he specifically saw Egan make the mafiakill and hit Sofa instead of me. OK, the bussing theory makes more sense now. (But who tried to kill me?)

As for what I did last night, I already hinted as much. I did an investigative action to rattle a pith helm internee.

Max, could you explain a bit more about how you know each of these elements.

1. The kill was a mafiakill.
2. It was meant for me but hit Sofa.

Web, so if you were lying about having an inspect, what was it? Are you saying you didn't try to kill me, you just tried to delete my role? That's worse but I'm not sure I had any specific defence against it. Was Sofa's role obliterated?

If you want to dodge the murder allegations, you're going to have to be a bit less shady. And why are you saying I tried to dodge a (non-existent) super-inspect? I said on D1 I could have done something to avoid your threat of role obliteration, but I didn't do it.
Cool, not that sofanthiel has claimed everything he plans to, I can claim.

I mean, I already have.  Twice.  But, I'll do it again.

@Maximum Spin:  My role name is The Concept of Simplicity.  In general, I get very simple flavor.  I have 4 Abilities, one of which, Basic Inspect, I have already claimed.  If my Inspect is successful, I learn the correct alignment of the target (and my target, I would assume, based on the reading of my Ability, but I'm too lazy to ask.)

I was Roleblocked.  My assumption is that I was Roleblocked by the same thing that Roleblocked The Canadian kitten, which is why Maximum Spin has information I don't.  Additionally, this is why Knightwing64 got no information.  Crystalizedmire solved that one pretty simply.

Not entirely sure why notquitethere is targeting me.  I haven't done anything wrong, and I even let Max know what I got:
What a bunch of very interesting actions happened during the night.

webadict, I surely can't help but wonder what results you received.
Oh, you know...  The usual.
It's not my fault if no one else understood that.

I'm pretty sure sofanthiel is scum.  In fact, it's entirely possible that it only looked like TCk got Roleblocked, and sofanthiel was actually hit by the die-and-revive.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 21, 2023, 03:39:46 pm »

Ohhh, thanks, web, I missed something until your post there.

Knightwing, don't be a dick and try to steal people's investigative results, lol.

I'm concerned that Knightwing might be in a similar boat to TricMagic re: being able to stop being town.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 21, 2023, 04:02:37 pm »

Woohoo!  I have my answer and know I don't risk breaking rules dances

This is what I experienced last night, in order:

I was roleblocked

I gained a status that marked me by death and was told stuff about that status and its flavor.  Distinct from TricMagic's, it did not 'do' anything visible.  Tricmagic's changed alignment, this one was just (status): name: flavor.

I lost that status that marked me by death.

I gained an ability that has been explained by the Esteemed Hector13.

End of report.

That death thing doesn't have obvious benefit or harm, but it flavors of the spirit world and of marked-ness, as well as a name relating to death.

I note that the status gain happened to me at night, distinct from my end of Day stuff, which also happened.  Therefore, I don't necessarily think this status is connected to day stuff, like my voting the Esteemed Secretdorf (or anyone else, but I was the only person to so use my vote).  For non-mechanics stuff, the Esteemed Secretdorf seems like Death Itself to me, so I wonder hugely.

I (needlessly?) confirm I tried to do something last night.  I was roleblocked:

--Roleblock: A roleblock is a specific type of power that forces action failure. Unlike other failures, if someone is roleblocked, they are explicitly given the message You were roleblocked. - but only if they attempted to act. If a player was roleblocked and did not attempt to act, they do not receive this message. This also does not consume shots.

I reconfirm my attempted action did have a target.  The target was not Webadict.  I do not think any part of my action happened, so I would not be affected by busses or whatever?

So I wonder if I was possibly visited by 4 folks, two are known.  But it kinda looks, flavor-wise, like I spent my whole night and more in the Esteemed hector13's care, though... flavorwise, I have no idea what happened.  The flavor that is obviously connected to the Esteemed hector13 is not directly connected to death or the spirit world or even marking, all of which is part of the name and/or flavor of that scary-sounding status.

But that's why I jumped to believe that the Esteemed hector13 was my protector, not 'just doing something else'.  The flavor sure feels protective to me, but staring at it with an objective eye, it's not necessarily directly protective.  I do still embrace and accept it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 21, 2023, 04:05:14 pm »

EBWOP

Not 'change alignment' but change inspect result:

(Reference, Status) Fallout Fumes: Cough, cough! What is this stuff? You alignment inspect as a Serial Killer-Ally.

In comparison, what I briefly got lacks ('Reference') and lacks anything after the flavor text.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 21, 2023, 04:18:00 pm »

I got roleblocked while visiting Sofathaniel

Either someone roleblocked me or Sofa's role did something/might have copied my ability results.

Not quite sure which.
I was Roleblocked.  My assumption is that I was Roleblocked by the same thing that Roleblocked The Canadian kitten, which is why Maximum Spin has information I don't.
I was roleblocked
Three separate players claiming to be roleblocked... and one of the kills unaccounted for.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 21, 2023, 04:22:12 pm »

Well… perhaps Esteemed Imp would like to let us know who they targeted, despite the roleblock?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 21, 2023, 04:31:01 pm »

Well… perhaps Esteemed Imp would like to let us know who they targeted, despite the roleblock?

I'd be willing.  I also state that I have no way to kill or protect, as of N1 (and that anything with me could change in the future, that is not something I control).

I suspect the Esteemed Crystalmire was likely scum, so I intended to risk going out to do whatever I could about that.  I do not know what would have happened if I had succeeded, but it would not, from what I could do, be either a kill or a protect, unless that triggered from things other than what I know about.

I'm even more concerned about the esteemed Secretdorf, but concerned enough not to visit that one, not with whatever options I had as of N1.  Also, as of N1, my visits are not friendly (the range of expected outcome, from my side, isn't something I'd use on folks I think are town without additional very good reason), however depending on how things change, the result of a visit from me might become net cumulative, or be only positive for some.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 21, 2023, 04:38:44 pm »

I'm not really sure. My power is based on building things out of words and I'm not really sure what those words do, so if I killed Sof then I apologize. Let me read up on the thread a bit more, I only skimmed.

Egan, talk me through your thoughts behind picking your night target.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 21, 2023, 04:39:08 pm »

Just so things are clear, webadict and Canadian were roleblocked by the same player. Imp was not.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 21, 2023, 04:39:41 pm »

I realized a little too late that my thought that visitors of Esteemed sofanthiel got automatically role blocked didn’t make sense in light of a likely bus, but I suppose that doesn’t matter.

Maybe Esteemed notquitethere is thus correct to question three claims of being roleblocked.

PPE: never mind then.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 207