Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79537 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1110 on: December 21, 2023, 03:40:13 am »

@NQT:
Ooo, how dramatic. So both bussed players were targeted with kills?

Also...was your avatar always pirate themed or am I just noticing now?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 21, 2023, 03:42:05 am »

Esteemed The Canadian Kitten:

The result (Sofa dying and reviving) is essentially what is supposed to happen to me if Sofa had been discovered to be anti-town/used a kill action. Unless there are people who can revive Sofa last night and knew to revive Sofa, or Sofa has an ability that operates differently but with the same effects as mine. I don't see any other way how Sofa would have died and revived.
Could be totally proven wrong though.

That's incredible!

'been discovered to be anti-town' - do you mean your inspect kills you, and brings you back, if you inspect someone who is anti-town?  Or what else is supposed to happen, if you don't mind explaining?

@Imp:
I have no proof pirates exist. I thought Jack would be the proof.

Perfect, thank you, Esteemed Toonyman.  All is forgiven, from me to you.  I'm not certain you're town, but you're a likely townie read to me.  Remember where you and Esteemed Webadict discussed maybe him owning your vote?  I don't know much about Webadict, but I hope you do not choose to give up, and I have not much reason to think that vote thing's a terrible idea, though I suspect Esteemed Egan_BW's is more likely to be Pirate hunter or townie than anti-town.

In fact, I suspect the Esteemed Egan_BW is Pirate Hunter, and maybe even informed that Pirates don't exist yet and forbidden to reveal this (don't worry, Esteemed Egan_BW, you did not.  I'm just 'something like "An Informed Townie" were such to exist', and I'm not at all sure of my read on you.)  But I wonder if the Esteemed Egan_BW is stuck with a weird situation of having to hunt something that only might enter play and with a lot of limits.  That's all guesses that happen to fit clues, and it's a weak read from me still.

Also, let us be careful with voting Esteemed Secretdorf.  There may be something strange about that one.  I have no idea what the best way to pressure that one may be, but controlling that one at night if someone can might be a grand idea, as well as not voting that one during the day unless/until we must.  I am guessing, and could be reading clues wrong.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 21, 2023, 03:43:41 am »

@Kitten:
Are you saying that Sofanthiel killed themselves? What about Egan?

That I have no idea. I thought that Sofa could have possibly used my action to either protect themselves (self revive)

But then, I don't really know if these kind of action are impossible so disregard if I'm wrong

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 21, 2023, 03:46:58 am »

pfp

I also had a robot and a cat-person variant of my avatar for the game where I had all the character-based post restrictions. It's unfortunate for me that piracy is bad in this game but I was definitely a pirate before. I never got round to changing the handle. I'm not a pirate alignment in FBYOR6.

I think that Webadict just jumped to conclusions and there might not have been a bus at all. He tried to kill me, saw Sofa die and revive, and thought he'd done the kill.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 21, 2023, 03:48:29 am »

It's just that there's a lot of people in this game, and roleflips give confirmed information

...  ... ...

Oh, Esteemed Secretdorf, your words make my skin crawl.

You think most of us are town by your reads

And you don't seem to care who dies.  You just want deaths.

You have a role.  You can roleflip!  Would that satisfy you, to have your own role shared?  This meets your requirements, right, you who may be Death Itself, but whom I agree to refer to as Esteemed Secretdorf?

I state I care who dies.  Not all deaths are the same to me.

Why is it that you seem to only want deaths, and not care who?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 21, 2023, 03:52:12 am »

The result (Sofa dying and reviving) is essentially what is supposed to happen to me if Sofa had been discovered to be anti-town/used a kill action. Unless there are people who can revive Sofa last night and knew to revive Sofa, or Sofa has an ability that operates differently but with the same effects as mine. I don't see any other way how Sofa would have died and revived.

That's incredible!

'been discovered to be anti-town' - do you mean your inspect kills you, and brings you back, if you inspect someone who is anti-town?  Or what else is supposed to happen, if you don't mind explaining?
Basically the first one. Unfortunately, It isn't as powerful as I expected after asking a few questions to FoU

pfp
I think that Webadict just jumped to conclusions and there might not have been a bus at all. He tried to kill me, saw Sofa die and revive, and thought he'd done the kill.
How are you even aware that Web tried to kill you? Thought they had an inspect ability?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 21, 2023, 03:52:47 am »

pfp

I also had a robot and a cat-person variant of my avatar for the game where I had all the character-based post restrictions. It's unfortunate for me that piracy is bad in this game but I was definitely a pirate before. I never got round to changing the handle. I'm not a pirate alignment in FBYOR6.

I think this would require Esteemed Jim Groovester and Esteemed webadict to be a team.

Esteemed Jim Groovester opened the day saying they stole Esteemed sofanthiel’s vote - note you, Esteemed notquitethere have no vote in the vote count, while Esteemed sofanthiel does - and then Esteemed webadict mentioned the bus after.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 21, 2023, 03:58:00 am »

pfp

Yeah I remember that game I'm just teasing.

Hmm...was Webadict the Pirate all along?

@Hector:
Web and Jim together would be extra saddening.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 21, 2023, 03:58:20 am »

Web claimed to have an ability that infallibly revealed someone's role and was immune to millers. I think that he just had a kill and that's how he glossed it. A roleflip is the ultimate inspect.

Looking back though, one argument for there being a bus is Jim claims to have vote stolen Sofa but it's my vote that's gone. (He could have been redirected etc.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 21, 2023, 04:01:59 am »

Note that if Web really did have an infallible alignment inspect he would have claimed Sofanthiel's alignment. He's cagey because he used a kill.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 21, 2023, 04:10:33 am »

I'm a Bitch

And, I love this.  First time seeing it, thank you so much!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 21, 2023, 04:11:19 am »

Note that if Web really did have an infallible alignment inspect he would have claimed Sofanthiel's alignment. He's cagey because he used a kill.

This is true, but you seem a bit too inclined in blaming Esteemed webadict for the kill.

He was very open about who he would target with his super inspect, so… at the moment I’m of the belief that some variety of scum bussed you and Esteemed sofanthiel with the expectation Esteemed webadict would be unaware of the switch, which is speculative in my part, but supported by Esteemed Jim Groovester’s stolen extra vote.

Again, issues arise if the pair are a team (or part of a team) coordinating their claims.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 21, 2023, 04:12:26 am »

I would like to hear from Webadict as well.

I tried doing a proper read over the start of D2. There's a lot of interesting stuff but I'm tired and should go to bed.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 21, 2023, 04:15:54 am »

That's incredible!

Basically the first one. Unfortunately, It isn't as powerful as I expected after asking a few questions to FoU

Woo!  That sounds like a phoenix.

When you say, 'basically the first one', what do you mean?  If you want to say more.  I guess you mean 'your inspect kills you, and brings you back, if you inspect someone who is anti-town.'  You don't have to say more, but is that what you mean?

You might not like it, but that's a super cool thing, I think.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 21, 2023, 04:25:07 am »

When you say, 'basically the first one', what do you mean?  If you want to say more.  I guess you mean 'your inspect kills you, and brings you back, if you inspect someone who is anti-town.'  You don't have to say more, but is that what you mean?

You might not like it, but that's a super cool thing, I think.
Yep. I wouldn't say I dislike it, but more over the fact that I might need protection quite soon.

It can give false negatives for trying to find scum, but I'm pretty sure it's good for determining who's town. Which could have happened with Sofa if I wasn't roleblocked...
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 207