Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79220 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1125 on: December 21, 2023, 04:37:06 am »

Imp:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is ridiculous. Double post restriction getting to your head?

I am mildly disappointed by the lack of further roleflips when I expected there to be two or three, yes, but that does not mean I want people to randomly die or something. Do you presume I'm such a dunce that I would publicly reveal my intention of exterminating everyone if I were a serial killer? Also, who dies or lives is not(except in case of lynching) determined by my preferences, so it is meaningless for me to care whose roleflips I want.

Also I won't be surprised if my top townreads turn out to be the scumteam, I'm used to it happening, but it would really help if this can be clarified.

NQT: Do you have solid reasons for believing Webadict tried to kill you? Why, then, are you alive? Is it because the kill was redirected/bussed to Sofanthiel?

Webadict: Did you inspect or kill? Who did you inspect/kill? What were the results?

Sofanthiel: What do you have to say about what happened?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 21, 2023, 04:48:07 am »

It can give false negatives for trying to find scum, but I'm pretty sure it's good for determining who's town. Which could have happened with Sofa if I wasn't roleblocked...

There's probably huge advantage in you deciding who you act on.  No matter who you are and what you do.  - though if other players try to persuade you, decide what to do then :)

And your ability sounds so useful to me.

I wonder what would happen if you decided to inspected Esteemed Secretdorf.  I'm happy not to know what you're going to do, though!  Also maybe that one is Death Itself.  So maybe not the safest inspection to try, even for one who Dies At The Drop Of A Hat But Gets Back Up Again.  I'd wish you luck but I don't dare because I'm not sure how you'd use it.

Thank you for your answer!  I hope I don't give you any more headaches, sorry.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 21, 2023, 05:19:43 am »

NQT: Do you have solid reasons for believing Webadict tried to kill you? Why, then, are you alive? Is it because the kill was redirected/bussed to Sofanthiel?
To be crystal clear:
1. I know when people try to kill me. Someone tried to kill me and would have ordinarily succeeded last night.
2. I can't be killed so easily
3. The only reason to believe I was bussed was Jim claiming to have vote stolen Sofa and my vote was stolen. So I could have been bussed, or that could have another way
4. Webadict claimed to have an infallible way of finding someone's alignment. He hasn't made any claim about Sofanthiel's alignment. It seems likely to me that his supposedly infallible inspect was just a kill with a roleflip.

Sofanthiel, how did you revive?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 21, 2023, 05:33:33 am »

HA I FUCKING KNEW IT

Webadict

It’s 100% Web. He doesn’t have a inspect at all.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 21, 2023, 05:40:00 am »

I have an ability that let’s me see if my target inspected anyone and what the results of that inspection was.

Vote Web, if they aren’t scum, vote me after.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 21, 2023, 05:40:46 am »

To be even clearer: we're dealing with two kills here.

Some possibilities:

1. There was a bus. Someone (Web) shot me and it hit Sofanthiel, and someone shot Sofanthiel and it hit me.
2. There was not a bus. Someone (Web) shot me. Someone else shot Sofanthiel.
3. One of the scenarios above but the killer or targeted was redirected/hypnotised/reflected/duplicated etc. etc. and possibly Sofanthiel or I weren't the original target.

I dunno about you, but I don't think Sofanthiel or I were particularly high value targets for the mafia. We both had wagons on us on D1. Some explanations:

1. Mafia just wanted to pick someone they didn't think would be protected and wouldn't give much info on a flip
2. Mafia were trying to scum hunt a second scum team (and then they could claim vig)
3. There was a redirect
4. The actual mafia target was protected (Imp, perhaps?) or the mafia were blocked (Canadian Kitten?)

More than one of these could be true if there are two scum teams.

It’s 100% Web. He doesn’t have a inspect at all.
If I still had my vote, I'd probably be voting Webadict as well. My working theory is he fakeclaimed inspect when planning to use a kill so he could claim to be a vig on D2 when I flipped. I was an acceptable target in much the same way no one gave Jim any grief for killing a town player, Tric.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 21, 2023, 06:11:28 am »

Interesting. Egan_BW and Sofanthiel have not spoken yet; they might have something enlightening or incriminating. What do you have to say, Webadict?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 21, 2023, 07:32:55 am »

Sigh. That's a miller gone, and two kill attempts, so we haven't made much progress.

Right.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Webadict:This would explain your voting behaviour yesterday, if you flip scum. I hope that either you or Knightwing are scum.

Now, before the questions, the coming events of the day - particularly, how quickly it goes by - will confirm the game state and solidify some of the camps above.

Note that if Web really did have an infallible alignment inspect he would have claimed Sofanthiel's alignment. He's cagey because he used a kill.

This is true, but you seem a bit too inclined in blaming Esteemed webadict for the kill.

He was very open about who he would target with his super inspect, so… at the moment I’m of the belief that some variety of scum bussed you and Esteemed sofanthiel with the expectation Esteemed webadict would be unaware of the switch, which is speculative in my part, but supported by Esteemed Jim Groovester’s stolen extra vote.

Again, issues arise if the pair are a team (or part of a team) coordinating their claims.
This is a theory. You think that NQT and Sofanthiel are together as scum, and Webadict isn't responsible for the kill? Under this theory, would NQT and Sofanthiel have more teammates? Who?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 21, 2023, 07:40:20 am »

Max and Jim, do you mind if I say nothing and see who else votes me instead of obvscum Egan_BW?

I want to see who joins.

Knightwing is Town, btw.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 21, 2023, 07:55:22 am »

Webadict:This would explain your voting behaviour yesterday, if you flip scum. I hope that either you or Knightwing are scum.
What a way to defend your voting out a Townie in spite of at least five people saying not to AND setup a chainexecution.

Bravissimo.

Interesting. Egan_BW and Sofanthiel have not spoken yet; they might have something enlightening or incriminating. What do you have to say, Webadict?
Personally, I would love to comment and set the record straight, but my lawyers have advised me that this is an ongoing investigation, so I'll have to wait.  Your vote seems genuinely curious, though, so just know that my current defense is "Wasn't me."

I have an ability that let’s me see if my target inspected anyone and what the results of that inspection was.

Vote Web, if they aren’t scum, vote me after.
Knightwing, genuinely, though you are rather jumpy, you have actually done something rather useful, but don't suggest a chainexecute if we're both Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 21, 2023, 08:09:28 am »

If I still had my vote, I'd probably be voting Webadict as well. My working theory is he fakeclaimed inspect when planning to use a kill so he could claim to be a vig on D2 when I flipped. I was an acceptable target in much the same way no one gave Jim any grief for killing a town player, Tric.
Solid logic.

Oh wait, except that it was Egan_BW, who wasn't in your deductions at all, and it wasn't me, who could have performed any non-Inspect Action at all.  Such as deleting your Role.  Because I can't exactly claim to kill you if I'm Mafia, since there'd only be one kill (meaning claiming vig would be useless unless I shot a second rival team, a bold claim I might consider some time), so it's quite possible that you're genuinely afraid I tried to kill you.  You are being quiet about something, though.  It's rather obvious you are hiding something.

What Action did you do last Night, NQT?  Why not claim it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 21, 2023, 08:16:28 am »

I'd like to suggest that the people who voted EuchreJack not be allowed to talk Today, unless they accurately defend why they ignored five people with solid logic and meta reading and proceeded to vote for someone who was absolutely Town.

This, naturally, excludes a few select people, such as Max, who is obviously Town, ToonyMan, who I made a deal with, and The Canadian kitten, who is surprisingly Town.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 21, 2023, 08:39:11 am »

What a way to defend your voting out a Townie in spite of at least five people saying not to AND setup a chainexecution.

Bravissimo.

Yes, my mistake - should we have just deliberated into a no-lynch D1 instead? We mislynched, unfortunate. Then we can consider that behaviour the next time a similar situation pops up with EuchreJack.

We're taking what leads we can. Knight's claim incriminates you, your suggestion to limit town discussion incriminates you. Your priority should be clearing your own name if you insist on leading town discussion, unless you aren't concerned about the town at all. If you flip scum, problem solved, and we can move on to Egan tomorrow, because they won't act tonight. If you flip town, then because you're claiming Knight is town, why would we chain execute?

And if you flip town, you're suggesting you investigated Knight. Why would you investigate Knight?

You've been purely working with the most acceptable targets among town players such as NQT and now the Jack voters, and nothing about this current play furthers the town in the slightest.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 21, 2023, 08:54:35 am »

I believe that webadict is town because webadict must have knew the risks of claiming to have a super inspect but actually kills the target because webadict agreed to Maximum spin's idea beforehand. Therefore, it is more likely that the kill was performed by someone who is neither Maximum Spin or Webadict like Egan_Bw(I would vote but I want to hear their opinion first)
she/her

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 21, 2023, 09:02:25 am »

I believe that webadict is town because webadict must have knew the risks of claiming to have a super inspect but actually kills the target because webadict agreed to Maximum spin's idea beforehand. Therefore, it is more likely that the kill was performed by someone who is neither Maximum Spin or Webadict like Egan_Bw(I would vote but I want to hear their opinion first)
Is this why Webadict is claiming that he knows that Spin is town?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 207