Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79211 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1095 on: December 21, 2023, 02:05:29 am »

Anyone who's played with Imp before: Is this Imp's standard communication style or is it closer to a speak vaguely and dreamily post restriction and/or paraphrasing of things Fal might have given as feedback to an "Oracle of Dreams" role?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 21, 2023, 02:08:22 am »

Esteemed Webadict, trying.

I think Esteemed Egan_BW with that sharp reaction to creation of Pirates, but not before, revealed much of not-likely scum.  I remain bowed before the wisdom of wiser folks who want me talking less.
Thanks.  A common mistake that scum tend to do to appear Town is to find a real enemy they can also go after.  In some games, this might be third parties, like SKs and stuff.  In this particular game, Pirates were color-coded as Mafia, which would make them an ideal candidate to go after.  I mean, if you think they're Mafia, you don't have to pretend!  People that were extremely convinced that EuchreJack was a Pirate may have reasonably believed that EuchreJack was their enemy, but ALSO that EuchreJack needed to be one because they weren't hunting other scum.

So look who was attached and fervant on the Euchre wagon.  Toony and Egan_BW were adamant that Euchre was a Pirate, NOT Mafia.  hector13 was willing to consider other options, as was Jim, because it didn't really matter if Euchre was a Pirate or Mafia to them.  They seem safe.

It's something I noticed the last time multiple scum teams came up.  Having that enemy is a crutch.

@Lenglon:  Imp is Town, let him cook, just take away most of his ingredients.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 21, 2023, 02:09:19 am »

Esteemed Imp, in my singular experience, posts like I do, except with a bit more stream of consciousness thrown in. I think the vagueness is more to do with not wanting to reveal too much about their role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 21, 2023, 02:16:39 am »

thanks. ima go slep now. My night results were information-gathering-based but seem unimportant compared to what ya'll found. I'd like to sit on them for now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 21, 2023, 02:18:19 am »

Unvote for now, I apparently fear scum quickhammers in my sleep.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 21, 2023, 02:47:29 am »

I protected Imp last night. Nothing else happened.

I don't care if Egan dies and am fine voting them. I don't know what the vote count is and we want to hear from everyone at least so I'll just do nothing right now.

I had a really shitty Monday (and Tuesday) and was out for most of it but I doubt I would have been able to change my opinion about Jack. Imp was very close to convincing me. Yes I'm town and yes I'm dumb. I don't think Jack helped me at all though. If Webadict wants me to full-claim I can do that.

After all...

I'm a Bitch

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #1101 on: December 21, 2023, 02:55:36 am »

I can't switch Jack.

Esteemed ToonyMan,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got roleblocked while visiting Sofathaniel

Either someone roleblocked me or Sofa's role did something/might have copied my ability results.

Not quite sure which.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten,

Esteemed Secretdorf, where you said this:

I was really hoping two or three people would die.

Very well, but did you have preference for which two or three?

Esteemed Webadict, trying.

I think Esteemed Egan_BW with that sharp reaction to creation of Pirates, but not before, revealed much of not-likely scum.  I remain bowed before the wisdom of wiser folks who want me talking less.
A common mistake that scum tend to do to appear Town is to find a real enemy they can also go after.  In this particular game, Pirates were color-coded as Mafia

So look who was attached and fervant on the Euchre wagon.  Toony and Egan_BW were adamant that Euchre was a Pirate, NOT Mafia.

It's something I noticed the last time multiple scum teams came up.  Having that enemy is a crutch.

Yes, Esteemed Webadict, but.  I am confused because

Uh-huh.  Be brief, Esteemed Imp (but I don't know how....)

Everyone, It's my choice, and maybe the only choice I get to make this game, how deep into dream I go, how much if any additional risk I choose to take.  But I still want to ask:

I think I see a perfect, almost 'made for me' way to attempt to dream Esteemed EuchreJack back to us.  I have no actual control over that, and anything could happen.  Since that's so deep a dream, anything.  There will be risks and/or drawbacks.  No idea what, and it could do anything else instead and still have those risks and/or drawbacks.

But... it would be really cool.  And it's not obviously and certainly terrible for town.  I don't know what would happen, it's not like if Esteemed TricMagic had lived to have to choose his path to become a Serial Killer.  He had a choice, I don't except to dream big or not.

This would be the biggest dream I can think of.  And I spent around 16 hours researching, writing, rewriting it.  It's... perfect which means nothing because Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist is the one playing 5th dimensional Xanatos speed chess.  And I am but an Esteemed Imp in that Worthy's game.  But... it looks almost... like this game was meant to be played and it looks almost key in lock and... I want to so much.

Anyone who reads object and want to discuss?  Or shall I just see what cannons fire and broadside those who don't pay attention?  But it could hit anyone.  It's not clearly an anti-town choice, though.  And it could be a strongly pro-town choice.  And it could be 'a choice that was planned'.  And it's so tempting.

I protected Imp last night. Nothing else happened.

Esteemed ToonyMan:
Hey, maybe I can vouch for you. 
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 21, 2023, 02:57:50 am »

So look who was attached and fervant on the Euchre wagon.  Toony and Egan_BW were adamant that Euchre was a Pirate, NOT Mafia.  hector13 was willing to consider other options, as was Jim, because it didn't really matter if Euchre was a Pirate or Mafia to them.  They seem safe.
Pirates are mafia. I know this for a fact. I understand they're not the main Mafia, but they ARE mafia. And I think it's completely fine to vote a player you are very confident is mafia, even if not Mafia.

With Jack being town I don't care about Pirates anymore, because nothing makes sense to me anymore. I couldn't even think about this game during the night because I was out all day Tuesday again and then had to do more stuff today although it wasn't as shitty but I didn't get home until really late.

At this point all I'm going to do is listen to players that clearly understand this game better than me and do what they say. I'll probably give reads still, but I don't feel very comfortable with myself right now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 21, 2023, 03:06:38 am »

I can't switch Jack.

Esteemed ToonyMan,
It was so late in the day and I was so convinced Jack was mafia even though you made a good argument why they weren't. Maybe if Jack didn't act in a way that completely convinced me they were slipped scum (I can't understand why they would say FoU fucked them over if they were town??) or at least followed-up by responding to my questions, but whatever. I accept responsibility that I fucked up and I'm sorry I ruined a lot of Day 1 with speculation that was wrong.

Esteemed ToonyMan:
Hey, maybe I can vouch for you. 
It's not just a protect. It will also fix all your disabled abilities, so if you have an ability that is disabled that disabled will be removed. And it removes all your status conditions. So like if you had that thing Tric gives then I would remove it. It's basically a protect from kills plus remove bad stuff.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 21, 2023, 03:17:24 am »

In fact, something I didn't think about but I'm pretty sure would work is that I could give Jim his day vig-shot back so he can shoot someone again tomorrow. As long as he still technically has that ability in his role.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 21, 2023, 03:18:58 am »

Esteemed ToonyMan, please get some sleep soon.
Pirates are mafia. I know this for a fact. I understand they're not the main Mafia, but they ARE mafia. And I think it's completely fine to vote a player you are very confident is mafia, even if not Mafia.

Also... when you have time and have rested, wait a moment.  Do you have proof Pirates exist?

I am 100% certain that if alignment Pirates exist, those of Alignment Pirate are scumteam.  If they exist, they are main scumteam.  "second" sure, but

(Very Rare, Requires Large Game) The other scumteam may take up any villainous-sounding factional name. They share the same rules and win condition as the Mafia - and yes, they will need to fight the Mafia in order to achieve their win condition, and vice versa, because it turns out this town isn't big enough for two groups of murderers.

There's a lot of word dancing this game.  We could even face 1 scumteam, and a bunch of serial killers, or a cult, or a second scumteam.  I retratct my fears of a possible third scumteam, that's clearly not in the rules.

However, I'm not the first to wonder if Pirates even exist except as Millers, town, and legend in people's PMs (I know it would hurt town if I am killed by a Pirate alignment, and hurt their enemies too.  But I don't know Pirates exist).

This could be a MacGuffin.  That would be hilarious, and kinda fit.  Also, they could become created... like if Esteemed EuchreJack comes back, we need to be careful about that if that happens.  But I only speak of fear, I cannot read the mind of Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, master of 5th dimensional Xanatos speed chess.  As perhaps His Gambit, I can say only:  I do not know Pirates exist.

Do you?  We're trapped in something like this... and personally, I glory in it:  https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CriminalMindGames

It's not just a protect. It will also fix all your disabled abilities, so if you have an ability that is disabled that disabled will be removed. And it removes all your status conditions. So like if you had that thing Tric gives then I would remove it. It's basically a protect from kills plus remove bad stuff.

Anyone want to counterclaim this?  I confirm something like this happened.  I have more to reveal before end of day, don't hammer.  I can't confirm Esteemed Toonyman did something like this.  But someone did.

Also, here's a gambit.  Should anyone choose to counterclaim.  if none does, I hope someone who can protect Protects Esteemed Toonyman, we probably need him.  But, Esteemed Toonyman, if it pleases you, don't further claim anything else about that ability at this time.

I experienced more than one flavor of protection last night.  If you mean to counterclaim Esteemed Toonyman, I expect flavor as part of your counterclaim.  I know what flavor I was shown, of course.  I will match against what I was shown, and share with the class what I can without quoting.  Later though, maybe nobody even counterclaims.

I accept responsibility

Hey, if I could talk short and clear when not under extreme pressure, maybe you'd have had time to think.  I thought my stories were extremely obvious.  I'm clearly very wrong and trying to do better.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #1106 on: December 21, 2023, 03:23:53 am »

I got roleblocked while visiting Sofathaniel

Either someone roleblocked me or Sofa's role did something/might have copied my ability results.

Not quite sure which.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten,

The result (Sofa dying and reviving) is essentially what is supposed to happen to me if Sofa had been discovered to be anti-town/used a kill action. Unless there are people who can revive Sofa last night and knew to revive Sofa, or Sofa has an ability that operates differently but with the same effects as mine. I don't see any other way how Sofa would have died and revived.
Could be totally proven wrong though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 21, 2023, 03:28:07 am »

@Imp:
I have no proof pirates exist. I thought Jack would be the proof.

@Kitten:
Are you saying that Sofanthiel killed themselves? What about Egan?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 21, 2023, 03:29:02 am »

Pfp

Someone tried to kill me last night

It didn't stick. If I was bussed then it was my bus partner who was targeted, I suppose.

Related to why Jim has my vote? (What's "defensive" about vote theft?)

I do know that Elephant Parade didn't try to kill me or Sofanthiel.

Also got some other unsolicited info I don't understand.

Web, did you learn Sofanthiel's alignment? You tried to kill me, right? Extremely rude.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 21, 2023, 03:33:01 am »

Imp:
I just thought anti-town parties would kill one or two people, depending on how many of them exist, and a town player might have a nightkill as well, so two or three seemed to me a likely number of people killed in the night. Apparently, I underestimated the number of protects in the game. Hell, there seems to be a revive too. Also, I was not being entirely serious saying that. It's just that there's a lot of people in this game, and roleflips give confirmed information, which (arguably) makes figuring the remaining people much easier, so I was kinda looking forward to the roleflips.

I do not have any specific preferences although it would be bad to lose Webadict, Jim or lenglon. They seem most likely town to me. I did not think I would be killed because I have not claimed any threatening abilities and people in general are finding me pretty suspicious so mafia would probably want to use me as a mislynch.

As for why I said Jim's going to be nightkilled, Jim just seemed town to me. And I doubted anyone was going to protect him.

I would say do not bring back anyone. I remember someone coming back with their alignment changed in a supernatural game. And your abilities sound very imprecise in the first place.

PPE: More confusing stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 207