Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80351 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #855 on: December 18, 2023, 09:17:32 am »

Fair.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 18, 2023, 11:31:29 am »

I'll be at work, which blocks the bay 12 mafia forums, so I can only check on my phone, which I am away from for most of the day, and I need to do the Christmas shopping I didn't do yesterday.

My point is that I will probably miss most of what happens today, including the deadline.

@Toony: I don't believe millers should claim. If they don't look scummy, they won't be suspected. It's a distraction in a game with this many players. Why are you trying to muddy up the waters with this many players?  >:(

This is a pretty weird thing for somebody to say if their role specifies that they alignment inspect as something else. Maybe EuchreJack doesn't think anything of an ability that says he inspects as an atypical alignment and it doesn't factor into his decision making when he makes this statement, but who knows. EuchreJack does say he inspects as a pirate, but only after ToonyMan and Imp say pirate is a mafia faction.
?  I do not follow that logic.  It makes complete sense to me that EuchreJack, a Miller, states that Millers should not claim, and then doesn't claim Miller until he accidentally asks if people want to be Millers.  I believe he has even stated this exact opinion in previous games!  Unfrotunately, I am PFP, but I vaguely remember him stating a similar opinion in FBYOR5, and while he was Mafia in that game, I do not believe that opinion is reflective of his alignment and rather is an opinion he holds in general.  There may be other games, and I will look for them later.

The sequence is backwards because Jack asked if people wanted to be millers first. By the time he states his opinion about whether millers should claim, he had already come in on the side of millers claiming.

The sequence is something like this:

i) Jack reads his role PM
ii) a) Jack reads that he is a pirate; Jack reads he can recruit others to be pirates
    or
    b) Jack reads he inspects as a pirate; Jack reads he can recruit people to a chat where they inspect as pirate
iii) Jack openly claims his pirateness
iv) Jack very candidly states his opinion that millers shouldn't claim

If iia is the world we live in, I can see how he gets to iv. If iib is the world we live in, I don't know if I can believe that Jack could read he inspects as a pirate, reads that he can recruit other players into a chat where they also inspect as pirate, casually reveal his pirateness without stipulating he inspects as it, and then later state millers shouldn't claim. Unless 'ohhh Jack is such a fuckup ha ha lmao oh Jack what a silly guy he is' is the defense you're going with, which, okay, fair enough, but also, come on.

Anyways, you should be pushing Jack to reveal his pirate chat invitees before the end of Day.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 18, 2023, 11:44:35 am »

Knightwing64:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Secretdorf:

TLDR:  I want Knightwing64 to do more and I explain why I think Secretdorf is playing like an obvious Serial Killer.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 18, 2023, 12:02:11 pm »

Spoiler: Elephant Parade: (click to show/hide)
That seems plausible enough, though having seen only one of your games, I don't really appreciate the appeal to meta. I still find your some of your play thus far pretty off and none of this cancels that out.

Elephant Parade: Please tell me more about why you dislike NQT.
He hasn't posted much and some of what he has posted has given me bad vibes. Not a good combo! Also, looking over his posts, he's barely interacted with anyone. Most of them are essentially addressed to the room.

Lots of null content, some waffling, no sustained interaction, little proactive interaction, nothing that's really gone anywhere.

Also, if anyone wants to bandwagon NQT, I would be down for that.
Sick.

Notquitethere: Why haven't you asked any questions of the guy you're voting to execute?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #859 on: December 18, 2023, 12:11:01 pm »

Says he’s struggling with all the players here, which is fine. I find people saying that a little amusing since the number of players actually active and posting to keep track of isn’t that much more than a usual game
It isn't just that the game is challenging to get completely engulfed in; it's the fact that I've been very busy as I've been trying to do so.
I do have to inform you that I may not be able to squeeze out as many posts as I usually do on weekends next month.
I have to split my attention between two activities that both require nigh-full dedication.

saying that just… basically ignoring Esteemed Maximum Spin will be more useful than trying to engage with him?
While the rest of the post is mostly an expression of your opinionated perception of my behavior, the above is outright disinformation.  I never said that we should ignore Max, and it's mighty interesting how you provide quotes for everything but that claim!

Could you talk us through the mental calculus of the highlighted part, please?
At the time, I considered Jack to be a confirmed pirate, but I also vaguely remembered someone else being accused of likely being part of his crew.  EJ later told me that the person in question was Toony.  The whole thing didn't make much sense since Toony was eager to aid in the battle against the pirates; regardless, I didn't take that into account because I did not yet have such knowledge.  Another basis for me to suspect that Max is a villain, which everyone mutually decided to ignore for whatever reason, is the following:
I consider Spin to be a likely pirate candidate, yes.  So, a total of three there and a total of three elsewhere.  There's rationale behind me putting the part you're inquiring about in brackets and adding "I'm content with ridding this ship of any unrighteous sailors before delving in and exploring such possibilities" at the end.  It was simply a speculative thought that I felt deserved to be put out there; I wouldn't bet that Imp, Egan, and Toony all secretly comprise a different mafia team, though I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if that turned out to be the case either.

Additionally, I want to point out that Jack asking to be modkilled and subsequently being persuaded to not do so reads like some elaborate charade to me.  Perhaps it was put on as an attempt to rid oneself of the pile-up by gaining sympathy.  Why would a person wish to be removed from the game due to in-game circumstances?  It definitely wasn't boredom here.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 18, 2023, 12:17:14 pm »

PFP

I am unfortunately in the "work hit hard" timeline.

I really want to address something quickly.

On page 17 (default) after Imp and I talk about pirates but before FoU says anything:

I should point out, I can recruit 3 pirates at end of Day 1, and no more.

EuchreJack   omg.  Okay, Pirates are scum.  They are red.  They need to die for town to win.  I'd vote you myself but maybe you're jester (I don't know if there are jester).

Why are you telling us this?

Webadict, if you're taking votes for that power use, I am considering nominating EuchreJack, mindful that this may be a bad idea.

We should, based on what I have been told, treat that as equivalent to EuchreJack offering to nominate folks into the mafia team - it's just the other scumteam, if that is what red means.  Based on the wording of my PM, it is also possible that there are scum teams that do not yet exist, or there may be more than 2.
Hm, no.
Imp

Only reason I'm not voting you is because you suddenly posted this after my vote on Toonyman, who also seems to be making wrong assumptions about pirates.

Scum team Imp & Toonyman?

What wrong assumption of pirates are we making here? I think this is a very odd thing to say.

Just after:

I'd say you could recruit me, but it would be a bad idea.
Awh, and we did so well until evil Toonyman joined us.  :'(
Oh well, guess others get the chance.

EuchreJack, you really need to answer my question; it wasn't just aimless rolefishing. What, exactly, does being made a Pirate do besides give access to a group chat?
It changes your alignment inspection to Pirate.
As you can probably have guessed by my softclaim to Toony of "Millers shouldn't claim", my alignment inspect is also Pirate.

Funny thing about those two: I can't see anything that says Pirate is mafia.  For all I know, Pirate inspects as teal, brown, blue. In other words, my assumption was that it is a third-party inspection, not a mafia inspection.

Jack: Please do not recruit Max or Toony. I would prefer not to explain why I am making this request until day 2, but will if it is insisted upon.
Max said it would be a bad idea to recruit him, and that is good enough for me.
I was never going to recruit Toony. He's too tricky as scum to risk it, and he's talented enough as town to not need it. He also got way too many chats in one of the Kill Webadict Nows, so there is a bit of compassion in that as well.

Also: See my above post as my "opening salvo".

Jack muses how he alignment inspects as Pirate but doesn't see anywhere that he's mafia. Hold on to that thought.

Later, when FoU confirns things in the thread:

FallacyofUrist I wish to ask you here:  Pirates, if pirates exist or come to exist, would they be anti-town?

In the opening post, I state that no alignments outside of the listed ones may exist. Pirates are not explicitly listed as an alignment. However...

(Very Rare, Requires Large Game) The other scumteam may take up any villainous-sounding factional name. They share the same rules and win condition as the Mafia - and yes, they will need to fight the Mafia in order to achieve their win condition, and vice versa, because it turns out this town isn't big enough for two groups of murderers.

The only way for Pirate to be an alignment would be for it to be a scumteam alignment.
Fuck you Fallacy. Yes, I believe I am allowed to say that, since you've fucked me pretty hard.

Who says this if they were town?

This is my interpretation:

On page 17 (default) when Jack isn't aware he's a MAFIA Pirate he talks very casually and normal. On pages 19 and 20 he realizes he's actually mafia and this is why he flips out and specifically gets mad at FoU for fucking him over. This is far too strong a reaction for a player who is simply a miller. If Jack was a miller like me his attitude would not have been this sour.

---

I think NQT is a decent Mafia pick, not my first pick but I wish they would help more.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 18, 2023, 12:46:24 pm »

@Toony:  I'll be honest about your earlier statement:  If EuchreJack flips Town, I don't want your life.  I don't want an apology.  I want your obedience.  Unquestioning, undying loyalty.  I get two votes to use instead of my one.  And in return, I offer mine to you.  Should EuchreJack flip some form of anti-Town, whether it be Pirate, Mafia, or even SK, I follow your lead.  Survivor or Hunter is a draw.  I'm basically already doing that, so what am I losing?

You have pushed a single case for the duration of the Day, and personally, I see you as a renegade vigilante, allowed to do as he wills provided the results come in.  I give this as a shortening of the chain I have afforded you.  I can't have you wasting time on single cases to be wrong, especially ones this big, so I put forth this ultimatum.

I have no power to do this and cannot force any arbitration upon the outcome, nor do I have any belief that I will survive Tomorrow given my claims, but that is what I want.

notquitetheresofanthielThe Canadian kittenEgan_BW.

Those are my preferred candidates.  I'm not sure who else is up for debate besides EuchreJack that isn't included in those, but start consolidating, folks.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 18, 2023, 12:53:13 pm »

Would not mind sofanthiel, but I think EuchreJack is a stronger case.

Mildly okay with a the Canadian kitten lynch, but not really hot on anybody else. I'll admit I haven't tracked cases on those players very closely.

webadict, this is important. Push for EJ's chat invitees publicly. I will keep saying this until you do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #863 on: December 18, 2023, 01:17:06 pm »

sofanthiel:
Why would a person wish to be removed from the game due to in-game circumstances?  It definitely wasn't boredom here.

EuchreJack:
[EuchreJack] flips out and specifically gets mad at FoU for fucking him over. This is far too strong a reaction for a player who is simply a miller. If Jack was a miller like me his attitude would not have been this sour.

because Fallacy said:

I see you. That's right, I see you, in particular.

in my dreamworld, I'd start with sixteen players (and we started with 18, we're in the mod's dreamworld)

so don't worry about missing out.

Please also send me a role name and/or role theme, which I will use to construct your in-game role. These can be anything within the rules of the forum, though I reserve the right to reject submissions I believe I can't work with. I will avoid doing this if at all possible, though.

And what else is said?

I believe that's is why EuchreJack is so despondent with their role, so upset.  In this game of dreams their dream appears, from the start to not have been given.  And there's no reason for that (it's hidden in others' roles).  In this 18 player game, we all should have a role very close to what we asked for, or a way to get that.

Right?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 18, 2023, 01:26:14 pm »

webadict, this is important. Push for EJ's chat invitees publicly. I will keep saying this until you do.
I don't really see why or how it's important.  If EuchreJack is scum, he will lie.  If EuchreJack is Town, there isn't a reason to give that information away to scum.  And if EuchreJack is executed, no one gets added.  This is a silly point to get caught up on.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 18, 2023, 01:49:33 pm »

Those are my preferred candidates.  I'm not sure who else is up for debate besides EuchreJack that isn't included in those, but start consolidating, folks.

My recent reads here, add to it Secretdorf as suspected Serial killer.

Why isn't Knightwing one of your preferred?
And why write off Secretdorf for D1 lynch?

My preferred lynch candidates now are any of, though roughly in this preference order:

Secretdorf, Knightwing, CrystalizedMire, sofanthiel, The Canadian kitten, Egan_BW, notquitethere

I don't really see why or how it's important.  If EuchreJack is scum, he will lie.  If EuchreJack is Town, there isn't a reason to give that information away to scum.  And if EuchreJack is executed, no one gets added.  This is a silly point to get caught up on.

It matters because if it is public knowledge that person A, B, C will be invited then we know what to think when person A, B, and/or C says "I never got an invite".  Or if person D implies they did.

As town expecting an invite and not sure if I walk into a trap or not, I also agree with Jim that everyone should know who expects invites.  As town right now, I mean for converted me to be detectable should conversion happen.  I can't mean that after conversion, and it's trash if I'm not town now.  But town me means for converted me to die, if I get converted.  If I am ever converted, I'll play to that new wincon with whatever mess I made for myself, and if I fail, town wins.  Right now, I want town to win.

I expect Max, Jim, and Imp to be receiving invites based on this, but I note that EuchreJack stated that may not be happening as previously said, wants to keep one invite private.  That almost scares me enough not to touch an invite if I get one.  I feel MUCH SAFER WITH THIS if it is public and as confirmable as possible.  I am serious, until I am converted I work toward 'me converted leads to me dead in a town-safer fashion' since I have town-unsafer ways to die.  I also think this is probably not conversion, thus I am participating.  It also looks 'made for me' in a 'maybe but maybe not trap' way.

Max has stated consequences if not invited and I believe Jim did too.  Imp has not stated any consequences, but agrees 1000% that this should be, as it already has been, very, very, very public and verifiable in multiple ways.

Also I had fears that Webadict was already converted, right after saying:
Also also, please ask Fallacy how mechanically your team chat works, because depending on how it works, you could possibly use it on me.

I think maybe Webadict had a uniqueness that let him be insta-given that invite, and could have been insta-converted.

So, Webadict, when I see that it is truly impossible that Webadict could have already been converted, this will really help me feel better about accepting any invitation I may be offered, as well as convincing me that of course Webadict wasn't converted.  I think I won't open it until I hear from the other players who were supposed to get one, confirming they got one, and I'll decide what else to do based on what I hear.

To me, EuchreJack is fully free to make any decisions that person chooses.  I'm not here to force anything, unless I think I must and can.  Currently those conditions are not met.

There's no way I ask for a votecount ... or anything much of anything ... but especially not a votecount with a I-think-there's-a-serial-killer-offering-them.

Imp thinks the current Vote Count is:
------------------------
EuchreJack          --6-- BlackHeartKabal*, ToonyMan*, Egan_BW*, notquitethere*, Jim Groovester*, Secretdorf*,
-> sofanthiel       --3-- Maximum Spin*, EuchreJack*, The Canadian kitten*,
notquitethere       --3-- Elephant Parade*, webadict*, Imp*,
Imp                 --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
The Canadian kitten --1-- Lenglon*,
Egan_BW             --0--
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --3-- Knightwing64, sofanthiel*, hector13*,

9 to hammer

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 18, 2023, 02:41:51 pm »

...am I the only one that works for a living?  ???

As for invites, they include Imp and Jim. Hiding the third.

Gotta get back to work.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 18, 2023, 02:45:12 pm »

My recent reads here, add to it Secretdorf as suspected Serial killer.

Why isn't Knightwing one of your preferred?
And why write off Secretdorf for D1 lynch?

My preferred lynch candidates now are any of, though roughly in this preference order:

Secretdorf, Knightwing, CrystalizedMire, sofanthiel, The Canadian kitten, Egan_BW, notquitethere
Well, that was certainly quick. Why did you change votes? Assuming that you're voting for the person you think is the most suspicious, why did you voted NQT when they are someone you are just uneasy about? I'm pretty certain you are bandwagoning early on because you are the third vote.
she/her

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 18, 2023, 02:51:16 pm »

Pfp

I've had a pretty full on few days RL, but things are beginning to open up. Obviously I'd normally have been a bit more engaged in the game. I've just been out the house a lot. But I'm back in the thread now.

Elephant Parade, I was voting EJ because a spiralling scum player makes more sense to me than a spiralling town in that same situation. Do you disagree? Imp has given an interesting reason to give EJ the benefit of the doubt... but could also just be because Imp is now a pirate.

Web, to be fair, I might be voting me in your shoes. Scum often lay lower post count.

Imp, why are you sheeping Web specifically?

More to come. What's up with Knightwing?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 18, 2023, 02:52:30 pm »

Elephant Parade, I was voting EJ because a spiralling scum player makes more sense to me than a spiralling town in that same situation. Do you disagree? Imp has given an interesting reason to give EJ the benefit of the doubt... but could also just be because Imp is now a pirate.
I didn't ask why you voted a person you didn't ask any questions, I asked why you didn't ask any questions of the person you were voting.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 207