Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: DIYCCG - Team One  (Read 10226 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: DIYCCG - Team One
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2023, 01:43:10 pm »

I can do it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2023, 05:09:48 pm »

Field Hospital is shockingly good defensively, since it'll instantly repair any of our Critters that are attacked.

Since it's using a secondary resource, 'Medicine', it'd make sense for it to be pink / yellow, but I can't appeal that this turn since I already used my appeal.

Let's take a look at our cards overall, ignoring the Grey starter cards.

0-cost cards: Tea Plantation, Mountain, Factory
1-cost cards: Polluted Wasteland
2-cost cards: Modern Reactor, Field Hospital
4-cost cards: Ushibo

Critters: Ushibo
Stickies: Tea Plantation, Mountain, Polluted Wasteland, Factory, Modern Reactor, Field Hospital
Tricks:

Hm.

Uh-oh. Don't like that.

Problem A: we only have one custom Critter, the Ushibo, and it's a 4-cost. While the Mountain creates token Critters, they're weaker than even the Generic Mooks, and get eaten by the Wasteland if we use it. Which may or may not be desirable, but still leaves us with only one real Critter.

Problem B: we have no custom Tricks.

Problem C: we have no lategame other than buffing up an Ushibo and praying it won't die to whatever their trump cards are.

We can't wholly deal with the consequences of our actions in just 3 card designs, but we can at least mitigate it.

I propose that we make one 0-cost green Critter, one high-cost Critter to serve as a true boss monster (7 or higher Rads cost and some absurd effects), and one high or medium-cost Trick.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2023, 05:40:47 pm »

ignoring the Grey starter cards.
Unless we make a replacement, we should put 6 Modest Demolitions in the deck.

Speaking of,
Name: Demolition
Cost: 1 Rads
Image:
Type: Trick
Color: Yellow
Effect: Destroy target sticky
Flavor text: Nothing a few crates of TNT won't fix
Rarity: Common
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2023, 06:04:33 pm »

Another deletion card to be considered. A little more generically targeted, and costly, but I think also more likely to be accepted by the GM.

Name: Rod from God
Cost: X + 1
Image:
Colour: ??
Effect: Destroy target Card with Rad Cost X or less
Flavour: Annihilation from orbit is an excellent deterrent

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2023, 06:29:51 pm »

And everyone's favorite:
Name: Counterspell
Cost: 2 rad
Image:
Type: Sticky
Colour: blue black
Effect: You may prevent target oponent card from resolving after they pay the cost, but before it takes effect. Destroy Counterspell if you do.
Flavour: It was probably a lousy card in the first place

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2023, 06:36:18 pm »

And everyone's favorite:
Nope, it's hard against the rules to play cards or manually use effects during your opponent's turn.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 06:37:54 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2023, 06:46:35 pm »

very well
Name: Eye for an eye
Cost: X rad
Image:
Colour: ?
Effect: Discard X cards, your opponent discards X+1 cards at random.
Flavour: It was probably a bunch of lousy cards in the first place
Rarity: Rare

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2023, 07:28:58 pm »

Name: Smiling Swarm
Cost: 4 Rads
Image:
Type: Critter
Color: Green/Pink
Effect:
Whenever rads are generated put a new instance of smiling swarm into play. Smiling swarm's strength and vitality are equal to the number of instances of smiling swarm in play times 10. If there are more than 10 instances of smiling swarm in play then destroy all critters in play. Flying
Flavor text: Friendship is volatile
Strength-Vitality: X*10 / X*10

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2023, 07:43:50 pm »

Name: Godzilla
Cost: 8 Rads
Image:
Type: Critter- Kaiju
Color: Green/Black
Effect:
This critter may not be the target of enemy tricks or stickies
When the controlling player gains a rad, this critter gains +10/+10
Trample
Flavor text: Godlier with every rad
Strength-Vitality: 100-50
Quote from: Trample
If this creature deals more damage to a critter than that critters vitality it may attack another time, with it's strength reduced by the amount of that critters vitality until end of turn.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2023, 08:13:34 pm »

Name: Psychic Nexus
Image:
Color: Green
Effect:
Whenever a rad is generated place a counter on psychic nexus. Your opponent's cards cost additional rads in order to play equal to the number of counters on psychic nexus. At the start of your turn you may exhaust a number of opponent's critters equal to the number of counters on psychic nexus.

Flavor text: It's psychic emanations pierced the brain like a nail. It paralysed an entire continent, nothing could even get close.
Strength-Vitality: 80-75
Rarity: Unique

Name: Growing Intensity
Cost: 1 rad
Image:
Colour: Yellow
Effect: Target a critter or sticky that uses and has counters or other similar mechanic. Double all counters on target card.
Flavour: Pump it louder!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2023, 08:16:21 pm »

Name: Treason
Cost: 1 rad
Image:
Colour: red
Effect: pay X tea to take control of target critter, where X is its rad cost.
Flavour: Welcome to the right side of history

Name: Rocket Launcher
Image:
Color: Red
Effect:
At the beginning of your turn put a green/red 50/10 rocket token with flying into play. It has the following effect:
If the opponent has more than one critter with flying, attack a random critter with flying.
Name: Rocket
Cost: N/A
Image:
Type: Token critter
Color: Green/red
Effect:
Flying
If the opponent has more than one critter with flying, attack a random critter with flying.
Strength-Vitality: 50-10
Rarity: N/A

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2023, 09:40:18 am »

Since it's using a secondary resource, 'Medicine', it'd make sense for it to be pink / yellow, but I can't appeal that this turn since I already used my appeal.
If you made a second card that could add more Medicine to a card, or move it around, or burn it for some other benefit- that might be Yellow. Just having a fancy name for keeping track of an effect within a single card doesn't make it Yellow.

And everyone's favorite:
Nope, it's hard against the rules to play cards or manually use effects during your opponent's turn.
Indeed. You can make a Counterspell effect, but it would have to trigger automatically with the opposing player able to resolve it themselves*. Otherwise they'd have to check in with you every time they played a card. In a game that is played live, that's not a huge hassle. However, rather than require players to wrangle schedules in order to be present at the same time, this game is designed for maximum Play-By-Post efficiency.

*Jerick actually proposed something along those lines a while ago:
Name: Disruptive Echo
Effects: If your opponent plays a trick they must discard it without activating its effects and then disruptive echo is also destroyed. (This destruction bypasses any and all effects that would prevent disruptive echos from being destroyed). If disruptive echo is in the discard pile you may pay 1 rad to add it back into your hand.

Whenever a rad is generated place a counter on psychic nexus. Your opponent's cards cost additional rads in order to play equal to the number of counters on psychic nexus. [other stuff]
While 8 Rads can get you some very powerful effects, this could very easily lock the opposing player out of the game entirely- just a single counter when they have no Rads remaining, and it's game over. I can think of ways of making it work (for example, 'opponent can remove (some amount of) counters if they don't play a card during their turn'), but bear in mind that I will be very hesitant to allow cards that can become literally unbeatable without significant setup.

E: Feedback requested:
Name: Demolition
Cost: 1 Rads
Color: Yellow
Effect: Destroy target sticky
A bit bland, but technically fine.

Name: Godzilla
Type: Critter- Kaiju
Color: Green/Black
Effect:
This critter may not be the target of enemy tricks or stickies
When the controlling player gains a rad, this critter gains +10/+10
Trample
Strength-Vitality: 100-50
Quote from: Trample
If this creature deals more damage to a critter than that critters vitality it may attack another time, with it's strength reduced by the amount of that critters vitality until end of turn.
Would probably get buffed a bit in the Vitality department- 8 Rads is a lot, having it die to a few attacks would be rather anticlimactic.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 03:08:16 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2023, 03:17:47 pm »

Whenever a rad is generated place a counter on psychic nexus. Your opponent's cards cost additional rads in order to play equal to the number of counters on psychic nexus. [other stuff]
While 8 Rads can get you some very powerful effects, this could very easily lock the opposing player out of the game entirely- just a single counter when they have no Rads remaining, and it's game over. I can think of ways of making it work (for example, 'opponent can remove (some amount of) counters if they don't play a card during their turn'), but bear in mind that I will be very hesitant to allow cards that can become literally unbeatable without significant setup.
Yeah that's plenty fair. I could maybe make it work by having the enemy be able to remove counters by discarding cards or something. But I'm not that bothered, it's too much of an anti-fun card at its core. I was mostly just brainstorming massive cards since we've got so much rad generation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2023, 04:11:57 pm »

Name: Acidmaw Gnawler
Cost: 0 Rads
Image:
Color: Green
Effect:
Venom 1
Flavor text: Its viciousness persists even after its inevitable demise.
Strength-Vitality: 20 / 10
Venom X: Place X Venom Counters on any Critter that this Critter damages.
Venom Counter: At the start of this Critter's controller's turn, deal 10 * (Venom Counters) damage to this Critter, then remove 1 Venom Counter.
Name: The Moon, Falling
Cost: 7 Rads
Image:
Color: Black
Effect:
Countdown 4
The Moon, Falling may be attacked by your opponent's Critters as though it was a player. Every 100 cumulative damage dealt to The Moon, Falling will add 1 to its Countdown.
When The Moon, Falling would be removed from your play area, except by Countdown End, instead its Countdown increases by 1.
Countdown End: All your opponent's cards in play are voided, and your opponent takes 30 damage for each one voided. Then void The Moon, Falling.
Flavor text: Of all the times to lose your ocarina.
Strength-Vitality: N/A
Rarity: Unique
Countdown X: At the start of each of your turns, this card's Countdown decreases by 1. At Countdown 0, trigger its Countdown End effect.
Void: A voided card totally ceases to exist within the game state. It may no longer be accessed, targeted, referred to, and so on.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2023, 06:11:49 am »

Time we got to voting;
Quote from: vote box
(1)Twisted Hound, Jerick
(1)Godzilla, Jerick
(1)Treason, Jerick
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16