Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: God-Kings! -Turn 12-  (Read 13588 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 7- (14/???)
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2023, 07:25:39 pm »

”Woe is me, for I had to deal with three conflicts since my arrival here on this reality I have to partake in, I can never be left alone? Is that too much too ask these days in these cycles?”

Minor Intervention: Create the Population Producer: A blue tesseract artifact that can rapidly improves a species population growth via magically spawning new members of that species into existence. The tesseract containing a inscription on the tesseract that Omnipotence can write and edit out the species names at will, in which the device will continuously produce new units of that designated species until a desired amount is attained, the current species being “Remnants of Lasers”

Minor Blessing: Council of Sand, utilize the Population Producer to massively increase the population growth of the Laser Remnants so that you can become a full-fledged civilization again, as well as providing me with MORE WORSHIP
EDIT:
VESSEL CHANGE: Become the Ancient Oligarch of the Council of Sand!
Stat Array:
Awe: 3+1
Law: 1
Might: 0

Second Minor Blessing:: Give a Blessing to the Sapamoeba chattel slaves in Gavrastii!, flee the enslavers!, do not revolt but instead escape!, you deserve your freedom in the safety of the Sandstone Fort.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 04:20:08 am by Shadowclaw777 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2023, 08:22:45 pm »

Quote from: Godchat
Pro tip from one who knows. You can revive the dead with a Minor Intervention. Go Phoenix, rebirth your followers.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2023, 10:52:35 pm »

Minor Intervention: Reshape the gratis head on the big turtle mountain to have a more kindly gaze to it, just small stuff like that.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2023, 12:49:41 am »

Esulom felt an incredible rage build within it, the countless voices rising in their hatred of yet another foreign god daring to manifest upon their sand-flesh. It's audacity of the Fire-Kin to manifest in the great destroyer! To proclaim to rein of fire-change upon it's body. However, it knew it was unlikely to best it's foe, the land of Esulom suited for bestowing the blessings and curses of the Mana, rather than use it's boundless power for more overt displays. It would leave it's mark, it would do all in it's power to smother this flame of ambition!

Minor Intervention:
Esulom disengages from it's previous plans.

Using it's connection to the Royal Sand Dynasty, Esulom brought the Sandking and Sandprinces. Upon which it fused their cores together, a bright blast of blinding Mana flaring as Esulom's Divine Mana and the Mind-Imprints held within the Mana was poured into it! As the Gestalt of Royalty, Imprints of the Sandborn, and Mana finished combining and shifting, the blinding light faded. Where once the worthy of the Royal Line stood, there remained a beating Heart of Pure Mana.

It then formed a body, similar to what Raven did with it's own Manaform, a body of Mana, first shifting into the form of a Sandfolk, a Wanderer, a Unlen, and then a Sratii, revealing it's complete control of it's form of Mana. It finally settled upon it's main Gestaltic shape, A large Sandfolk, many grafted limbs of the Sandprinces sprouting from it's back, headed by the face of the Last Sandking, the Crown of Astral Wisdom taking form upon it's brow.

This was the result, the ultimate culmination of generations of symbiosis with the Divine Mana, The King of Mana! It was the worthy vessel born to house the Divine Mana when it inevitably fell in it's clash against the Might of the Flame-Kin.

Esulom, now only one singular voice, felt much of the raging wrath disappear with transfer of the many voice-imprints into the King of Mana, but the cold hatred and determination remained.

Minor Blessings/Curses:
Esulom blessed the King of Mana, protecting it from any meddling from it's Kin until it could inhabit it's future vessel.

Misc Talking:
It was then that it contacted Raven, it's singular voice ringing out to it's beloved child.
"This shall likely be the last time I talk with you in my current life, Raven. For I can not tolerate the Fire-Kin's meddling upon my body, it's blatant possession of the corpse of the Destruction from the Sky. It will almost certainly be a battle I lose, which will force me from Esulom. Raven... I still believe in the dream of Mana Symbiosis, the one you inspired in me, my child. Live Raven... live free, and fight for what you believe in. You will always have my blessing... Goodbye"

With it's last acts set in order, the Divine Mana surged from the earth, releasing a blast of furious sound, as if the very region of Esulom was answering the Flame-Dragon's challenge. It would be a fight until one could not continue, until one finally gave up their vessel!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 02:22:08 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2023, 01:30:46 am »

Revolution is annoyed. Vetriel has a headache from the ranting.

They do realize that I need worship if I'm going to be able to do anything effective, right? I want to give them magic, I can't do that if I never get an Intervention large enough to make something at that scale! Cris and Storm have more than enough worshippers, Cris can't even use all the interventions they have!

Vetriel took another sip of calming tea. "Have you considered doing something more obvious?"

I AM TRYING TO GET THE RESOURCES FOR SOMETHING MORE OBVIOUS!

She sighed, drained the rest of the cup, and grabbed a new cup that was finishing steeping. "Storm just restored the entire ecosystem, and Neetocris' followers also took advantage of the situation. And as both of their religions are rather more structured than yours, they also both capitalized on the results. You don't have any rituals, precious few commandments, and the tenets you provide are secular enough to not stop people from participating in other, more-involved godcults. Make something that's more obvious."

...fine. Fine! I can do obvious. I can do religion, I'm a god, religion should be easy!

Queen Vetriel already knew that it wouldn't be.

Minor Intervention: Revolution tries to set up a dedicated religious structure focused around themselves in order to get more of the worship that the people of their kingdom are producing. At the moment, that primarily came from finding some of the adventurers most dedicated to Revolution, declaring them to be their new clerics, and then getting them all together to hash out what a religion to Revolution should actually be, because the swordgod has no fucking clue.

b2: Revolution blesses Queen Vetriel with wisdom and insight into the skills of others. Cancelled. No longer necessary, I think.
Minor Blessing: Bless the endeavors of Revolution's new clerics in developing an actual structure for the worship of Revolution. Because good gods they will need the help.
On the bright side, the tea-sellers are making good money.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 08, 2023, 05:39:14 am »

Locked in battle with THESUN, who was furious at his lack of remorse, Keseem thought tooth and Nail against him. Not entierly wishing THESUN dead, though, he sought to perhaps redirect his strike to another more deserving.

Use my Major Intervention to either Redirect THESUNS attack to the Meteor, defend myself, or use it to destroy THESUNS current Vessel, depending on whats feasable, though hope the former can be pulled off.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:55:54 pm by Megam0nkey »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2023, 12:03:59 pm »

[ACTION].[WILL].[EON] experiences annoyance about yet another prison riot. Obviously, nuclear deterrence doesn't work here. Fine, have it your way.

[ACTION].[WILL].[EON] attempts to use a Major Intervention to upgrade the wiring on his satellite, increasing his own stats to the maximum possible extent.
Since a Minor Intervention can lower a single stat by 1, it seems like this should at least be able to increase all stats by 1 each.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 06:58:05 pm by Maximum Spin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2023, 06:09:36 pm »

Major Intervention: Ignoring the state of the world below, Taki climbs up the stars intent on stabbing that big screen to death with a bowie knife.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 08, 2023, 06:58:35 pm »

No, never mind all this.
[ACTION].[WILL].[EON] focuses his major intervention into a terrible beam of wrath, annihilating the Vast Dust and all its contents, especially the Wanderer city, and most especially the bloodline of Taki, altogether, leaving only a great hole in the world and hopefully forcing him to reincarnate as something weaker in the future. Like a duck.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 11:36:32 am by Maximum Spin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 09, 2023, 11:24:02 am »

Spoiler: RUT VAR (click to show/hide)

RUT VAR gazes long on the words written in gold on the sky and sighed, for the shuddering storm had proved to be cooperative. With sorrow in their heart they turn to the land of Scaple.

RUT GRATIS VAR COMES. THE FUNGAL PATH HAS DRAWN NOTICE AND DEMANDS DESTRUCTION. MAY YOU FIND A NEW VESSEL, BUT SCAPLE SHALL BE RUINED.

Major Intervention: RUT VAR destroys the vessel of Scaple with blood and fire, breaking the land in upheaval.

Minor Curse: On Dragons who attack those loyal to RUT GRATIS VAR, may they wither and die. 

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 09, 2023, 12:00:21 pm »

Revolution-in-Vetriel looks out at the other God-Kings.

"...we may need to build an ark and pray."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2023, 12:35:17 pm »

(Wait, haven't we already established that there are snakes in the vast dust?)
she/her

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2023, 01:16:16 pm »

(Wait, haven't we already established that there are snakes in the vast dust?)
(There are, yes)

edit: if it's about worship they were computed in the Scaplesnek
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:30:09 pm by Nakéen »

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2023, 01:56:34 pm »

Nevermind, this form can die. the starlight god will use his power to save his people from certain destruction, deflecting it away from the planet, night and day

”I know you intend for my death, THESUN, and if you wish you can destroy my form…for I will not stop you. but please…let me save my people first. Even if you grow a change of heart and do not…I will accept your dominance of day….I simply wished to preserve the wonders of the world that I loved…I am sorry for lashing out…”
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:00:42 pm by Megam0nkey »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2023, 02:22:55 pm »

Nevermind, this form can die. the starlight god will use his power to save his people from certain destruction, deflecting it away from the planet, night and day

”I know you intend for my death, THESUN, and if you wish you can destroy my form…for I will not stop you. but please…let me save my people first. Even if you grow a change of heart and do not…I will accept your dominance of day….I simply wished to preserve the wonders of the world that I loved…I am sorry for lashing out…”
Misc: THESUN is supportive of Kesem's noble rescue attempt. THETHIRDSUN will devour them when the proper hour arrives, after Vast Dust's fate has been decided.

With the submission of Kesem, Starlit Dragon of the Night Sky, certain murderous futures are averted, mere mirages of SUNlight. Great lances of light and heat spill from THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame's beak, imprinting great shining solar brands on the wings of Kesem, Starlit Dragon of the Night Sky, showing clearly their position in the Heaven Hierarchy, subordinate to THESUN.

Minor Intervention: Brand Kesem's vessel with brands of solar fealty, lowering its Awe by 1.

Misc: A patch of heat haze informs my ten blessed worshippers that their blessing will fade away, so that solar energies can be focused on blessing all of Gempria with prosperity and plenty.

Cancel 10 dedicated wise faithful blessing (b1)

Major Blessing: THESUN passes the EMERGENCY GEMPRIA PRESERVATION ACT, a Major Blessing upon the region of Gempria, making its field of self into a palpable presence, which rebuffs all attempts of God-King possession, and fills the entire region with great prosperity and bounty, making it the most pleasant and comfortable and beautiful and inspiring place to live in this entire prison.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 04:35:42 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27