Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: God-Kings! -Turn 12-  (Read 13608 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 6- (14/???)
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2023, 02:33:23 pm »

The Storm that was Threaded awoke and consumed and and grew and knew. It spoke and made congress with the minds its tendrils had taught; it communed with the Wisemen and Wisewomen and bade their leaders to answer it. It spoke of realities, of submission, of peace, and renewal.

"We wake once more and see good, and also bad. We see conquerors from the North and see bloodshed. We are at loss and at peace and so we wonder; why fight? Your loyalty is not to a monarch, but to nature and to your own craft. Sovereignty is not a font of power, merely a cloak that one wears. To take on the cloak of fealty, one can uncover secrets and powers denied to those who try to stand unfettered. Answer us with true heart and answer us soon, for it will factor into what is to come."

"Answer too this question; would you prefer the gods to trifle in the biome of Scaple-which-is-We once more or is perhaps the status quo comfortable in its manner, in its class of being established, of being known?."

<We are but spore-souls, made greater in our understanding of a grander design. Of nature, and cycles of harmony, and disharmony.>
<We are but listening-hands. And so we declare once more: your blessed will is where the heart leads.>

Such did the Council of Wisemen respond to the Scaple-Communion, ready to act, or surrender, all in the name of the Threaded Storm.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2023, 02:35:33 pm »

Kesems cloak had wrapped upon the Dragon, and thus the stars alligned, and so the Dragon was Kesem. The great Wyrm glanced at his surroundings, and immediatly noticed his foes. With mighty breath of hot stars and batting of thousands of wings of shade upon his body, the Wyrm used its strength to Knock his enemies aside, intent on ensuring night and days continuing equilibrium.

With his meer voice and pressense, he informed his people who watched the stars of his change in form, and pledged that they would no longer live days or years in either light or darkness.

Name: Kesem, Starlit dragon of the night sky
Crime: Gave some mortals secrets they probably should not have known
Vessel Type: Construct?
Vessel Appearance: A enormous dragon, Barreling across the sky in its massive form. Binding Night and Day.
Vessel Attributes:
Awe - 2
Law - 3
Might - 2

Use a Minor Curse to ensure that the current two envoys fighting me will receive little succsess in destroying or harming my form. Otherwise, use a Minor intervention to impede their efforts if that is unavailible.

My Misc action is informing my people of my new form.

To THESUN, master of day it spoke

"I have no quarrel with you, and respect your glory in creation. I simply wish to ensure balance in the sky, to protect the night and day from those who would destroy it. Instead of vast periods of light and darkness, I wish to ensure calm and organized change. I ask you to tell your envoy to stand down, and I will no longer battle against it. Together, we can work against the meteorite."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 02:40:59 pm by Megam0nkey »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2023, 02:37:42 pm »

@Ferina/(Crystalizedmire) ”You are the god of snakes, beautiful songbirds, and trees. May I ask for some assistance? the Mountainfolk believe it’s okay to just make a bunch of slave-colonies from the people from different lands and that’s not ethical or morally okay. Can you use your Major Intervention to fight against the Mountainpeople?”
Sure! Should I create a bunch of beasts or curse the Mountainfolks?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2023, 03:19:36 pm »

[ACTION].[WILL].[EON] thinks to himself, why does everyone else keep exploding all the time? It seems so much effort.

[ACTION].[WILL].[EON] uses a minor intervention to place a deep and silent spring, the Font of Quiet, in a cavern in the tunnels deep under Esulom, far enough to escape the fury of the mountain. The Font of Quiet has the power to wash away the accumulated memories of a troubled soul, restoring the peace of the newborn and holding those memories safe in its waters for later use. Importantly, it does not wash away memories indiscriminately, but only enough to bring rest to those who have lost sight of their natures.
He then sends his Angels, informed of the threat and of the haven and of his will, to round up the Soul-Things anywhere in Esulom and preach to them, reminding them that they are the children of [ACTION].[WILL].[EON], and this time he has even decided to pay child support (for now): if they would escape the coming devastation, they must pledge to obey [ACTION].[WILL].[EON] and follow the angels into the tunnels, where they will be brought to a new promised land where [ACTION].[WILL].[EON] will ease their philosophical suffering. They are encouraged to bring along anyone else of other species who can be convinced to follow [ACTION].[WILL].[EON], especially Sratii; since Sratii remaining with them of their own free will will protect them from the curse of the peak-demon.

It seems there is no longer a need. I guess plop down an equivalent Font of Quiet wherever's convenient and tell the Soul-Things to go there because Esolum is no longer going to be destroyed. Or whatever.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 07:10:53 pm by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2023, 04:04:50 pm »

Revolution-In-Vetriel looked over the battlefield. The land was crossed with uprooted tunnels and gouges in the earth; out to the horizon, ruins had been toppled and dismantled for little reason but disregard for the surface. Who knew how much might be further damaged below the surface?

Their eyes flared, and the weight of Law settled over the land.

c1: Revolution curses people who would attempt to invade Scaple. Discarded
Major Curse: Any who attempt to war against the Adventurer Kingdom will find all such efforts to be stymied.

Hello, Gavrasratii.” The words are polite, kind even, but there is a force behind them that belies their source. “These people are under my protection. Should you continue to attempt to conquer them by force, recognize that fate and fortune shall bend against you.
Of course,
” they say, their voice taking on a coy tone, “I would not restrict more productive courses of action. If you seek something within Scaple, feel free to ask. Trade, conducted properly and fairly, will take you quite far. If you wish to explore the land, I am certain that your subterranean skills will be quite useful to any team of archeologists. I am not even asking you to leave those settlements that you have already come to reside in.
Their voice hardens again. “But this conquest frippery shall cease here. It is a waste of all of our valuable time, effort, and lives. Continue to pursue it at your own risks, as the cost of war shall be on you. I trust that you can make better decisions than this.

Spoiler: Elsewhen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 04:21:02 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2023, 04:48:59 pm »

"Rut-var, Gratis, we have come to bargain. Tell your people to cease their warmongering in Scaple  and in return, the land and its peoples will submit to a degree of exploitation. No more lives ought be stolen or sacrificed. We require only that the myriad realms of Scaple be allowed to govern their own affairs and that free travel be allowed for all between the lands of the North and East. Our Wisemen and Wisewomen have much to offer the empire."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 05:29:00 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2023, 06:43:30 pm »

@Ferina/(Crystalizedmire) ”You are the god of snakes, beautiful songbirds, and trees. May I ask for some assistance? the Mountainfolk believe it’s okay to just make a bunch of slave-colonies from the people from different lands and that’s not ethical or morally okay. Can you use your Major Intervention to fight against the Mountainpeople?”
All assistance is great!, just create a bunch of monstrous beasts and place them on Rut Gratis Var with an appetite for Sratii
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:48:35 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2023, 07:10:53 pm »

All assistance is great!, just create a bunch of monstrous beasts and place them on Rut Gratis Var with an appetite for Sratii
I wouldn't call them monstrous but okay.
Ferina
Major Intervention: Create a major intervention's worth of dragons on Rut Gratis Var:
Large feathered lizards with enormous wings, a venomous bite, and are able to breathe fire.
This should at least mildly hinder them.
Minor bless: remove all blessings and minor bless a minor blessing's worth of dragons
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 07:12:50 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2023, 08:43:55 pm »

"Rut-var, Gratis, we have come to bargain. Tell your people to cease their warmongering in Scaple  and in return, the land and its peoples will submit to a degree of exploitation. No more lives ought be stolen or sacrificed. We require only that the myriad realms of Scaple be allowed to govern their own affairs and that free travel be allowed for all between the lands of the North and East. Our Wisemen and Wisewomen have much to offer the empire."

Gratis, and Rut-var will accept the deal.

Maj Int: Give Knowledge of construction of magical barrier similar to the ones deployed by Rut Gratis Var but on a smaller scale that can be constructed by the Sratii

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2023, 11:50:25 pm »

“Your worshipper-crops affect my worshipper-crop minions, cease your claim from my lands, because it affects the thing providing me with worship, or there will an end of all things.”

Minor Intervention: Create the Devourers, eldritch horrors that take the shape of lobster wraiths that are made out of the void and shadow. These entities entire purpose is devour souls so that they can use the soul-energy to split into two devourers, repeating the cycle. The wraiths are made from the magical plane and do not in exist in the physical reality meaning that physical weapons do not really affect them and are very effecting at soul-devouring and floating. Currently their main appetite is heavily that of Sratii. Place as many as one can on the largest Gavrastii Colony in Esulom

Minor Blessing: Council of Sand

Council of Sand, you need to unite the the Sapamobas and tell them to join the Kingdom of Laser as servants, first off I am the one who created you and second off if you don’t join the resistance then your going to permanently end up as chattel slaves. Stay with your Isolationistic-Defensive ways for now, accept the reality that you are now Fungalfolk, as well as forming a resistance against the colonies that have taken hold in this land, they will all disappear soon.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 12:48:40 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2023, 03:09:40 am »

The Threads spoke and shuddered, bidding the Wisemen and Wisewomen to listen oncemore.

"We speak once more. A deal has been brokered peace with the Northerners in return for nominal submission. The horned ones shall be given a tribute  of the land and in return, all of Scaple will know peace. Truly too, you shall know safety, for all the peoples of Scaple may now freely walk within the lands of the Empire. Which is what we wish to speak of most curiously."

"It is the practice of the north to sacrifice life to beget power. Power in all forms is useful, regardless of source. I bid you to make pilgrimage to that altar in the far north but to shed no blood. Instead, I ask you to cultivate great fields of bamboo and shroom and make offering of life in that matter. It is our will to see the Circle strengthened for what lies ahead, and we would find it a sad fate not to make use of all we can."

"We shall ease the way and grant boon and enrich our flesh oncemore. Make use of our grant and enrich yourselves thusly. Do not tarry for grand destiny - grand beauty - lies ahead."

Revoke Minor Blessing from Shamans

Major Blessing (converted from a MI): Circle of Wise(wo)men. The spellcasters of the Circle are to by granted strengthened magic, gardening ability and luck. Any who sacrifice at the altar of Rut-Var shall gain the gifts previously granted by Rut-Var, as well as even stronger command of the magicks they already know. Furthermore, they shall forevermore have a slight scent of ozone around them.

Major Intervention: Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread casts the Greater Spell of Realm That Jungled over the lands of Scaple. With booming will and stunning bounty, it is decreed that Scaple will become a land of tropical climate. It shall be - and was henceforth - a land of heat and moisture, but also magical fecundity within its soil that renews itself with chemicals yearly. Also, magic. The conditions are such, that they are perfect conditions for Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread's rain-spore to take thread, growing into a wonderous ecosystem across the land. As a consequence of these new conditions, rot festers much more quickly, taking both the dead and unmaintained constructions into Life's beautiful cycle of decay and rebirth. Great fungal and bamboo jungles will grow from Scaple, and so too shall the bounty of the mush be available to all who venture here. Elementals that consume the magical energies of the Greater Spell of Realm That Jungled become mush-aligned and fungal in form.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 03:11:17 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2023, 04:23:29 am »

"I have no quarrel with you, and respect your glory in creation. I simply wish to ensure balance in the sky, to protect the night and day from those who would destroy it. Instead of vast periods of light and darkness, I wish to ensure calm and organized change. I ask you to tell your envoy to stand down, and I will no longer battle against it. Together, we can work against the meteorite."
Your foolish worm, envious of the endless glories of Gempria, sought to destroy that which it could never achieve itself. It must be humbled and taught its place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2023, 08:34:41 am »

Your foolish worm, envious of the endless glories of Gempria, sought to destroy that which it could never achieve itself. It must be humbled and taught its place.
Who seeks to deny me my chosen glory? O cursed dragon, you shall fall to the earth. Interloper's Pet.

Tim will focus on killing the Dragon net turn, no matter who inhabits it. They called dibs. Kill it, kill it with sunfire. Before it eclipses THESUN and Flame.

False Alarm. Tim heard Dragon and thought Dragon.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 09:13:23 am by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2023, 09:07:25 am »

Major Intervention: Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread casts the Greater Spell of Realm That Jungled over the lands of Scaple. With booming will and stunning bounty, it is decreed that Scaple will become a land of tropical climate. It shall be - and was henceforth - a land of heat and moisture, but also magical fecundity within its soil that renews itself with chemicals yearly. Also, magic. The conditions are such, that they are perfect conditions for Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread's rain-spore to take thread, growing into a wonderous ecosystem across the land. As a consequence of these new conditions, rot festers much more quickly, taking both the dead and unmaintained constructions into Life's beautiful cycle of decay and rebirth. Great fungal and bamboo jungles will grow from Scaple, and so too shall the bounty of the mush be available to all who venture here. Elementals that consume the magical energies of the Greater Spell of Realm That Jungled become mush-aligned and fungal in form.
Please make sure to have this wipe away the Corruption. I don’t want that coming back immediately.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2023, 12:51:46 pm »

"I have no quarrel with you, and respect your glory in creation. I simply wish to ensure balance in the sky, to protect the night and day from those who would destroy it. Instead of vast periods of light and darkness, I wish to ensure calm and organized change. I ask you to tell your envoy to stand down, and I will no longer battle against it. Together, we can work against the meteorite." [/i]

”Then I assure you this…I do not envy Gemperia…I hope that mine never must suffer eternal day again! How do your people sleep? Can they ever feel the cold? Do they ever know wonder at what might be beyond their world? These are what my people are losing, when it was clogged by eternal sun upon the desert. The night has been pleading to stop its silence…and I must oblige.”/i]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 12:55:06 pm by Megam0nkey »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27