Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.2: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)  (Read 8091 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 3.2: Year 1 Month of Gast (6/6)
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2023, 07:58:22 pm »

On Treasures.
Players will now have equipment slots for treasures. For now, I will go with:
- Weapon Slot
- Armour Slot
- Accessory Slot 1
- Accessory Slot 2

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2023, 08:27:41 pm »

Duke Gul'Athur

Personal Request - Extended
"Given that us Monsters haven't developed a civilization on this scale in recent generations your questions, Its easy to see how one might be confused. Well then, allow me to elaborate! I wish for Zethe to become a nation that can stand the test of time. At the behest of our king we have expanded our borders, and I see no reason to suspect it will not be expanded further in the months that are to come."

"Roads, Housing, Walls, Farmland, Reservoirs, Workshops, Repair, Waste management, Mines. These are but a few of the many things we will need to construct in the years to come and even I won't be able to accomplish all of this on my own. What we need to do is have a process in place to quickly and efficiently develop our territories both now and in the future!"

(The primary goal here is to be able to work on multiple construction projects simultaneously. Seems like a logical thing we would be able to do with additional materials, food and an increasing population)

Action
Duke Gul'Athur will organize a scouting mission for the Unnamed Jungle at Distance 2.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 08:29:28 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2023, 10:17:03 pm »

given the nature of the needle (and its rather harsh downsides) is it possible to go into the negative for stats like strength? because if it is, that item could prove dangerous to equip (negative HP= DEATH)
file a royal request for aid on researching the origin of the blue blood needle, and the exact nature of it’s unusual properties for refinement or disposal as needed. surely whatever creature this sample was taken from had paramount skills when it came to the channeling of magical energy.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2023, 10:30:43 pm »

Gnarl seems to ponder this for a long moment, then sighs. It's then that Fenia would hear the reason why Gnarl lacked much tact with the whole 'Mistress' ordeal.
"I'll never understand why gendered races have such a hard time coupling to produce children. I spawned every Gremlin on this mountain myself, as is my duty, and you all have two of you for the task. All these romantics or whatever it's called simply baffle me." Fenia now had the context to figure out why such a powerful and intelligent monster seemed to lack understand of why her and Radeus didn't seem as eager as him on the 'Mistress' idea... did Gnarl even really know how normal monsters had relationships and reproduced?

Downtime:
With so many requests involving the need for arcane knowledge, the Old Shaman stuck around for a while longer. Deciding to help the smiths in their attempts at making a Magical Forge, using his many years of studying the Arcane.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2023, 01:18:20 am »

(The primary goal here is to be able to work on multiple construction projects simultaneously. Seems like a logical thing we would be able to do with additional materials, food and an increasing population)
I understand well the intent behind it, but that's beyond the scope of the game as it is. The imposed action limit is very much on purpose, to keep the game manageable and prevent it from dying like the previous too ambitious iterations.

I will very much not allow players from managing multiple projects/tasks/expeditions at once. No for instance ordering pseudo-player entities to do the exploration or development for you (officers, organisations, etc...).

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2023, 01:19:19 am »

given the nature of the needle (and its rather harsh downsides) is it possible to go into the negative for stats like strength? because if it is, that item could prove dangerous to equip (negative HP= DEATH)
I thought about it, but that would be too harsh. Stats won't go below 0.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2023, 01:23:08 am »

Ot'ku Bo
Personal Request - Find me a second in command, someone to Lead my troops while I'm raging and rampaging through the forces of our enemies.

Personal Action - Travel to Un-named Wasteland (distance 2 region) for the purpose of exploring.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2023, 01:09:39 pm »

Roll rolls on to the Desert Scouting.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2023, 01:22:59 pm »

Quickly writing something for Roll. To clarify, Roll returned to Tartarus before moving to another Region because you are not able to move from a Region to another Region if you are not moving from or to a Base of Operations. My bad if it wasn't clear.

Roll the Wheelie

Roll reached the recently discovered Unnamed Desert. It was an expanse of rock and sand called the Falmasar Desert by the natives. It was mainly home to two warring groups: the Spathan Draconid Tribes, draconic warrior-smiths known for their Scaleblades, and the Radiant Formicant Legion, an organized superhive of ant monsters using solar powers.

Biome: Desert
Savagery: High
Allegiance: Unknown
Resources: Unknown
Region Characteristics:
- Extreme Heat
Population:
Dominant: Spathan Draconid Tribes, Radiant Formicant Legion
Minor: Unknown

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2023, 01:56:59 pm »

Rama assists in the building of a magic workshop.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2023, 04:28:43 pm »

Eversor naturally equips his newfound weapon and artifact, if he hadn't done so already.

As his previous request was made obsolete, Eversor will instead request that a place where Lords may develop new tactics and strategies be made within Tartarus.

In the meantime, as his last act before preparing to leave the Capital, the armored Lord will attempt to develop a new Tactic, simple but effective - involving personally charging into the midst of the enemy, drawing all attention onto himself while allowing his aura to billow out with unrestrained force to further weaken the enemy.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2023, 05:14:28 pm »

So... How do I fix my request?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2023, 05:37:03 pm »

So... How do I fix my request?
It's better you ask something else, the request as it is won't produce the desired effect of having regions passively develop without intervention of the players as fast as if the players were involved. Players can choose never to develop regions, development will eventually occur, but not as quickly as if the players had intervened.

To "fix" your request and stay in line with the infrastructure development idea, you could ask for a specific infrastructure to be built somewhere controlled by the Kingdom.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2023, 07:24:19 pm »

Would a bonus to construction actions be acceptable?
I would have totally accepted your argument for limiting construction as a game longevity thing if you didn't just create yet another game thread.
Failing that, lets just do Tric's quarry idea.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 08:39:48 pm by Supernerd »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2023, 07:44:01 pm »

Would suggest a Quarry be built. Which would give stone supplies for building.
Alternatively, make some roads. Though cobblestone is probably best to have abundant first.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12