Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.2: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)  (Read 8070 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.1: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2023, 05:41:41 am »

PLAYER STATUS

ADVISORS STATUS

--Skills and Traits incomplete--

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2023, 05:45:54 am »

Useful thing:
- Info about task progress of controlled regions has been added. This only affect resources.

Favours:
- I thought I had explained it, so just in case I'm re-explaining it again. Favours may be called upon to gain a bonus to a Task, starting at 4 and increasing if contextually appropriate. Favours may also be called to procure yourselves supplies if it seems appropriate.

edit: forgot to handle Gnarl's request for an elite squad. Will do that later.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2023, 11:58:35 am »

Duke Gul'Athur

Personal Request
Duke Gul'Athur will put in a request to begin a project to attempt produce Quality Wood in the Plains of Latze. The plan would be to collect seeds from some of the highest quality trees in the Grenvud Forests, plant them in fertile soil, and calling on the assistance of the local Nature Spirits to help the trees grow.

Action
Gul'Athur will return to the Capital, and begin construction on a road that will connect Tartarus and the Parabes Mountain Ridge. Stretch goals include setting up a trade route and an alternate path that can be used in the event of natural events such as rockslides.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2023, 09:56:32 pm »

Ot'ku Bo
Oni Inspiring Charge > Parabes Ogre Warriors, *ALL IN*
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2023, 12:30:15 am »

Gnarl admired his new Albedine Staff, feeling quite happy with it's ability to focus his magic, and it's uses for blunt violence. Speaking of-

Whack! One of his idiot sons' teeth went flying!

"You ungrateful lout, stop laying around before I send you to be beaten into shape with the others! We got work to do, and your wasting our King's time by laying about!"

Gnarl went to find Advisor Azarian.
"Hello, Advisor Azarian. We haven't had much chance to talk, but Lord Eversor speaks highly of you and I've heard from others that your well versed in matters Arcane. As a fellow monster of wisdom and intellect, I was wondering if perhaps you would want to join me on a research expedition to the Parabes Mountains, to study the Corite that I've seen reports of. You'd certainly save me from having my dullard spawn as my only company."

Gnarl takes his moronic bandit sons on an expedition to go study the Corite in the Parabes Mountains. Inviting Azarian to join him, and save him from having to watch his sons try to eat rocks as his only entertainment on the journey.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 12:37:42 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2023, 02:53:35 am »

Skirmish in the Abyros Deadland

Battlefield Name: Abyros Deadland
Battlefield Effect: Every Living Squad are afflicted by a -1 malus to CR.

Ot'Ku Bo Army:
Tactic: Oni Inspiring Charge [LEA 1]: your Oni and Ogre squads gain +2CR and an additional +1CR per 2 LEA when attacking.

OKB: Ot'Ku Bo 5/5 (1d12+4)
POW - Parabes Ogre Warriors 3/3 1d8+3

Undead Forces:
Tactic: Frontal Assault
HUD: High-Undead 2/2 (1d8)
UDM1 - Undead Monsters 1/1 (1d4)
UDM2 - Undead Monsters 1/1 (1d4)
UDM3 - Undead Monsters 1/1 (1d4)
UDM4 - Undead Monsters 1/1 (1d4)

Ot'Ku Bo his forces battle Undead Forces roaming the Abyros Deadland.
Ot'Ku Bo and his Ogres rush into a Oni Inspiring Charge. The Ogres get lightly wounded in the first clash, but they then easily cut down all the Undead.

The Undead have been annihilated.

Battle Result:
None

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 3.2: Year 1 Month of Gast (6/6)
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2023, 02:59:25 am »

Gnarl stroked a silvery mutton chop in thought. "Yes, it does appear that the material won't yield their mysteries easily. And I must admit, their full application does interest me as well. Indeed, you have my support Lord Eversor!"

Gnarl agrees to help Eversor research the twin ores of Albedine and Nigredine.

Royal Favor for Elite Squad:
The Old Gremlin decides to cash in his recent royal favor. Hoping to get the most experience and resilient of his brood outfitted and trained to be a proper core bodyguard. The Elder Bandit could teach his spawn how to ambush and whittle down a force, but he lacked the experience in whipping a heavier, more disciplined force into shape.

A message arrived from Endovar.
"My sincerest apologies for the delay, Lord Gnarl. I am ashamed to admit that finding suitably competent Gremlins to train and arm were not an easy task. May your brood serve you well."

Gnarl didn't recognize the Gremlins who came to him with this sealed letter. They were disciplined, loyal, and competent.

Quote from: Gremlin Broodguard
Name: Gremlin Broodguard
Description: Elite Gremlins tasked with protecting the progenitor of their brood. They have transcended typical Gremlin uselessness through grueling training and verbal abuse.
Health: 3
Combat Dice: 1d10+2
Traits:
- Superior Armours: +2HP
- Superior Weapons: +2CR
- Bodyguards: provide +1CR to the Leader when the Leader is Defending (non-stackable)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2023, 05:33:43 am »

Rama (2/0/0/4): Downtime in Tartarus

- Ot'Ku Bo's Request: Find a Second in Command
Attribute: LEA 4
Bonus: Rakshasha Noble (4) Capable Organizer (4)
Goal: 8
Roll [5d6]: 8+[21]= 29

Rama suggested that he simply assume leadership of Ot'Ku Bo's army while Ot'Ku Bo focused on what he could do best. The request was accepted, and Rama would be placed under Ot'Ku Bo's command to manage his troops. Rama also managed to find an Oni officer that could serve as 2nd in command if Rama refused his own suggestion.

GM: This will not allow Ot'Ku Bo to control more squads than he currently can. Refer to Turn 1.3 to see what happens when a player joins another player's army. Rama will become part of Ot'Ku Bo's army, but Ot'Ku Bo will keep using its own Squad limit, which must be able to accomodate all troops under Rama's control if he has any.
Rama will not be able to place Ot'Ku Bo in his army either, as Rama is not a Lord and thus not allowed to command and lead armies outside of the Capital.

This doesn't seem very helpful to either of us, so I will decline and send an NPC, on the assumption that Crazyabe does not want to reverse the leadership arrangement.

Redgold seems very crimson- and dawn-y, so I'll bring my cursed item to that cheerful demon mage to see if it helps.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2023, 08:18:52 am »

Sshiny-bright. Thee could be a good ally, given what I learned about the Titans of old.
Roll and her army go to speak with nearby elementals. Expecting a fight given how they dislike territory being tread, keep our distance until we can talk it out directly with some leaders. Even if that involves contests.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2023, 09:00:52 am »

Eversor gazed at his new, but already replaced mace with some consternation, his other armored gauntlet holding an ebon, masterfully crafted mace that was somewhat smaller, but no less heavier, the head and haft bearing fine engravings and far more of an elegant weapon compared to the last two. Perhaps one of the other Lords could find some use for his bounty from Tartarus? The Armor looked at Lord Gnarl, dismissing him as a candidate immediately - the weapon was literally larger than the Gremlin Elder. Lord Unipent? No... no hands. Lord Ot'Ku Bo? On an expedition... Perhaps the Far'Gloen Duke? Expedition...

The Armor let out an echoing sigh, walking towards the Armory.

Eversor receives a Nigredine Mace, his old Enchanted Mace being stored within the Armory for a different Lord to use.

Then, Eversor will cash in his remaining Royal Favor for armor for the... Armor. Hm. Perhaps a magic item or alternatively etching runes onto his plates would be a simpler affair.

With his Personal Request being fulfilled thanks to Azarian's help, the Armor of Zethe will then request that the Mining Village of the Parabes Mountains be expanded, building the necessary infrastructure to support extracting Rare Ores.

With all of that done, Eversor will gather his warriors and set out to the unexplored Tundra.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2023, 01:40:18 am »

Ot'ku Bo
Return to Tartarus, this is clearly not a land for Ogres.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2023, 06:14:19 pm »

"I would be happy to aid another lord of Zethe, even if my talents are of little impact. Being out and about is something I missed dearly, and I remember records of meeting the Ogres and Dalith crusters quite well. That said, I do advise some caution as I remember other, less prominent races to live there."
Azarian accompanies Gnarl as a supporting unit, more than happy to aid them in harvesting materials even if he could not do it himself.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 07:01:28 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2023, 06:28:21 pm »

”Hmm, this Jungle situation seems too complicated for now. However what if I do a slithering-conniving snake social tactic?, I have the perfect idea to make these morsels see eye to eye. Maybe for a later time.”

Return home, equip Great Shadow Cobra unit with the Scale Armor, set up an Expedition to the Unnamed Jungle as quickly as possible

Personal Request: Have the Forge develop Acidic Fang weapons to equip for a reptilian unit.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.2: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2023, 11:40:54 pm »

Turn 4.2: Year 1 - Month of Aum [Middle]

ACTIONS

Duke Gul'Athur (0/0/2/4): Downtime in Tartarus

- Development: Road to Parabes
Attribute: LEA 4
Bonus: Veteran Statesman (4) Instrument of Accuracy (1)
Goal1: 8
Goal2: 16
Roll [5d6]: 5+[19]= 24
The Duke returned to Tartarus, where he started working on a road to connect the capital to the nearby Parabes Mountain Range. Sufficient manpower and resources were put at his disposal, and he personally directed the planning and operations of this project. A paved road using the stones from Parabes was thus built, facilitating movement between the Capital and Parabes. This will surely help develop Parabes much faster.

Infrastructure: Tartarus-Parabes Paved Road.

Spoiler: Duke Gul'Athur's Army (click to show/hide)

Gnarl (0/4/1/1) and Azarian (0/3/2/1): On Expedition to Parabes

Gnarl has obtained an Albedine Staff (+3CR)
- Research: Study Corite
Attribute: MAG 4 MAG 3
Bonus: Font of Magical Knowledge (4) Arcane Scholar (4)
Goal1: 20
Roll [5d6]+[4d6]: 8+[12]+[13]= 32

Gnarl and Azarian set off to Parabes in order to research the properties of Corite and find a way to exploit it. The two scholars received the help from the pacified elementals, who shared with them the lore of the Parabes Elemental and the legend of the Magma Titans. Combining their vast magical knowledge and powers, they discovered that Corite produced immense amounts of elemental power. It's extraction was extremely dangerous however, as some ancient magical trap was cast over each Magma Chamber: any damage to the Corite would cause the mountain to erupt and devastate the surroundings. That was most definitely not good. And whether or not Corite would be exploited in the future, this magical trap represented a significant risk for the entire Parabes region.

Studying Corite gave some new insights to Gnarl and Azarian. With these elemental crystals as a fuel source, there may be a way to produce the fabled Soul Fire that was required to forge Nigredine and Albedine.

Corite might also be used to awaken the sealed potential of the Parabes Magma Elementals, but how remained unknown. If the theory was true, it might be possible to awaken them to their heritage as Magma Titan descendants.

Spoiler: Gnarl's Army (click to show/hide)

Roll (3/2/1/0): On Expedition to Falmasar Desert

- Diplomacy: Crystalline Elementals
Attribute: MAG 2
Bonus: Dream Engine (4) Magma Elementals (1)
Goal: 14
Roll [3d6]: 5+[9]= 14

Roll established the Crystalline Elementals of the Falmasar Underground. They called themselves the Crystalloids and were indeed a very territorial bunch. But Roll's mysterious aura and impressive power calmed them.

Roll met with an ancient Crystalloid, called Forar. It looked like a fearsome creature of red crystals with dozens of spindly limbs all over its body.

"We have no intention of forging alliances. We only wish to leave in peace, but we won't concern ourselves with the affairs of the surface."

Spoiler: Roll's Army (click to show/hide)

Eversor (4+1/2/0/0): On Expedition to the Unnamed Tundra (Distance 2)

Eversor has obtained a Nigredine Mace (+3CR)
Eversor has obtained an Enchanted Armour (+1HP)
- Royal Request: Armour
Eversor used his Royal Request, and skilled mages and craftsmen among the Advisors etched powerful enchantments into his armour.

A vast expanse of sparse yet hardy grass. Frigid hills and plains without a single tree in sight.
- Scouting
Attribute: INT 0
Bonus: None
Goal1: 8
Goal2: 16
Goal3: 32
Roll [1d6]: [3]

Eversor arrived in a new land where cold reigned. Fortunately the extreme temperatures did not bother him and his unliving troops, and they walked across the silent land in search for information. They met a few native monsters, learning of the name of the place: the Crosion Tundra. This was everything they could find, until they were attacked by Centaurs wielding weapons of ice and wearing heavy fur armours.

Battle Start!
Battlefield Name: Crosion Tundra
Battlefield Effect: Every Squad lacking some resistance to ice and cold are afflicted by a -2 malus to CR.

Quote from: Centaur Forces
Leader: Centaur Hunting Leader 3/3 (1d8+1)
Squads List:
#1 - Centaur Tundra Hunter 2/2 (1d4+1)
#2 - Centaur Tundra Hunter 2/2 (1d4+1)
#3 - Centaur Tundra Hunter 2/2 (1d4+1)

Quote from: Crosion Tundra
Biome: Tundra
Savagery: High
Allegiance: Unknown
Resources:
- Unknown
Points of Interest:
- Unknown
Region Characteristics:
- Extreme Cold
Population:
- Unknown

Spoiler: Eversor's Army (click to show/hide)

Ot'Ku Bo (4/0/2/0): Downtime to Tartarus

Ot'Ku Bo returned to Tartarus after the battle against the undead. He reported his findings, and let his squad rest. He then received a message left for him by Eversor: he had left an enchanted mace in the Armory, that would surely be of use to the Oni Berserker.

The Officer he had requested for arrived soon after. A calm blue Oni Tactician called Ta'Ko Mo. He was added to the Parabes Ogre Warrior Squads.

Ot'Ku Bo has obtained an Enchanted Mace (+2CR)
Ot'Ku Bo has recruited an Officer

Parabes Ogre Warriors fully healed

Spoiler: Ot'Ku Bo's Army (click to show/hide)

Unipent (4/1/0/1): Downtime in Tartarus

Unipent returned to Tartarus after establishing contact with the natives of Rishalia. He outfitted his Great Shadow Cobras with the newly finished scale armours.

- Crafting: Acidic Fang Weapons
Attribute: INT 0
Bonus: Unipent's Magical Forge (4)
Goal: 8
Roll [1d6]: 4+[4]= 8

With a bit of time left, Unipent set out to forge weapons for his serpentine troops. He managed to have enough metallic fangs crafted to outfit one squad.

Spoiler: Unipent's Army (click to show/hide)

ADVISORS

Rama (2/0/0/4): Downtime in Tartarus

- Research: Cursed Redgold Bracelet
Attribute: MAG 0
Bonus: Gnarl's Magical Workshop (2)
Roll [1d6]: 2+[5]= 7

Rama went to meet the Cheerful Demon Mage known as Decamot. Rama himself had no clue where did his cursed bracelet came from, and hoped the Redgold was maybe related to one of the Firstborn of Idna. As it turns out, Decamot had no clue either. If there was something hidden about that bracelet, more research was required.

PERSONAL REQUESTS

Duke Gul'Athur: Quality Wood plantation in Latze (1/3)
Ot'Ku Bo: None
Roll: None
Gnarl: None
Eversor: Develop Parabes Mining Village for Rare Ore (1/3)
Unipent: Weapons for a reptilian unit (1/3)

REQUESTS

Royal Request#2:
Name: Uncover all Distance 2 Regions
Description: Before proceeding further, it is necessary the Kingdom gathers information about the lands that surround us. We will be counting on you.
Guaranteed Reward: Royal Favor.

The Kingdom has issued no new request.

Spoiler: Available Requests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Completed Requests (click to show/hide)

REGIONS DATA

Spoiler: Kingdom of Zethe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3 Regions (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.2: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2023, 11:41:32 pm »

PLAYER STATUS

ADVISORS STATUS

--Skills and Traits incomplete--

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12