Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild  (Read 11492 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2023, 06:14:36 pm »

Perhaps you could have one of your deciples lead it this time, Guildmaster Brightbuckle.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2023, 07:16:21 pm »

Perhaps you could have one of your deciples lead it this time, Guildmaster Brightbuckle.

Yes. Bruv doesn't intend on leading the next expedition. We just need someone to fill each role.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2023, 09:33:14 pm »

Volunteering as bard.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2023, 09:41:53 pm »

A new dungeon has been discovered in the West!

Spoiler: Abandoned Tower (click to show/hide)

Volunteering as bard.

Why don't you lead an expedition to the tower or the actic cave? You just need to come up with a name for your party. All the roles would be filled if sodafoutain agrees to be a rogue or ranger!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2023, 02:30:41 am »

So, are we doing this or not?

Unless There's any objections I will call our party "Ayes' Adventurers", and we shall explore the Abandoned Tower.

Rogue/Ranger: Bruv Brightbuckle
Warrior/Mage: Elliot March
Bard/Cleric: Aywen Ayes
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 02:09:16 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2023, 06:49:29 pm »

Bruv will join as a rogue.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2023, 08:27:27 am »

Elliot will join as a warrior.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2023, 12:04:31 pm »

Thanks for leading a1s! Since you are the guild member leading the expedition, do you want to GM this one based on how I ran the Southern Marshes? If not, I can GM.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 01:02:41 pm by MadMonkey »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2023, 09:46:41 am »

Thanks for leading a1s! Since you are the guild member leading the expedition, do you want to GM this one based on how I ran the Southern Marshes? If not, I can GM.

That would help make progress on the current Keyforged milestone if another can GM it besides yourself Bruv. So thank you for asking your guildmates to assist with that.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2023, 02:12:10 am »

Remind me again how this works. I noticed that a roll of 1 seems to be a success on a DC of 2 or 3, so I gather this is a roll-under system, but what die are we rolling (based on the results I've seen I'm guessing it's a d4, or possibly a d3?) Also, negative rolls ???

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2023, 09:30:09 am »

It's three d6s. One for the rogue/ranger, one for the mage/warrior, and one for the cleric/bard. The party member succeeds if their DC is equal to or higher than the roll plus the ratings of the dungeon, which in this case is -3. I used a d4 for damage so far.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2023, 02:05:19 pm »

Oh, I assumed the ratings fed into the DC side of the system.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2023, 02:33:57 pm »

Ayes' Adventurers sets out from the Adventurer's Guild to take on another dungeon. For some it will be their first ever dungeon, for others it's not their first rodeo. Though one must agree two is also a very low number of rodeos.

Spoiler: Abandoned Tower (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ayes' Adventurers (click to show/hide)

The party reaches the tower after 8 hours of travel. Their path is blocked by a door. Old, but sturdy and most of all locked, will this door spell the end of our nascent adventure?

Shall we
a) quietly pick the lock?
b) bash in the door, surprising whatever's on the other side?
c) look around, behind the tower for other entrances?

Also, Ayes decides to roll the dice and save their strength for casting whatever the ritual will be.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2023, 02:39:24 pm »

No sense in not exhausting all of our options. I'm for checking around for other entrances, my second opinion tending towards picking the locks.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2023, 03:37:09 pm »

No sense in not exhausting all of our options. I'm for checking around for other entrances, my second opinion tending towards picking the locks.

+1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12